Is Jesus the Christ a human Person?

I was raised and trained in historical orthodox trinitarianism (HOT).

I’m defending HOT because trinitarians who should be aren’t.

I’m defending HOT for another reason, too.

A historical note: Trinitarians in the not too distant past would have persecuted you, even to the point of torturing and executing you, for the position you’ve taken against HOT.
Strawman once again

I’m a Jewish monotheist. It’s a no according to Jewish monotheism.

The majority of unitarians would answer yes.

This thread is about the teaching of trinitarianism. You’re a trinitarian. I’m a unitarian. It shouldn’t fall to me to teach trinitarianism on a trinitarian owned and operated forum. If you’re up for it, take over the teaching.

There are forum members who have posted in this thread - and maybe a few non-forum members will read it someday - who has asserted that trinitarian teaching on the person of Jesus isn’t worth spit. You have a golden opportunity to defend your teaching in this thread.
Another strawman and argument based upon sensationalism and emotions.

Yours is a losing battle.

I’ve seen many people of the years who have rejected the trinitarian teaching that Jesus is not a human person go on to become persuaded that Jewish monotheism is correct. I’ve also see many people over the years who had rejected the teaching of trinitarianism that Jesus is not a human person go on to become persuaded that the trinitarian teaching is correct.

From the OT Theophanies to John Chapter 1 to the Early Church Fathers, the Holy Trinity stands supreme throughout all the ages. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Jesus is doing something even now about false trinitarian doctrine.

For all the members and guests I’m not anyone’s judge, Jesus will be.

I proclaim the biblical Jesus and the Plural God of the scriptures. I leave judgement of a man’s soul to God.

Some like to judge another man’s heart and that is not my job. This is a discussion forum and not a church.

I have no authority over anyone’s religious beliefs here that is between them and God.

That’s specifically mentioned in the guideline section in this forum.

For all the members and guests I’m not anyone’s judge, Jesus will be.

I proclaim the biblical Jesus and the Plural God of the scriptures. I leave judgement of a man’s soul to God.

Some like to judge another man’s heart and that is not my job. This is a discussion forum and not a church.

I have no authority over anyone’s religious beliefs here that is between them and God.

That’s specifically mentioned in the guideline section in this forum.

You know what constitutes trinitarianism and what doesn’t.

“I asked that question of so many of my friends recently, and almost all, save for only one, gave me the wrong answer. Some even became indignant for my even asking the question. Why they became indignant, I have no clue. Nevertheless it is an important question about the person of Jesus the Christ.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person?
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person?
3. Is He both?
4. Is He neither?

What answer do you have for each of those four simple questions? … “

(Bob Stanley, “Is Jesus the Christ a Human Person? Think before you answer that question.”)

But what is Human?

I would say that in the context of His creation Eden paradise, a Human man in Eden was npsh,
one entire being is the definition of nsph..such that the soul and the body are the Same thing...

but after the fall when the soul was separated by Adam from God,
the soul is one thing and the body another separate thing ---
we now got into this foreign fleshbody that wars God
(and that gets ill, decays, dies, desires sin)

The only Human Being that Christ IS, is NPSH, having God's nature, not the *nature of this world.

He did assume the sin body, this flesh, as a huge step down --- for us --- to make possible for us to return
to Paradise, which we will at the Change, when we will be Restored to our body made by God,
and our Land He gave to us His souls, eden paradise in the other reality. We will be saved from this fallen
world and its fleshbody.

Please we must remember Christ said He is not from here.

For a really good reason ...He did not make this one
and says in Prophets he will destroy it, its sky will roll back,
and no one will remember this place....

*what is meant by nature of this world..
well everything that grows here, trees, the sky, its sun,
its cosmology, and this body,
its mindset, its desires, etc. All of it is a foreign land
and its type of flesh and mind - all foreign to Him.

Last edited:
You aren’t acting like it in this thread.

I know as well, and possibly better, than you what constitutes trinitarianism.

I stood up for it in this thread. You haven’t. You compromised.
Sure I answered the OP. It’s not salvific is the point.

The Christian’s who believe Jesus is a human person are just fine.

Do you believe Jesus is a human person ?

If so are you saved ?

hope this helps !!!

Sure I answered the OP.

You not only answered the OP, you answered it as every trinitarian should but very few trinitarians do. They either don’t know what trinitarianism teaches or they know and reject what trinitarianism teaches. There are many more who don’t know than who do.

It’s not salvific is the point.

The trinitarian teaching about Jesus isn’t salvific.

“I asked that question of so many of my friends recently, and almost all, save for only one, gave me the wrong answer. Some even became indignant for my even asking the question. Why they became indignant, I have no clue. Nevertheless it is an important question about the person of Jesus the Christ.

1. Is Jesus the Christ a human person?
2. Is Jesus the Christ a Divine person?
3. Is He both?
4. Is He neither?

What answer do you have for each of those four simple questions? … “

(Bob Stanley, “Is Jesus the Christ a Human Person? Think before you answer that question.”)

also, this was a trick question...

- first, not theology, but only God will decide who is His and who will be saved.

- it assumes the meaning of human as being ' a soul in this type of fleshbody.'
It does not take into account the meaning of a human being BEFORE the fall.

- it assumes that Christ is not a BEING and simply sticks to person...
no reason for that...that is an RCC mangling.

- it ignores Christ's original Deity, as His Son, and his body which is NPSH, having God's type of nature.

You not only answered the OP, you answered it as every trinitarian should but very few trinitarians do. They either don’t know what trinitarianism teaches or they know and reject what trinitarianism teaches. There are many more who don’t know than who do.

The trinitarian teaching about Jesus isn’t salvific.
Jesus is the Savior, Jesus saves not doctrine. Doctrine comes after salvation. One just needs to believe the gospel outlined in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 and Romans 10:9-13 by receiving and believing the gospel and confessing Christ as Lord.

when I think of the absolute meaning of a Human Being,
I think of the type of Man God made in Eden, before the fall.

The post-fall meaning of human being is a degraded version
which is not God's version.

Last edited:
Jesus is the Savior, Jesus saves not doctrine. Doctrine comes after salvation. One just needs to believe the gospel outlined in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 and Romans 10:9-13 by receiving and believing the gospel and confessing Christ as Lord.

Doctrine comes after salvation?

You either don’t know or don’t believe SHURF.

Back
Top Bottom