Glory to the Son

They have to ignore so much of what He actually says about Himself and His Father in order to preserve and promote ancient religious traditions of men. In the same way the religious sect of the Pharisees and Sadducees had to ignore so much of what was written in order to preserve and promote their manmade religious traditions.

And when pressed about the actual Scriptures, they refuse to acknowledge or discuss them. Just as the Pharisees did.

Surely there is no new thing under the sun.
Oh wow. you are claiming that your opponents are Pharisees. That makes for a good argument. What is your next great convincing argument?

Oh wow. you are claiming that your opponents are Pharisees. That makes for a good argument. What is your next great convincing argument?
I don’t think he did that. Pharisees did have a mindset, of being higher than Yahavah, and that they were much better than other people. They worshiped the Law more than Yahavah himself. They would walk right by a man laying in the street who was dying, like the parable Yeshua had once spoken about.

I don’t believe anyone on this forum is my opponent by having a differing view point, I do highly disregard the trinity, and believe that anyone who says you must adhere to it, and their understanding are far abased from how to go about things in essence of the Holy Spirit within them.

They have to ignore so much of what He actually says about Himself and His Father in order to preserve and promote ancient religious traditions of men. In the same way the religious sect of the Pharisees and Sadducees had to ignore so much of what was written in order to preserve and promote their manmade religious traditions.

And when pressed about the actual Scriptures, they refuse to acknowledge or discuss them. Just as the Pharisees did.

Surely there is no new thing under the sun.
Projecting as you rejecting Christ in the exact same way as the Pharisees that Jesus confronted about His identity as God.

I don’t think he did that. Pharisees did have a mindset, of being higher than Yahavah, and that they were much better than other people. They worshiped the Law more than Yahavah himself. They would walk right by a man laying in the street who was dying, like the parable Yeshua had once spoken about.

I don’t believe anyone on this forum is my opponent by having a differing view point, I do highly disregard the trinity, and believe that anyone who says you must adhere to it, and their understanding are far abased from how to go about things in essence of the Holy Spirit within them.
Then you highly disregard God and reject the Son. He said and did the things only God can say and do. You reject Him in the sane way the Pharisees did

@MatthewG @Studyman

Jesus asks you this question: who do you say that I Am ?

Jesus asked that question ( who do people say that I Am ? ) and lets here the testimony of Jesus, the Apostles and scripture.

Jesus said He was the I Am who existed before Abraham was born. He says He is the Savior, Lord, Christ, The Alpha and Omega the First and the Last. The names and titles of YHWH for sure

John calls Him God, YHWH and true God in his writings

Peter call Him God and Savior in his writings

Jude calls Him the only Sovereign/Lord to the exclusion of all others.

Paul calls Him God, Lord, Lord over all, YHWH in his writings

Thomas called Him God.

Now the question remains today? Can you confess like those above that Jesus is YHWH(God) ?

If not then you deny the Son. Remember Jesus also said those who deny the Son the Father will also deny !

Lets see what the Apostles who were inspired by God to record in Scripture

Matthew
Matthew said He was Immanuel, God with us- Matthew 1:23

John
John said the Word was God and the Word became flesh John 1:1,14
John said Jesus is the True God and Eternal Life- 1 John 5:20
John said Jesus is the I AM ( YHWH) the Alpha and Omega, The First and the Last- Revelation 22:12-13
John said Jesus is the Lord God Almighty, the Alpha and Omega- Revelation 1:8

Thomas
Thomas said Jesus was His Lord and His God- John 20:28

Peter
Peter said Jesus is our God and Savior- 2 Peter 1:1

James
James said Jesus is the Lord that elders call upon to heal the sick- James 5:14
James said the Prophets spoke in His name YHWH- James 5:10

Jude
Jude said He is YHWH, the Only Sovereign and Lord- Jude 1:4
Jude said Jesus is the Lord( YHWH) who delivered his people out of Egypt- Jude 1:8

Paul
Paul says Jesus is our God and Savior- Titus 2:13
Paul says Jesus is YHWH( Lord)- Romans 10:13 and Joel 2:32
Paul says all the fulness of Deity ( God ) dwells in Him Bodily- Colossians 1:19, 2:9

Author of Hebrews
He said Jesus is the Creator who is YHWH that made everything and called Him God- Hebrews 1:8-10

Jesus
Jesus said He is the I Am ( YHWH)- John 8:58
Jesus said he who has seen Me has seen the Father- John 14:9
Jesus said He was EQUAL with the Father- John 5:17-18

So my question is since all these who were inspired to write these TRUTHS down concerning the Person of Christ, why do people not share this with others ?

