An Article on free will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. My view is very similar to yours in that we are volitional beings. We must willingly believe in Christ or else it's a sham. God is not fooled. Whoever does not commit his will towards believing God will not be saved.

Even in the face of all of your errors, as shown in the following.

I see that you totally ignored the Bible verse (2 Th 2:13) I offered. Your adherence to your Calvinist presuppositions caused you to do that. Let's remedy that by looking at the verses you offered instead. Let's start with your first verse John 15:16. What election do you think that verse is referring to? There are different elections and different aspects of election. It's very easy to blend together the following types of elections into one massive mess to where nothing makes sense. Here is a list of election categories that I assembled. There could be more.
  • There is election onto salvation. ( 2 Th 2:13),
  • There is election onto a vocation (i.e.: the good works that God has preordained for us) (Eph 2:10),
  • Christ is God's Archetype Elect. (1 Pet 2:4),
  • We inherit election "in Christ" (Eph 1:4) when are positioned "in Christ" by believing "in Christ",
  • There is the purpose of God according to Election. (Rom 9:11; The Election of the Cross),
  • There is the Biblical fact that election is conditional on our diligence. (1 Pet 1:10)
  • Angels are elect. (1 Tim 5:21)
Let's start with that. Is that ok with you?

Your "I see that you totally ignored the Bible verse (2 Th 2:13)" is you bearing false against me. As you can see from this post on Tuesday you, synergy, the post to which you replied - the post in which Christ caused me to proclaim to you the Truth (John 14:6). Here is the post.

Would it be ok if we did focus in a verse that does explicitly speak about election unto salvation?

(2 Th 2:13) But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brothers beloved of the Lord, because God has from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth,

We are elected by God unto salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. Did you catch what I underlined? Your monergism just crashed and burned.

You wrote "Your monergism just crashed and burned" about "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19), includes salvation) as well as "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) as well as *]"What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this - relationship verse John 15:20), so all the wonderful blessings of the Word of God mentioned above are to all Christians, every disciple of Christ, in all time. The Word of God is marvelous!

No Christian writes that the Word of God "crashed and burned".

The "faith" is controlled by God in "we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth" (2 Thessalonians 2:13) because the same Apostle Paul wrote:

by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast for we are His work
(Ephesians 2:8-10)

And, the Apostle Paul is in accord with Lord Jesus Christ saying "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

God's exclusive choice (election) of man unto man's salvation (John 15:16-19).

God's election (choice) unto salvation (Romans 1:16).

God's choice of man unto man's salvation (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

God's election unto salvation (Colossians 3:12).

The verses you mentioned do not negate John 15:16-19!

Your heart issues falsehoods about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE YOU HOLY AND SOVEREIGN KING JESUS, YOU EXERCISE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTEOUS DOMINION IN THE SAVING OF MAN FROM THE WRATH OF GOD UNTO THE WONDERFUL GLORY OF GOD!!!

This is the Word of God that "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

The above statement establishes an equivalency. A form of definition is established. The commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) is the Word of God.

Now that we've seen the commutative principle in action, let's look the specific Word of God.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

The above statement establishes an equivalency; in other words, a definition occurs. As before, the commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.

"You believing in Him whom He has sent is the work of God" (John 6:29).

THE WORD OF GOD WONDROUSLY DEFINES MAN BELIEVING IN CHRIST SPECIFICALLY AS THE EXCLUSIVE WORK OF GOD.

The work of God is the deed of God.

The work of God is something that God does.

In Truth (John 14:6), the work of God is the act of God.

You wrote "1st Verse 28 defines for us the works of God" which is you rejecting the definition of faith/belief by the Word of God, and it is you adding to the Word of God resulting in "This is NOT THE WORK OF GOD BUT THIS IS the work of MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (the tradition of TomL 6:28).

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (the Word of God, John 12:48).

"do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

A liar preaches a thing that is not the Word of God while such a person claims that the preaching is the Word of God.

Every Christian Believing In The Son Whom The Father Has Sent Is The Work Of God​

Let's examine the context of the people's word, and, more importantly, the Word of God speaks the Truth (John 14:6) without human interpretation.

Let’s review the exchange:
they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” So they said to Him, “What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform? Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread out of heaven to eat.’” Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.
(John 6:28-33)​

The people asked about their own work respecting salvation when they inquired “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God” (John 6:28), yet Christ rightly removed man’s work from anyplace respecting salvation when He responded “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

The people failed to understand, just like free-willian philosophers, that Lord Jesus removed the work of man from saving belief/faith with the Lord’s marvelous sayings of “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” (John 6:29).

The people followed up by asking/injecting the work of man, again, with “Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness” (John 6:31) in a manner that @The Rogue Tomato astutely put it, “You’re insisting that Jesus is somehow required to answer them according to their question. He is under no such obligation. He answered correctly. This is the work OF GOD, that you believe on whom He has sent. It's like: 'Dad, how long will it take us to walk to school?' 'I'm driving you there.'” (post #1,796).

The Lord shifts the focus from man’s purported control to God’s Sovereign control, this second time in the same exchange, with “Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.
(John 6:32-33).

Behold, the Word of God establishes that faith/belief is given by God without any contribution by man (John 6:29) and, in like manner, life is given by the bread of God without any contribution by man (John 6:32-33).

PRAISE JESUS FOR HIS LOVINGKINDNESS!!!

In Truth (John 14:6), the Christ of us Christians intensifies that God works man regarding saving faith/belief, not man working, but truly the Bread of Life (John 6:35) as exclusive Savior!

Free-willian Philosophers convey things like “They obviously understood jesus to be saying what God requires of you is that you believe” (the word of TomL, see post #1,818) about the people recorded in John 6:28-33 in order for the free-willian heart’s treasure (Matthew 15:16-19) to justify adulterating the Word of God resulting in “This is NOT the work of God BUT THIS IS THE WORK OF MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (the traditions of man, see Matthew 15:9).

The Lord uses the continuing exchange to illumine the people's, and your, ignorance. The Word of God is precise and pure “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” (John 6:29).

This examination needs to expand to the larger passage of "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal" (John 6:27), but this would be incomplete without the intervening passage culminating with "Then they said to Him, 'Lord, always give us this bread.' Jesus said to them, 'I am the Bread of Life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst'" (John 6:34-35).

Do not be condused about the "who comes to Me" in John 6:35 because the Lord says "he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21), so we Christians work for God because God wrings our work/deeds out of us!

In John 6:27 and John 6:34-35, Jesus says He is our Christian's food (John 6:27), our Christian Bread of Life (John 6:35).

The Christ of us Christians says "I am the Living Bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh" (John 6:51).

Praise the Lord for He explains our Christian work (John 6:27) is to eat the Bread of Life (John 6:35, John 6:51). Christ says "work" "for the food" (John 6:27) which means "work for Christ" as in fruit of the Spirit of the Living God (see bearing fruit in John 3:21 and John 15:5 and John 15:16 and Galatians 5:22-23), so Christ says not that believing in Christ is the work of man, so this means free-willian philosopher's "He told them there was a certain type of work they were to do and it was the work of faith so stop trying to twist the passage and say it wasn't so" (the word of @Rockson, see post #1,847) is false according to the Word of God!

Free-willian Philosophers are under the delusion that "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal" (tthe Word of God, John 6:27) in their hearts they hear "Do not work for the food which perishes, but YOU HAVE THE ABILITY IN YOUR OWN INITIATIVE TO WORK for the food which endures to eternal life, SO YOU MUST CHOOSE WHETHER TO ACCEPT THE FOOD THAT the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal" (the word of free-willians).

Free-willian's hearts even subtract "which the Son of Man will give to you" (John 6:27) about the food for which Jesus says "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life" (John 6:27). Jesus clearly states the righteous work of man is Fruit of the Spirit because the food is given by God to man which is another declaration about the exclusive power of God in the salvation of man. A crucial concept established by Jesus in John 6:27 is that the only people to receive Jesus' food are the people to whom Jesus gives the food, but free-willian philosophy ends up with people in hell who are failures of "the food which endures to eternal life" (John 6:27). This paragraph's explanation is all in the recorded Word of God in John 6:27 without stepping to another verse.

