Excellent word by word analysis of John 1:1

NASB   "now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit"
not to derail, good, the Lord God is Jesus..... (smile), scripture, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" someone sent his angel right.... right, let's see who sent the angel. the angels who was sent is now speaking and tells us who sent him, LISTEN. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

"the Lord God" of the holy Prophets, which is the prophets of the OT, now who by name is the Lord God that sent the angel, let the bible speak, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

so, the Lord Jesus is the Lord God of the Holy Prophets, yes the same Lord God of Isaiah.... (smile).

101G.

YHWH laid the foundation, Kurios, Theos. :)

Scripture declares both Father/Son were actively involved in Creation. The Holy Spirit too.
ERROR, "I" is a single person designation. and on top of that, hem the "LORD" was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF" when he made all things, including laying the Foundation of the Earth.

so, try again.

hope that help.

101G.

A question-if you will permit me-do you believe that Christ Jesus existed/Haya WITH YHVH BEFORE He became something He was not before-in the likeness of man?-talking about the pre-existence of Messiah here and He was not a created being-just to clarify.
as a oneness/modalist they are all the same eternally- no distinctions in Person, just modes- wearing a mask. Like an actor in a play.

as a oneness/modalist they are all the same eternally- no distinctions in Person, just modes- wearing a mask. Like an actor in a play.
101G is not a oneness as the UPIC are..... (smile), 101G is just what God teaches. "Diversified Oneness"... :cool:

101G.

@civic,
so the Bible say only "ONE" PERSON laid the foundation of the Earth, "the LORD", but did not the bible say the "the Lord" laid the Foundation of the Earth. either the Lord is the LORD or the bible LIED..... 101G knows the bible don't lie, so the Lord is the LORD, the same one person.

101G.

I said oneness as in modalism, not upc.
United Pentecostal Church International is their "doctrine". which you calls modalism, BUT TO STAY ON TOPIC, is the LORD the Lord the same one person, as the bible clearly states, yes or no?.... (smile).

101G.

just to get off topic for a second to answer above. trinitarianism is nothing but modalism in reverse. each has a MASK label God, instead one mask, with the exchange of persons, each has their own mask as God.... still three... gods, with small case "g".

now back on topic. "it is the LORD who laid the foundations of the earth. so then,
A. why in Hebrews it said the "Lord" laid the earth foundation. is not "Lord" here is,
G2962 κύριος kurios (kï '-riy-os) n.
1. lord, supreme in authority, the one in control.
2. (also, by implication) sir or master (as a title showing respect for others).
3. (in Hebrew) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually Yahweh God of Israel - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
4. (in Hebrew) Yahweh. Outside the Hebraic Scriptures, rabbis rendered the name “Yahweh” as “LORD” or as “GOD” with the intent to keep this name utterly holy and away from any hint or speck of desecration. This practice continues fervently to this day.
5. (of ownership) an owner (especially of an animal or object).
[from κῦρος kŷrȏs “supremacy”]
KJV: God, Lord, master, Sir

Now, if "Lord" here in the Greek is as definition #3 states, then Huston we have a PROBLEM. why? because the scripter states, Hebrews 1:9 "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows."

God .... thy God? Hold it, "Yahweh God of Israel", has a God? ...... (smile)..... no but why do the scriptures say it this way?

this will help us understand the "ONENESS" of God in diversity..... discussion is open.

101G.

I'll be an observer-see how this goes-but it would seem there is no real dialogue.
because they have no answer. see, when the bible says something over here, it has the say the same thing over there. else the bible is not true. the bible is TRUE. the bible say the same thing everywhere, just sometimes use a different word in some places. this is why 101G used the dictionary to A. look up words and their meaning, and B. see what words are synonyms with. as said use reverse engineering of the scriptures. when one do this with the guidance of the Holy Spirit one will not go wrong. as the proverb state, Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." this is why we study, not to learn, but to show God that we're interested in his word, and he will REVEAL HIMSELF IN THE SCRIPTURES.

101G

A question-if you will permit me-do you believe that Christ Jesus existed/Haya WITH YHVH BEFORE He became something He was not before-in the likeness of man?-talking about the pre-existence of Messiah here and He was not a created being-just to clarify.
sorry to missed your post, got caught up in all the responses. but the bible is Clear. God is a "Diversity" or the ECHAD of himself to come in flesh.

but in the beginning, God speaks from the END .... in the Beginning. understand JESUS is the Spirit and his titles are in "TIME", "PLACE", ORDER", and "RANK" just as the term BEGINNING states. using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, it set the stage in understanding God from his prospective. for the Hebrew term "beginning", is, H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

definition #1. tells it all. NOTICE it states "FIRST", in, i n, in, in, place time order or rank. First here indicate CREATOR, MAKER, and as FIRST, he is HEAD, title Father. understand, this is "JESUS", before his coming, and EQUALLY SHARING himself in human flesh and blood. ....... "Spirit", one person. now, let's answer your question, no Christ did not exist in the beginning, but JESUS the "Spirit" did. understand? for flesh bone and blood did not CREATE ANYTHING. because there was no flesh bone and blood in the beginning. 101G is going to give you a golden nugget. what is the Difference between, "Jesus Christ", and Christ Jesus?". the term in front identifies as Spirit, or flesh in reference to his states, be it glorified or G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in flesh or not. understand, the Lord Jesus is not of this world. but his flesh is. this is why reading Isaiah 9:6 is so important. "a Child is born", (flesh bone and blood), "a son is given". so when the scripture, "John 1:1b say the Word was with God" he is God as First in the OT, as Father/"CREATOR", and "MAKER" of ALL THINGS. because the bible clearly tells us this. listen, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the First is the "LORD", just as the scripture states, but it also states, he, the First is "WITH" the Last... I am he" ONE PERSON. and then God by the same prophet give us the ECHAD, listen, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." I, I, I, I, a single person is "ALSO" which means, "in addition; too". in addition to the First, he is ALSO the Last. not two separate persons, and not three persons, but one PERSON SHARED in Human flesh, and resurrected "GLORIFIED". see it is one PERSON who is God, that was to .... "COME" in "TIME", "PLACE", ORDER", or "RANK, just as Beginning states in Genesis 1:1. and supportive in the NT writing, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." understand, that verse 101G gave you before, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" THIS IS WHAT PROPHECY IS ALL ABOUT.

why man is called an IMAGE of God? STOP and think, a Image cannot exist without a source, correct. so where is the source for this image .... called man? answer in the END, God is a GLORIFIED MAN in GLORIFIED flesh, and as with this FIRST CREATION, he is the FIRST MAN IN IT, Adam is only an IMAGE of the true MAN... GOD in FLESH, that was to come.

and as ONE man put us in disobedience, ONE MAN redeemed us back to God, who is (Spirit). this same one PERSON that came in flesh in due time to a. REDEEM us and b. SAVE US.

and this Order in TIME, PLACE, and RANK is identified as Ordinal FIRST, and Ordinal LAST. supportive scripture, Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" see in the OT, God is ONE "LORD", in the NT shared in flesh, he is ONE "Lord", the same one person, only Diversified.

so, I'm sure your next question would be .... "Where is Diversity in the bible? answer, first the NT, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
that term "Offspring".... it's not biological. listen,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there it is diversity. now let's see it in the OT, which there are in many places, but 101G will show you this one. Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

the man that is GOD fellow? yes, or another, which is a NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE, expressed in First and Last, lets see it.
FELLOW: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

NOTICE Definition #2. a. concretely meaning in flesh just as the definition above states, and b. KIN, or KINsman, like in KINsman "REDEEMER" oh my God this is just too easy, understand, God in Flesh, REDEEMED us from a. the curse of the Law, and SIN. this is why he came in flesh. because, as Spirit ,,,,, where is his hands and feet to be Nailed?

these are just two conecting example from both the OT and the NT, but there are many, many, many more example just like these. the bible is full of these example. when the Lord Jesus said, they spoke of hi, Oh how they did.

so I hope this answered your question, JESUS in the OT had not yet MANIFESTED in flesh until in the END. listen, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets," Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

this is why the Lord Jesus is called the "Word", notice the cap "W" in Word", what God is Speaking is now MANIFESTED in "PERSON", hence verse 3. Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

when God, Jesus, spoke in the OT by the prophet, his "word" came unto them, note the NON-cap "w" in word. because it is spoken of, but in John 1:1 the "Word" are now MANIFESTED in flesh... also a NOUN in a direct function. just a the apostle Peter said, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

NOT Christ in them but the "Spirit", JESUS, the "LORD", was in them.

101G.

Last edited:
@synergy,
to help you out only ONE "PERSON" laid the Foundation of the Earth. Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." Isaiah 48:13 "Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together."

I and MINE are single person designations. "ONE" person.

101G.
John 1:3 answers your question. John 1:1-3 clearly shows that the Word was with God (2 distinct Persons), was God (He shares God nature with God the Father), and made all things (to answer your question).

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made

May the Holy Trinity enlighten your spiritual path.

sorry to missed your post, got caught up in all the responses. but the bible is Clear. God is a "Diversity" or the ECHAD of himself to come in flesh.

but in the beginning, God speaks from the END .... in the Beginning. understand JESUS is the Spirit and his titles are in "TIME", "PLACE", ORDER", and "RANK" just as the term BEGINNING states. using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, it set the stage in understanding God from his prospective. for the Hebrew term "beginning", is, H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

definition #1. tells it all. NOTICE it states "FIRST", in, i n, in, in, place time order or rank. First here indicate CREATOR, MAKER, and as FIRST, he is HEAD, title Father. understand, this is "JESUS", before his coming, and EQUALLY SHARING himself in human flesh and blood. ....... "Spirit", one person. now, let's answer your question, no Christ did not exist in the beginning, but JESUS the "Spirit" did. understand? for flesh bone and blood did not CREATE ANYTHING. because there was no flesh bone and blood in the beginning. 101G is going to give you a golden nugget. what is the Difference between, "Jesus Christ", and Christ Jesus?". the term in front identifies as Spirit, or flesh in reference to his states, be it glorified or G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') while in flesh or not. understand, the Lord Jesus is not of this world. but his flesh is. this is why reading Isaiah 9:6 is so important. "a Child is born", (flesh bone and blood), "a son is given". so when the scripture, "John 1:1b say the Word was with God" he is God as First in the OT, as Father/"CREATOR", and "MAKER" of ALL THINGS. because the bible clearly tells us this. listen, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the First is the "LORD", just as the scripture states, but it also states, he, the First is "WITH" the Last... I am he" ONE PERSON. and then God by the same prophet give us the ECHAD, listen, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." I, I, I, I, a single person is "ALSO" which means, "in addition; too". in addition to the First, he is ALSO the Last. not two separate persons, and not three persons, but one PERSON SHARED in Human flesh, and resurrected "GLORIFIED". see it is one PERSON who is God, that was to .... "COME" in "TIME", "PLACE", ORDER", or "RANK, just as Beginning states in Genesis 1:1. and supportive in the NT writing, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." understand, that verse 101G gave you before, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" THIS IS WHAT PROPHECY IS ALL ABOUT.

why man is called an IMAGE of God? STOP and think, a Image cannot exist without a source, correct. so where is the source for this image .... called man? answer in the END, God is a GLORIFIED MAN in GLORIFIED flesh, and as with this FIRST CREATION, he is the FIRST MAN IN IT, Adam is only an IMAGE of the true MAN... GOD in FLESH, that was to come.

and as ONE man put us in disobedience, ONE MAN redeemed us back to God, who is (Spirit). this same one PERSON that came in flesh in due time to a. REDEEM us and b. SAVE US.

and this Order in TIME, PLACE, and RANK is identified as Ordinal FIRST, and Ordinal LAST. supportive scripture, Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" see in the OT, God is ONE "LORD", in the NT shared in flesh, he is ONE "Lord", the same one person, only Diversified.

so, I'm sure your next question would be .... "Where is Diversity in the bible? answer, first the NT, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
that term "Offspring".... it's not biological. listen,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock
Root(s): G1096

there it is diversity. now let's see it in the OT, which there are in many places, but 101G will show you this one. Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones."

the man that is GOD fellow? yes, or another, which is a NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE, expressed in First and Last, lets see it.
FELLOW: H5997 עָמִית `amiyth (aw-meeth') n-m.
1. companionship.
2. (hence, concretely) a comrade or kindred man.
[from a primitive root meaning to associate]
KJV: another, fellow, neighbour.

NOTICE Definition #2. a. concretely meaning in flesh just as the definition above states, and b. KIN, or KINsman, like in KINsman "REDEEMER" oh my God this is just too easy, understand, God in Flesh, REDEEMED us from a. the curse of the Law, and SIN. this is why he came in flesh. because, as Spirit ,,,,, where is his hands and feet to be Nailed?

these are just two conecting example from both the OT and the NT, but there are many, many, many more example just like these. the bible is full of these example. when the Lord Jesus said, they spoke of hi, Oh how they did.

so I hope this answered your question, JESUS in the OT had not yet MANIFESTED in flesh until in the END. listen, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets," Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

this is why the Lord Jesus is called the "Word", notice the cap "W" in Word", what God is Speaking is now MANIFESTED in "PERSON", hence verse 3. Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

when God, Jesus, spoke in the OT by the prophet, his "word" came unto them, note the NON-cap "w" in word. because it is spoken of, but in John 1:1 the "Word" are now MANIFESTED in flesh... also a NOUN in a direct function. just a the apostle Peter said, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:" 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

NOT Christ in them but the "Spirit", JESUS, the "LORD", was in them.

101G.
Thank you for your time in sharing this-much to assimilate and ingest-is Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments your only source in the Word bible software?
Johann

John 1:3 answers your question. John 1:1-3 clearly shows that the Word was with God (2 distinct Persons)
GINOLJC, to all. also @Johann, for your help in understanding what God is saying in the scriptures, I commend you in your quest for the KNOWLEDGE of God in his Wisdom. also @civic, @Wrangler.

my brother synergy. your first ERROR of the DAY. and 101G use ERROR instead of Lying, because there's a difference between an ERROR, and a LIE. let's understand,

step #1. Listen, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"
A. Read the scriptures closely, and let God reveal them to you. B. it is the "LORD", all cap who made all things. WHY and HOW. Answer. see that term "Alone". it means, "having no one else present". so, what's the implication of being alone means? first it means the person in John 1:3 is the same person in Isaiah 44:24. if not you have two separate creators, and that's anti bible. second, it means your so-called other two "PERSONS" in the Godhead do not exist. why? because if he the LORD was ALONE and BY HIMSELF, then the other two persons are not omni-present. and this is backup by other translation who do more damage to the trinity than the KJV. New Living Translation "This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer and Creator: “I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?" the new living translation ask a question, "Who was with me when I made the earth?". answer, no one. now that right there seals the deal. but I personally like what these three translations also say. the New King James Version "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;" here as well as the next two translation makes it inescapable for anyone to say someone else was present when the LORD made all things, "all alone" all alone, that's inclusive. now the other two translation. NASB 1995 "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone," the Legacy Standard Bible, "Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, Yahweh, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone".

I just love what the New LIVING translation says, "Who was with me when I made the earth?". Who indicate "PERSON", right, so synergy, that just killed your mistake on two separate persons, for the person in John 1:3 is the SAME PERSON in Isaiah 44:24, but now in flesh in a state of being, G2758 κενόω kenoo. this is how 101G knew about Psalms 110:1 and 5 how it is the LORD in flesh as the "Lord". just that simple.

now let 101G explain the "WITH" as in John 1:1b and also here in these translations at Isaiah 44:24. "With do not mean another separate "PERSON", no it means the same one PERSON in the ECHAD of an EQUAL SHARE of ONESELF. let's prove it out by scripture.
Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." clear as day, the "LORD" is the First ..... AND he, the LORD is "WITH, WITH" the LAST, and he says ... "I AM HE. now when it comes to the Godhead here in context, if you believe that this is two separate persons, (the First who is the LORD, and the Last who is the Lord), then you have another thing coming. because he, God, by his prophet Isaiah clearly states he, he, he, one PERSON is the FIRST and the LAST, let's see it. Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." HOW PLAIN CAN ONE GET. people this is bible, the word of God, let's not play with the word of God. and also, it is not changing for anyone, it is written. if one cannot believe the bible.... then one need to pack their bags and get ready for the Lake of fire.

so synergy , the word of God just destroyed your ERROR of more than "ONE" person who MADE ALL THINGS. you need to understand the TERM "ECHAD" and how it is USED in the Godhead.

understand, this is not a put down, but a reprove by God himself by his Holy Word. 101G hope you copy this and read it again at your leisure for full edification.

PICJAG 101G.

Thank you for your time in sharing this-much to assimilate and ingest-is Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments your only source in the Word bible software?
Johann
it's not the ONLY one I use but it's pretty Good, it's an Enhancement.

101G.

to all,
one must re-consider their belief in what they were taught..... Do it line up with the Word of God? as said we must GROW UP, no longer children, Ephesians 4:14 "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Ephesians 4:15 "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:"

101G.

to all,
one must re-consider their belief in what they were taught..... Do it line up with the Word of God? as said we must GROW UP, no longer children, Ephesians 4:14 "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Ephesians 4:15 "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:"

101G.
PAUL’S FOURFOLD CLASSIFICATION OF THE HUMAN RACE
In the Pauline Epistles the human race is divided, by the Spirit, into four classes:

The natural man.
The babe in Christ.
The carnal Christian.
The spiritual Christian.
All four of these are referred to in one passage of Scripture (I Cor. 2:14-3:4) and it should be noted that they are classified according to their ability to appreciate and assimilate “the things of God” as revealed in His Word. We quote the passage here in full:

“But the NATURAL man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

“But he that is SPIRITUAL judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

“For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto CARNAL, even as unto BABES in Christ.

“I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

“For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?”

THE NATURAL MAN
The “natural,” or soulish man is the man we have described in the first chapter of this book; the fallen son of fallen Adam, as he is, without God; his fallen soul dominating his entire being. God says with regard to him, that he “receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God,” that “they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them” (I Cor. 2:14). This is so even where the simple “preaching of the cross” is concerned, for we read that “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness” (I Cor. 1:18).

This is not intended as a rebuke. It is a simple statement of fact. Man, by nature, does not receive the things of the Spirit, “neither can he know them.” By worldly standards he may be generous and kind, gifted, cultured and refined; he may be possessed of superior intellectual powers, yes, and even be quite religious, but with all this he still remains utterly helpless to comprehend “the things of God.” Why? “Because they are spiritually discerned” (I Cor. 2:14).

“The things of God” must remain completely incomprehensible to the wisest, most religious man on earth until God reveals them to him by His Spirit (I Cor. 2:10) and this is effected only as God imparts the Spirit to him:

“For what man [or, who] knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God” (I Cor. 2:11).

An animal cannot appreciate “the things of a man,” for the simple reason that he possesses an animal nature, rather than human nature. In the same way man, as he is, cannot understand “the things of God,” unless God imparts to him His nature. Indeed, man cannot even truly understand the animal world, which is beneath him; how could he understand God, who is above him, unless the Spirit of God be imparted to Him?

This explains why otherwise intelligent men fail, no matter how they try, to take in spiritual truths which seem so simple to the child of God; it explains why great intellectual leaders can make such fools of themselves when they begin to discuss “the things of God”; indeed, it explains why even religious leaders can display such abysmal ignorance of spiritual truths so clearly revealed in the Word, for neither intellectual acumen nor religious zeal qualify or enable the natural man to understand the things of God. Man, by nature, can know only “the things of a man” because he has only “the spirit of man” within him (I Cor. 2:11).

In this connection the apostle does not divide the unsaved into classes, for all are equally, because totally, in darkness as to “the things of the Spirit of God.” They may observe and recognize certain facts which give them to feel that they are on the “right track,” but actually they are in such spiritual darkness that they fail utterly to comprehend the things which the Word reveals about God, or to understand and have fellowship with God Himself.

But the apostle does classify the saved into three groups, of which the first to be considered is:

THE BABE IN CHRIST
It will be observed that when Paul first came to the Corinthians in their unsaved condition, he proclaimed to them “Christ crucified”:

“And I, brethren, when I came to you…determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified” (I Cor. 2:1,2).

The reason for this is not difficult to determine. It was by “the death of the cross” that our blessed Lord procured salvation for us, hence it is by “the preaching of the cross” that the Spirit works in men’s hearts to save them. On the cross our Lord paid the just penalty for sin, and the Spirit uses the proclamation of this fact to convict and convert the lost; thus, for a twofold reason the preaching of the cross is said to be the power of God unto salvation.

“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God” (I Cor 1:18).1

“But we preach Christ crucified…unto them which are called, both Jews: and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God” (I Cor. 1:23,24).

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you…by which also ye are saved…how that Christ died for our sins…that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day…” (I Cor. 15:1-4).

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…for therein is the righteousness of God revealed…” (Rom. 1:16,17).

The “preaching of the cross” then, is what the Holy Spirit uses to save men. Even this message, to be sure, is “foolishness” to them until the Spirit operates within them and causes them to see, but He uses no other. No man in the present dispensation is saved apart from the preaching of the cross. It is only as that message is preached, and the Holy Spirit reveals it to the heart that the child of Adam is begotten anew and becomes a babe in the family of God; a “babe in Christ.”

The “babe in Christ” is not, of course, ready immediately for the “strong meat,” the solid food, of the Word. He could not yet digest these “deep things of God” (Heb. 5:13,14 cf. I Cor. 2:10) but must first be fed on the “milk of the Word” (I Pet. 2:2) the elementary truths of the gospel, by which he was saved and wherein he must learn to stand (I Cor. 15:1,2).

Babes in Christ can hardly be called either “carnal” or “spiritual,” since the things they do and say may be attributed so largely to the fact that they have not yet grown up. They may, however, be “carnally minded” or “spiritually minded” (Rom. 8:6). If “carnally minded,” they will wither and shrivel up, rather than grow, and will become carnal Christians, no longer possessing even the bloom and freshness of youth. If “spiritually minded,” they will blossom and grow from the freshness of spiritual childhood to the vigor of spiritual manhood,

“For to be carnally minded is death;2 but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Rom. 8:6).

What is it to be “spiritually minded”? Simply to be vitally interested in the things of God, as revealed in the Word of God. Let man’s criterion of spirituality be what it may; God’s is simply this: How interested is this child of Mine in what I have to say and wish him to do? How much has he grown in the knowledge of it? Thus it is a sincere effort to know and obey God’s Word that produces true spirituality. The Word is the food on which we grow. This is why babes in Christ are exhorted:

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby” (I Pet. 2:2).

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect [fullgrown] man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

“That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

“But speaking [holding] the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the Head, even Christ” (Eph. 4:13-15)

THE CARNAL CHRISTIAN
How often have we all been reminded of the exhortation of the Apostle Peter: “Desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word”! But how seldom have these words been emphasized in their relation to the rest of the verse:

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby” (I Pet. 2:2).

How often have preachers of the gospel used as their motto the words of Paul to the Corinthians: “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified”! (I Cor. 2:2). “Christ crucified,” they think, is the very acme of Christian truth, when in fact it is but the very beginning, the foundation, for the apostle goes on to write in this same passage:

“Howbeit, we speak wisdom among them that are perfect [mature]…” (I Cor. 2:6).

How many there are, even among those who have known Christ for years, who boast about believing the Bible but show little or no desire to understand it! Rather than study to attain to a better understanding of the Word of God and become such as know how to wield “the Sword of the Spirit,” they boast that they have gotten no farther than “the simple things.” To them the Bible is actually little more than a fetish; a mystical book containing many wonderful comforting passages. They give the curses and difficult passages but passing glances and choose for their meditation and discussion only those which “warm their hearts.”

The Bible itself calls such people carnal, or fleshly (Gr., sarkikos). They possess the Spirit, but walk after the flesh, with little interest in learning what the Spirit would have them know. They have been born of God but have not grown. They are not actually babes, for they have been saved long enough to have grown to spiritual maturity, but having failed to grow they must be dealt with “as babes.” It was among such that the apostle determined not to know anything save Jesus Christ and Him crucified (I Cor. 2:2 cf. 3:1-4). The natural man, of course, cannot take in even this. The carnal Christian, like the babe in Christ, can take in the fact that Christ died for him but can digest little more than this. To such the apostle wrote, by inspiration:

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

“I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able” (I Cor. 3:1,2).

“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat [solid food].

“For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the Word of righteousness: for he is a babe” (Heb. 5:12,13).

RETARDED GROWTH
What joy and fellowship there is in gatherings where the newly-saved are present! In the spiritual realm, as well as in the physical, everyone loves a baby! But the joy that fills the hearts of loving parents is turned to bitter sorrow and disappointment if their babe fails to grow. The latter condition is as unspeakably sad and embarrassing as the former is joyous. Just so it is in the realm of the spirit.

The carnal Christian has failed to grow. He continues in a state of protracted infancy. He must be kept exclusively on a milk diet because, though saved for years, he is still unable to “bear” solid food, still “unskilful in the Word” and needing to be taught the elementary things.

THE EVIDENCES OF RETARDED GROWTH
Retarded spiritual growth is evidenced in many ways, all of which come under the heading of carnality or fleshliness. The Corinthians, so sternly rebuked for their carnality by the Apostle Paul, are said to have been careless about morals (I Cor. 5:1), puffed up (I Cor. 4:18; 5:2), inconsiderate of each other (I Cor. 6:1-7; 8:1,9,12), stingy (II Cor. 8:6-11; 11:7-9). While possessing the Spirit, they walked after the flesh.

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness.

“Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

“Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.3

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

“Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law” (Gal. 5:19-23).

One of the most marked indications of retarded spiritual growth is self-interest and party strife, as seen in the case of the Corinthian believers. They were spiritually small and petty, so that the apostle had to write them:

“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

“For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos;4 are ye not carnal?” (I Cor. 3:3,4).

It is not without significance that Peter’s exhortation to “newborn babes” to “desire the sincere milk of the Word” that they may “grow thereby,” is prefaced by the words: “Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings” (I Pet. 2:1).

Similarly the Apostle Paul writes:

“I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

“With all lowliness, and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

“Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

“There is one Body…” (Eph. 4:1-4).

We do well to give heed to these admonitions today, with the professing Church divided into hundreds of denominations. To think or talk in terms of “my church” or “our church,” rather than “the Church”; to consider only self and party, is a sign of spiritual immaturity. It is childish and petty, and sincere believers should grow up from such an attitude.

In connection with this the apostle writes to the Corinthians: “Are ye not carnal and walk as men?” i.e., as other men, in their natural, unsaved state. This aptly sums up the condition of the carnal Christian. He is saved, but walks, in many respects, as the unsaved about him. Put him among a group of unsaved people, and it will be difficult to tell the difference. Fortunately, we are told in II Timothy 2:19 that “the Lord knoweth them that are His,” but this passage goes on to say: “AND, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” Thank God, the simplest of believers are no longer “the children of wrath, even as others,” but believers who “walk as men” will surely suffer loss at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Wonder where I am at @101G

GINOLJC, to all. also @Johann, for your help in understanding what God is saying in the scriptures, I commend you in your quest for the KNOWLEDGE of God in his Wisdom. also @civic, @Wrangler.

my brother synergy. your first ERROR of the DAY. and 101G use ERROR instead of Lying, because there's a difference between an ERROR, and a LIE. let's understand,

step #1. Listen, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"
A. Read the scriptures closely, and let God reveal them to you. B. it is the "LORD", all cap who made all things. WHY and HOW. Answer. see that term "Alone". it means, "having no one else present". so, what's the implication of being alone means? first it means the person in John 1:3 is the same person in Isaiah 44:24. if not you have two separate creators, and that's anti bible. second, it means your so-called other two "PERSONS" in the Godhead do not exist. why? because if he the LORD was ALONE and BY HIMSELF, then the other two persons are not omni-present. and this is backup by other translation who do more damage to the trinity than the KJV. New Living Translation "This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer and Creator: “I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?" the new living translation ask a question, "Who was with me when I made the earth?". answer, no one. now that right there seals the deal. but I personally like what these three translations also say. the New King James Version "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;" here as well as the next two translation makes it inescapable for anyone to say someone else was present when the LORD made all things, "all alone" all alone, that's inclusive. now the other two translation. NASB 1995 "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone," the Legacy Standard Bible, "Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, Yahweh, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone".

I just love what the New LIVING translation says, "Who was with me when I made the earth?". Who indicate "PERSON", right, so synergy, that just killed your mistake on two separate persons, for the person in John 1:3 is the SAME PERSON in Isaiah 44:24, but now in flesh in a state of being, G2758 κενόω kenoo. this is how 101G knew about Psalms 110:1 and 5 how it is the LORD in flesh as the "Lord". just that simple.

now let 101G explain the "WITH" as in John 1:1b and also here in these translations at Isaiah 44:24. "With do not mean another separate "PERSON", no it means the same one PERSON in the ECHAD of an EQUAL SHARE of ONESELF. let's prove it out by scripture.
Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." clear as day, the "LORD" is the First ..... AND he, the LORD is "WITH, WITH" the LAST, and he says ... "I AM HE. now when it comes to the Godhead here in context, if you believe that this is two separate persons, (the First who is the LORD, and the Last who is the Lord), then you have another thing coming. because he, God, by his prophet Isaiah clearly states he, he, he, one PERSON is the FIRST and the LAST, let's see it. Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." HOW PLAIN CAN ONE GET. people this is bible, the word of God, let's not play with the word of God. and also, it is not changing for anyone, it is written. if one cannot believe the bible.... then one need to pack their bags and get ready for the Lake of fire.

so synergy , the word of God just destroyed your ERROR of more than "ONE" person who MADE ALL THINGS. you need to understand the TERM "ECHAD" and how it is USED in the Godhead.

understand, this is not a put down, but a reprove by God himself by his Holy Word. 101G hope you copy this and read it again at your leisure for full edification.

PICJAG 101G.
There is no errors or lies in John 1:1-3. If you read John 1:1-3 very carefully, you will see that John 1:1-3 clearly shows that the Word was with God (2 distinct Persons), was God (He shares God nature with God the Father), and made all things (to answer your question).

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made

Besides, I already discussed Isaiah 44:24
with you many times. There is no need to tell me your same old interpretation errors over and over again.

PAUL’S FOURFOLD CLASSIFICATION OF THE HUMAN RACE
In the Pauline Epistles the human race is divided, by the Spirit, into four classes:

The natural man.
The babe in Christ.
The carnal Christian.
The spiritual Christian.
All four of these are referred to in one passage of Scripture (I Cor. 2:14-3:4) and it should be noted that they are classified according to their ability to appreciate and assimilate “the things of God” as revealed in His Word. We quote the passage here in full:

“But the NATURAL man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

“But he that is SPIRITUAL judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

“For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto CARNAL, even as unto BABES in Christ.

“I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

“For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?”

THE NATURAL MAN
The “natural,” or soulish man is the man we have described in the first chapter of this book; the fallen son of fallen Adam, as he is, without God; his fallen soul dominating his entire being. God says with regard to him, that he “receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God,” that “they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them” (I Cor. 2:14). This is so even where the simple “preaching of the cross” is concerned, for we read that “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness” (I Cor. 1:18).

This is not intended as a rebuke. It is a simple statement of fact. Man, by nature, does not receive the things of the Spirit, “neither can he know them.” By worldly standards he may be generous and kind, gifted, cultured and refined; he may be possessed of superior intellectual powers, yes, and even be quite religious, but with all this he still remains utterly helpless to comprehend “the things of God.” Why? “Because they are spiritually discerned” (I Cor. 2:14).

“The things of God” must remain completely incomprehensible to the wisest, most religious man on earth until God reveals them to him by His Spirit (I Cor. 2:10) and this is effected only as God imparts the Spirit to him:

“For what man [or, who] knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God” (I Cor. 2:11).

An animal cannot appreciate “the things of a man,” for the simple reason that he possesses an animal nature, rather than human nature. In the same way man, as he is, cannot understand “the things of God,” unless God imparts to him His nature. Indeed, man cannot even truly understand the animal world, which is beneath him; how could he understand God, who is above him, unless the Spirit of God be imparted to Him?

This explains why otherwise intelligent men fail, no matter how they try, to take in spiritual truths which seem so simple to the child of God; it explains why great intellectual leaders can make such fools of themselves when they begin to discuss “the things of God”; indeed, it explains why even religious leaders can display such abysmal ignorance of spiritual truths so clearly revealed in the Word, for neither intellectual acumen nor religious zeal qualify or enable the natural man to understand the things of God. Man, by nature, can know only “the things of a man” because he has only “the spirit of man” within him (I Cor. 2:11).

In this connection the apostle does not divide the unsaved into classes, for all are equally, because totally, in darkness as to “the things of the Spirit of God.” They may observe and recognize certain facts which give them to feel that they are on the “right track,” but actually they are in such spiritual darkness that they fail utterly to comprehend the things which the Word reveals about God, or to understand and have fellowship with God Himself.

But the apostle does classify the saved into three groups, of which the first to be considered is:

THE BABE IN CHRIST
It will be observed that when Paul first came to the Corinthians in their unsaved condition, he proclaimed to them “Christ crucified”:

“And I, brethren, when I came to you…determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified” (I Cor. 2:1,2).

The reason for this is not difficult to determine. It was by “the death of the cross” that our blessed Lord procured salvation for us, hence it is by “the preaching of the cross” that the Spirit works in men’s hearts to save them. On the cross our Lord paid the just penalty for sin, and the Spirit uses the proclamation of this fact to convict and convert the lost; thus, for a twofold reason the preaching of the cross is said to be the power of God unto salvation.

“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God” (I Cor 1:18).1

“But we preach Christ crucified…unto them which are called, both Jews: and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God” (I Cor. 1:23,24).

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you…by which also ye are saved…how that Christ died for our sins…that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day…” (I Cor. 15:1-4).

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…for therein is the righteousness of God revealed…” (Rom. 1:16,17).

The “preaching of the cross” then, is what the Holy Spirit uses to save men. Even this message, to be sure, is “foolishness” to them until the Spirit operates within them and causes them to see, but He uses no other. No man in the present dispensation is saved apart from the preaching of the cross. It is only as that message is preached, and the Holy Spirit reveals it to the heart that the child of Adam is begotten anew and becomes a babe in the family of God; a “babe in Christ.”

The “babe in Christ” is not, of course, ready immediately for the “strong meat,” the solid food, of the Word. He could not yet digest these “deep things of God” (Heb. 5:13,14 cf. I Cor. 2:10) but must first be fed on the “milk of the Word” (I Pet. 2:2) the elementary truths of the gospel, by which he was saved and wherein he must learn to stand (I Cor. 15:1,2).

Babes in Christ can hardly be called either “carnal” or “spiritual,” since the things they do and say may be attributed so largely to the fact that they have not yet grown up. They may, however, be “carnally minded” or “spiritually minded” (Rom. 8:6). If “carnally minded,” they will wither and shrivel up, rather than grow, and will become carnal Christians, no longer possessing even the bloom and freshness of youth. If “spiritually minded,” they will blossom and grow from the freshness of spiritual childhood to the vigor of spiritual manhood,

“For to be carnally minded is death;2 but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Rom. 8:6).

What is it to be “spiritually minded”? Simply to be vitally interested in the things of God, as revealed in the Word of God. Let man’s criterion of spirituality be what it may; God’s is simply this: How interested is this child of Mine in what I have to say and wish him to do? How much has he grown in the knowledge of it? Thus it is a sincere effort to know and obey God’s Word that produces true spirituality. The Word is the food on which we grow. This is why babes in Christ are exhorted:

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby” (I Pet. 2:2).

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect [fullgrown] man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

“That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

“But speaking [holding] the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the Head, even Christ” (Eph. 4:13-15)

THE CARNAL CHRISTIAN
How often have we all been reminded of the exhortation of the Apostle Peter: “Desire the sincere [pure] milk of the Word”! But how seldom have these words been emphasized in their relation to the rest of the verse:

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby” (I Pet. 2:2).

How often have preachers of the gospel used as their motto the words of Paul to the Corinthians: “For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified”! (I Cor. 2:2). “Christ crucified,” they think, is the very acme of Christian truth, when in fact it is but the very beginning, the foundation, for the apostle goes on to write in this same passage:

“Howbeit, we speak wisdom among them that are perfect [mature]…” (I Cor. 2:6).

How many there are, even among those who have known Christ for years, who boast about believing the Bible but show little or no desire to understand it! Rather than study to attain to a better understanding of the Word of God and become such as know how to wield “the Sword of the Spirit,” they boast that they have gotten no farther than “the simple things.” To them the Bible is actually little more than a fetish; a mystical book containing many wonderful comforting passages. They give the curses and difficult passages but passing glances and choose for their meditation and discussion only those which “warm their hearts.”

The Bible itself calls such people carnal, or fleshly (Gr., sarkikos). They possess the Spirit, but walk after the flesh, with little interest in learning what the Spirit would have them know. They have been born of God but have not grown. They are not actually babes, for they have been saved long enough to have grown to spiritual maturity, but having failed to grow they must be dealt with “as babes.” It was among such that the apostle determined not to know anything save Jesus Christ and Him crucified (I Cor. 2:2 cf. 3:1-4). The natural man, of course, cannot take in even this. The carnal Christian, like the babe in Christ, can take in the fact that Christ died for him but can digest little more than this. To such the apostle wrote, by inspiration:

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

“I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able” (I Cor. 3:1,2).

“For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat [solid food].

“For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the Word of righteousness: for he is a babe” (Heb. 5:12,13).

RETARDED GROWTH
What joy and fellowship there is in gatherings where the newly-saved are present! In the spiritual realm, as well as in the physical, everyone loves a baby! But the joy that fills the hearts of loving parents is turned to bitter sorrow and disappointment if their babe fails to grow. The latter condition is as unspeakably sad and embarrassing as the former is joyous. Just so it is in the realm of the spirit.

The carnal Christian has failed to grow. He continues in a state of protracted infancy. He must be kept exclusively on a milk diet because, though saved for years, he is still unable to “bear” solid food, still “unskilful in the Word” and needing to be taught the elementary things.

THE EVIDENCES OF RETARDED GROWTH
Retarded spiritual growth is evidenced in many ways, all of which come under the heading of carnality or fleshliness. The Corinthians, so sternly rebuked for their carnality by the Apostle Paul, are said to have been careless about morals (I Cor. 5:1), puffed up (I Cor. 4:18; 5:2), inconsiderate of each other (I Cor. 6:1-7; 8:1,9,12), stingy (II Cor. 8:6-11; 11:7-9). While possessing the Spirit, they walked after the flesh.

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness.

“Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

“Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.3

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

“Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law” (Gal. 5:19-23).

One of the most marked indications of retarded spiritual growth is self-interest and party strife, as seen in the case of the Corinthian believers. They were spiritually small and petty, so that the apostle had to write them:

“For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos;4 are ye not carnal?” (I Cor. 3:3,4).

It is not without significance that Peter’s exhortation to “newborn babes” to “desire the sincere milk of the Word” that they may “grow thereby,” is prefaced by the words: “Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings” (I Pet. 2:1).

Similarly the Apostle Paul writes:

“I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

“With all lowliness, and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

“Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

“There is one Body…” (Eph. 4:1-4).

We do well to give heed to these admonitions today, with the professing Church divided into hundreds of denominations. To think or talk in terms of “my church” or “our church,” rather than “the Church”; to consider only self and party, is a sign of spiritual immaturity. It is childish and petty, and sincere believers should grow up from such an attitude.

In connection with this the apostle writes to the Corinthians: “Are ye not carnal and walk as men?” i.e., as other men, in their natural, unsaved state. This aptly sums up the condition of the carnal Christian. He is saved, but walks, in many respects, as the unsaved about him. Put him among a group of unsaved people, and it will be difficult to tell the difference. Fortunately, we are told in II Timothy 2:19 that “the Lord knoweth them that are His,” but this passage goes on to say: “AND, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” Thank God, the simplest of believers are no longer “the children of wrath, even as others,” but believers who “walk as men” will surely suffer loss at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Wonder where I am at @101G
GINOLJC, to all.
Good, and all are summed up as said, 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." WHY? 1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." 1 John 2:19 "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." 1 John 2:20 "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things." AMEN.

thanks,

PICJAG, 101G.

Back
Top Bottom