Why do people in the church not share this with others when they witness ?

Why are people afraid to tell others who the REAL JESUS is ? God Incarnate

No one can say Jesus is LORD (YHWH) except by the Spirit !

hope this helps !!

Then you highly disregard God and reject the Son. He said and did the things only God can say and do. You reject Him in the sane way the Pharisees did
That’s not true. The Pharisees worshiped the text and Law more than Yahavah…

@MatthewG @Studyman

Jesus asks you this question: who do you say that I Am ?

Jesus asked that question ( who do people say that I Am ? ) and lets here the testimony of Jesus, the Apostles and scripture.

Jesus said He was the I Am who existed before Abraham was born. He says He is the Savior, Lord, Christ, The Alpha and Omega the First and the Last. The names and titles of YHWH for sure

John calls Him God, YHWH and true God in his writings

Peter call Him God and Savior in his writings

Jude calls Him the only Sovereign/Lord to the exclusion of all others.

Paul calls Him God, Lord, Lord over all, YHWH in his writings

Thomas called Him God.

Now the question remains today? Can you confess like those above that Jesus is YHWH(God) ?

If not then you deny the Son. Remember Jesus also said those who deny the Son the Father will also deny !

Lets see what the Apostles who were inspired by God to record in Scripture

Matthew
Matthew said He was Immanuel, God with us- Matthew 1:23

John
John said the Word was God and the Word became flesh John 1:1,14
John said Jesus is the True God and Eternal Life- 1 John 5:20
John said Jesus is the I AM ( YHWH) the Alpha and Omega, The First and the Last- Revelation 22:12-13
John said Jesus is the Lord God Almighty, the Alpha and Omega- Revelation 1:8

Thomas
Thomas said Jesus was His Lord and His God- John 20:28

Peter
Peter said Jesus is our God and Savior- 2 Peter 1:1

James
James said Jesus is the Lord that elders call upon to heal the sick- James 5:14
James said the Prophets spoke in His name YHWH- James 5:10

Jude
Jude said He is YHWH, the Only Sovereign and Lord- Jude 1:4
Jude said Jesus is the Lord( YHWH) who delivered his people out of Egypt- Jude 1:8

Paul
Paul says Jesus is our God and Savior- Titus 2:13
Paul says Jesus is YHWH( Lord)- Romans 10:13 and Joel 2:32
Paul says all the fulness of Deity ( God ) dwells in Him Bodily- Colossians 1:19, 2:9

Author of Hebrews
He said Jesus is the Creator who is YHWH that made everything and called Him God- Hebrews 1:8-10

Jesus
Jesus said He is the I Am ( YHWH)- John 8:58
Jesus said he who has seen Me has seen the Father- John 14:9
Jesus said He was EQUAL with the Father- John 5:17-18

So my question is since all these who were inspired to write these TRUTHS down concerning the Person of Christ, why do people not share this with others ?

Why do people in the church not share this with others when they witness ?

Why are people afraid to tell others who the REAL JESUS is ? God Incarnate

No one can say Jesus is LORD (YHWH) except by the Spirit !

hope this helps !!

I have no issue with Yeshua being Emmanuel. God with us… you just continue to insert trinity theology into it… that’s the problem. I haven’t rejected Yahavah or his Word, other than when I’m not abiding in the Lord Yeshua… and feeding my flesh rather than building up spiritual treasures in heaven. Here and there both have their rewards.

conclusion:When Jesus came to earth He laid aside or emptied Himself of something. There are many misconceptions at to what He set aside. It was not His Deity. Jesus could not empty Himself of His Deity - He could not stop being God. He was always God the Son. He could not exchange His Deity for His humanity. Neither did He set aside only some of His divine attributes and keep others. In addition, Jesus always knew He was God and possessed these divine attributes - He was not ignorant of who He was or what He could do. Moreover Jesus allowed the people to know that He had such powers. Neither did Jesus set aside the use of His relative attributes such as being all-powerful, all-knowing, and everywhere present. Those powers were always present with Him.When Jesus became a human being He divested Himself of certain rights as God the Son. This can be seen in three ways. First He restricted Himself to a human body with all its limitations. He gave up His position when He became a human being. Second He veiled or hid His glory from the people. Finally, He exercised His relative attributes only by the will of God the Father - never on His own initiative.

”For us there is only one God, and he is our Father. All things came from him, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ. All things were made through him, and we also have life through him.“
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8‬:‭6‬ ‭ERV
If you believe Christ is the One Lord in 1 Cor 8:6 and in Eph 4:5, Jude 1:4 and Rom 10:9-14. Then the Father cannot be the Lord anywhere in scripture since you use the same reasoning to deny He is God by quoting the same verse in 1 Cor 8:6 to deny Jesus is God.

This reasoning shows your error and bias when you read the Bible.

hope this helps !!!

If you believe Christ is the One Lord in 1 Cor 8:6 and in Eph 4:5, Jude 1:4 and Rom 10:9-14. Then the Father cannot be the Lord anywhere in scripture since you use the same reasoning to deny He is God by quoting the same verse in 1 Cor 8:6 to deny Jesus is God.

This reasoning shows your error and bias when you read the Bible.

hope this helps !!!
@civic
I’ve never denied Yeshua being the Word of God, let alone Emmanuel (God with us.) Man, you have some nerve to judge me in such a manner for having a different perspective than yourself… You have a weird perspective from my side because basically Yahavah the one whom sent his Word. Died on the cross… God doesn’t die. You constantly tell me, I should be worshipping Yeshua, when he said people where to worship His Father in spirit and in truth…

That’s all I been trying to share with you, is what I know to be the truth concerning the facts of Yahavah and the one whom he had sent…

Jesus is not Yahavah. Jesus was the Word of God who was with him (Yahavah) in the beginning as the very spoken “Word,” when Yahavah said let there be light, the Word created it, and Yahavah, whom is the LORD GOD, separated the light from the darkness…

You can continue to be labor your issue all you would like but however you’re not in control over people’s faith, and decide who rejects God or his Son… when I believe faithfully in them both…

@civic
I’ve never denied Yeshua being the Word of God, let alone Emmanuel (God with us.) Man, you have some nerve to judge me in such a manner for having a different perspective than yourself… You have a weird perspective from my side because basically Yahavah the one whom sent his Word. Died on the cross… God doesn’t die. You constantly tell me, I should be worshipping Yeshua, when he said people where to worship His Father in spirit and in truth…

That’s all I been trying to share with you, is what I know to be the truth concerning the facts of Yahavah and the one whom he had sent…

Jesus is not Yahavah. Jesus was the Word of God who was with him (Yahavah) in the beginning as the very spoken “Word,” when Yahavah said let there be light, the Word created it, and Yahavah, whom is the LORD GOD, separated the light from the darkness…

You can continue to be labor your issue all you would like but however you’re not in control over people’s faith, and decide who rejects God or his Son… when I believe faithfully in them both…
The Word was God ( John 1:1) who created everything ( John 1:2-3, Col 1:16-18, Heb 1:8-10, 1 Cor 8:6).

Only God created the world and existed before creation ( Genesis 1)

hope this helps !!!

The Word was God ( John 1:1) who created everything ( John 1:2-3, Col 1:16-18, Heb 1:8-10, 1 Cor 8:6).

Only God created the world and existed before creation ( Genesis 1)

hope this helps !!!

It doesn’t. Especially when you’re someone who tries to undermine, by use of some sort of “scriptural authorities,” I agree with John 1:1 just not in the way you betray it… you don’t ever really help me in my understanding; you continuously revert back around to saying, “Im someone who rejects God and his Son,” I can let that go by the spirit of Christ within me; but it’s very telling in how you consider yourself a judge of other people in their faith towards Yahavah and towards the one whom he raised up again…

It doesn’t. Especially when you’re someone who tries to undermine, by use of some sort of “scriptural authorities,” I agree with John 1:1 just not in the way you betray it… you don’t ever really help me in my understanding; you continuously revert back around to saying, “Im someone who rejects God and his Son,” I can let that go by the spirit of Christ within me; but it’s very telling in how you consider yourself a judge of other people in their faith towards Yahavah and towards the one whom he raised up again…
The One “ raised “ up is called God many times in the Bible . Is the Bible lying when it says He is God ?

The Sons pre existence in John’s gospel. There are dozens of other scriptures in other places verifying the Eternal existence of the Son.

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory

These verses in John’s prologue reveal the pre existence of the Eternal Word/Son who was God and became flesh. He was the Creator of all things. Nothing came into existence apart from Him. He is before everything that has a beginning.

John 1:15
John bore witness of Him, and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"

John 1:30
"This is He on behalf of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'

John the Baptist was 6 months older than Jesus Christ. So it is impossible for Christ to be before him unless Jesus pre existed.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven — the Son of Man.

Again we see the pre existence of the Son and where He declares that He came from heaven to earth.

John 3:17
"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him.

This verse shows the Son was sent from heaven by the Father to the earth.

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven, not to do myown will but the will of him who sent me.

Human beings come into existence when they are born into this world, but we surely do not come from Heaven.

John 8:23
"You are from beneath I Am from above, you are of this world I Am not of this world"

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am."

Here we see that Jesus lets the Pharisees know that He existed as a person before Abraham was born. Once again we see Jesus claiming to be the Eternal God.

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 17:1,5

“Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

And now, Father, glorify Me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

Here we see the Son declared that He shared the same Glory together with the Father prior to creation. This passage makes Him equal with the Father as the Eternal God. Below again we see His pre existence and in 17:25 Jesus again states the Father sent the Son into the world

John 17:24
"Father, I desire that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am, in order that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me; for Thou didst love Me before the foundation of the world.

Jude 1:25
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

And

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

These 2 verses say that he is before all things.

Revelation 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Here we see that Jesus is the offspring of David, yet he is also the root of David, which at appears to show existance before King David.

Luke 10:18
He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Compare Luke 10:18 with Revelation 12:1-10 and it appears that Satan and his angels fell to the earth before the birth of Christ as a man. Now we know that Jesus was the Word and was with God in the beginning and was God- John 1:1

Micah 5:2
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

Micah 5:2 talks about someone who will rule Israel and who's origin is from ancient times. Who but Jesus could fit that description?

And

Philippians 2:5-11
5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Surely the above verses assumes preexistence. Another look at verse 7: but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. This verse points out that Jesus humbled himself to become a (or like a) human and also a servant. So this suggests to us that he preexisted in a higher state because to humble oneself is to become lower. If he started life in this humbled state, then it would be incorrect to say that he humbled himself.

This verse is often used in support of the trinity doctrine because of the word 'equal'. But if you are equal to something it means that you are not that thing or person rather you are like that thing or person . This scripture is also very clear about the following: The Father is God and Jesus is Lord and that God exalted Jesus to the highest place.

A closer look at verse 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Now I am not sure if Jesus was exalted higher than he was before he came to this world or whether he was exalted to the exact position that he had before. But if we look at John 17:5 again we can see that Jesus asked to return to his former glory that the Son shared equally alongside the Father before creation

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
The biblical evidence for His Deity is overwhelming as I have already demonstrated in this thread but wait there is plenty more.

So Jesus was with God in the beginning. We also know from certain scriptures that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and it is assumed that Jesus gave the Law. We are also told in Acts:7:30-39 that an Angel of the Lord appeared to Moses through whom God spoke and this is the same Angel who spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai and passed on the living words (The Law) to Moses.

30 "After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.
31 When he saw this, he was amazed at the sight. As he went over to look more closely, he heard the Lord's voice:
32 'I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.'Moses trembled with fear and did not dare to look.
33 "Then the Lord said to him, 'Take off your sandals; the place where you are standing is holy ground.
34 I have indeed seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free. Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.'
35 "This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, 'Who made you ruler and judge?' He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush.
36 He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the desert.
37 "This is that Moses who told the Israelites, 'God will send you a prophet like me from your own people.'
38 He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.
39 "But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.

We are then told in 1 Corinthians 10:1-4
1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.
2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.
3 They all ate the same spiritual food
4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

So is the Angel of the Lord, Christ? Well I am not sure, but I know that Christ accompanied Moses and the Israelites. Perhaps the correct model to look at is the one mentioned in Revelation 1:1

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Here we can see that the order of the Revelation started with the Originator which is God. He then passed it to Jesus Christ who sent it to his Angel and then to John. So perhaps it is possible that the Angel mentioned is the same Angel mentioned in Acts:7:30-39. Either way it still suggests that Jesus Christ existed at the time of Moses.

Moving on we read the following in this passage.

Hebrews 1:1-2
1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Verse 2 is talking about the son and it says that God made the universe through him, (in the context of him being a son). The word universe in this scripture means Age.

aion {ahee-ohn'}
1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity
2) the worlds, universe
3) period of time, age

We even use the word 'aion' (eon or aeon) in English to refer to Age. So if we read the last part of this verse as AGE, we get the following: appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the age.

Hope this helps !!!

More biblical evidence !!!

Can we get an Amen ?

No man unless that man is also God could have these names, titles and descriptions in common with God.

1-God is our judge (Ps 50:6, Eccl 12:14) Jesus is our judge (2Tim 4:1, Rev 20:12)

2-God is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22) Jesus Christ (the Lamb)is the temple of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:22)

3-God is the first and the last (Is 44:6, 48:12) Jesus is the first and the last (Rev 22:13)

4-God is the beginning and the end (Rev 21:6) Jesus is the beginning and the end (Rev 22:13)

5-Only God can forgive sins (Lk 5:21) Jesus forgives sins (Lk 5:20)

6-God is our hope (Ps 71:5) Jesus is our hope (1Tim 1:11)

7-God is eternal(Deut 33:27) Jesus is eternal (Is 9:6, Heb 1:10-11)

8-God will come with the holy ones (Zech 14:5) Jesus will come with the holy ones (1Thess 3:13)

9-Only God is our savior (Is 43:11) Jesus is our savior (Tit 2:13, 2Pet 1:1)

10-God is the creator of the universe (Is 44:24, Jer 27:5) Jesus is (Jn 1:3)

11-To God, every knee will bow and every tongue confess (Is 45:22-23) To Jesus (Phil 2:10-11)

12-God is the same and His years will have no end (Ps 102:27) Jesus is the same and His years will have no end (Heb 1:12)

13-God is immutable (Mal 3:6) Jesus is immutable (Heb 13:8)

14-God is over all (Ps 97:9) Jesus is over all (Jn 3:31)

15-The spirit of God dwells in us (Rom 8:9) The spirit of Jesus dwells in us (Gal 4:6)

16-God is a stone of offence and a stumbling block (Is 8:14) Jesus is a stone of offence and a stumbling block (1Pet 2:8)

17-God is our shepherd (Ps 23:1) Jesus is our shepherd (Jn 10:11, 1Pet 5:4, Heb 13:20)

18-God is our Lord of Lords (Deut 10:17, Ps 136:3) Jesus is Lord of Lords (Rev 17:14)

19-God is our only rock (Is 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22) Jesus is our rock (1Cor 10:4)

20-No one can snatch us out of Gods hand (Deut 32:39) No one can snatch us out of Jesus hand (Jn 10:28)

21-God is the horn of salvation (2Sam 22:3) Jesus is the horn of salvation (Lk 1:68-69)

22-God renders according to our works (Ps 62:12) Jesus renders according to our works (Mt 16:27, Rev 22:12)

23-God loves and corrects (Prov 3:12) Jesus loves and corrects (Rev 3:19)

24-Gods words will stand forever (Is 40:8) Jesus words will stand forever (Mt 24:35)

25-God is the eternal light (Is 60:19) Jesus is the eternal light (Jn 8:12, Rev 21:3)

26-God seeks to save the lost (Ez 34:16) Jesus seeks to save the lost (Lk 19:10)

27-Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1) Paul is a slave of Christ (Rom 1:1)

28-God raised Jesus from the dead (Gal 1:1) Jesus raised himself from the dead (Jn 2:19-21)

29-God is our guide (Ps 48:14) Jesus is our guide (Lk 1:79)

30-God is our deliverer (Ps 70:5, 2Sam 22:2) Jesus is our deliverer (Rom 11:26)

31-God is called God (Is 44:8) Jesus is called God (Jn 20:28)

32-God is the king of Israel (Is 44:6) Jesus is the king of Israel (Mt 27:42, Jn 1:19)

33- God is the Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8) Jesus is the Alpha and Omega (Rev 22:13)

34- God is the king of Kings (1 Tim 5:15-16) Jesus is the King of Kings (Rev 17:14)

35- God is Lord over all ( Gal 4:6 ) and Jesus is Lord over all ( Rom 10:12 )

hope this helps !!!

One must believe in Christ to be saved. Jesus and the Apostles made that mandatory.

One doesn't have to believe in the Father to be saved and to receive Eternal Life.

Jesus is the source of Eternal Life

John 1:1-10
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life,and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

John 3:14-15
"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life,

John 4:14 -but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 5:39-40- You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 6:27 "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you,

John 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:51 " I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."

John 6:54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 6:68 Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.

John 10:28 - I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

1 John 2:25 This is the promise which He Himselfmade to us: eternal life.

1 John 5:13-14 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 5:20 -we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

hope this helps !!!

As the OP says : Glory, honor, power, praise and worship to the Son. See Rev 5 and 21-22 as all heaven worships Him. :) Just like the Apostles did while walking this earth.

Do you worship the Son ?

Do you know more than the Apostles?

If you don’t worship Him while walking this earth you won’t be in heaven worshipping Him either. You can take that to the bank.

hope this helps !!!

Remember your verse there is only One Lord. :) That means no one else can be Lord just like you say in the same verse that only the Father is God and not Jesus. And we know in other places Jesus is called the One Lord, Only Lord- Jude 1:4, Eph 4:5, Romans 10:9-13 just to name a few other places.

Jesus is called God ( LORD- YHWH ) in Acts

We can see that there is only One Savior who is Lord from both the Old and New Testaments. Now there are some who claims the book of Acts or the bible never refers to Jesus as God. We will see that the word Lord in many places is used in the book of Acts as an equivalent to God.

Isa 43:11
"I, even I, am the Lord,
And there is no savior besides Me.

Isa 45:21-23
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me
22"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23"I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Below we see in fact it is the name of Jesus alone by which men must be saved. There is no other name which can save a man.

Acts 4:12
"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Here we see Stephen pray to Jesus as he was being stoned which would be forbidden if He were not God. We also see that Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit when he was praying to Jesus.

Acts 7:59-60
They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Jesus is Lord(YHWH) of all with no exceptions

Acts 10:36
"The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)

Acts 14:3
Therefore they spent a long time there speaking boldly with reliance upon the Lord, who was testifying to the word of His grace, granting that signs and wonders be done by their hands.

We see below that it was the name of Jesus whom they proclaimed as Lord. It was Jesus who was preached to the gentiles.

Acts 15:15-18
"With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written,
16'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return,
AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,
AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS,
AND I WILL RESTORE IT,
17SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,
AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'
18SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO.

Acts 15:23-26
"The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.
24"Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls, 25it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The phrase the word of God is synonymous with the word of the Lord(Jesus,YHWH)

Acts 15:35
But Paul and Barnabas stayed in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others also, the word of the Lord.

Again it is the Lord Jesus who was prayed to and who answers prayers.

Acts 16:14-15
A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul. 15And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay." And she prevailed upon us.

Below we see to believe in the Lord(Jesus) is the same as believing in God. In fact we see that they first believed in the Lord Jesus and later referred to that as believing in God therefore calling the Lord Jesus God !!

Acts 16:31-34
They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." 32And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. 34And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

So we can see that Jesus was preached in the book of Acts as the only One who can save men from their sins. We see He is indeed the Savior. We see He was prayed to under the power of the Holy Spirit and that Jesus answered prayer. They also called the word of God the word of the Lord making Jesus equal with God. We also see that those who believed in the Lord Jesus actually believed in God, therefor calling Jesus God.

We also see the Peter in fact calls Jesus YHWH when he refers to Joel below. When Peter calls Jesus Lord it is the same as calling Him YHWH,

Joel 2:32

32 "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Will be delivered;
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the Lord has said,
Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

Acts 2:21
1 'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

Acts 2:34-36
4 "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says:

'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,
"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
35 UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET."'

36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ — this Jesus whom you crucified."

Acts 4:10-12
0 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead — by this name this man stands here before you in good health. 11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone. 12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

It is the same Lord YHWH whom Stephen prayed to as he was dying for his faith in the Lord Jesus who saved him. To deny this is to turn a blind eye to the scriptures. We know from scripture that only God can save(Is 43:11) but we see in Acts that the Lord Jesus saved men from their sin. Had God not become man He could not of died for our sins. Had Jesus not been God He could not save us from sin.

Acts 7:59-60
59 They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60 Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Jesus,Savior,Lord and God were interchangeable names for the one true God in Acts and the Epistles.

And of course we have YHWH who will be pierced, and He will pour out His Spirit. We know from the NT it was Jesus who would send the Helper,Comforter, Holy Spirit to His disciples and who was pierced.

Zech 12:10-11

10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

Acts 2:36-40
36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ — this Jesus whom you crucified."

37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

Acts 3:17-20
"And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers did also. 18 "But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;

More proof Jesus is God. His words are eternal.

Mark 13:31

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Psalms 119:160
All your words
are true;
all your righteous laws are eternal.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.

Acts 13:44-50
And the next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy, and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming. 46 And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; since you repudiate it, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. 47 "For thus the Lord has commanded us,

'I have placed You as a light for the Gentiles,
That You should bring salvation to the end of the earth.'"

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was being spread through the whole region.

The word of the Lord(Jesus) is the word of God. More proof Jesus is God in Acts.

The word of the Lord, the word of Christ is the same as the word of God. The word of the Lord(Jesus) was spread throughout the book of Acts as the very word of God and they are used interchangeably in Acts. Below we see the word of the Lord = Jesus words are the very words of God. This can be said of no mere man but only a man who is also God as Scripture declares about Christ.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you,

Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-3

Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

1 Peter 1:23-25
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."

And this is the word that was preached to you.

1-Can we say let the word of Paul richly dwell in you
2-Can we say let the word of Peter richly dwell in you
3-Can we say let the word of David richly dwell in you
4-Can we say let the word of Moses richly dwell in you

the answer to the above is a resounding NO you cannot say it.

But you can say let the word of God, the word of the Lord, the word of Christ richly dwell in you because they have the exact/identical meaning.

hope this helps !!!

below we see Jude call Jesus Christ :

A) Our ONLY SOVEREIGN
B) Our ONLY LORD

Only according to unitarians means alone, no other, by Himself, solitary

So it was YHWH ( Our Only Sovereign Lord ) who delivered HIS people out of Egypt. Jude identifies Him ( YHWH) as Christ, not the Father.

4:Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt,

Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,

To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ:

2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People​

3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

A Call to Persevere​

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.[f]

Doxology​

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

hope this helps !!!

You got some issues. What’s wrong with me following Yeshuas directives to worship His Father in spirit and in truth… Jesus is not my Father… He is my King and my Lord, but not the LORD other than being part of Yahavah because of being his Word… other than that… I believe what you afford to me is not the way to go… but that is my opinion and choice to do my best to follow after what Yeshua has said and stated for us to worship the true God, whom was the God of Israel, Yahavah, took his people from out of Egypt, whom displayed his power…

You afford me that because of John 1:1 Jesus is God… I don’t see Jesus anywhere named in that verse… only the Word… but you continue to assert that Yahavah died on the cross which means God died… and how is that possible?

It’s not…

You got some issues. What’s wrong with me following Yeshuas directives to worship His Father in spirit and in truth… Jesus is not my Father… He is my King and my Lord, but not the LORD other than being part of Yahavah because of being his Word… other than that… I believe what you afford to me is not the way to go… but that is my opinion and choice to do my best to follow after what Yeshua has said and stated for us to worship the true God, whom was the God of Israel, Yahavah, took his people from out of Egypt, whom displayed his power…

You afford me that because of John 1:1 Jesus is God… I don’t see Jesus anywhere named in that verse… only the Word… but you continue to assert that Yahavah died on the cross which means God died… and how is that possible?

It’s not…
He is called the Word of God in Revelation- Jesus words are the very words of God because He is God.

Plus I have literally provided 100's of verses in this thread alone that declare Christ is God. And you deny everyone of them. That is very telling.

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom