Calvinism is antithetical to Christology

Another imagined concept is that they're ok with the state of being regenerated (alive) and not yet justified (dead in sins). In other words, they're ok with being the living dead in that phase of their soteriology.
Don't appreciate your line of reasoning-

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

ye were: Eph_4:30; Joh_6:27; Rom_4:11; 2Co_1:22; 2Ti_2:19; Rev_7:2
holy: Joe_2:28; Luk_11:13, Luk_24:49; Joh_14:16-17, Joh_14:26, Joh_15:26, Joh_16:7-15; Act_1:4; Act_2:16-22, Act_2:33; Gal_3:14

Ye were sealed (esphragisthēte). First aorist passive indicative of sphragizō, old verb, to set a seal on one as a mark or stamp, sometimes the marks of ownership or of worship of deities like stigmata (Gal_6:17). Marked and authenticated as God’s heritage as in Eph_4:30. See note on 2Co_1:22 for the very use of the metaphor here applied to the Holy Spirit even with the word arrabōn (earnest).
Spirit (pneumati). In the instrumental case.
MV
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1Jn_2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

Johann.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

So you turn your frustration to me, ad hominem style. I'm just the messenger. That's all I am.
No-you are the accuser-ad hominem style.
Trying to ekpeiradzo-not dokimazo.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jn 4:1 Chaverim, do not believe every ruach. [YIRMEYAH 29:8] But test the ruchot (spirits), if they be of Hashem, because many nevi'ei sheker have gone out into the Olam Hazeh.

Since you and @dizerner are fully acquainted with the whole counsel of God-go ahead.
I'll follow behind.
J.

Until we come to having enough understood Bible doctrine
-and when is that?
We have two members who know the Bible from Genesis to Revolutions-their doctrines impeccable-Scholars, rightly cutting straight the D'var of YHVH-no need to consult secondary sources.
J.

I said-don't sit as an umpire or judge over me-you may think you know it all-you don't.
Don't flatter yourself.
Johann.
I'm just the messenger so there's no flattering for me.

I never said I know it all so you can stop with the innuendoes

You are totally free to continue to disregard 2 Cor 5:17 and Eph 2:13.

I'm just the messenger so there's no flattering for me.

I never said I know it all so you can stop with the innuendoes

You are totally free to continue to disregard 2 Cor 5:17 and Eph 2:13.
Just a malach badmouthing Calvin-If you could do what he did and under the adverse circumstances-sickness and disease rampant-poverty--I might have showed respect-and the "two" verses has been adequately dealt with, no need for repetitive repetition.

1Co 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world in order to put to shame the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world in order to put to shame the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And lowborns, without family or descent of the world, and things which are counted as nothing, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to nullify things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should boast in His presence.
1Co 1:30 But from Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who became unto us wisdom from God, both righteousness, and holiness, even redemption:

1Co 1:31 In Order That, according as it has been written, He that boasteth, let him boast in the Lord.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall have come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
Mat 25:32 And before Him shall be gathered all the nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them [sheep] on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world :
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in:
Mat 25:36 Scantily clothed, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee hungry, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink ?
Mat 25:38 When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in ? or scantily clothed, and clothed Thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of even the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall He say unto them [goats] also on the left hand, Depart away from Me, ye that are abiding under a curse into age-abiding fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave Me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in: scantily clothed, and ye clothed Me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited Me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or scantily clothed, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the even the least of these, ye did it not to Me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jas 2:1 My brethren, hold not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality.
Jas 2:2 For if there come unto your synagogue a man goldringed, in bright and shining apparel, and there come in a poor man also in dirty, shabby raiment;
Jas 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the bright and shining clothing, and say to him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil reasonings ?
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, did not God choose the poor of the world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He... promised to them that love Him?
Jas 2:6 But ye ... shamed the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and themselves drag you to the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7 Do not they blaspheme the honourable name which is called upon you ?
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the Scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, being convicted of the law as violators.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he has been guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For He That said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit not adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a violator of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that are about to be judged by the law of liberty.
Jas 2:13 For there shall be judgment to him without mercy, that hath shewed not mercy; and mercy boasteth over judgment.
Faith Without Works Is Dead
Jas 2:14 What is the profit, my brethren, if one say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and lacking of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say to them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what is the profit ?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being by itself.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith apart from thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is idle and barren ?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified [set forth as righteous] by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith made complete ?
Jas 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it wasthe Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise ... was not Rahab also the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Jas 2:26 For as ... body without ... spirit [mans spirit] is dead, so faith also apart from works is dead.

The Word of God is NOT all talk-it is DO!

God bless-I want to enjoy my Sunday.
Johann.

Last edited:
Chosen doesn't necessitate the reception of the inheritance.

The real debate soteriologically, is what we are chosen on the basis of?

Does foreknowledge include a part of God's choice?

And this you will find is why many Calvinists attempt to redefine foreknowledge as God having a relationship with someone that doesn't exist.
Bingo

Just a malach badmouthing Calvin-If you could do what he did and under the adverse circumstances-sickness and disease rampant-poverty--I might have showed respect-and the "two" verses has been adequately dealt with, no need for repetitive repetition.

1Co 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world in order to put to shame the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world in order to put to shame the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And lowborns, without family or descent of the world, and things which are counted as nothing, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to nullify things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should boast in His presence.
1Co 1:30 But from Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who became unto us wisdom from God, both righteousness, and holiness, even redemption:

1Co 1:31 In Order That, according as it has been written, He that boasteth, let him boast in the Lord.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall have come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
Mat 25:32 And before Him shall be gathered all the nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them [sheep] on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world :
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in:
Mat 25:36 Scantily clothed, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee hungry, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink ?
Mat 25:38 When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in ? or scantily clothed, and clothed Thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of even the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall He say unto them [goats] also on the left hand, Depart away from Me, ye that are abiding under a curse into age-abiding fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave Me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in: scantily clothed, and ye clothed Me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited Me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or scantily clothed, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the even the least of these, ye did it not to Me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jas 2:1 My brethren, hold not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality.
Jas 2:2 For if there come unto your synagogue a man goldringed, in bright and shining apparel, and there come in a poor man also in dirty, shabby raiment;
Jas 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the bright and shining clothing, and say to him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil reasonings ?
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, did not God choose the poor of the world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He... promised to them that love Him?
Jas 2:6 But ye ... shamed the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and themselves drag you to the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7 Do not they blaspheme the honourable name which is called upon you ?
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the Scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, being convicted of the law as violators.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he has been guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For He That said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit not adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a violator of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that are about to be judged by the law of liberty.
Jas 2:13 For there shall be judgment to him without mercy, that hath shewed not mercy; and mercy boasteth over judgment.
Faith Without Works Is Dead
Jas 2:14 What is the profit, my brethren, if one say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and lacking of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say to them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what is the profit ?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being by itself.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith apart from thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is idle and barren ?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified [set forth as righteous] by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith made complete ?
Jas 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it wasthe Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise ... was not Rahab also the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Jas 2:26 For as ... body without ... spirit [mans spirit] is dead, so faith also apart from works is dead.

You quoted many excellent Biblical verses that do not promote the following Calvinist myths:
  1. That God has a relationship with someone that doesn't exist,
  2. That they believe in an invisible church which by definition contains invisible members, and
  3. That the state of being regenerated (alive) and not yet justified (dead in sins) is viable. In other words, they're ok with being the living dead in that phase of their soteriology.
Be always aware of what the word of God says about itself in Hebrews 4:12:
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

All excellent Biblical verses that do not promote the following Calvinist myths:
  1. That God has a relationship with someone that doesn't exist,
  2. That they believe in an invisible church which by definition contains invisible members, and
  3. That the state of being regenerated (alive) and not yet justified (dead in sins) is viable. In other words, they're ok with being the living dead in that phase of their soteriology.
You think I am a Calvinist?
Do you actually read my posts?
J.

-and when is that?
We have two members who know the Bible from Genesis to Revolutions-their doctrines impeccable-Scholars, rightly cutting straight the D'var of YHVH-no need to consult secondary sources.
J.

You ignored all else I posted, and clipped my words out of context, giving yourself the freedom to wander back to some pet doctrine you are espousing.

I am amazed how some people will know many facts... but fail to experience living knowledge so that the Spirit can be one with them with.

Some who are naturally so inclined can know many details about the Bible... and, yet ... not know very much of God's Mind.

Academic Bible knowledge in the Greek is called 'gnosis.'

Bible knowledge that the Spirit ingrafts and makes come alive with the believer, in the Greek is called 'epignosis.'

Yet.....

We only see it being translated "knowledge" in mainstream translations....
Leaving many readers in the dark to think memorizing Scripture will save them.

Last edited:
I am amazed how some people will know so many facts... but fail to get living knowledge that the Spirit can be one with them with.

Some so inclined can know many things about the Bible... and, yet ... not know much of God's Mind.

Academic Bible knowledge in the Greek is called 'gnosis.'

Bible knowledge that the Spirit ingrafts and makes alive with the believer in the Greek is called 'epignosis.'

Yet?

We only see it being translated "knowledge" in mainstream translations.... leaving many readers in the dark
to think memorizing Scripture will save them.
I fully concur with your statement and well aware of gnosis and epignosis.
J.

J.
So... no links please....

In your own words. What is so important about D'var of YHVH?

How does apply to the walk of a Christian?

No links. Tell us what you have learned, please.

So... no links please....

In your own words. What is so important about D'var of YHVH?

How does apply to the walk of a Christian?

No links. Tell us what you have learned, please.
Not interested in links? I'm amazed.

Demons believe and they tremble Yes?

So you're impressed with yourselves that with your emunah you can recite the kri'at Shema, nu? O you do so well...why, even the shedim have your da'as and emunah! But they shudder! [DEVARIM 6:4]

What is the D'varim of YHVH-is it not for us to learn, study, believe what stands written-Perfect Tense-and put into practice the Imperatives of the nomos/entole/boule/thelema of our Lord Yeshua HaMashiach dia the Ruach?

Act 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Act 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
Act 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

What do you want me to tell you what I have learned-?
Johann.

J.
On second thought-I disagree-memorizing Scripture is a must.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Act 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
More noble than those (eugenesteroi tōn). Comparative form of eugenēs, old and common adjective, but in N.T. only here and Luk_19:12; 1Co_1:26. Followed by ablative case tōn as often after the comparative.

With all readiness of mind (meta pāsēs prothumias). Old word from prothumos (pro, thumos) and means eagerness, rushing forward. In the N.T. only here and 2Co_8:11-19; 2Co_9:2. In Thessalonica many of the Jews out of pride and prejudice refused to listen. Here the Jews joyfully welcomed the two Jewish visitors.
Examining the Scriptures daily (kath' hēmeran anakrinontes tas graphas).

Paul expounded the Scriptures daily as in Thessalonica, but the Beroeans, instead of resenting his new interpretation, examined (anakrinō means to sift up and down, make careful and exact research as in legal processes as in Act_4:9; Act_12:19, etc.) the Scriptures for themselves.

In Scotland people have the Bible open on the preacher as he expounds the passage, a fine habit worth imitating.

Whether these things were so (ei echoi tauta houtōs). Literally, “if these things had it thus.” The present optative in the indirect question represents an original present indicative as in Luk_1:29 (Robertson, Grammar, pp. 1043f.).

This use of ei with the optative may be looked at as the condition of the fourth class (undetermined with less likelihood of determination) as in Act_17:27; Act_20:16; Act_24:19; Act_27:12 (Robertson, Grammar, p. 1021). The Beroeans were eagerly interested in the new message of Paul and Silas but they wanted to see it for themselves. What a noble attitude. Paul’s preaching made Bible students of them. The duty of private interpretation is thus made plain (Hovey).
RWS

Amazing-eh? A daily vocation-redeeming the time.
Johnny Cash said this: "Christianity ain't for sissies"

We have it nice an' cozy here in the West-not thinking East.
Johann.

I'm more familiar with Evangelicals who believe faith preceedes regeneration and not the other way around as Calvinists do.
I'm with you-faith definitely precedes regeneration and don't hold to baptismal regeneration either. Maybe that's what I am, by the will of God, an Evangelical.

Ever heard of Dr. Bob Utley?

Not interested in links? I'm amazed.

Demons believe and they tremble Yes?

So you're impressed with yourselves that with your emunah you can recite the kri'at Shema, nu? O you do so well...why, even the shedim have your da'as and emunah! But they shudder! [DEVARIM 6:4]

What is the D'varim of YHVH-is it not for us to learn, study, believe what stands written-Perfect Tense-and put into practice the Imperatives of the nomos/entole/boule/thelema of our Lord Yeshua HaMashiach dia the Ruach?

My pastor exegeted all the time. You are just presenting a smoke screen.

Good exegesis is supposed to clarify. Not erect a veil to hide ones own spiritual bankruptcy behind.

Speaking in tongues without an interpretation was frowned upon by Paul... Forbidden in church.
And, for good reason.

Ani lo y'dea I'vrit ................. אֲנִי לֹא יוֹדֵעַ

grace and peace .................

My pastor exegeted all the time. You are just presenting a smoke screen.

Good exegesis is supposed to clarify. Not erect a veil to hide ones own spiritual bankruptcy behind.

Speaking in tongues without an interpretation was frowned upon by Paul... Forbidden in church.
And, for good reason.

Ani lo y'dea I'vrit ................. אֲנִי לֹא יוֹדֵעַ

grace and peace .................
And here I am doing exegesis from my pastor all along-and you claiming I'm hiding behind a smoke screen?
Pardes
Sod Remez?

Literally, this means "I don't understand." Now let's look at another phrase, "I don't know." In Hebrew, if a man is speaking, "I don't know" is אֲנִי לֹא יוֹדֵעַ, Ani lo yodea. Let's say it slowly now, אֲנִי לֹא יוֹדֵעַ, Ani lo yodea.

Really amazed-are you a one or two liner kind of guy?-Anything more and it flies way over your head?
Johann.
Shalom LaCheim achi.

Back
Top Bottom