The Word in John 6:27 refers to the man's work which is truly the act of God in man; on the other hand, the Word in John 6:29 refers to man's belief which is truly the act of God in man.

In the first (John 6:27), Lord Jesus explains the outward evidence of us Christians controlled by our loving Father in Heaven, and in the second (John 6:29), Jesus explains the inward event of us Christians controlled by our loving Father in Heaven.

Your heart's treasure produces false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE LORD JESUS WHO DOES IT ALL FOR MAN'S SALVATION!!!
sorry you are just repeating yourself ignoring context and scripture

The absence of all scripture except your mention of John 6:29 in your post demonstrates the complete void of your "plethora of passages" that you believe nullifies "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Your heart makes false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!
Your heart makes false statements about God. Fatalism is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!

If you believe in Jesus, then you must believe Jesus' sayings.

No Word of God states man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God!

The gracious Benefactor of us Christians exclusively produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries’ repent by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries’ love by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)

If you don't have a choice in the matter then it's not love. It's like a robot being programmed to do something. Commandments can be broken, There's evidence of that all through the Bible. Starting with Adam and Eve. God Commanded them not to eat from the fruit of the tree. He gave them a choice.

The absence of all scripture except your mention of John 6:29 in your post demonstrates the complete void of your "plethora of passages" that you believe nullifies "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

Your heart makes false statements about God. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!
context does not support you

You have assumed a meaning for the phrase work of God and are not deterred by a contextual analysis of the passage or the fact Calvinists can be found who dispute your claim

1st

Jesus told them they must work

John 6:27 (ESV) — 27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”

2nd Verse 28 defines for us the works of God

John 6:28 (NASB 2020) — 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?”

as what are we to do'

. What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? That is, such things as God will approve. This was the earnest inquiry of men who were seeking to be saved. They had crossed the Sea of Tiberias to seek him; they supposed him to be the Messiah, and they sincerely desired to be taught the way of life; yet it is observable that they expected to find that way as other sinners commonly do—by their works. The idea of doing something to merit salvation is one of the last that the sinner ever surrenders.

Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Luke & John (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 244.

John Calvin: “People who infer from this passage that faith is God’s gift are mistaken, for Christ does not show here what God produces in us, but what God wants and requires from us.” (The Crossway Classic Commentaries: John; Crossway Books; Wheaton, IL; 1994, p.393)

This is the work of God. This is the thing that will be acceptable to God, or which you are to do in order to be saved. Jesus did not tell them they had nothing to do, or that they were to sit down and wait, but that there was a work to perform, and that was a duty that was imperative. It was to believe on the Messiah. This is the work which sinners are to do; and doing this they will be saved, for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth, Ro. 10:4.11 Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Luke & John (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 244.

Believe. Faith is put as a moral act or work. The work of God is to believe. Faith includes all the works which God requires. The Jews’ question contemplates numerous works. Jesus’ answer directs them to one work. Canon Westcott justly observes that “this simple formula contains the complete solution of the relation of faith and works.”11 Marvin Richardson Vincent, Word Studies in the New Testament (vol. 2; New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1887), 148–149.

The meaning is not,—that faith is wrought in us by God, is the work of God; but that the truest way of working the work of God is to believe on Him whom He hath sent.11 Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 761.

Messianic work.

28. τί ποιῶμεν …; What must we do (v. 5) that we may work? Perhaps they understood Him to mean that they must earn what they desire; certainly they see that Christ’s words have a moral meaning; they must do the works required by God. But how?

29. τὸ ἔργον. They probably thought of works of the law, tithes, sacrifices, &c. He tells them of one work, one moral act, from which all the rest derive their value, continuous belief (πιστεύητε, not πιστεύσητε) in Him whom God has sent. Comp. Acts 16:31. On ἵνα and ἀπέστειλεν see on 1:8, 33, 4:47, 17:3.1

1 A. Plummer, The Gospel according to S. John (Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges; Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1896), 155.

τὰ ἔργα τοῦ θεοῦ must not be taken to mean ‘the works which God works,’ but, as in Jer. 48:10 (31:10 LXX): 1 Cor. 15:58, the works well pleasing to God.11 Henry Alford, Alford’s Greek Testament: An Exegetical and Critical Commentary (vol. 1; Grand Rapids, MI: Guardian Press, 1976), 760–761.

3rd the Jews clearly understood it was they who were to believe

John 6:30 (KJV 1900) — 30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

fourth Christ affirmed there is something they must do never correcting them

John 6:32–40 (ESV) — 32 Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.” 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

You have isolated verse 29 from its context and assumed its meaning

No Word of God states man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God!

1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

Choose Whom You Will Serve​

14 “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

If you believed scripture you would not post such comments

Deuteronomy 30:11–19 (ESV) — 11 “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. 16 If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,

Joshua 24:15–22 (ESV) — 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 Then the people answered, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods, 17 for it is the LORD our God who brought us and our fathers up from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery, and who did those great signs in our sight and preserved us in all the way that we went, and among all the peoples through whom we passed. 18 And the LORD drove out before us all the peoples, the Amorites who lived in the land. Therefore we also will serve the LORD, for he is our God.” 19 But Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the LORD, for he is a holy God. He is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions or your sins. 20 If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you harm and consume you, after having done you good.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 Then Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD, to serve him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

Even in the face of all of your errors, as shown in the following.
Are you seriously denying that we are volitional beings??? Don't you know that we must willingly believe in Christ or else it's a sham. God is not fooled. Whoever does not commit his will towards believing God will not be saved.

Also, your verbiosity adds up to nothing. That's made obvious by your rants about ekection. There are types and attributes/aspects of Election and you are blending them together and mixing them up into one massive mess of distortion.

Last edited:
If you believed scripture you would not post such comments

Deuteronomy 30:11–19 (ESV) — 11 “For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it. 15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. 16 If you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you today, by loving the LORD your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,

Joshua 24:15–22 (ESV) — 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 Then the people answered, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods, 17 for it is the LORD our God who brought us and our fathers up from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery, and who did those great signs in our sight and preserved us in all the way that we went, and among all the peoples through whom we passed. 18 And the LORD drove out before us all the peoples, the Amorites who lived in the land. Therefore we also will serve the LORD, for he is our God.” 19 But Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the LORD, for he is a holy God. He is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions or your sins. 20 If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you harm and consume you, after having done you good.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 Then Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD, to serve him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
Yes it’s pitting 1 verse against the entire Bible that contradicts his position.

The following indented section was newly drafted for the post to which you responded. It was not "repeating" as you so blatantly disregarded the post content.

This is the Word of God that "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

The above statement establishes an equivalency. A form of definition is established. The commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) is the Word of God.

Now that we've seen the commutative principle in action, let's look the specific Word of God.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

The above statement establishes an equivalency; in other words, a definition occurs. As before, the commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.

"You believing in Him whom He has sent is the work of God" (John 6:29).

THE WORD OF GOD WONDROUSLY DEFINES MAN BELIEVING IN CHRIST SPECIFICALLY AS THE EXCLUSIVE WORK OF GOD.

In Truth (John 14:6), the work of God is the act of God.

You wrote "1st Verse 28 defines for us the works of God" which is you rejecting the definition of faith/belief by the Word of God, and it is you adding to the Word of God resulting in "This is NOT THE WORK OF GOD BUT THIS IS the work of MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (the tradition of TomL 6:28).

The balance of post 1,893 remains Truth (John 14:6).

The following indented section was newly drafted for the post to which you responded. It was not "repeating" as you so blatantly disregarded the post content.
This is the Word of God that "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).​
The above statement establishes an equivalency. A form of definition is established. The commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.​
"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) is the Word of God.​
Now that we've seen the commutative principle in action, let's look the specific Word of God.​
"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).​
The above statement establishes an equivalency; in other words, a definition occurs. As before, the commutative principle applies that the below statement is a precise conceptual duplicate of the above statement.​
"You believing in Him whom He has sent is the work of God" (John 6:29).​
THE WORD OF GOD WONDROUSLY DEFINES MAN BELIEVING IN CHRIST SPECIFICALLY AS THE EXCLUSIVE WORK OF GOD.​
The work of God is the deed of God.​
The work of God is something that God does.​
In Truth (John 14:6), the work of God is the act of God.​
You wrote "1st Verse 28 defines for us the works of God" which is you rejecting the definition of faith/belief by the Word of God, and it is you adding to the Word of God resulting in "This is NOT THE WORK OF GOD BUT THIS IS the work of MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (the tradition of TomL 6:28).​

The balance of post 1,893 remains Truth (John 14:6).

It still completely ignores context as seen here

https://berean-apologetics.community.forum/threads/an-article-on-free-will.1287/post-71057

PS you quote the same verse in order to prove the verse you quote

In a word absurd

Further you arrive at your definition apart a contextual analysis of the passage

viz

It is totally gratuitous ignoring the text

John 6:28 (ESV) — 28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?”

Clearly what God requires of man is in view

Last edited:
It still completely ignores context as seen here

https://berean-apologetics.community.forum/threads/an-article-on-free-will.1287/post-71057

PS you quote the same verse in order to prove the verse you quote

In a word absurd

Further you arrive at your definition apart a contextual analysis of the passage

viz

It is totally gratuitous ignoring the text

John 6:28 (ESV) — 28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?”

Clearly what God requires of man is in view

Regarding Ephesians 2

It is true that "this" or "that" is gender neutral, so it may refer to an entire phrase or in some instances, refer to "faith" which is feminine ("grace" is also feminine). So I'll concede that point insofar as it may refer to the phrase "by grace you are having been saved". However:
  1. Having faith cannot be a work (else the contrast in Ephesians 2 would be meaningless).
  2. Whether faith is given by God is simply not definitively addressed in Ephesians 2—either could fit the language. Other evidence from Scripture needs to be advanced to resolve that debate.
  3. "This is the Work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent" is the other evidence that is needed, because to say that it is the work of man contradicts Ephesians 2, since faith cannot be a work.

Regarding Ephesians 2

It is true that "this" or "that" is gender neutral, so it may refer to an entire phrase or in some instances, refer to "faith" which is feminine ("grace" is also feminine). So I'll concede that point insofar as it may refer to the phrase "by grace you are having been saved". However:
  1. Having faith cannot be a work (else the contrast in Ephesians 2 would be meaningless).
  2. Whether faith is given by God is simply not definitively addressed in Ephesians 2—either could fit the language. Other evidence from Scripture needs to be advanced to resolve that debate.
  3. "This is the Work of God that you believe in Him whom He has sent" is the other evidence that is needed, because to say that it is the work of man contradicts Ephesians 2, since faith cannot be a work.
No A neuter touto takes a reference according to sense a conceptual refference

Eph 2concern salvation

Chafer Theological Seminary | Reverse-Engineered …

WEBNeuter forms of houtos virtually always have conceptual referents, so readers would look for a conceptual (multi-word) referent when Paul opens a new clause with kai. tou/to.

A better way to understand the gift of God in verse 8 is to view
tou'to as referring to the concept of by -grace through faith salvation. ―As we have seen,
tou'to regularly takes a conceptual antecedent
BLIOTHECA SACRA 164 (July – September 2007): 259

"This is NOT THE WORK OF GOD BUT THIS IS the work of MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent"​
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. John 6:27

But for connects the readers to the ones doing the work at the beginning of the sentence! He tells them do not work for food that spoils but, but, but, but (that means THEM still) but they are to work for a different type of thing Stop blatantly slaughtering the basic usage of language and saying it's not so! I could take you to kids and grade school and they'd tell you stop being ridiculous in what you're saying. I could take you to any court of law and you'd be laughed out of court for your claims of denying it.

.... and it is you adding to the Word of God resulting in "This is NOT THE WORK OF GOD BUT THIS IS the work of MAN, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (the tradition of TomL 6:28).​
If that's Tom's tradition he should stay with it. It's the genuine tradition of the true word of God and has also verse 27 to back it up.
Your heart makes false statements about God.
Sorry but clearly projecting.

Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. John 6:27

But for connects the readers to the ones doing the work at the beginning of the sentence! He tells them do not work for food that spoils but, but, but, but (that means THEM still) but they are to work for a different type of thing Stop blatantly slaughtering the basic usage of language and saying it's not so! I could take you to kids and grade school and they'd tell you stop being ridiculous in what you're saying. I could take you to any court of law and you'd be laughed out of court for your claims of denying it.
Its funny how many people we talk to have such poor English comprehension skills. The best anti-Heresy tool available is teach people Basic English 101.

yep

(AUV) Jesus answered them, is the deed that God requires: You should believe in Him whom God has sent [i.e., in Jesus].
(BBE) Jesus, answering, said to them, This is to do the work of God: to have faith in him whom God has sent.
(CEV) Jesus answered, "God wants you to have faith in the one he sent."
(Mace) Jesus answered them, the work which God requires is to believe on him whom he hath sent.
(ERV) Jesus answered, "The work God wants you to do is this: to believe in the one he sent."
(FBV) Jesus replied, God wants you to do is to trust in the one he sent.
(GNB) Jesus answered, "What God wants you to do is to believe in the one he sent."
(GSNT) Jesus answered them, "The work God has for you is to believe in the messenger that he has sent to you."
(LONT) Jesus answered, This is the work which God requires-- that you believe on him whom he has sent forth.
(NET) Jesus replied, “This is the deed God requires – to believe in the one whom he sent.
(NJB) Jesus gave them this answer, 'This is carrying out God's work: you must believe in the one he has sent.'
(Knox NT) Jesus answered them, This is the service God asks of you, to believe in the Man whom he has sent.
(TCNT) "The work that God would have you do," answered Jesus, "is to believe in him whom God sent as his Messenger."
(TPT) Jesus answered, “The work you can do for God starts with believing in the One he has sent.”
(UDB) Jesus replied, What Yahweh wants you to do is this: Trust in me, the one he has sent.
(Williams) Jesus answered them, "The work that God demands of you is this, to believe in the messenger whom He has sent."
(UST) Jesus replied, "What God wants you to do is this: Trust in me, the one he has sent."
(WIKI) “What God wants,” Jesus replied, “is that you trust the one he sent.”

yep

(AUV) Jesus answered them, is the deed that God requires: You should believe in Him whom God has sent [i.e., in Jesus].
(BBE) Jesus, answering, said to them, This is to do the work of God: to have faith in him whom God has sent.
(CEV) Jesus answered, "God wants you to have faith in the one he sent."
(Mace) Jesus answered them, the work which God requires is to believe on him whom he hath sent.
(ERV) Jesus answered, "The work God wants you to do is this: to believe in the one he sent."
(FBV) Jesus replied, God wants you to do is to trust in the one he sent.
(GNB) Jesus answered, "What God wants you to do is to believe in the one he sent."
(GSNT) Jesus answered them, "The work God has for you is to believe in the messenger that he has sent to you."
(LONT) Jesus answered, This is the work which God requires-- that you believe on him whom he has sent forth.
(NET) Jesus replied, “This is the deed God requires – to believe in the one whom he sent.
(NJB) Jesus gave them this answer, 'This is carrying out God's work: you must believe in the one he has sent.'
(Knox NT) Jesus answered them, This is the service God asks of you, to believe in the Man whom he has sent.
(TCNT) "The work that God would have you do," answered Jesus, "is to believe in him whom God sent as his Messenger."
(TPT) Jesus answered, “The work you can do for God starts with believing in the One he has sent.”
(UDB) Jesus replied, What Yahweh wants you to do is this: Trust in me, the one he has sent.
(Williams) Jesus answered them, "The work that God demands of you is this, to believe in the messenger whom He has sent."
(UST) Jesus replied, "What God wants you to do is this: Trust in me, the one he has sent."
(WIKI) “What God wants,” Jesus replied, “is that you trust the one he sent.”

Wow, what a collection of crappy translations. Even the Tree of Life and Amplified Bible versions have it as the work of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom