Gods Innate Attributes

Sure they do this with a great many things. I believe though time dilation is demonstrable and has been proven such. Atomic clocks do run at different speeds depending on the vantage point of the observer.

It is based upon a false premise. They measure the vibration of caesium atoms. There is an expectation of Newton's claims of relativity. It is nothing more than claims.

We can get into more details of you like but judging time by the consistency of the vibration of caesium atoms does not establish that we actually measuring time itself. It is nothing more "pacing" a consistent action with many assumptions.

If the moon was near a black hole and you were on a ship being there your atomic clocks would run slower. Of course this could only be accepted if one goes with gravitational forces effects space time. My point about the other poster is I think TIME can be called a thing, plus my interest in this would be how these principles would connect to another thing in physics which would

Got it.

I do believe your comments are relative :) ..... to comments above. Who knows what affects the "vibration" of caesium atoms. I don't. I don't think anyone fully knows.

demonstrate how God can observe something and not to have and need it be said he ordained anything of choices people make.

I've mentioned my predictability model. We are not complicated creatures but we can be unpredictable.

I don't believe he does.

I agree.

Let me just say I don't believe Time dilation and more that could be said about it really isn't an insignificant thing. There is a reason and a purpose the physical universe was created and structured this way and I have a concept picture in my mind about it. Bottom line is everything is not ordained but it's probably best just to use the scripture to demonstrate this.

Agreed. Jesus said "I AM". Which sets the tone for the Immutability of God. Creation changes. It both evolves and devolves. I love trying to understand the natural order of God's creation. I believe it mirrors God to a great degree. Which is why I don't get into some of the arguments around here relative to anthropomorphism. There are qualities of Divinity reflected in His creation. That is why God said "it is good" when he finished His creation. It is not perfect but it is relative... :)

I see no need to accept that either. I hear ones counter that though with even if there was one who pulled the trigger?
(y)

I admit that I love to talk about this topic. Which is why I "butt in" some times.... :)

Hate your brother without cause.

I'm not going to deal with your endless questioning of everything I say. I will try to be pithy.

Tell me for what cause are you allowed to hate your brother?

Jesus was clear

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Are you capable of forgiving as demanded by Jesus? If so, then you have no cause to hate your brother. ZERO.

If God is allowed to be unjust, then there was no need for Christ to die at all. He could have just "loved" us into heaven.

What childishness.

God is not dumb enough to force the unwilling to love Him. Relationships are all about willingness. There is no meaningful relationship with God apart from the free self will of human

God has no pleasure in such nonsense as you describe. You're loving like you are the only one that matters. God isn't like you.

So is everyone else. One does come to Christ to be saved, right?

I mean, do you think through the things you say at all?

I do. We are debating the subject. Which requires rudimentary and complex thought. I've spent a very large portion of my life in theology. It doesn't matter to me if you recognize this or not but I'm not a novice. I always consider what I say.

Your view of love is about as deep as a glass of water.

Don't you think that God knows that you only came to him because you didn't want to go to hell? That is compliance. That is not "walking together in agreement". Walking together in agreement is a meaningful working relationship. This takes daily effort to learn of God and become more like Him. Conformity. All you have are thoughts of "compliance". That isn't meaningful love. Satan loves this way.

I reject the notion of an unjust God. No grace would even be possible, never mind desirable, from and unrighteous god.

I haven't presented an "unjust God". That is your false claim concerning my words. I have rightfully said that justice would not allow a sinner to live to find Grace.

Your view of Grace isn't grace at all. It presents a meritorious effort whereby you require the death of Jesus Christ for you.

Don't you believe that God HAD TO DIE FOR YOU?

I don't believe God has every owed me anything. Not even love. It is by God's Grace and self satisfying character that we are extended the love of God.

Last edited:
1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

You said.....

"It was a price God considered well worth paying."

Do you see the words "worth paying". "Worth is value". Paying is value.

The verse you're referencing does not establish your claim that Jesus Christ felt we were worth "paying the price" for.....

Last edited:
True love forgives regardless of the offense because it transcends mistreatment. Hatred has no hope but to stir up dissension and make people defensive. The good news is, love looks at being wronged as an opportunity to replace insult with encouragement. Love seeks to lead all parties into a better place of health and happiness.
Very good words! :)

I'm not going to deal with your endless questioning of everything I say. I will try to be pithy.

Tell me for what cause are you allowed to hate your brother?
Gross, unrepentant unrighteousness.

Jesus was clear

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Are you capable of forgiving as demanded by Jesus? If so, then you have no cause to hate your brother. ZERO.
If they repent, I'm happy to forgive but where there is no repentance there is no forgiveness.

What childishness.
Really? Then it should be easy for you to refute it.

By what standard would Christ need to die if God is unjust?

Go ahead, teach us all since you're so wise!

God is not dumb enough to force the unwilling to love Him.
God, no matter how wise, COULD NOT force anyone to love Him, nor would He be dumb enough to try such an obviously self-contradictory thing!

Relationships are all about willingness. There is no meaningful relationship with God apart from the free self will of human
Precisely! Thank you conceding what you started this conversation chiding me over which was how the fact that God's love is predicated on the fact that He's an alive thinking person (actually three alive thinking persons)!

God has no pleasure in such nonsense as you describe. You're loving like you are the only one that matters. God isn't like you.
Saying it doesn't make it so!

If I'm so foolish, why sit there wasting everyone's time just saying it? Why don't you present an argument that refutes even a single solitary syllable of what I've said?

Last edited:
I do. We are debating the subject. Which requires rudimentary and complex thought. I've spent a very large portion of my life in theology. It doesn't matter to me if you recognize this or not but I'm not a novice. I always consider what I say.
I'd be better convinced by your presenting arguments rather than merely stating your position.

Your view of love is about as deep as a glass of water.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

PROVE IT! That's what we're all here for, isn't it?

Don't you think that God knows that you only came to him because you didn't want to go to hell? That is compliance. That is not "walking together in agreement".
I didn't say that I came to him ONLY because I don't want to go to Hell. That's certainly one good reason but it by no means the only reason nor is it even the most important reason. Do you think that not going to Hell is the only benefit that you derive from having a relationship with God?

Walking together in agreement is a meaningful working relationship. This takes daily effort to learn of God and become more like Him. Conformity. All you have are thoughts of "compliance". That isn't meaningful love. Satan loves this way.
This was frankly a stupid thing to say. Not only does it have exactly nothing to do with what I said but you couldn't establish that this fabrication of yours is the way Satan thinks if your life depended on it.

I haven't presented an "unjust God". That is your false claim concerning my words. I have rightfully said that justice would not allow a sinner to live to find Grace.
Contradict yourself much?

Your view of Grace isn't grace at all. It presents a meritorious effort whereby you require the death of Jesus Christ for you.
You aren't talking about anything I've said. The only work that has anything to do with my salvation is the work that was finished by Christ at Calvary.

Don't you believe that God HAD TO DIE FOR YOU?
Of course I do!

Who are you even talking too?

I don't believe God has ever owed me anything.
Nor have I suggested otherwise.

Not even love. It is by God's Grace and self satisfying character that we are extended the love of God.
You don't get to have your cake and eat it too! God is either just or He isn't. The wages (i.e. the consequence / punishment / whatever term you want to use that means the same thing) of sin is death. God died for you so that you don't have to suffer the consequence of your sin, at least not after this mortal life is over anyway. If you believe that's true and you believe that He was raised from the dead, you will be saved. If not, you get to pay your own sin debt.

It is in your own self-interest to pick wisely! God wants (i.e. He considers it to be in His best interests too) for you to choose life, for He is Life but He cannot simply pretend like sin hasn't happened and remain just and He is unwilling to become unjust for your sake. Therefore, He became a man and died to voluntarily pay the penalty that Justice (capital J) demands for sin so that you can be spared the fate of death.

Now, that's the gospel!

Believe in a god who arbitrarily deals with sin in opposition to justice if you want. It's a dangerous path!

So says you.

Are you a Christian?

If so, would the bible directly contradicting you matter to you?

If not, what would?

Psalms 139:19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Nice try that’s not God saying it that is the psalmists. Nothing but eisegesis and reading your doctrine into the passage .

Gross, unrepentant unrighteousness.

You don't even know your own sin. You are unrepentant right now. It is good thing that God is longsuffering of your sin.

If they repent, I'm happy to forgive but where there is no repentance there is no forgiveness..

Yep. You're "god" alright....

Except you have no patience. No longsuffering. No mercy for the unforgiving. Just how does Justice allow for longsuffering and mercy?

Not that you'll answer. Just like everyone else, you ignore the obvious. Justice demands swift recompense. Recompense doesn't belong to you. It belongs to God.

I'd be better convinced by your presenting arguments rather than merely stating your position.

You have proven otherwise just in this thread.

Physician, heal thyself.

I have.

I didn't say that I came to him ONLY because I don't want to go to Hell. That's certainly one good reason but it by no means the only reason nor is it even the most important reason. Do you think that not going to Hell is the only benefit that you derive from having a relationship with God?

It is the only appeal you've made. I can only go by what you felt important to mention. I certainly didn't want to be judged... However,

While you're searching the Scriptures. Find one verse (more than syllables) that says that faith is about requiring belief in hell? Not that I don't believe in hell. I do. Faith is much more than believing in damnation. Faith believes in who God is even when you don't know who God is.

This was frankly a stupid thing to say. Not only does it have exactly nothing to do with what I said but you couldn't establish that this fabrication of yours is the way Satan thinks if your life depended on it.

Satan loves those who comply with him.

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Nope. Justice doesn't have forbearance. Justice isn't about patience. You want sinners/evil men killed right now. That is what you expect. You don't realize just how sinful you really are. So go ahead and tell me again how you're forgiven.

Forgiveness requires acknowledgement of your own person sin.

You aren't talking about anything I've said. The only work that has anything to do with my salvation is the work that was finished by Christ at Calvary.

Contradict yourself much? You said that Christ had to die for you. That "backdoors" meriting the Grace of God for yourself. God didn't have to do anything for you. You keep contradicting yourself.

Of course I do!

You just did. You just said that Christ had to die for you. That puts the onus of the requirements of the Atonement upon YOU. You don't have to listen me..... get it? You don't have to listen to me......

You don't have to listen to me isn't the same as saying you have to listen to me...... Do you get it. You keep saying that Christ had to die for you. That is not true. He didn't have to die for anyone. It was not justice that YOU insert in the Atonement that establishes God demands. It was the benevolence of His Grace

I realize this is new to you. You should spend some time dealing with the complexity of the Atonement before you keep contradicting yourself.

Justice is not what I need. It is Grace and mercy. There is even mercy to be found within the law. Those laws are often ignored.

What mercy is there to be found in requiring the death of children that curse their father or mother? Haven't you cursed God yourself?

Everyone seeks justice for others but not for themselves.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too! God is either just or He isn't. The wages (i.e. the consequence / punishment / whatever term you want to use that means the same thing) of sin is death. God died for you so that you don't have to suffer the consequence of your sin, at least not after this mortal life is over anyway. If you believe that's true and you believe that He was raised from the dead, you will be saved. If not, you get to pay your own sin debt.

Nope. That is not how it works. The debt of sin is gone. Christ owns that debt whether it is recognized or not. What a person does according to faith is what settles a individuals eternity.

How much MORE punishment is due those who have trodden under foot the Lord Jesus Christ.... Here. Read it for yourself.

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Do you see "justice" at the end of that verse? What word is there?

It is Grace. You can claim it for yourself if you like while denying it to others... but that is a mistake. Keep making the Atonement all about Justice. We'll see where that gets you.

It is in your own self-interest to pick wisely! God wants (i.e. He considers it to be in His best interests too) for you to choose life, for He is Life but He cannot simply pretend like sin hasn't happened and remain just and He is unwilling to become unjust for your sake. Therefore, He became a man and died to voluntarily pay the penalty that Justice (capital J) demands for sin so that you can be spared the fate of death.

Now, that's the gospel!

Believe in a god who arbitrarily deals with sin in opposition to justice if you want. It's a dangerous path!

Yeah. God loves self interest. He just loves self interest. I mean it is the "cornerstone" of the gospel..... right?

All men seek their own. Not the things that be of Christ. I wonder why Paul said that.....

Php 2:21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

There is a reason that Paul said that he could wish himself accursed from Christ for his brethren......

He saw himself in them. Empathy.

@Logikos

Just FYI. Why fleeing wrath is not enough for salvation........ Why believing in the torment of sinners in hell is not enough.

The self serving Pharisees feared damnation. They believed in hell. They feared God. Fear is why they abandoned God at Sinai.

Luk 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Luk 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Those that fear are not made perfect in love. Perfect loves does what?

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Edit by Admin

2. No Flaming, Goading, Gaslighting or Harassment.

2a. All members should be treated with the utmost respect and courtesy at all times following the rules of civil discourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have proven otherwise just in this thread.

Physician, heal thyself.

I have.

It is the only appeal you've made. I can only go by what you felt important to mention. I certainly didn't want to be judged... However,

While you're searching the Scriptures. Find one verse (more than syllables) that says that faith is about requiring belief in hell? Not that I don't believe in hell. I do. Faith is much more than believing in damnation. Faith believes in who God is even when you don't know who God is.

Satan loves those who comply with him.

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Nope. Justice doesn't have forbearance. Justice isn't about patience. You want sinners/evil men killed right now. That is what you expect. You don't realize just how sinful you really are. So go ahead and tell me again how you're forgiven.

Forgiveness requires acknowledgement of your own person sin.

Contradict yourself much? You said that Christ had to die for you. That "backdoors" meriting the Grace of God for yourself. God didn't have to do anything for you. You keep contradicting yourself.

You just did. You just said that Christ had to die for you. That puts the onus of the requirements of the Atonement upon YOU. You don't have to listen me..... get it? You don't have to listen to me......

You don't have to listen to me isn't the same as saying you have to listen to me...... Do you get it. You keep saying that Christ had to die for you. That is not true. He didn't have to die for anyone. It was not justice that YOU insert in the Atonement that establishes God demands. It was the benevolence of His Grace

I realize this is new to you. You should spend some time dealing with the complexity of the Atonement before you keep contradicting yourself.

Justice is not what I need. It is Grace and mercy. There is even mercy to be found within the law. Those laws are often ignored.

What mercy is there to be found in requiring the death of children that curse their father or mother? Haven't you cursed God yourself?

Everyone seeks justice for others but not for themselves.

Nope. That is not how it works. The debt of sin is gone. Christ owns that debt whether it is recognized or not. What a person does according to faith is what settles a individuals eternity.

How much MORE punishment is due those who have trodden under foot the Lord Jesus Christ.... Here. Read it for yourself.

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Do you see "justice" at the end of that verse? What word is there?

It is Grace. You can claim it for yourself if you like while denying it to others... but that is a mistake. Keep making the Atonement all about Justice. We'll see where that gets you.

Yeah. God loves self interest. He just loves self interest. I mean it is the "cornerstone" of the gospel..... right?

All men seek their own. Not the things that be of Christ. I wonder why Paul said that.....

Php 2:21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

There is a reason that Paul said that he could wish himself accursed from Christ for his brethren......

He saw himself in them. Empathy.
We see Gods nature/ character under attack with some of the doctrines some hold. It’s a chariciture and we see the C’s do it all the time.

Of course I do!

Now, that's the gospel!

That is the gospel ?

Oh please show us this from the Bible .

Guess what ? It’s nowhere to be found as the meaning of the gospel by Jesus or the Apostles.

It’s the argument from silence fallacy.

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom