Praying to Jesus

Hi again…

So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You." As He also says in another place: "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek"; who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"

- Hebrews 5:5-10 (NKJV)

Runningman, God the Father heard the reverence (fear here refers to reverence) of His only begotten Son, and He observed Jesus Christ's obedience in everything He did. Jesus was never afraid of dying. He was the Son of God and He came to suffer, bear the cross, and give His life for mankind. Jesus Christ never asked His Father to spare Him from fulfilling the purpose for which He came to earth. In other words, Jesus wasn't praying or weeping for Himself, but for the world. He even brought salvation to the thief on the cross while He Himself in agony was hanging there to die!

Amazing GRACE,

Selah
Selah, God the Father heard Jesus on the condition of his respect for Him. Did God save Jesus from the death of the cross? No of course not, but God saved Jesus from eternal death by resurrecting him. That's like all people who need saving.

Also, it refers to Jesus as "having been perfected" which would mean he went through a perfection process before finally being perfect. That isn't God my friend. I hope you can see it.

The true desire of GOD was always OBEDIANCE .
actually look again my friend . Passover was part of that covenant . ye shall keep it .
Now as far as the blood of bulls and of goats , GOD has far more desire in OBEDIANCE .
Did i speak to you of the blood of bulls and of goats . HE TOLD THEM OBEY ME . see . it was to OBEY HIM .
which includes the keeping of passover as it do with any thing else HE said .
save-image.png

Selah, God the Father heard Jesus on the condition of his respect for Him. Did God save Jesus from the death of the cross? No of course not, but God saved Jesus from eternal death by resurrecting him. That's like all people who need saving.

Also, it refers to Jesus as "having been perfected" which would mean he went through a perfection process before finally being perfect. That isn't God my friend. I hope you can see it.
That's Christ's human side that went through the horrors and trials of the Cross. You do know that Christ has a human side, right?

Amen, brother. We’ve got to be watchmen in these latter days and never ever be deceived by the flood of lies that are coming out of them locusts’ mouths that are swarming now.

s.
i hate swarms of nagging mosquitoes

a pest and an annoyance with my joy of the outdoors

I have already addressed this already. See evidence below. As such you are projecting the following: "You have not added anything different in reply to what I said. I am beginning to notice the pattern that after I say something, it would seem you are just not reading it, then pasting something similar i have already replied to"

So, this is what you're up against. I'll let you think and check twice about your next reply which has to directly address the following points:
  1. I do acknowledge Acts 3:13 but Ex 3 describes a Divine Appearance. Do you understand that fact?
  2. John 6:46 precludes the possibility that it's the Father appearing to anyone except Christ but
  3. John 14:9 allows the Father to be seen when one sees Jesus, the Preincarnate Jesus in the case of Ex 3.
Conclusion: Jesus is the "I Am" OT God mentioned in Ex 3
So you're getting hung up on imagining the Father being the only true God as a conditional statement when it isn't. It's a declaration about the Father being the only true God in John 17:1-3 as the verse plainly says.

Jesus began his prayer by addressing the Father so Jesus is speaking directly to the Father in this prayer. Jesus stated to his God and Father that he is" the only true God" which refers to exclusivity. Since Jesus also used the "the" definite article, then it means the Father is uniquely the one true God. That plainly means Jesus is not the true God. This is very basic english grammar.

You posted John 6:46 and John 14:9 again which don't assist with your premise. Your premise has already been exposed as false by Jesus declaring that only the Father is God. So God is a person. That suggests you must view God as a status or thing rather than a person. I highly doubt you believe God is a person at this point, but rather a condition.

You posting John 6:46 and John 14:9 is about knowing the Father, not being the Father. Jesus came to bear witness and explain God as John 1:18 says.

John 1​
18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

You don't believe the Son is the Father. Therefore Jesus is not the Father. Knowing Jesus, since he's like his Father, is the way to know the Father. Seeing vs. being blind refer to knowing or not understanding in Scripture, not being the same person.
John 14​
7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”​
Next.

That's Christ's human side that went through the horrors and trials of the Cross. You do know that Christ has a human side, right?
It's not just his human side, but his soul as well. Jesus' soul went to Sheol and required being saved by God. While God didn't save Jesus from his crucifixion, He did save him from death.

Psalm 16
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.

@DavidTree @TOTHALORDBEALLGLORY @Selah @civic @Studyman @Runningman

None of us should ever be disheartened when we come to realize, by God's Grace, that our understanding of Scripture is an ongoing process as we walk with the LORD Jesus Christ.

It is a BLESSING to be on here sharing with one another.

If we reject seeking honor from men, it will FREE us to seek the Honor that belongs to the One True FATHER of the One True LORD Jesus Christ.

But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to separate the FATHER from the SON from the HOLY SPIRIT

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Last edited:
It's not just his human side, but his soul as well. Jesus' soul went to Sheol and required being saved by God. While God didn't save Jesus from his crucifixion, He did save him from death.

Psalm 16
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.
Who said that a soul is not part of being a human???? Your strawmen are so pathetic, it's embarrassing.

Therefore, Christ is both 100% man and 100% God.

Psalm 16
JESUS went to Sheol, of His own Power, NOT to be saved but to fulfill His Own Prophecy!!!

So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days
I will raise it up.

Who said that a soul is not part of being a human???? Your strawmen are so pathetic, it's embarrassing.

Therefore, Christ is both 100% man and 100% God.
the MIND of CHRIST

Brother, just One important Truth = CHRIST came to earth with His Own Soul which HE had from Eternity.

Just as "the Word that was God" was NEVER created, so also His Soul was NEVER created.

Only a flesh body was prepared for Him = Hebrews 10:5

Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body You prepared for Me;

The God portrayed in the Holy Scriptures is a Spirit, according to Scriptures. The Christ, before becoming a man, was a Spirit as well, that existed in the Minds of the Prophets who prophesied of Him becoming a man and dwelling among humans in human form.

Gen. 3: 22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become "as one of us", to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

I just posted Paul's words, who in my opinion knows more than you about God and the Law and Prophets, which tell you the Spiritual Rock that fed and watered (instructed and guided) Israel, was the Spirit of Christ, "Before" HE became a man in the person of Jesus.

I understand how his teaching brings question to the Philosophy you have adopted and are now promoting to others, and therefore, as is the tradition of religious men, you have the fleshy urge to ignore or discount Paul as mistaken. Perhaps it is wise to consider allowing Scriptures to correct us, instead of us working to correct them.

Again, you are injecting your own personal bias into the Scripture to the point of actually making up stuff that doesn't exist.

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was "with God", and the Word "was God". 2 The same was in the beginning "with God". 3 All things were made by him; (The Word of God) and without "him" was not anything made that was made. 4 "In him" (The Word of God) was life; and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld "his" glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So you see? The Word of God is a HE, according to John, not a thing as you are promoting to others.

Gen. 15: 1 After these things "the word of the LORD" came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: "I" (The Word of the Lord) am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Ex. 9: 20 He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: 21 And he that "regarded not" the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field.

Num. 15: 31 Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken "his" (The Word of the Lord's) commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

So you see? In your attempt to justify your adopted religion, you have again promoted falsehoods about God and HIS Word, teaching that the "Word of God" was not an actual living being, but a thing.

The question is, can you be corrected, or are you just like many of the other preachers on this forum not capable of "yielding themselves" to the "Word of God" who became flesh.

It's about a religious philosophy you have adopted and are now promoting to others. The Scriptures teach that the Word of God "became Flesh" in the person of Jesus. You are preaching that the Word of God "created" the person Jesus. I know the Scriptures, but who are you?

Can you show me one place in my post where I said, suggested or even implied that Jesus was a thousands of years old mortal human? Come on sir, God is a Spirit, and the Christ, the Holy One of Israel, the "Rock" of David's Salvation, was also a Spirit. This Rock, this "Word of God" that was with God, "Became" a mortal human and dwelled among men. And what does it say about this Spirit who became a man?

Phil. 2: 6 Who, being in "the form of God", (A Spirit guiding Israel in the Wilderness) thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

No longer a Spirit, but a mortal human being, as He said, "He Laid down His Life".

8 And being found in fashion as a man, (When was this sir? when HE was 6 months old crapping His diaper, of when HE grew up and was old enough to understand who HE was?) he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore (Because of this) God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name "which is above every name":

But as the Scriptures clearly show, John didn't call the Word of God "A Thing". John called the Word of God, "HE". The same in Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, and throughout the entire Bible.

1 Sam. 15: 22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the "word of the LORD", "he" ( The Word of the Lord) hath also rejected thee from being king.

You, not John, not the Law and Prophets, not anyone in the entire Bible, are calling the "Word of the Lord" a "thing".

Shouldn't a man believe what is written?

What makes a man? Flesh? Bones? Or thoughts? Without thoughts, what is a man? A pile of blood cells and water. As the Jesus "of the Bible" teaches. Thoughts can exist in a Spirit, but without thoughts, the flesh is nothing.

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."

There is nothing in Scriptures which even remotely promotes what you are promoting here. The Spirit which "became a man" in the person of Jesus, existed even before Abraham. Jesus tries to tell you this, but some men cannot receive Him. If I were you, I would stop adopting the religious philosophies of whoever it is that is teaching you and place your trust in the God Inspired Holy Scriptures, " for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

It can be humiliating at first, but humiliation is the cure for pride.

The mortal man Jesus did pre-exist in the foreknowledge of God. But the Spirit of Christ which became the mortal man Jesus, existed with His Father before the world was. At least according to the Jesus "of the Bible".

To deny that the Spirit of Christ wasn't active in the OT, as the "Word of God" is foolishness at best, and evil at worse.
I must say that I'm very impressed by your continuous defense of Scripture. Well done! You've got your opponent on the run! It's funny that his name is so much aligned with the fact that he is a man who runs away from Scripture.

JESUS went to Sheol, of His own Power, NOT to be saved but to fulfill His Own Prophecy!!!

So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days
I will raise it up.
According to Scripture, Jesus died both body and soul during his sacrifice.

Isaiah 53
10Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush Him
and to cause Him to suffer;
and when His soul is made a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,
and the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

You also got the wrong idea about “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” For that to be true, Jesus would have had to destroy his own body and resurrect himself. According to Scripture, he did not do that. See John 2:22.

The Father does not have a human soul. Jesus does.

Nobody said that the Father went to Sheol. Jesus went to Sheoul. Read Psalms 16:10.
Then you seem to be in agreement that Jesus is not God then. The Father being the only true God didn't go to sheol and the Father doesn't have a human soul.

You are making my argument for me at this point.

Do you say just a man died or God died during Jesus' sacrifice?

Back
Top Bottom