Excellent word by word analysis of John 1:1

There was a war - the filoque - that effectively and wrongly ruled out the thought of His Hands...
because of the Spirit proceeding from God.

Vatican needed God's Spirit and Son to be the same being as God, due to their platonic leaning and to prevent
any possibility of Spirit and Son as created by God. Really simply all so mangled and sad theological assumptions here.

And it was entirely platonic the way this all worked out... with Plato winning. This is why the only allowed word is persons,
not Beings, which is a downgrade imo and incorrect. The reason is that the term Being in Plato does not allow more than one...
with all other causes being, in Aristotelian fashion, predicates. So, Augustine and the vatican's conclusion
was that Christ and His Spirit could not be predicates since they viewed
all theology through the mistake lens of platonic theology and causality.

You can guess that I do not agree with the pope's versions of this.
Augustine also contributed to this Filioque mess. He always seems to be in the middle of disasters.

Augustine also contributed to this Filioque mess. He always seems to be in the middle of disasters.
His Hands are part of Him and not of a different nature and never separated from Him.

Compare how lovely the sons, sealed to Christ our deity, and to rule with Christ in paradise soon, and being the body of Christ.

Last edited:
I do like Irenaeus' thought of this not saying all the theologizing on the initial thought
is okay... and there are lots of references on it online, plus the passages he uses.
The reference below is one person's take on it.

All of this is pre-Augustine, pre-vatican explanation and to me much better.

My understanding may not be exactly Irenaeus'...
I understand it as that His Son and His are His Hands, two gorgeous beings as His male and female attributes,
with His Spirit proceeding from Him, and His son Begotten of Him
and both of His Nature doing His Will IN Him.
This is better than the Vatican-Augustine version most
protestants follow...

scripture please, thanks in advance.

101G.

scripture please, thanks in advance.

101G.
to start, you can see the archetype
Irenaeus uses in the image of Christ
seated at the right hand.
Acts 2:33 Hebrews 8:1 Peter 3:22
and further, how Christ represents the sons,
who will rule with Him in restored paradise...

this is an archetype
and , how God speaks to us,
in images..

there are many...
so we can understand Him.

Christ is a gorgeous being and
male attribute of God and His son...

and so is His Spirit an attribute...

They are sent to us by Him
being of Him
and inseparable from Him

these are the archetypes He gives us
of Him...

to start, you can see the archetype
Irenaeus uses in the image of Christ
seated at the right hand.
Acts 2:33 Hebrews 8:1 Peter 3:22
archetype? ..... Are you kidding me .... really? Oh My ...... :unsure: are you sure? .... well let's see. "Right Hand", is an anthropomorphism. meaning the attribution of human form or behavior given to a deity to understand its actions, here it means in Power, (the "authority” and the “ability”, or “might”, to do something).
this is an archetype
in images..
see above
and so is His Spirit an attribute...
an attribute? Oh my....
They are sent to us by Him
being of Him
and inseparable from Him
then same ONE PERSON? .... (smile).
these are the archetypes He gives us
of Him...
archetype: 1. a very typical example of a certain person or thing. 2. an original that has been imitated.

TRY AGAIN.

101G.

archetype? ..... Are you kidding me .... really? Oh My ...... :unsure: are you sure? .... well let's see. "Right Hand", is an anthropomorphism. meaning the attribution of human form or behavior given to a deity to understand its actions, here it means in Power, (the "authority” and the “ability”, or “might”, to do something).

see above

an attribute? Oh my....

smile back. one God

together as one
yet still three gorgeous unique beings.

one of whom is His Feminine Spirit.
the other His Son.

archetype: 1. a very typical example of a certain person or thing. 2. an original that has been imitated.

TRY AGAIN.

101G.
God doesn't speak in greek logic.

He uses images.

see above

an attribute? Oh my....

TRY AGAIN.

101G.
no need to focus on why God would need images...

it's more that
we
fell
so low

and that's
how a tiny soul
can get
anything
at all
that He says...

He is love
and wants us to understand
and speaks to our soul
directly

Last edited:

see above

an attribute? Oh my....

TRY AGAIN.

101G.

quoted:

an archetype
in images..

there are many...
so we can understand Him.

an archetype
in images..
GINOLJC, to all.
is this not Visions and similitude that God speaks to us? Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets."

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
is this not Visions and similitude that God speaks to us? Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets."

101G
He is very kind and loving to us
and speaks to us in a way we
in our now fallen state can get..
reduced as we are to archetypes now..
but soon we will be restored to our paradise
which is in the other Reality...
and we will understand many things
more than now

reduced as we are to archetypes now..
but soon we will be restored to our paradise
which is in the other Reality...
and we will understand many things
more than now
whatever you say, lol, lol, lol, Oh my. but remember this, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts." Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."

101G.

whatever you say, lol, lol, lol, Oh my. but remember this, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts." Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."

101G.
what was so funny? why scoffing?

Eve, Eve, Eve, Listen to yourself. are we still in the Fallen state of sin after the cross? Think.......

has not the mystery been revealed?
Mystery #1. "God/Christ in US". Colossians 1:24 "Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:" Colossians 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;" Colossians 1:26 "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:" Colossians 1:27 "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"

Mystery #2. "Gentiles inclusion in the House of God". Ephesians 3:1 "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles," Ephesians 3:2 "If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:3 "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," Ephesians 3:4 "Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;" Ephesians 3:6 "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:" Ephesians 3:7 "Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power."

101G.

Eve, Eve, Eve, Listen to yourself. are we still in the Fallen state of sin after the cross? Think.......

Mystery #1. "God/Christ in US". Colossians 1:24 "Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:" Colossians 1:25 "Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;" Colossians 1:26 "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:" Colossians 1:27 "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"

Mystery #2. "Gentiles inclusion in the House of God". Ephesians 3:1 "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles," Ephesians 3:2 "If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:3 "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," Ephesians 3:4 "Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;" Ephesians 3:6 "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:" Ephesians 3:7 "Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power."

101G.
yes we are still not out,
because we are in this fallen type corrupt body.

the change has not happened yet.
still here we are in this prison

what we have is His promise

the soul
can stay in Him
and has His promise

and hope
to be with Him soon.

101G.

having His promise
is not the same as being saved

which is from this
earth at the Change soon,
in a twinkling.

yes we are still not out,
because we are in this fallen type corrupt body.
GINOLJC, to all
the flesh? John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

we are not still out? that's if one wants OUT.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom