Is Jesus God?

The Holy Spirit speaks of the Trinity and you should believe Him!

Genesis - "Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness"
The Holy Spirit is not a person but an attribute of a person (or Being, if you prefer). The words you quote are the words of God and in no way do these words denote a triune relationship. You have to assume who God is talking to.

Weak. Very weak.

Exodus 3:15 - And Elohim(Plural)
Elohim means heavenly being. It could refer to the Supreme Being, who is also a heavenly being. But it could also refer to any of the class of heavenly beings. If Elohim means plural, in no way does it support the trinity as you must concede all the angels are equally god.

Many words have more than one sense, including the word "god." Check out https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god.
1 God : the supreme or ultimate reality
2 or less commonly God : a being or object that is worshipped as having more than natural attributes and powers
specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
had photos of baseball's gods pinned to his bedroom wall
4 : a powerful ruler

God's will, logos, will, spirit and word are all god in sense 3, a thing of supreme value. Some athletes are called god in sense 2. Lebron James is god of the basketball world. Muhamad Ali is god of the boxing world, etc. Also, the Bible tells us there are many gods.

2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world.

Ps 82:1 CEV
When all the other gods
have come together,

the Lord God judges them

Who are all these other gods in heaven? Elohim. Other heavenly beings.

1 COR 8:5 People may say that there are gods in heaven and on earth—many gods and many lords, as they would call them.

So, heavenly beings could be plural elohim (god) in sense 2 of the word. This does not mean they are or can be God in sense 1, as supreme means 1. And Scripture explicitly tells us this about YHWH.

that they may know that you alone, whose name is Yahweh, are the Most High over all the earth.
Ps 83:19 (REV)

The Holy Spirit is not a person but an attribute of a person (or Being, if you prefer). The words you quote are the words of God and in no way do these words denote a triune relationship. You have to assume who God is talking to.

Weak. Very weak.
Dear @Wrangler,

You post does not pass a basic logic exam =
The words you quote are the words of God and in no way do these words denote a triune relationship.

Not at all. "I am" is not a claim of deity. Everyone says it.

Customer Service: Who has #27? Who is next?
Wrangler: Me. I am.

Synergy. Proof Wranger is God. 💂‍♀️
Question: What is God's name?
Answer: (Exodus 3:14) God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I am has sent me to you.’”

Question: Where did Jesus declare himself as God?
Answer: (John 8:58) Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came into being, I AM!

Conclusion: So Jesus declared himself God by both name and by his eternal existence.
Sorry, you do not fit that bill no matter how much you chase after it.

Question: What is God's name?
Answer: (Exodus 3:14) God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I am has sent me to you.’”
Ex 3:14 does not state his name.

If a pugilist said, "I am the greatest of all time" that does not state what is name is. You know this.

Circular (implied) Reasoning.

Like I said, weak. Very weak.

What evidence would you accept that Jesus is not God?

@Wrangler asks: "What evidence would you accept that Jesus is not God?"

Answer: Matthew 4:4
"Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God"

to all, is Jesus God?
Scripture, Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?" Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."
question, "if the LORD" fills.... mind you FILLS heaven and Earth, where is there room for a second and third Person?"

for fills means, "an amount of something which is as much as one wants or can bear", but NOTICE in verse 24 it's "Fills... and not fill. that "s" at the end of flii(s) is no limit, continuously, or NO END. and this one person that fill(S) is the LORD. so, there is no room for a second or third person to fill anything.

also Notice in verse 23 it states that the LORD is a, a, a, a, a God.... Uh Oh. if there is someone else, who is a God ghat fill(s), and is separate from the LORD, then they are a false LYING god.. because the LORD said he a single person, is a, a, a GOD. meaning he's only ONE God and if anyone says that there are three person, two beside the LORD then they LIE. Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." NOTICE, the cap "G" in God. so there is no second person, or third Person.

Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me."

this is too easy not to comprehend.

101G.

Can you tell me where the commentator speaks about John 8:58 or even John 1:1?
Since neither verse is calling Jesus God, there is no reason for the commenator to talk abou it, right?

We all know you desparately need to read into the verse that Jesus claimed deity. It's just not so. Compare to

I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God.
Isaiah 45:5

Since neither verse is calling Jesus God, there is no reason for the commenator to talk abou it, right?

We all know you desparately need to read into the verse that Jesus claimed deity. It's just not so. Compare to

I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God.
Isaiah 45:5
So the commentator does not dare touch John 8:58 nor John 1:1. Got it!

So the commentator does not dare touch John 8:58 nor John 1:1. Got it!
LOL. Did you watch the video?

You are inventing a standard designed to fail the vid. Not every analysis needs to include your pet verses. They are simply outside the scope of his topic - even though you vehemently disagree.

LOL. Did you watch the video?

You are inventing a standard designed to fail the vid. Not every analysis needs to include your pet verses. They are simply outside the scope of his topic - even though you vehemently disagree.
John 1:1 is outside of scope of the Word (Jesus) is God!?!? Arians will do anything to escape John 1 as a sacrifice to their Arian god.

John 1:1 is outside of scope of the Word (Jesus) is God!?!? Arians will do anything to escape John 1 as a sacrifice to their Arian god.
LOL. The vid is each time Jesus was called God, he denied it.

John 1:1 is narrative text. It is not documenting an exchange our lord had with someone who called him God.

And your claim that John 1:1 means Jesus was God is rejected - and we've delved into it many times. You just cannot accept 'the word was god' does not mean 'Jesus was god'.

LOL. The vid is each time Jesus was called God, he denied it.

John 1:1 is narrative text. It is not documenting an exchange our lord had with someone who called him God.

And your claim that John 1:1 means Jesus was God is rejected - and we've delved into it many times. You just cannot accept 'the word was god' does not mean 'Jesus was god'.
If the video cannot deal with John 8:58 or John 1 then it's no better than trash. It's those verses and chapter where all the marbles are. Any amateur can misread his own collection of verses but it takes more than that to deal with John 1. All your attempts to denigrade John 1 have crashed and burned.

Until an Arian proves courageous enough to deal with John 1, I bid you A Dieu, the Trinitarian Dieu, not the false Arian Dieu.

If the video cannot deal with John 8:58 or John 1 then it's no better than trash.
The author has other videos on these verses. They just do not meet his criteria of Jesus rejecting people saying he was God.

Sad to see how indoctrinated you are. John 8:58 and John 1:1 has to be seen in light of Isaiah 45:5. You just want to pretend explicit text on who God is does not exist - even though his name, is in the Bible over 7,000 times (and it aint Jesus).

Back
Top Bottom