Free Gift Of "Salvation: Do you Have It?"

Whenever the s i n n e r is required to do something to get saved that's works!
Accept for having faith and believing in the finished work of Christ. That's not work salvation.

It was the once-for-all sacrifice of Christ that justifies sinners (Romans 3:24). “Know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, . . . because by the works of the law no one will be justified” (Galatians 2:16). We begin by faith, and we continue in faith: “Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?” (Galatians 3:2–3). Got?

Accept for having faith and believing in the finished work of Christ. That's not work salvation.

It was the once-for-all sacrifice of Christ that justifies sinners (Romans 3:24). “Know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, . . . because by the works of the law no one will be justified” (Galatians 2:16). We begin by faith, and we continue in faith: “Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?” (Galatians 3:2–3). Got?

"Salvation: The Qualifications

A long time ago a man asked the question, “What must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:30). First of all, God saves the following kind of people: “sinners” (Rom. 3:23), “ungodly” (Rom. 4:5), those “without strength” (Rom. 5:6), His “enemies” (Rom. 5:10).

If you do not think that you are any of the above, you cannot be saved. If you still think you’re good enough, you cannot be saved. God does not save good people, or people trying to earn their way to heaven. You must come to God God’s way.

Salvation: The Basis

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 3:23-24). God saves sinners on this basis:

1). Freely. It does not cost the sinner anything. It is free. You can’t earn salvation by being good, and you cannot lose salvation by being bad. God does not require any works from a sinner. Good works do not make it easier, and bad works do not make it harder to get saved. It is FREE, FREE, FREE! God justifies the sinner freely. Justification is the act whereby God declares a person righteous, even though that person in himself is not righteous.

2). By His Grace. That means that it comes from the heart of God without finding anything in the recipient that would draw out His grace. Grace is all that God is free to do for the undeserving sinner because Christ paid for our sins on the Cross. If we have to work for our salvation, then salvation is not “by His grace.” If we can earn it, why did He die?

3). Through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Salvation is free to the sinner, but it cost God everything! Free is not cheap. As a matter of fact, salvation is the most expensive thing that has ever been paid. The cost of salvation was that Almighty God had to become a man and die in the sinner’s place. The cost was infinite! Webster defines “redemption” as follows: “The act of procuring the deliverance of persons or things from the possession and power of captors by the payment of an equivalent.” Sin against an infinite God requires an infinite payment. No man or church or works of any kind can pay this debt. The debt has been fully paid for by the Lord Jesus Christ. It would be the highest insult to offer to God your good works or religion in view of the fact that His Own Son suffered on the Cross to pay for your sins.

So to answer the question, “What must I do to be saved?” Stop making excuses, and place yourself in the “Qualifications” category, and receive the gift of salvation God has provided.

"
(D Sheridan from Bible Study Articles)

Amen.
View attachment 682
Praise Jesus for the free gift of eternal life made available for all the world, for all sinners. :)

I like what Paul writes:

I have [in short] become all things to all men, that I might by all means (at all costs and in any and every way) save some [by winning them to faith in Jesus Christ]. 1 CORINTHIANS 9:22

Why would Paul need to win them since only the elect are saved?

You can post that over and over day in day out and it'll still be wrong. There's God's part and man's prayer in salvation.

Salvation has its foundation in the death of Jesus on the cross.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works” Ephesians 2:8-10

Various passages of Scripture support this truth.

Nevertheless, Jesus began His ministry by announcing a coexisting truth. “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15).

This aspect of salvation is lifted out many times by both Jesus and the apostles. Those who would be saved are enjoined again and again to repent, believe, and obey.

Jesus asked the people of His day, “Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” Luke 6:46

Remember what Jesus said.

I Never Knew You​

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:21-23

You can post that over and over day in day out and it'll still be wrong. There's God's part and man's prayer in salvation.

Salvation has its foundation in the death of Jesus on the cross.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works” Ephesians 2:8-10

Various passages of Scripture support this truth.

Nevertheless, Jesus began His ministry by announcing a coexisting truth. “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15).

This aspect of salvation is lifted out many times by both Jesus and the apostles. Those who would be saved are enjoined again and again to repent, believe, and obey.

Jesus asked the people of His day, “Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” Luke 6:46

Remember what Jesus said.

I Never Knew You​

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:21-23

Thats works my friend
No you're wrong it's not works. Do you have any idea how silly that sounds. It's a cop out thinking Jesus is lord and confessing Jesus is lord and turning from your sins (Repentance) are works of the Flesh.

That's salvation my friend. It's faith.

Your works that you believe have saved you are following the man made tenants of Calvinism.

Study out what works salvation really is, maybe you'll learn something. But I doubt it since it seems like you have a closed mind. But there's still hope for you.

The one condition for salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. Over one hundred times in the New Testament, faith (or belief) is declared to be the sole condition for salvation. Our faith is believing that Jesus is in the fact who he said he is and did what he said he was going to do. To exercise that faith we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord.

True faith cannot be considered a work because true faith involves a cessation of our works in the flesh. True faith has as its object Jesus and His work on our behalf. They're not trusting in what do, we are trusting in what he has already done.

You forgot baptized.

Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
That's already been debunked in to other threads. The fact that water baptism or what's better known as baptism regeneration cannot save you. It's not part of the salvation process. It's a ceremony that's done to commemorate a person who saved.

No you're wrong it's not works. Do you have any idea how silly that sounds. It's a cop out thinking Jesus is lord and confessing Jesus is lord and turning from your sins (Repentance) are works of the Flesh.

That's salvation my friend. It's faith.

Your works that you believe have saved you are following the man made tenants of Calvinism.

Study out what works salvation really is, maybe you'll learn something. But I doubt it since it seems like you have a closed mind. But there's still hope for you.

The one condition for salvation is faith in Jesus Christ. Over one hundred times in the New Testament, faith (or belief) is declared to be the sole condition for salvation. Our faith is believing that Jesus is in the fact who he said he is and did what he said he was going to do. To exercise that faith we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord.

True faith cannot be considered a work because true faith involves a cessation of our works in the flesh. True faith has as its object Jesus and His work on our behalf. They're not trusting in what do, we are trusting in what he has already done.
Yes it is works, whenever you make conditions men must meet in order to get God to save you , its works.

Works, you make your repentance a condition to get saved, works, works and more works
What I like about you is your consistently wrong.

First, the Bible teaches that we must repent in order to be saved. “God…now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world” Acts 17:30-31

The Lord is longing that “all should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:8-10

Back
Top Bottom