Justification by Faith

You need God to enlighten you, thats above my pay grade.
I agree completely. But there is the rub, isn't it? God has enlightened me, through His Word, to the fact that Calvin was absolutely wrong in all 5 of his TULIP doctrinal foundations. Calvin had some good ideas at the start, but he took selected passages of Scripture too far and did not account for the additional input that other passages give. When anyone does that, it will always lead to wrong conclusions.

Then there is someone like yourself who adheres to the doctrine more strongly than to Scripture. Now, I know you don't believe that you do, but when you are presented with Scriptural evidence that shows the error of your doctrine you consistently defer to the doctrine rather than allow the Scripture to adjust the doctrine. This has been evidenced many times in our discussions. I am not saying this as condemnation of you, but as an admonition to really look at the Scriptures themselves, and allow them to change your doctrine, not seek to make the Scriptures fit the doctrine.

our believing doth not make him to be our God. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

You post more heresy by more heretics, seemingly then anyone else on any forum, anywhere.

Notice the theological "doctrines of Devil's" lie you just posted that is created by a Liar.

He wrote that "believing does not make God to be our God".

But in fact, its by FAITH that we are redeemed through the Cross of Christ.

Its by "Faith counted as Righteousness" that we are given "The gift of Righteousness" and " The Gift of Salvation"

Faith & Justification

Justification as considered internally, at their effectual Vocation, when the Lord by the Preaching of the Gospel, doth powerfully persuade their hearts to believe in Christ; for the Elect themselves, before Faith, have no knowledge or comfort, either of God’s gracious volitions towards them, or of Christ’s undertakings and purchases in their behalf; in which respect, they are said to be without Christ, and without God in the world, Eph.2:12, Gal.4:1. They are compared to an heir under age, who differs nothing from a Servant, though he be the lord of all. By Faith we come to see that everlasting love, wherewith we were loved; and that plenteous Redemption which Christ hath wrought for us; for which cause, Faith is called the evidence of things not seen, Heb.11:1; and God is said thereby to reveal his Righteousness from Heaven to us, Rom.1:17; and to reveal his Son in us, Gal.1:16. Now in this sense men are said to be justified by the act of Faith, in regard Faith is the medium or Instrument, whereby the Sentence of Forgiveness is terminated in their Consciences; which is daily made more plain, and legible, by the operation of the Spirit, sealing, and witnessing unto them their peace and reconciliation with God. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

You post more heresy by more heretics, seemingly then anyone else on any forum, anywhere.

Notice the theological "doctrines of Devil's" lie you just posted that is created by a Liar.

He wrote that "believing does not make God to be our God".

But in fact, its by FAITH that we are redeemed through the Cross of Christ.

Its by "Faith counted as Righteousness" that we are given "The gift of Righteousness" and " The Gift of Salvation"
You are resisting the truth friend.

Faith & Justification

Faith ascribes all unto Christ, it being an act of self-dereliction, a kind of holy despair, a denying and renouncing of all fitness, and worthiness in ourselves; a going unto Christ, looking towards him, and a rolling of ourselves upon his All Sufficiency; so that in the Apostolic sense, we deny not, that Faith justifieth in the sight of God; Faith {I say} taken objectively; namely, for Christ and his Righteousness; it is for his Merits and Satisfaction alone, that we are accounted Just and Righteous at God’s Tribunal. But if Faith be taken properly for the Act of Believing, we say indeed, that it only evidenceth that Justification which we have in Christ; nor is this any contradiction to the Holy Ghost, who ascribes our Justification in the sight of God to Christ alone. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

Faith & Justification

Faith ascribes all unto Christ, it being an act of self-dereliction, a kind of holy despair, a denying and renouncing of all fitness, and worthiness in ourselves; a going unto Christ, looking towards him, and a rolling of ourselves upon his All Sufficiency; so that in the Apostolic sense, we deny not, that Faith justifieth in the sight of God; Faith {I say} taken objectively; namely, for Christ and his Righteousness; it is for his Merits and Satisfaction alone, that we are accounted Just and Righteous at God’s Tribunal. But if Faith be taken properly for the Act of Believing, we say indeed, that it only evidenceth that Justification which we have in Christ; nor is this any contradiction to the Holy Ghost, who ascribes our Justification in the sight of God to Christ alone. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}
The title of the article/paper/book (whatever it is) declares the error of the article from the very beginning. There is no justification without conditions!
The reception of God's blessing comes with conditions. The widow did not receive oil without gathering containers into which to pour it. The walls of Jericho did not fall down except the Israelites marched and cheered and blew their horns. A person is not washed clean of sin unless that person submits to the Lordship of Jesus and, in obedience to Him, surrenders in baptism.

