Arminian perspective on Gods Sovereignty and mans free will

Yes those who already listened and learned from the Father were given to the Son.

They deny the obvious condition of listening and learning
Yes. There is no verse which states God unconditionally determines to save some and reprobate all others

Again

There is if you read and believe

John 3:14–18 (KJV 1900) — 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Christ was given to the world that the world might be saved

Hello. That is provision as even a grade schooler could understand.

read, think, believe
Still nothing about anything being "provisional in said text. Keep looking

And you question beg your errant understanding of tge word "world".

Poor effort

It doesn't say, "whoever has been regenerated should not perish, but have everlasting life". It says, "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
Sure does. The Bible also says belief is granted or given by God.

Faith to believe the truth is a sanctification blessing 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Faith to believe the truth is a sanctification blessing 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
So first

One believes the truth
Then is sanctified by the Spirit
And becomes saved.

Next

So first

One believes the truth
Then is sanctified by the Spirit
And becomes saved.

Next
Read it, belief of the Truth resulted from the Sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

The word belief there is the greek word pistis , its the same word we get the word Faith from. Thats where Faith to believe the Truth comes from, the Sanctifying work of the Spirit.

Read it, belief of the Truth resulted from the Sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

The word belief there is the greek word pistis , its the same word we get the word Faith from. Thats where Faith to believe the Truth comes from, the Sanctifying work of the Spirit.
In scripture belief always precedes salvation and regeneration. You have been misinformed by the doctrines of man.

Next

In scripture belief always precedes salvation and regeneration. You have been misinformed by the doctrines of man.

Next

Still nothing about anything being "provisional in said text. Keep looking

And you question beg your errant understanding of tge word "world".

Poor effort
Sorry you are in denial

Again

There is if you read and believe

John 3:14–18 (KJV 1900) — 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Christ was given to the world that the world might be saved

Hello. That is provision as even a grade schooler could understand.

This promotes Salvation by man, mans choice makes the difference for salvation and not Gods. God relinquishes His Sovereignty in Salvation to mans free choice !
Please reread it again...

"God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not thereby countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it."

This means man's freedom to make decisions is according to God's sovereignty. When man chooses to do something, they are fulfilling the sovereign will of God to make that decision. God does fatalistically make our decisions, but that we are free to make them.

God made the decision to save man from our own decisions to sin and rebel against Him. This is why repentance is required. One must repent, have a change of mind about sinning and rebelling against God and submit themselves to live as He desires not as they desire. The indictment of God is summarized very well by the Apostle Paul in Romans 3:10-18.

In essence. the message from God to mankind is to repent-stop and think about what I have said, and have a change of mind to living as though you are your master and not me. Make the decision to live in servitude to me, and submit yourself to me by believing my Son died for your sins and arose to give you eternal life, and I will forgive your sins and give you a new life joined with me forever.

The preached or witnessed message of God should always be led with repent. Without repentance, which is a carefully thought out and sincere change of mind, one will not be saved. One must decide to either continue to rebel and live like they want, or listen to God's truth that He is the Master and we are His bond servants and we must submit our heart to Him.

Anyone who professes Jesus Christ and continues to sin as normal is not saved. "No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him."

To continue on living in sin-disobedience is to reject God's command, for God "commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained"

Jesus our Lord said, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!" (Luk 13:34)

He also said, "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life." (Joh 5:39-40)

Willingness to submit to God is associated with repentance. If you are not willing, you are not penitent. If you are willing, you are penitent. The Jews of our Lord's day were not penitent. They rejected God's way of being right before Him and tried to establish their own way (Rom 10:1-4, 21).

God does not relinquish any of His sovereignty in salvation. He is the One who set the parameters of His salvation, and in accordance to those parameters that He set, any man who repents and believes in His Son Jesus Christ will be forgiven and joined with Him forever. You misunderstand that God from His sovereignty requires His servants to listen to Him and obey, or they can reject His message and die. God prefers man listen and live, for He does not delight when the wicked perish...."'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways!"

God is sovereign, and from His sovereignty, God established the parameters that man must repent from their sins, believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and from that faith call out to be saved. God does not do any of the three parameters listed. It is required by God upon man to repent, believe, and call out.

God Bless

Last edited:
Please reread it again...

"God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not thereby countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it."

This means man's freedom to make decisions is according to God's sovereignty. When man chooses to do something, they are fulfilling the sovereign will of God to make that decision. God does fatalistically make our decisions, but that we are free to make them.

God made the decision to save man from our own decisions to sin and rebel against Him. This is why repentance is required. One must repent, have a change of mind about sinning and rebelling against God and submit themselves to live as He desires not as they desire. The indictment of God is summarized very well by the Apostle Paul in Romans 3:10-18.

In essence. the message from God to mankind is to repent-stop and think about what I have said, and have a change of mind to living as though you are your master and not me. Make the decision to live in servitude to me, and submit yourself to me by believing my Son died for your sins and arose to give you eternal life, and I will forgive your sins and give you a new life joined with me forever.

The preached or witnessed message of God should always be led with repent. Without repentance, which is a carefully thought out and sincere change of mind, one will not be saved. One must decide to either continue to rebel and live like they want, or listen to God's truth that He is the Master and we are His bond servants and we must submit our heart to Him.

Anyone who professes Jesus Christ and continues to sin as normal is not saved. "No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him."

To continue on living in sin-disobedience is to reject God's command, for God "commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained"

Jesus our Lord said, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!" (Luk 13:34)

He also said, "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life." (Joh 5:39-40)

Willingness to submit to God is associated with repentance. If you are not willing, you are not penitent. If you are willing, you are penitent. The Jews of our Lord's day were not penitent. They rejected God's way of being right before Him and tried to establish their own way (Rom 10:1-4, 21).

God does not relinquish any of His sovereignty in salvation. He is the One who set the parameters of His salvation, and in accordance to those parameters that He set, any man who repents and believes in His Son Jesus Christ will be forgiven and joined with Him forever. You misunderstand that God from His sovereignty requires His servants to listen to Him and obey, or they can reject His message and die. God prefers man listen and live, for He does not delight when the wicked perish...."'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways!"

God Bless
Well said brother

Back
Top Bottom