Free Gift Of "Salvation: Do you Have It?"

@Richard

Correct and Christ gives that when He saves a person.
God doesn't repent for you, he doesn't change your mind for you, you have to make a decision.

Paul declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds” (Acts 26:20). The short biblical definition of repentance is “a change of mind that results in a change of action.” Got?

God doesn't repent for you, he doesn't change your mind for you, you have to make a decision.

Paul declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds” (Acts 26:20). The short biblical definition of repentance is “a change of mind that results in a change of action.” Got?

Wrong Again

Paul declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds” (Acts 26:20). The short biblical definition of repentance is “a change of mind that results in a change of action.”

They repent God doesn't repent for them. Notice he says they should repent not they already have returned, Or not that god will repent for them.

You're ignoring what the word plainly teaches Again.

Our salvation is not the same as when God dealt with Israel in the Old Testament. They were looking forward to the Messiah. And as far as repentance goes, Israel rebelled and repented many times.

Eventually, the people realized why they were sent to exile and began to repent. The people stated, “It is the Lord God who helps me; who will declare me guilty?” (Isaiah 50.9). Hence, the people realized that they were sinful and were fulfilling evil desires. That's how God cause them to repent. God made it hard on them but it was still their choice.

Wrong Again

Paul declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds” (Acts 26:20). The short biblical definition of repentance is “a change of mind that results in a change of action.”

They repent God doesn't repent for them. Notice he says they should repent not they already have returned, Or not that god will repent for them.

You're ignoring what the word plainly teaches Again.

Our salvation is not the same as when God dealt with Israel in the Old Testament. They were looking forward to the Messiah. And as far as repentance goes, Israel rebelled and repented many times.

Eventually, the people realized why they were sent to exile and began to repent. The people stated, “It is the Lord God who helps me; who will declare me guilty?” (Isaiah 50.9). Hence, the people realized that they were sinful and were fulfilling evil desires. That's how God cause them to repent. God made it hard on them but it was still their choice.
No it's not wrong read Acts 5:31

Absolutely false Christ gives repentance that's part of his saving work! Read Acts 5:31
Absolutely positively wrong. Your bible interpretation seems off. God gives us grace to repent. But we are the ones that have to choose to repent God does not repent for us.

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."Matthew 3:2 Notice it doesn't say I will repent for you it tells us we need repent.

Absolutely positively wrong. Your bible interpretation seems off. God gives us grace to repent. But we are the ones that have to choose to repent God does not repent for us.

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."Matthew 3:2 Notice it doesn't say I will repent for you it tells us we need repent.
Christ as Savior gives repentance Acts 5 31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins

Btw it's Salvation also because forgiveness of sins is also given with it !

Both Faith and Repentance are the Gifts of God, they are given to the Sheep as a result of Gods promise that they shall come to Christ Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The word shall is an unconditional promise, so its cetainty rests on the word and power of God. And coming denotes believing on Him, thats why Faith is of Grace that the promise is sure to all the seed Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Yes I do have the free gift of salvation. It wasn't something I was looking for but it was definitely something I needed. The way I can tell that I have salvation Is the fact that I'm a completely different person. And I'm still changing day by day. The last 21 years of my life have been better than I could ever possibly imagine. God's been so good to me.

People I run into that knew me from high school are shocked that I'm still alive.

So yeah I definitely have the free gift of salvation and I'm forever grateful.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 18:13-14

You in error, and I have shared with you about repentance and its source, so again if anyone conditions their salvation on something they do, its works and denies Grace.
The mistakes that you're making is your generalizing. You're reading way too much into works salvation. You need to get a clear definition of what works salvation really is you're adding weight too many things to it.

Believing in Jesus is not a work. Confessing with your mouth is not a work. Believing in your heart is not a work. Turning from your sin is not a work.

The mistakes that you're making is your generalizing. You're reading way too much into works salvation. You need to get a clear definition of what works salvation really is you're adding weight too many things to it.

Believing in Jesus is not a work. Confessing with your mouth is not a work. Believing in your heart is not a work. Turning from your sin is not a work.
Again if you condition your salvation on doing those things, #1 Believing, #2 Confessing, #3 turning from your sin, its works salvation and a departure from Grace Salvation.

I always liked the quip by Steve Brown: "Grace has to be cheap, or I couldn't afford it!"

What do we have to offer up to pay for God's Grace?
I think that's why God gave us Ephesians 2:1-10

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. [NASB]

... which is all about what HE DID to save us, not what WE DID to receive it.

Back
Top Bottom