How many self’s is God himself?

There is a sense of corporate singular pronouns, and this is an extremely common not located in just one language.

Just posted in the CNN news is this line:

"But today we see that Russia itself is in need of weapons."

Now, is Russia really just one self?
Russia is not a pronoun.

It looks to me like the Father has the penthouse suite in that model.

Remember love is other-oriented.

Christ was said that he could use his form of God to his own advantage if he wanted.

This love is an attribute of God.

Would it be harder to see your wife suffer and die, or you to suffer and die for her?

It's okay if your answer turns out selfish, lol, but perhaps can give more a glimpse of God.

That’s some intellectual gymnastics there. As I wrote, why the trinity is wrong: definition.

It's really not.

Jacob and Israel are used as singular pronouns in Scripture to refer to the whole nation.

According to you that's "mental gymnastics."

According to me it's basic grammar.

Remember love is other-oriented.

Christ was said that he could use his form of God to his own advantage if he wanted.

This love is an attribute of God.

Would it be harder to see your wife suffer and die, or you to suffer and die for her?

It's okay if your answer turns out selfish, lol, but perhaps can give more a glimpse of God.

It would be harder for me to watch my wife suffer and die. I would surrender my life in order to preserve hers, if it were possible.

The Messiah’s God isn’t.
The Messiah’s God isn’t.
God is One and God is Three. :)
God is Divine and God is human :)
God is Spirit and God is flesh :)
God is Immortal and God is mortal :)
So your God is both the creator and one of its creations then? Are you sure you don't mean God was in/indwelt in one of his creations for a purpose? Scripture would agree with that reality, for sure.

It would be harder for me to watch my wife suffer and die. I would surrender my life in order to preserve hers, if it were possible.

Some ancient theologians speculated the Trinity might have each wanted to be the one to sacrifice for humanity.

It's an interesting thought.

Some ancient theologians speculated the Trinity might have each wanted to be the one to sacrifice for humanity.

It's an interesting thought.

I heard a trinitarian pastor (I think he was a Methodist, but might not have been) say (he was joking, to capture the attention of a drowsy congregation) that ”They would have drawn straws for it but the decision was made amongst ‘em before the creation of straws, so they had to figger out another way of deciding who it was gonna be.” (The best I can do from memory, now.) He quickly added that he didn‘t know who said what to who but it really doesn’t matter anyway; we know who did. He also said that we would probably be able to ask them about it sometime, because eternity is a lot of time to fill and conversation is bound to dry up from time to time.

P.S.

Appalachian preachers are something else.

I never did see a snake handling service in person, but I‘ve always wanted to. There are still churches in eastern Kentucky that hold them. One of these days I’m going to jump in my car some Sunday morning, drive east a couple of hours, and grab a seat near the back of the sanctuary.

Last edited:
The Messiah’s own God is the Father, not the Trinity.

If you happen upon a Jesus who says his God is the Trinity then you’ve happened upon a Jesus who isn’t Jesus of Nazareth.

How many selves is the Messiah’s God? How many selves is the Father?

One.

Back
Top Bottom