Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

I'm listening, I promise.

Where's your two verses?
If you respond to the logic of what I just said it would prove you are listening.
unfortunately what you missed is that I never said there are two verses that show that free choice is not the same as image of God. you got confused and came up with someting I never said.
But i just explained it to you anyway, So go back and read it

Civic is present the "technical" aspects of the teaching.

I believe I've asked you this before but here goes again......

Did the body that Jesus supposedly "left behind" corrupt? Did His flesh become "worm poop"?
We are not told directly in the scriptures what happened to His body, though we do know He left it behind on the cross. and it was gone when they opened the tomb? do you know anything else about specifically His body between death and resurrection?

Last edited:

You directly responded with this.

I will not dialogue with a dishonest person.

Perhaps you are just confused and not thinking clearly.

Either way, irrationality is impossible to dialogue with.
Here's your job. where did I talk about two verses? I did do that.
But they were not about proving the difference between image of God and the concept of free choice.

by the way I struggle to find anything in this forum could probably use help navigating

Last edited:
and that;s how you read that text? He didm't announce his departure, and you don't think they He would have been followed everywhere he went, be reasonanable, He disappeared.
You are arguing downhill from your doctrine. You already know what you want it to say so you force the scripture to say it
There is no need to make such claims against me..I simply shared the truth. It doesn't matter to me if He literally dematerialized right in front of them. My God can do anything. I just told you what the word expresses. Neither views establishes what YOU want to establish. I just go where the information leads.

We are not told directly in the scriptures what happened to His body, though we do know He left it behind on the cross. and it was gone when they opened the tomb? do you know anything else about specifically His body between death and resurrection?
You are avoiding the choice you have made. If you don't know them stop making the claims you are making.

Thomas handled the wounds of Jesus Christ's body. Yes. We know what happened to His Body.

There is no need to make such claims against me..I simply shared the truth. It doesn't matter to me if He literally dematerialized right in front of them. My God can do anything. I just told you what the word expresses. Neither views establishes what YOU want to establish. I just go where the information leads.
All the best translations say he vanished. Where does thT LEAD? to him becoming invisible, and another scripture states he is invisible. Col 1:15 1Tim 1:17
You are avoiding the choice you have made. If you don't know them stop making the claims you are making.

Thomas handled the wounds of Jesus Christ's body. Yes. We know what happened to His Body.
What choice am I avoiding, Please state it in a clear way relevent to this chat. keep i short and specific

All the best translations say he vanished. Where does thT LEAD? to him becoming invisible, and another scripture states he is invisible. Col 1:15 1Tim 1:17

What choice am I avoiding, Please state it in a clear way relevent to this chat. keep i short and specific
I don't have to accept what you declare are the best translations. You can't discuss the word itself because you lack the knowledge. I can.

You are avoiding clearly stating that the human body of Jesus Christ perished. Is that short enough for you?

You know you are making a mistake with your claim above that we don't know what happened after the cross to the body of Christ. We know from the Scriptures that Thomas handled the wounded body of Jesus Christ after His body was Resurrected.

You can face God with such nonsense. It is your choice but don't disconnect yourself from reality by pretending we don't know. We do. You're avoiding the obvious.

You directly responded with this.

I will not dialogue with a dishonest person.

Perhaps you are just confused and not thinking clearly.

Either way, irrationality is impossible to dialogue with.
I can't say that he has ever done anything else but live in conjecture while denying everything he says. At times, It is ridiculous how he tries to squirm his way out of what he says.

No it doesn’t state He is invisible more unbiblical nonsense. It’s God the Father who us invisible and dwells in unapproachable light whom Jesus said no man has ever seen except Himself. You once again have twisted Gods word to say something it does not say.

hope this helps !!!

IS JESUS STILL A MAN?
Civic and I have discussed this maybe 20 times over the years but for those who have not heard my position: NO, Jesus is no longer a man.

1. Psalm 8:5, Heb 2:19 - He was for a litle while lower than the angels. As a man he was lower than angels just like all men.
2. 1 John 3:2 Rom 8_19- When we see Him as He is, we will be like him but the aposle John having seen Him resurrected says we have not yet seen Him as He is (otherwise John would hae ben transformed) - When Christ comes back there will be a revealing of the Sons of God and the universe will see what we are?
3. 1 Cor 15:20 - flesh and blood cannot enter an imperishible Kingdom. Without flesh and blood we are not human.
4. Rom 1:23 - The form of human flesh is corruptible. God is incorruptible.
5. Col 2:9 is in the present and future. Jesus is in Heaven, it says the fullness of deity dwells in Him
6. Heb 8:6. A mediator is a court term. Many of you know what a mediator does. He brings the two parties to agreement and then presents the pact to the judge. He does not defend either party. He brings them together and then to the Judge. He does not agrue before the judge.

If you want any more detail on theses, I will do what I can
'Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself:
handle Me, and see;
for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,
as ye see Me have.
And when He had thus spoken,
He shewed them His hands and His feet.'

(Luke 24:39-40)

Hello @sethproton,

The resurrection body of our Lord Jesus Christ consists of flesh and bone, and not flesh and blood.
Also in 1 Corinthians 15, we are told that the human body at the resurrection is changed. Corruption and mortality are exchanged for incorruption and immortality.

'Now this I say, brethren,
that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
.. Behold, I shew you a mystery;
.... We shall not all sleep,
(in death)
...... but we shall all be changed,
........ In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,
.......... at the last trump:
............ for the trumpet shall sound,
.............. and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
................ and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption,

.. and this mortal must put on immortality.
.... So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption,
...... and this mortal shall have put on immortality,
........ then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,
.......... Death is swallowed up in victory.'

(1 Cor. 15:50-54)

Praise God!

'Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself:
handle Me, and see;
for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,
as ye see Me have.
And when He had thus spoken,
He shewed them His hands and His feet.'

(Luke 24:39-40)

Hello @sethproton,

The resurrection body of our Lord Jesus Christ consists of flesh and bone, and not flesh and blood.
Also in 1 Corinthians 15, we are told that the human body at the resurrection is changed. Corruption and mortality are exchanged for incorruption and immortality.

'Now this I say, brethren,
that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
.. Behold, I shew you a mystery;
.... We shall not all sleep,
(in death)
...... but we shall all be changed,
........ In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,
.......... at the last trump:
............ for the trumpet shall sound,
.............. and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
................ and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption,

.. and this mortal must put on immortality.
.... So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption,
...... and this mortal shall have put on immortality,
........ then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,
.......... Death is swallowed up in victory.'

(1 Cor. 15:50-54)

Praise God!
Amen !

Back
Top Bottom