Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

Luke 24:16- But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him.

Luke 24:31-32- Then their eyes were opened and they recognized Him; and He vanished from their sight. They said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scripture to us?

God by his providence restrained their eyes, that though they saw a man, yet they could not discern who he was. We may learn from hence that the form or figure of Christ’s body after his resurrection was not changed. His body had the same dimensions, the same quantity, colour, and figure, and was in itself a proper object for human eyes; for otherwise there had been no need for their eyes to be held. From hence also we may learn the influence which God hath upon all our members and senses, and how much we depend upon God for a daily power to exercise our natural faculties. Our Lord had no mind that these two disciples should at first discern who he was, that he might draw out their following discourses, and from them take occasion to prove from Scripture the certainty of his resurrection. poole

hope this helps !!!
Yes. He had multiple ways of hiding Himself.

Do you really feel that made any sense?

So the glorified David is no longer human and a had non-human offspring in Christ?
Yes, what I said was logical. maybe contrary to your previos conclusions.
David had left his body back in the dessert and had been existing for a 1000 years in a place and situation we know little about.

Last edited:
And I agree with that too which I believe I mentioned in my post when I said, "
Interesting to note that in John 20:26 it states that he appeared in the room with the disciples the doors being shut. Just appeared. Not merely just a spirit....he even brought that up.....a spirit has not flesh and bones as you see I have.....it was his physical body....but an upgrade for physical bodies can't just appear in any space it wants without going through doors. But Jesus body WAS PHYSICAL and the same one he had prior....but upgraded I think.
Consider this:
At His resurrection He received an invisible resurreceted Body. While still giving messages to the Christians, He took on a variety of forms so people would know He was alive.
I don't know how simliar. but it is like angels. FRom earth they cannot be seen, so thruouut old and new testaments they take on different forms with different sizes.

AND NO. I have just taught He was for a while lower than the angels, SO NO. not saying Jesus became an anget.
saying that God has powers the angels have, BUT HE IS NOT AN ANGEL

Yes, what I said was logical. maybe contrary to your previos conclusions.
David had left his body back in the dessert and had been existing for a 1000 years in a place and situation we know little about.

These are wild illogical speculations that contradict what the Scripture plainly and clearly says to us.

Jesus is the offspring of King David, not a derivation of a disembodied, soul-sleeping spirit.

The lengths you go to stubbornly force the Bible to fit your strange theory should greatly concern you.

Consider this:
At His resurrection He received an invisible resurreceted Body. While still giving messages to the Christians, He took on a variety of forms so people would know He was alive.
I don't know how simliar. but it is like angels. FRom earth they cannot be seen, so thruouut old and new testaments they take on different forms with different sizes.
I'd say some problem with this. First Seth what are you saying happened to the physical body of Jesus in the tomb? So he received a new invisible resurrected body? Then the body would still to this day be in the tomb. Secondly wouldn't it be disengeious of Jesus to appear showing Thomas and the others the nail prints in his hands and the spear mark in his side.....if they weren't real? Couldn't Thomas have said to him at that moment,

"Now Lord....we both know they're not real! (wink and nod) So no real reason for me to do as you said, Put my finger and thrust it into your side....no need to do that for something which isn't real" Well we know the Lord would reprove him and rebuke him and tell him he was out of line. Not meaning to make light of you at all but we do know that's what Jesus said to Thomas correct? Be not faithless but believing. Isn't that what he said? John 20:27

Consider this:

AND NO. I have just taught He was for a while lower than the angels, SO NO. not saying Jesus became an anget.
saying that God has powers the angels have, BUT HE IS NOT AN ANGEL
Where does the bible say regarding His body it was INVISIBLE ?

You made that up.

I think the answer to the question is, no Jesus did not shed his humanity at the Ascension.

19 So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and He sat down at the right hand of God. [Ps. 110:1.]20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the attesting signs and miracles that closely accompanied [it]. Amen (so be it). Mk 16:19–20.

The Ascension is a discrete element of Christ the mediator. It marks his entry into supreme authority over the creation. The Ascension is, I think, a subject richer and more instructive than is commonly recognized. A description of the event occurs in only two places in the New Testament, both written by Luke (Luke 24:50-51, Acts 1:6-11) but the New Testament refers to it in many places and it is also foreshadowed in the Old Testament.

The dramatic departure of the risen Christ from His earthly, bodily ministry among His followers. Since His birth in Bethlehem by the miracle of the *Incarnation, Jesus had lived physically on earth. But forty days after the Resurrection, His earthly ministry ceased with His ascension into heaven . To a large extent the Ascension was for the benefit of Jesus’ followers. They could no longer expect His physical presence. They must now wait for the promised Holy Spirit through whom the work of Jesus would continue.Jesus’ departure into heaven was a literal, physical, bodily ascension in His resurrected body.

