An Article on free will

@Cyrus

Nothing Spiritual as it regards Salvation? Justification before God, in that they are dead to God
Just take a look at the teaching of Jesus in John chapter 3, when He described salvation using the analogy of the brass serpent. Those who had been bitten by the poisonous snakes had to respond in faith by looking at the brass snake. If they were spiritually dead, they could not have done this.

I dont care who you talking about. Man naturally is dead to God Spiritually, in fact Adam brought man into this condition by His act Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one[Adam] many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Now if you keep asking me a million times, you get the same answer a million times
This is how he is made alive

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

The biggest problem with Calvinism is that, when consistently followed to its logical end, it teaches that God does not truly love everyone. This is deeply problematic from both a theological and biblical standpoint, as a perfect divine being must love everyone without fail (or by definition he would not be God) and as revealed Scripture verse that love is so integral to God’s character that it can be described as part of his essence “God is love” in 1 John 4:8, 16.

The biggest problem with Calvinism is that, when consistently followed to its logical end, it teaches that God does not truly love everyone. This is deeply problematic from both a theological and biblical standpoint, as a perfect divine being must love everyone without fail (or by definition he would not be God) and as revealed Scripture verses that love is so integral to God’s character that it can be described as part of his essence “God is love” in 1 John 4:8, 16.
And that is contrary to what Jesus taught

Matthew 5:44 (ESV) — 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

I dont care who you talking about. Man naturally is dead to God Spiritually, in fact Adam brought man into this condition by His act Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one[Adam] many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Now if you keep asking me a million times, you get the same answer a million times
This is the result of not having the love of God you end up imitating your dictator god. You're unloving god is pleased to ordain some people to wrath for their sins so that his glory and justice might be made known. The problem of it is that just plain don't work because God is not willing that any should perish. The Bible tells us God is love in 1 John 4:8, but where's the love in Calvinism?

And that is contrary to what Jesus taught

Matthew 5:44 (ESV) — 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”John 13:35

Just take a look at the teaching of Jesus in John chapter 3, when He described salvation using the analogy of the brass serpent. Those who had been bitten by the poisonous snakes had to respond in faith by looking at the brass snake. If they were spiritually dead, they could not have done this.
You have to be alive to look, if a person isn't spiritually alive they cant spiritually see Jesus. When the thief on the cross all of the sudden Looked at Jesus as the King, that was a spiritual sight he was given. What you fail to realize we talking about spiritual matters. Before regeneration a person is spiritually blind, you didnt know that did you ?

This is how he is made alive

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Man is dead to God before regeneration.

This is the result of not having the love of God you end up imitating your dictator god. You're unloving god is pleased to ordain some people to wrath for their sins so that his glory and justice might be made known. The problem of it is that just plain don't work because God is not willing that any should perish. The Bible tells us God is love in 1 John 4:8, but where's the love in Calvinism?
Scoffing and blaspheming will get you nowhere friend. And God is willing that some perish, He created them for that very purpose, to condemn them for their sins Justly. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9. He never loved them.

Again faith precedes life

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Acts 11:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 5:24–25 (KJV 1900) — 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Scoffing and blaspheming will get you nowhere friend. And God is willing that some perish, He created them for that very purpose, to condemn them for their sins Justly. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9. He never loved them.
But that sounds like Scoffing and blasphemy to me cuz the Bible says:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That is that too with God creating people that would perish and spend eternity in hell?

You need to jump on the free will bandwagon, I'll save you a seat. I'll even let you beat the drum.

Again faith precedes life

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Acts 11:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 5:24–25 (KJV 1900) — 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

But that sounds like Scoffing and blasphemy to me cuz the Bible says:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That is that too with God creating people that would perish and spend eternity in hell?

You need to jump on the free will bandwagon, I'll save you a seat. I'll even let you beat the drum.
Jn 3:16 is the elect.

With our wills are freed, we can either accept God’s saving grace in faith or reject it to our own ruin. Regeneration doesn't have anything to do with it till after the salvation.

As always you ignore scripture showing how man is made alive

Faith precedes life

regeneration

John 3:16 is a Bible verse, what are you talking about. I'm going to help you out. World doesn't really mean world it means the elect. There you go. some nice calvinistic mumbo jumbo.
Sure its a scripture, and it refers only to the Loved Elect World, the Jacobs Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Those who are believing in Jn 3:16 are the Called according to the purpose of election.

Faith precedes life

Man is dead to God before regeneration. His will isnt free neither, its dead in sin and under sins dominion. And as I have told you before many times, those references in John refer to the Sheep the regenerate Sheep at that. Life is specifically for them Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they[Sheep] might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep

Man is dead to God before regeneration. His will isnt free neither, its dead in sin and under sins dominion. And as I have told you before many times, those references in John refer to the Sheep the regenerate Sheep at that. Life is specifically for them Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they[Sheep] might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep
You still ignore these

Faith precedes life

Sure its a scripture, and it refers only to the Loved Elect World, the Jacobs Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Those who are believing in Jn 3:16 are the Called according to the purpose of election.
Unless one is twisting the scripture world means world, not the elect.

It is always important to study Bible verses in context, and it is especially true with 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”.

Election is not at all what the verse is talking about. God knows that not everyone will come to repentance. That they can use their free will choice to reject him. You do not have to be one of the elect in order to be saved, You can choose Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom