Free Gift Of "Salvation: Do you Have It?"

@Grace ambassador

Then the sinner is required to do something ! Thats works. For God in Grace is much more than a provision, its an actual bestowal of the Gift of Salvation, it makes the object of Gods grace a partaker of Salvation, it bestows conversion, both faith and repentance.
Why do you thrust the word of God from yourself?

Acts 16:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Substituting your ideas for the word of God is being unfaithful to scripture

BTW the same author rejects faith as a work

Romans 4:4–5 (NASB 2020) — 4 Now to the one who works, the wages are not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Calvinism must ignore context and sound hermeneutics to maintain itself.

Acts 16:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 4:4–5 (NASB 2020) — 4 Now to the one who works, the wages are not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

Then the sinner is required to do something ! Thats works. For God in Grace is much more than a provision, its an actual bestowal of the Gift of Salvation, it makes the object of Gods grace a partaker of Salvation, it bestows conversion, both faith and repentance.

Not according to Paul

Not according to Paul

Whenever the s i n n e r is required to do something to get saved that's works!

the work of God is to BELIEVE, John 6:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:11 "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

101G.

the work of God is to BELIEVE, John 6:29 "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:11 "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

101G.

101G.
Notice that's Gods work that one believes, He fulfills that requirement, its the Gift of God. But my point is when the sinner says he himself meets the requirement and then God saves him or her, that's salvation by works !

Not according to Paul

You can post that over and over but it doesn't make it so. What I would suggest is begin appropriating the conceptual wealth of the great tradition of Christian doctrine.

Learn how the good news of Jesus the Savior presupposes the long story of the eternal Son of God’s entering into human history, and the doctrinal categories provided by Chalcedon are a helpful conceptual resource for making sense of it.

You can post that over and over but it doesn't make it so. What I would suggest is begin appropriating the conceptual wealth of the great tradition of Christian doctrine.

Learn how the good news of Jesus the Savior presupposes the long story of the eternal Son of God’s entering into human history, and the doctrinal categories provided by Chalcedon are a helpful conceptual resource for making sense of it.

Notice that's Gods work that one believes, He fulfills that requirement, its the Gift of God. But my point is when the sinner says he himself meets the requirement and then God saves him or her, that's salvation by works !
what was your wages, and did you get hired?

101G

Back
Top Bottom