Stephen and Paul both reported seeing Jesus in bodily form after His ascension. The Ascension marked the beginning of Christ’s intercession for His followers at the right hand of God. There He makes continual intercession for all believers . Although Christ is not physically present with His people today, He is no less concerned for them or less active on their behalf. Christians enjoy peace, hope, and security because Christ is their advocate with the Father. It is as the exalted Lord that Jesus sent or “poured out” the Holy Spirit upon His church, with His gifts for believers.

Heaven’s strategy determined that the presence of Jesus would be replaced by the presence of the Holy Spirit, who could be everywhere at the same time. Since Pentecost until today, Jesus’ followers now enjoy the presence of the Spirit and the operation of the Spirit’s gifts through them, as the church pursues the mission Jesus ordered. As a result of His ascension, Jesus exercises His heavenly reign at the right hand of the Father as Lord of the church.

This reign will last until His *Second Coming, when He will return to the earth as the reigning Messiah, announced as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Finally, the ascension of Christ is the pledge of His Second Coming:

“This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven” Acts 1:11

Jesus will return to earth—literally and physically—in bodily form just as He ascended into heaven. He's coming back!
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the foundations upon which Christianity is built (1 Corinthians 15:3–4). The virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18, 25; Luke 1:27), the deity of Christ (1 John 4:15, 5:5; John 10:30), Jesus’ atonement for sin (Romans 5:10–11; 2 Corinthians 5:21), and His crucifixion are non-negotiable truths, without which Christianity could not exist. Jesus’ resurrection from the dead was the crowning achievement that forever separates Him from any other religious leader who has ever been or will ever live. No other religious figure in history has ever prophesied His own death and resurrection—and then accomplished it.

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead matters because it fulfilled prophecy. Jesus prophesied His resurrection (Mark 8:31), and so did the Old Testament (Psalm 16:10–11; Isaiah 53:12). Roman rule brought crucifixion as a particularly heinous form of capital punishment. Many people were crucified for their crimes and for insulting Caesar. So the facts of Jesus’ crucifixion and burial are not necessarily outstanding, as many suffered the same fate. However, the bodies of those other people are still in their graves. Jesus’ tomb is empty (Luke 24:24). If Jesus never rose from the dead, there would be no compelling reason to believe that He is who He said He is. But the fact is that He did rise again, confirming His claim to be God (Matthew 27:63; 28:6).

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead also matters because our justification hinges on it. “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification” (Romans 4:25). A dead Savior cannot save, but we have a living Savior who justifies us and makes intercession for us (see Hebrews 7:25).

The fact that Jesus rose from the dead is fundamental to our faith. First Corinthians 15 is a detailed explanation of the importance of Jesus’ resurrection. Verse 14 states, “And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.” In fact, “if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins” (verse 17), and believers who have died are “lost” (verse 18).

Jesus rose from the dead, and Paul presents that event as the only thing that gives us hope in this life. Christ was the first to permanently rise from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:20), clearing the way for a future resurrection for all who believe (verses 22–23). Jesus’ claim that He has the power to grant eternal life is to be trusted because He Himself conquered death (Romans 8:11; John 3:16–18; 10:28).Got?

hope this helps !!!

These are wild illogical speculations that contradict what the Scripture plainly and clearly says to us.

Jesus is the offspring of King David, not a derivation of a disembodied, soul-sleeping spirit.

The lengths you go to stubbornly force the Bible to fit your strange theory should greatly concern you.
Really! you think it is illogical that David was dead for a 1000 years in a place we know litle about Friend, if you don't know that you don't now Bible basics.
David died a 1000 years before Jesus. Do you really not know that?

Where does the bible say regarding His body it was INVISIBLE ?

You made that up.
No, did not make it up. The mjority time after the resurrection there are only a few appearances. Where was He the rest of the time?

if He was visible we should have seen him continuously untiil He ascended

Last edited:
Do you really feel that made any sense?

So the glorified David is no longer human and a had non-human offspring in Christ?
if you cannot explain why you think it doesn't make sense, which, all you did just made a claim, speak up with a Biblical explanation.
Explain what does not make sense Biblically
Why does Dadid have to be human
And technically David did not have "non human" offspring. Mary did, Because Jesus was human and God.

No, did not make it up. The mjority time after the resurrection there are only a few appearances. Where was He the rest of the time?

if He was visible we should have seen him continuously untiil He ascended

Just because we can't see something doesn't mean it is "invisible". Remember the two disciples On the Road to Emmaus?

Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

All truth is important. Can you recall any Biblical writer using the phrase bodiy resurrection

1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
Christ was resurrected and got a new body. He took it to Heaven

Back
Top Bottom