An Article on free will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your "I could take you to any court of law and you'd be laughed out of court for your claims of denying it" demonstrates your focus on the courts/law/rule of man instead of the Righteous Court of God with Holy Judge presiding.
Jesus appealed to us to believe and KNOW that natural man DOES indeed still have the insights into what God of course would be.

A few examples : In Mt 12:21 he asks a question about their normal natural understandings of what is right thinking...and agrees with it. He states while you would take a sheep out of a pit on the Sabbath why should you think God would do anything different. You would take the sheep out of the pit for it's engrained in your consciousness some basic right and wrong.

He does this with the question of what you would do naturally for your child in giving them a fish and not a serpent. You natural basic understanding is to give them a fish. In Lk 18 her refers to one being an unjust judge. All basic humanity would know what TRUE justice is and what would be a shame. So I'll say it again, I can take what a Calvinist says to a basic court of law and you'll be laughed out of court. Everything you people say is so against an ingrained understanding of what true justice would be.

We Christians are God's vessels of mercy (Romans 9:19-23) doing the work/deeds for the Bread of Life (John 6:27-33), and these deeds/work are wrought in God (John 3:21) because the Word of God says “he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21).

Your "I could take you to any court of law and you'd be laughed out of court for your claims of denying it" demonstrates your focus on the courts/law/rule of man instead of the Righteous Court of God with Holy Judge presiding. The Son of God says “he who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).

Furthermore, Free-willian Philosophers are under the delusion that "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal" (tthe Word of God, John 6:27) in their hearts translates to "Do not work for the food which perishes, but YOU HAVE THE ABILITY IN YOUR OWN INITIATIVE TO WORK for the food which endures to eternal life, SO YOU MUST CHOOSE WHETHER TO ACCEPT THE FOOD THAT the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal" (the word of free-willians) in spite of the Word of God sayings “And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right” (Luke 12:57) and
you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19).

Free-willian's hearts even subtract "which the Son of Man will give to you" (John 6:27) about the food for which Jesus says "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life" (John 6:27). Jesus clearly states the righteous work of man is Fruit of the Spirit because the food is given by God to man which is another declaration about the exclusive power of God in the salvation of man. A crucial concept established by Jesus in John 6:27 is that the only people to receive Jesus' food are the people to whom Jesus gives the food, but free-willian philosophy ends up with people in hell who are failures of "the food which endures to eternal life" (John 6:27). This paragraph's explanation is all in the recorded Word of God in John 6:27 without stepping to another verse.

The Word in John 6:27 refers to the man's work which is truly the act of God in man; on the other hand, the Word in John 6:29 refers to man's belief which is truly the act of God in man.

In the first (John 6:27), Lord Jesus explains the outward evidence of us Christians controlled by our loving Father in Heaven, and in the second (John 6:29), Jesus explains the inward event of us Christians controlled by our loving Father in Heaven.

Your heart's treasure produces false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE AUTHOR AND PERFECTER OF THE FAITH!!!
Newsflash Christ does not give the bread which endures to eternal life to those who do not believe

BTW it is rather irrational

how you interpret the phrase works/work of God in two different ways in consecutive verses

Which is also contrary to how Christ's audience understood it and Jesus himself nothing to correct their understanding

Verse 28. - They say unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God? The works of God might be, either works like those which are wrought by God the Father, but this would be a very improbable demand; or "the works of God" may be those which God has assigned to man as the conditions of his favour. (from The Pulpit Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 2001, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)
John Calvin: “People who infer from this passage that faith is God’s gift are mistaken, for Christ does not show here what God produces in us, but what God wants and requires from us.” (The Crossway Classic Commentaries: John; Crossway Books; Wheaton, IL; 1994, p.393)
This is the work of God. This is the thing that will be acceptable to God, or which you are to do in order to be saved. Jesus did not tell them they had nothing to do, or that they were to sit down and wait, but that there was a work to perform, and that was a duty that was imperative. It was to believe on the Messiah. This is the work which sinners are to do; and doing this they will be saved, for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth, Ro. 10:4.11 Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Luke & John (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 244.
Believe. Faith is put as a moral act or work. The work of God is to believe. Faith includes all the works which God requires. The Jews’ question contemplates numerous works. Jesus’ answer directs them to one work. Canon Westcott justly observes that “this simple formula contains the complete solution of the relation of faith and works.”11 Marvin Richardson Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament (vol. 2; New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1887), 148–149.

The meaning is not,—that faith is wrought in us by God, is the work of God; but that the truest way of working the work of God is to believe on Him whom He hath sent.11 Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 761.

τὰ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ must not be taken to mean ‘the works which God works,’ but, as in Jer. 48:10 (31:10 LXX): 1 Cor. 15:58, the works well pleasing to God.11 Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 760–761.

Yeshua-Jesus is telling them how to receive eternal life. The people then ask Yeshua-Jesus, [57]“What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” The response of the people is referring to how they can work and receive eternal life which is salvation. Yeshua-Jesus sets the record straight by answering, [58]“This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” In other words, Yeshua-Jesus tells them that if they want to do the works of God for eternal life then believe in him who God sent. That is the work needed for salvation, believe him, Yeshua-Jesus. Yeshua-Jesus did not tell them that the works of God are only for those who are chosen or elected. Then the people, they want to see a sign so that they can believe in him. Garza, Dr. Al. Calvinism Challenged: How The Hebrew Bible, Jewish Sources, Jesus, The Apostles and Paul Refute Calvinism. . Sefer Press Publishing. Kindle Edition.

6:29 Ἀπεκρίθη … καὶ εἶπεν 1:21, 50; 2:18. Jesus contrasts the one “work” that God actually requires (τὸ ἔργον τοῦ θεοῦ)—namely (epex. ἵνα), constant belief (πιστεύητε, pres. subjunc.) in his accredited messenger—with the many “works” the Jews imagined God demanded (τὰ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ, v. 28)

Murray J. Harris, John (Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament; B&H Academic, 2015), 131.

(ver. 28) τί ποιοῦμεν [better, ποιῶμεν] ἵνα ἐργαζώμεθα τὰ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ; that is, how can we so labour as to satisfy God? What precisely is it that God waits for us to do, and will be satisfied with our doing? To which Jesus, always ready to meet the sincere inquirer, gives the explicit answer (ver. 29) τοῦτό ἐστι … ἐκεῖνος. If God has sent a messenger it is because there is need of such interposition, and the first duty must be to listen believingly to this messenger

Marcus Dods, The Gospel of St. John (New York: George H. Doran Company, n.d.), 752.

29. τὸ ἔργον. They probably thought of works of the law, tithes, sacrifices, &c. He tells them of one work, one moral act, from which all the rest derive their value, continuous belief (πιστεύητε, not πιστεύσητε) in Him whom God has sent. Comp. Acts 16:31. On ἵνα and ἀπέστειλεν see on 1:8, 33, 4:47, 17:3.

A. Plummer, The Gospel according to S. John (Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges; Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1896), 155.

If you believed scripture you would not post such comments

A Christian adds not to the Word of God. I proclaim the unadulterated Word of God. You are shown to add to the Word of God, even you calling the Word of God "garbage", as recorded in post #1,116.

The Word of God that you applied the appalling term "garbage" against included “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19, includes salvation) and “he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21) and “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

The Word of God says “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments” (John 14:15), and you call the Word of God “garbage”.

Deuteronomy 30:11–19 (ESV) — 11 “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. 16 If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,

Nothing in Deuteronomy 30:11–19 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Deuteronomy 30:11–19.

Joshua 24:15–22 (ESV) — 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 Then the people answered, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods, 17 for it is the LORD our God who brought us and our fathers up from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery, and who did those great signs in our sight and preserved us in all the way that we went, and among all the peoples through whom we passed. 18 And the LORD drove out before us all the peoples, the Amorites who lived in the land. Therefore we also will serve the LORD, for he is our God.” 19 But Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the LORD, for he is a holy God. He is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions or your sins. 20 If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you harm and consume you, after having done you good.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 Then Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD, to serve him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

Nothing in Joshua 24:15–22 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Joshua 24:15–22.

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Nothing in John 12:40 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 12:40.

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Nothing in Acts 28:27 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Acts 28:27.

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Nothing in Mark 4:10–12 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Mark 4:10–12.

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Nothing in Luke 8:13 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Luke 8:13. They are not rooted in the True Vine (John 15:1-5), and Jesus does not state that they believe specifically in Jesus for man can believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

Nothing in John 1:6–7 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 1:6–7.

Man can believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Nothing in John 5:45–47 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 5:45–47.

Man can believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

Nothing in John 4:39 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 4:39.

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

Nothing in John 17:20 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 17:20.

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

Nothing in John 20:31 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 20:31.

Man can believe in Jesus only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Nothing in 2 Timothy 3:15 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of 2 Timothy 3:15.

Man can believe in Jesus only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Nothing in Ephesians 3:4–11 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Ephesians 3:4–11.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Nothing in Romans 10:10–17 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Romans 10:10–17.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Nothing in Acts 28:23–24 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Acts 28:23–24.

Well TomL, and @civic based on your agreement reaction to the word of TomL, the two of you wholeheartedly added man's purported free-will choice toward God into Holy Scripture where that choice does not exist.

Your heart makes false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE!!!

A Christian adds not to the Word of God. I proclaim the unadulterated Word of God.
Perhaps you do think that's what you're doing. You won't be the first one who thought they were doing that and they came to learn later that they were wrong.
The Word of God that you applied the appalling term "garbage" against included “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16)
Sorry but you're whole approach is extremely disengeious here. Nobody is saying any Bible verse is garbage. They might be asserting your interpretation of what that verse means is trash but you need to admit that is what they're saying.

The Word of God says “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments” (John 14:15), and you call the Word of God “garbage”.
Or are they rather saying your interpretation of things needs a complete overhaul. Admit that's what they're saying and stop being deceptive.

Last edited:
Well TomL, and @civic based on your agreement reaction to the word of TomL, the two of you wholeheartedly added man's purported free-will choice toward God into Holy Scripture where that choice does not exist.
Just keep meditating and thinking about it. Be encouraged to know you might see it eventually.

I think the blindness is on your side. Free-willers are threatened by the idea that they weren't the deciding factor in their salvation.
A person who does not willingly and actively believe in Christ is only fooling himself. God is never fooled by those who are passive, not willing to believe Christ. Therefore, the doctrine of Be Inert, Do Nothing, and Wait for the Zapping is a sham at best.

A person who does not willingly and actively believe in Christ is only fooling himself. God is never fooled by those who are passive, not willing to believe Christ. Therefore, the doctrine of Be Inert, Do Nothing, and Wait for the Zapping is a sham at best.

Could you cram any more falsehoods and misrepresentations into that?

I see that you offered no counterargument whatsoever to what I wrote, nor could you. As such your doctrine of Be Inert, Do Nothing, and Wait for the Zapping has crashed and burned. 🔥

Well, I can say this. I believe in election not salvation by free will choice. And I don't recall being inert, doing nothing, and waiting for a zapping. In fact, nobody does that. You don't believe in election until you're saved and read the Bible.

A Christian adds not to the Word of God. I proclaim the unadulterated Word of God. You are shown to add to the Word of God, even you calling the Word of God "garbage", as recorded in post #1,116.

The Word of God that you applied the appalling term "garbage" against included “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19, includes salvation) and “he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21) and “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).
Sorry we have been through this enough to know

Christ disciples were given to him by the father

he chose his apostles

Multiple verses were given stating this

You are simply ignoring scripture for the sake of your theology

This understanding was buttressed by multiple comments from Calvinist sources, which you also ignore

You do not exegete passages you read your theology into then

uir

No just your handling of it
Nothing in Deuteronomy 30:11–19 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Deuteronomy 30:11–19.
Mere denial

Deuteronomy 30:11–20 (NASB 2020) — 11 “For this commandment which I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it far away. 12 It is not in heaven, that you could say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us and get it for us, and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you could say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us and get it for us and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’ 14 On the contrary, the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may follow it. 15 “See, I have placed before you today life and happiness, and death and adversity, 16 in that I am commanding you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, so that you may live and become numerous, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but allow yourself to be led astray and you worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you will certainly perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and take possession of it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have placed before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, 20 by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding close to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, so that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

Nothing in Joshua 24:15–22 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Joshua 24:15–22.
Again nothing but mere denial

Joshua 24:14–22 (NASB 2020) — 14 “Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and do away with the gods which your fathers served beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we would abandon the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slaves, and did these great signs in our sight and watched over us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God.” 19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your wrongdoing or your sins. 20 If you abandon the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and destroy you after He has done good to you.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 So Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

Nothing in John 12:40 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of John 12:40.

bald denial

John 12:40 (ESV) — 40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”

Why does God prevent from believing those you claim have no ability to believe

Nothing in Acts 28:27 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Acts 28:27.

Still more bald denial

Acts 28:27 (ESV) — 27 For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

clearly they were not born in the hardened condition your theology claims

Had they not closed their eyes they could have believed

Nothing in Mark 4:10–12 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Mark 4:10–12.

Absurd

Jesus had to speak in parables so they would not believe

Mark 4:11–12 (ESV) — 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

d
Nothing in Luke 8:13 states God imparted into man the ability to choose God; therefore, your heart falsifies Holy Scripture of Luke 8:13. They are not rooted in the True Vine (John 15:1-5), and Jesus does not state that they believe specifically in Jesus for man can believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent only because God causes man to believe in Jesus for Lord Jesus declares “This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

Duh contrarywise the text shows that unregenerate believed

Luke 8:13 (ESV) — 13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.

It is rather plain the only tactic you have is to deny the texts

One is left with a puppet or a robot

Well, I can say this. I believe in election not salvation by free will choice. And I don't recall being inert, doing nothing, and waiting for a zapping. In fact, nobody does that. You don't believe in election until you're saved and read the Bible.

Your requirements above would demand there are more saved than you allow.

So you really don't believe the gospel is a necessary ingredient to even get someone saved. You have people saved prior to their knowledge of the gospel.

So you really don't believe the gospel is a necessary ingredient to even get someone saved. You have people saved prior to their knowledge of the gospel.

Grow up. Show me where I said people are saved prior to the knowledge of the Gospel.

Like most people, I believed in salvation by free-will choice until I studied the Bible for some years. Some of us eventually come to terms with the truth. Some of us are unwilling to give up a modicum of credit for their own salvation.

But aren't Calvinists threatened by the idea that God will exercise his sovereignty in a way they don't approve of?

No. In fact when you finally realize God is God and can do whatever He wants whether we like it or not, then God's sovereignty is a source of supreme peace and comfort. That turning point, realizing God is sovereign and is not subject to our opinions of what He should do, is generally when you start to believe in election. Knowing you won't always like what God does but you accept that His ways are above our ways and trust that what He does is always good -- that is the cornerstone of faith.

Only free-willers are threatened by the idea that God will exercise His sovereignty in a way they don't approve. (never end a sentence with a preposition.) That's why, when faced with something God does that they don't like, they retreat into "God is love" and re-interpret what the scripture says.

Grow up. Show me where I said people are saved prior to the knowledge of the Gospel.

You've denied the necessity of the Gospel for years. Why lie now?

Like most people, I believed in salvation by free-will choice until I studied the Bible for some years. Some of us eventually come to terms with the truth. Some of us are unwilling to give up a modicum of credit for their own salvation.

No one can save themselves. We certain can ask God to save us. He is the one that saves.

Making such empty arguments is ridiculous. I knew you didn't run out of LSD......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom