How many self’s is God himself?

In California Self-Impersonation Is a felony. The bad news is Self-Impersonation is suicide. You can’t be a person you’re not. When you fight yourself to discover the real you, there is only one winner.

Also, I differ with the majority of Trinitarians in believing Christ has only one will instead of two (one per nature) for the same reason.
Then you have a Divine will of the Son asking something contrary to the Divine will of the Father ( the same one indivisible will of God ). Not my will ( one Divine will shared with the Father ). 2 wills as in Chalcedon is the solution with having both a human and divine will. One Divine Person having 2 wills/natures.

With God there is not a 1 to 1 relationship with Person and nature. One Divine nature and 3 Persons.

Christ has 2 natures and is One Person.

all men have 1 human nature and are 1 person.

You must not conflate God with man. :)

Then you have a Divine will of the Son asking something contrary to the Divine will of the Father

So?

Do you want to bear the wrath of God for the sins of the world?

Did you sweat drops of blood in the garden for sorry *** sinners that constantly let you down and offend you?

Then stop being critical that Christ asked if there was another way.

( the same one indivisible will of God ). Not my will ( one Divine will shared with the Father ). 2 wills as in Chalcedon is the solution with having both a human and divine will. One Divine Person having 2 wills/natures. With God there is not a 1 to 1 relationship with Person and nature.

Philoso-mumbo-jumbo.

Not Scripture.

Christ has 2 natures and is One Person.

Yes!!!!

all men have 1 human nature and are 1 person.

YES!!!!!

You must not conflate God with man. :)

God became man. :)

So?

Do you want to bear the wrath of God for the sins of the world?

Did you sweat drops of blood in the garden for sorry *** sinners that constantly let you down and offend you?

Then stop being critical that Christ asked if there was another way.

Philoso-mumbo-jumbo.

Not Scripture.

Yes!!!!

YES!!!!!

God became man. :)
Then God is not One in nature, essence, being, substance all sharing the same divine nature/attributes in Tri-Unity.

To all,
another vid. ..... Oh my God. when are people going to read their bible "WITH" the Holy Spirit? ..... "HOW AM I MYSELF?". let the bible answer this.
Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." STOP AND THINK PEOPLE JUST FOR A SECOND. the "LORD" said he is the "FIRST". ok ,Good, but he said that he is "WITH" the LAST. so is the LORD, (WHO IS THE FIRST), a separate and distinct Person from the "LAST". but notice he God said, at the end of the verse, "I, I, I, I, (a single person), AM HE" so is the LORD the "I AM" is the First ..... "AND" ..... LAST. or is the LORD just the First and someone else is the LAST? let's continue.
Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." notice the "LORD", the First is the, a. the King of Israel. and b. his OWN redeemer of Israel. and then he said, "beside ME, ME, ME, (a single Person), there is no God. so the LORD, all cap is A. the King of Israel, and the same LORD is, B. Israel REDEMMER. but he said, (the LORD), I am the first, and I am the last. stop the press, did not the LORD in Isaiah 41:4 above said he was "WITH" the Last? and here, he's the First "AND" the Last? let's continue,
Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." there is out answer. the LORD is the First and he is "ALSO" the Last. the same "ONE" person. not two separate and distinct persons. no only one person EQUALLY SHARED. this is the definitive answer to God as FIRST and LAST, who is a SINGLE PERSON. because the term "ALSO" means, "in addition; too", so now how is God in ADDITION to his OWN-SELF. the bible is going to answer this topic subject, "How many self’s is God himself?". let the bible answer this question.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." we need to go no further. there is our answer here in the beginning.
the TERM "GOD". it is the Hebrew word,
H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433
Compare: H5945, H7706, H8199, H4397

the key here is that, H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'), is the [plural of H433]

NOTICE: Plural "OF", and not plural "From" H433. this is very important in understanding this Plurality. for if H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'), is the "Plural .... "FROM" .... H433, then the Plurality of God would be in separate and distinct persons as the trinitarians believe. but the definition states, the Plurality of the Godhead is "OF" H433. for "OF" indicate the same ONE PERSON. because, "FROM" indicate separation from H433, meaning two or More.

this little preposition "OF" separates the TRUTH of God from LIES of men....... now let's see who is H433? by the way 101G is using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments for his definitions.

H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah) n-m.
אֱלֹהַּ 'eloahh (el-o'-ah) [shortened (rarely)]
1. one with supreme strength and ability.
2. the Supreme Being, God the Creator, Yahweh by name.

3. a supreme entity, a god-like creature (that is, one of God's supreme creations, or one of man's inventions).
[probably prolonged (emphat.) from H410]
KJV: God, god.
Root(s): H410

THERE WE HAVE IT, as the title of this OP states, "How many self’s is God himself?", only ONE IN THE ECHAD of First and LAST
Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." PLAIN AS DAY, the ECHAD of God is clearly by the term "of". this is why he is "WITH" himself in the ECHAD, as his "OWN", "OWN", "OWN", ARM. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

his "OWN" ... ARM? yes, Isauah 53, the Christ is God "HIMSELF" Shared in Flesh, because his own ARM is "OF", "OF", "OF" him.... Self. (smile). Oh my this is just too easy not to understand.

101G.

A nun (Sr. Mary Joseph Calore, SSCJ) posted the following analogy on X this afternoon.

”... when GOD wanted to create man He turned to himself. …”

When I hear the word “himself,” I think of a single self.

God, which surely the nun believes is the Trinity, turned to himself.

When scripture speaks about Jesus himself, scripture is speaking about only one person, not three persons. Jesus is a single self.

When scripture speaks about God himself, how many self’s is scripture speaking about?

Speaking as a Jewish monotheist, my God (which isn’t the Trinity) is a single self, and that single self isn’t Jesus.

So, I’d like to ask trinitarians: How many self’s is the Trinity?
Consider this fact, Jesus had to leave so that the Spirit could come.

That's the limitations of your human philosophy talking.

Now try the Bible:

"The Word became flesh."
Yes God became man. It’s called the Incarnation and no change in God. Did God change when wrestling with Jacob or walking in the garden with Adam ? Or when the 4th one appeared in the furnace ? God miraculous by nature. You place God is a tiny human box.

You place God is a tiny human box.

I place God in a tiny box by believing he can do things in his Word above what I can think?

Without saying "No God, you can't do that, because my human philosophy says it's impossible"?

Sounds pretty box-less to me.

Glorified flesh? What scripture is that?
Glorified flesh, or a Glorified body, is known as a Spiritual Body. yes, this flesh/Body that is to come for us also, came not out of your mother womb. no, this body is of God. let's see it. the Lord Jesus body, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." what Glory was that? "Spirit". in the Resurrection he has the body that goes with his "Spirit", to be seen, yes Seen. because as Spirit he was not see, until the incarnation. now as Spirit he has a body that dies no more incorruptible. supportive scripture, THIS IS AFTER THE RESURRECTION. Luke 24:36 "And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you." Luke 24:37 "But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit." Luke 24:38 "And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?" Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

let's see this body post resurrection. scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?" 1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:" 1 Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:" 1 Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body." NOW let's see what .... "TYPE of BODY that God gives?" let's keep on reading,

1 Corinthians 15:39 "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds." 1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." 1 Corinthians 15:41 "There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory." 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:" 1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:" 1 Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual." 1 Corinthians 15:47 "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." 1 Corinthians 15:48 "As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly." 1 Corinthians 15:49 "And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly." 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." 1 Corinthians 15:55 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 1 Corinthians 15:56 "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

101G.

Glorified flesh, or a Glorified body, is known as a Spiritual Body. yes, this flesh/Body that is to come for us also, came not out of your mother womb. no, this body is of God. let's see it. the Lord Jesus body, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." what Glory was that? "Spirit". in the Resurrection he has the body that goes with his "Spirit", to be seen, yes Seen. because as Spirit he was not see, until the incarnation. now as Spirit he has a body that dies no more incorruptible. supportive scripture, THIS IS AFTER THE RESURRECTION. Luke 24:36 "And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you." Luke 24:37 "But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit." Luke 24:38 "And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?" Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

let's see this body post resurrection. scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?" 1 Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:" 1 Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:" 1 Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body." NOW let's see what .... "TYPE of BODY that God gives?" let's keep on reading,

1 Corinthians 15:39 "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds." 1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." 1 Corinthians 15:41 "There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory." 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:" 1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:" 1 Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual." 1 Corinthians 15:47 "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." 1 Corinthians 15:48 "As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly." 1 Corinthians 15:49 "And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly." 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," 1 Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory." 1 Corinthians 15:55 "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" 1 Corinthians 15:56 "The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

101G.
You assume that a spiritual body has glorified flesh, none of your verses made that particular point.
I don't think "glorified flesh" is in the Bible in black and white. Probably because flesh is not glorified, it is discarded.
By using the word "glorified" it indicates something happened to the flesh. that it previously had a non glorified state that was transformed.

You assume that a spiritual body has glorified flesh, none of your verses made that particular point.
I don't think "glorified flesh" is in the Bible in black and white. Probably because flesh is not glorified, it is discarded.
By using the word "glorified" it indicates something happened to the flesh. that it previously had a non glorified state that was transformed.
By using the word "glorified" it indicates something happened to the flesh. yes, it's called resurrection, 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:" 1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:"

now think, if it's raised in "GLORY" is then not that body ...... "GLORIFIED?". ........ hello?

no assumptions, just scripture.

101G.

By using the word "glorified" it indicates something happened to the flesh. yes, it's called resurrection, 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:" 1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:"

now think, if it's raised in "GLORY" is then not that body ...... "GLORIFIED?". ........ hello?

no assumptions, just scripture.

101G.
we shall be changed. ! Cor 15:52. the Greek behind this means exchanged
also the Bible teaches in 2 Cor 5:1 that our current body (SKENOS) is like a temporary tent (OIKIA) that will be taken down and we have a building (OIKODOME) a house(OIKIA) from God.
This verse refers to the diference between the two bodies like the difference bewteen the tent (tabernacle) in the wildrness and the Temple in Jerusalem. One was temporary, the other permanent.

Back
Top Bottom