But this one paragraph is fairly accurate. The only thing wrong with it is that it equates faith with "the act of believing" and does not go on to include the fact that faith without taking action is dead. Belief that does not cause one to act on the belief isn't really belief.

The title of the article/paper/book (whatever it is) declares the error of the article from the very beginning. There is no justification without conditions!
The reception of God's blessing comes with conditions. The widow did not receive oil without gathering containers into which to pour it. The walls of Jericho did not fall down except the Israelites marched and cheered and blew their horns. A person is not washed clean of sin unless that person submits to the Lordship of Jesus and, in obedience to Him, surrenders in baptism.

But this one paragraph is fairly accurate. The only thing wrong with it is that it equates faith with "the act of believing" and does not go on to include the fact that faith without taking action is dead. Belief that does not cause one to act on the belief isn't really belief.
You not able to receive the Truth

We speak Gods Truth, you just cant believe it, at this point God haunt enabled you
Oh, He absolutely has. You see, when I have an idea, or hear a sermon that promotes an idea, and I read a passage of Scripture that says something different than that idea, Scripture ALWAYS wins and my mind is changed about that idea.

However, you have proven to me that is not the case with you. I have shown you proof in over half a dozen Scriptures that say that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN EVER is covered under the death of Christ: He died for everyone, and no one is not able to benefit from His death. Yet you continue to hold to the idea that Jesus only died for those who are going to be saved. These two concepts are not compatible, and anyone who believes in the authority of Scripture MUST let Scripture win. However, you place your thought (or the thoughts of Calvin) to prevail over Scripture. You cannot speak truth if you place yourself over Scripture.

Oh, He absolutely has. You see, when I have an idea, or hear a sermon that promotes an idea, and I read a passage of Scripture that says something different than that idea, Scripture ALWAYS wins and my mind is changed about that idea.

However, you have proven to me that is not the case with you. I have shown you proof in over half a dozen Scriptures that say that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN EVER is covered under the death of Christ: He died for everyone, and no one is not able to benefit from His death. Yet you continue to hold to the idea that Jesus only died for those who are going to be saved. These two concepts are not compatible, and anyone who believes in the authority of Scripture MUST let Scripture win. However, you place your thought (or the thoughts of Calvin) to prevail over Scripture. You cannot speak truth if you place yourself over Scripture.
Sorry friend, He hasnt, you are opposition to the Truth and its been presented to you.

Faith & Justification

The nature of Faith receives not the least prejudice by our Doctrine; for if we define it as most of our old Protestant Divines {Melanchthon, P. Martyr, Calvin, Perkins, &c.} have done; as a firm and certain persuasion of the favor of God, and the pardon of our sins, it confirms our Tenant; for men’s sins must be pardoned before they can believe it, or else of necessity they must believe a lie. All men know that the object doth precede the act, unless it be when the act gives a being to the object; or if we make it to be the trust or reliance of the soul upon Jesus Christ, it receives no small encouragement from this consideration, that Christ hath finished whatsoever was necessary by Divine appointment for the Justification of sinners, not expecting the least condition to be performed by us for that end. Our Faith is never so impregnable, as when it rests entirely upon Jesus Christ. And as for the ends and uses of Faith {which are chiefly to give us boldness, and confidence towards God; to purify our hearts, and to work by love, &c.} they are all of them promoted and furthered by the Doctrine we teach; for what is it, that gives us boldness towards God, but the merit and perfection of Christ’s sacrifice? Whereby the mouth of the Law is stopped, the accusations of Satan are all answered, and the justice of God is fully satisfied. Again, what other means is there so effectual to purify our hearts, to constrain us to love Him, &c., as the freeness, absoluteness and immutability of his love to us; who whilst we were sinners, and enemies, reconciled us to himself by the Blood of the Cross, and blotted out our sins, as if they had never been committed? William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

Faith & Justification

The Scripture which he made his theme is Romans 5:1. “Therefore being justified by Faith, we have peace with God, &c,” concludes nothing at all against Justification before Faith; for we may without any violence to the Text, place the Comma after justified, {as thus,} “being justified, by Faith we have peace with God.” This reading is agreeable both to the Apostles scope, and to the Context. His scope here was not to show the efficacy of Faith in our Justification, but what benefits we have by the death of Christ; the first of which is Justification, and the consequent thereof is peace with God. Again, the Illative Particle {‘therefore’} shows, that this place is a Corollary, or Deduction from the words immediately foregoing, which ascribed our Justification wholly to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.{Chap.4} The Apostle thence infers, being justified - seeing we are justified freely, without works, by the death of Christ, by Faith we have peace with God; the Lord powerfully drawing our hearts to believe this, we have boldness and confidence towards God, the cause of fear being taken away; or as the Syriac and vulgar Latin read it, Let us have peace with God; let us by Faith improve this Grace, for the establishing of our hearts in perfect peace. Now according to this reading, his own text will give in evidence against him, that Faith is not the cause or antecedent, but an effect and consequent of our Justification, procured and obtained by the death of Christ. But; if we take the words, as commonly they are read, the sense comes all to one; that being justified by Christ {who is the sole object of our Faith} we have peace with God; who by the Faith which he creates in us, causeth us to enjoy this reconciliation; by virtue whereof, our Conscience is so firmly grounded, that we are not moved by any temptation, or beaten down by any terror. The Work of Faith is not to procure our Justification, but to beget peace in our Consciences. So then, the words being rightly understood, they neither deny Justification before Faith, nor assert Justification by the act or habit of Faith, which Mr. W. would conclude from thence. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

Faith & Justification

I freely grant that Faith is the Instrument by which we receive and apply the Righteousness of Christ unto ourselves, whereby the gracious sentence of God, acquitting us from our sins, is conveyed and terminated in our Consciences. We say indeed, that Faith doth not concur to our Justification, as a proper Physical Instrument {which is a less principal efficient cause.} Mr. Rutherford saith well, “That Faith is not the Organical or Instrumental cause, either of Christ’s satisfaction, or of God’s acceptation thereof on our behalf.” By believing we do not cause, either our Saviour to satisfy for our sins, or God to accept of his satisfaction. Every true Believer is persuaded, that God hath laid aside his wrath and displeasure towards him for his sins, having received a sufficient ransom and satisfaction for them in the death of his Son. Faith is a Receptive, not an Effective Instrument, an Instrument not to procure, but to receive Justification and Salvation, which is freely given us in Jesus Christ. It is called an Instrumental cause of our Justification, taking Justification passively, not actively; or in reference to that passive Application, whereby a man applies the Righteousness of Christ to himself, but not to that active Application, whereby God applies it to a man, which is only in the mind of God. Therefore Calvin calls Faith, ‘Opus Passivum’ - a passive work. William Eyre {Justification without Conditions – 1654}

Justification by Christ Alone

“I am the Lord, I change not.” {Mal.3:6} Nothing can be charged upon God’s elect; {Rom.8:1;} for they are justified in Christ. {II Cor.5:19} Those who have no sin upon them are justified, for Christ hath taken away all the sins of the Elect; {I Pet.2:24, Rom.6:6;} and to say that we are not justified before God until we believe, is to say Jesus Christ hath not justified us, which is contrary to the Scriptures, which saith that we are “accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.” {Eph.1:6-7} We are justified by his blood. {Rom.5:9} Jesus Christ hath loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood. {Rev.1:5} We were reconciled by the death of his Son. {Rom.5:9,10} A full satisfaction has been rendered. {Heb.10:11-14} And in this God is well pleased before we believe. {Mat.3:17, Is.53:11} Also to say, we are not justified before God, or in His sight, until we believe, is to say, we must add our work to Christ, to make up our justification before God, and if it be so, then we in part save ourselves; and if we do join with Christ in this work, why may we not join with him in the glory of it; for that may be esteemed one of the greatest parts of our justification, without which we cannot be justified. But this derogates from Christ, and all such tenets we are to hate with execration! For, saith Christ, “I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me.” {Isa.63:3} We rather say, “if we believe not, yet he abideth faithful; he cannot deny himself.” {II Tim.2:13} Samuel Richardson {Saint’s Desire, 1647}

Justification by Christ Alone

Some place justification to be only in the conscience. But we place it only in Christ where it is, and to whom it belongs. Justification consists in taking away of sin. None but Christ can do that. Justification and acceptation are one. For without justification there is no acceptation; and seeing that we are accepted in Christ, we are justified in Him. If our justification be a spiritual blessing, {as it is} then it is in Christ where all spiritual blessings are, “Blessed be God, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in Christ.” {Eph.1:3} Where our redemption and righteousness are, there is our justification. Righteousness and justification are one. This we have not in ourselves but in Christ, “who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” {I Cor.1:30} “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins.” {Col.1:14} Our justification is a part of our completeness. Therefore, where we are complete there we are justified. But we are not complete in ourselves, but in Him. {Col.2:10} If all things on which depends our happiness were accomplished, {Jn.19:28,} then was our justification also. For without that no man could be saved. Samuel Richardson {Justification by Christ Alone, 1647}

Back
Top Bottom