An Article on free will

You still ignore these

As always you ignore scripture showing how man is made alive

Faith precedes life

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

John 6:53 (KJV 1900) — 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Acts 11:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 5:24–25 (KJV 1900) — 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Man is dead to God before regeneration. His will isnt free neither, its dead in sin and under sins dominion. And as I have told you before many times, those references in John refer to the Sheep the regenerate Sheep at that. Life is specifically for them Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they[Sheep] might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep

Unless one is twisting the scripture world means world, not the elect.

It is always important to study Bible verses in context, and it is especially true with 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance”.

Election is not at all what the verse is talking about. God knows that not everyone will come to repentance. That they can use their free will choice to reject him. You do not have to be one of the elect in order to be saved, You can choose Jesus.
In John 3:16 world is the elect or the Church Eph 5:25 and 2 Pet 3:9 is the elect

In John 3:16 world is the elect or the Church Eph 5:25 and 2 Pet 3:9 is the elect
In John 3:16 world is not just the elect neither is the church. That's a fallacy found in Calvinism. It's called deception when people have their Hearts Blinded To The Truth. John 8:32 is what elect need but do not possess.

In John 3:16 world is not just the elect neither is the church. That's a fallacy found in Calvinism. It's called deception when people have their Hearts Blinded To The Truth. John 8:32 is what elect need but do not possess.
The exact word doesnt have to be there, its still the elect in Jn 3:16 and 2 Pet 3:9

The exact word doesnt have to be there, its still the elect in Jn 3:16 and 2 Pet 3:9
yes it does otherwise you read elect into every bible verse. the word is only used 23 times in the entire N.T. That is 23/136,162. That is .0001689 %

otherwise known as eisegesis.

William D Mounce writes the following about the Greek words in the New Testament:

There are 5,437 different words in the New Testament. They occur a total of 138,162 times. But there are only 319 words (5.8% of the total number) that occur 50 times or more . . . These 319 words account for 110,425 word occurrences, or 79.92% of the total word count, almost four out of five.[1]

David M. Steimle writes this about the Greek New Testament,

NT has only 138,162 words drawn from 5,437 words.[2]

Each book of the New Testament has some unique Greek words that the Holy Spirit used in order to teach important truths, but the book of Hebrews has the largest number at 154.[3]

Conclusion:​

We thank our God that the New Testament was written mainly in the Greek language because of the wide range of words the Holy Spirit could use to teach us truth.

Last edited:
Scoffing and blaspheming will get you nowhere friend. And God is willing that some perish, He created them for that very purpose, to condemn them for their sins Justly. They are called vessels of wrath Rom 9. He never loved them.
Since I need a free will choice to believe in Jesus I will get somewhere, And I'll Be there for eternity with Jesus his word tells me so. Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.

Unlike you're unloving god found in Calvinism. How arrogant it is to believe that God created some people just so they would reject him and other people who would claim to be the elect. So sad:cry:

yes it does otherwise you read elect into every bible verse. the word is only used 23 times in the entire N.T. That is 23/136,162. That is .0001689 %

otherwise known as eisegesis.

William D Mounce writes the following about the Greek words in the New Testament:

There are 5,437 different words in the New Testament. They occur a total of 138,162 times. But there are only 319 words (5.8% of the total number) that occur 50 times or more . . . These 319 words account for 110,425 word occurrences, or 79.92% of the total word count, almost four out of five.[1]

David M. Steimle writes this about the Greek New Testament,

NT has only 138,162 words drawn from 5,437 words.[2]

Each book of the New Testament has some unique Greek words that the Holy Spirit used in order to teach important truths, but the book of Hebrews has the largest number at 154.[3]

Conclusion:​

We thank our God that the New Testament was written mainly in the Greek language because of the wide range of words the Holy Spirit could use to teach us truth.

Agsin the exact word " Elect" doesnt have to be present to be meaning the elect in Jn 3:16 or 2 Pet 3:9 its a given

Since I need a free will choice to believe in Jesus I will get somewhere, And I'll Be there for eternity with Jesus his word tells me so. Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.

Unlike you're unloving god found in Calvinism. How arrogant it is to believe that God created some people just so they would reject him and other people who would claim to be the elect. So sad:cry:
Friend, you are deceived.

Agsin the exact word " Elect" doesnt have to be present to be meaning the elect in Jn 3:16 or 2 Pet 3:9 its a given
Unless of course one knows how to rightly dividing the scripture

According to 2 Timothy 2:15, "rightly dividing" the Word of Truth means teaching Scripture accurately, as a single, unified whole, without being turned aside by false teaching or man-made agendas. The concept of rightly dividing the Word of Truth is grounded on the fact that it is "the Word of truth." The Apostle Paul thought of God's Word in terms of its right division, that is, times past, but now, and ages to come. He thought of what God was doing in the past, what God is doing now, and what God is going to be doing in the future. The concept of rightly dividing the Word of Truth is a key to how one interprets the book of Zechariah, all the prophetic books and passages throughout the Bible, and the entire Word of God.

Friend, I'm sorry that you don't

Not even close. I know Jesus loves me. I know that I know that I know. I serve a loving God. He's the author of my salvation, not John Calvin.

Calvin was a novice.

The thing about human beings is once they commit openly to a position..... Very few will ever abandon it whether it is right or wrong.

If they admit they were wrong, then they MUST admit that God wasn't in what they were believing.......

They certainly can't have that.....

And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?” (Lord Jesus Christ, Luke 12:57).

The phrase "choose God" is absent from Deuteronomy 30:11–19 and Joshua 24:15–22.

Isreal was punished for opposition to God after the Deuteronomy 30:11–19 and Joshua 24:15–22, so God conferred no ability to choose God in Deuteronomy 30:11–19 and Joshua 24:15–22.

The Hebrew Word For “Choose” And It’s Conjugates Is בָּחר (bachar) Strong’s Number 977

Beholding Joshua 24:15

Joshua expresses a conditional logic statement in Joshua 24:15, and a conditional logic statement is normally an IF/THEN construct, for example:

IF condition THEN predicate

Stated in a more Joshua 24:15 focused fashion.

IF you_do_this that_will_happen

Thus, the conditional expresses an action in the condition (you_do_this), and the effectual result in the predicate (that_will_happen).

A conditional does not convey ability to the recipient of the conditional.

Now, the conditional logic statement Joshua expressed was “If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD” (Joshua 24:15), so the condition (you_do_this) is “to serve the LORD is disagreeable in your eyes”; furthermore, Joshua 24:15 contains no reference to “choice” nor “free will” towards God . The condition Joshua expressed states the condition/state-of-being/nature of the person.

Disagreeable does not mean choose.

In the predicate Joshua provides only false gods to choose among for the those people whose nature is against the LORD, for Joshua said “choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living” (Joshua 24:15), and the word “choose” in this verse is translated from בָּחר (bachar) (Strong’s Number 977).

Finaly, Joshua states “[b[but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD[/b[“, and there is no reference to “choice” nor “free will” towards God (Joshua 24:15).

A state of being, “disagreeable”, is mentioned in Joshua 24:15, and action, “serve”, is mentioned in Joshua 24:15.

There is no choice towards God mentioned in Joshua 24:15

Beholding The Larger Context Surrounding Joshua 24:15

No scripture states that the people in attendance actually chose the gods of their fathers or that they chose the gods of the Amorites, not in Joshua 24:15, not elsewhere.
I am not necessarily saying that they could not choose the gods of their fathers or the gods of the Amorites.

The people said "We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God" (Joshua 24:18).

Joshua declared to the people in response "You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins" (Joshua 24:19).

JOSHUA JUST TOLD THEM THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SERVE GOD.

The people then said to Joshua, "No, but we will serve YHWH." (Joshua 24:21).

Joshua responded to the people with "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves YHWH, to serve Him." (Joshua 24:22)

JOSHUA JUST TOLD THEM THAT THEY ARE "WITNESSES AGAINST YOURSELVES", SO THEY TESTIFIED TO THE CONDEMNATION OF THEMSELVES.

When a person is a "witness for a defendant", then such a one is a proponent for the defendant; in other words, a witness for the defendant. This scenario outlines testimony for justification of the defendant.

When a person is a "witness against a defendant", then such a one is an opponent against the defendant; in other words, a witness against the defendant. This scenario outlines testimony for condemnation of the defendant.

The truth is there is no free will in the passage.

Regarding when Joshua said "You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him" (Joshua 24:22):

From the time that Joshua commanded "Now therefore, put away the foreign gods which are in your midst" (Joshua 24:23) until after Joshua's death (Joshua 24:29) and after Othneil (Judges 3:9) and after Ehud (Judges 3:15) and after Shamgar (Judges 3:31) and after Deborah and Barak (Judges 4-5) and after Gideon (Judges 6-8) and after Tola (Judges 10:1) and after Jair (Judges 10:3), it was not until after all that time that...

After all that time it is written "they put away the foreign gods from among them" (Judges 10:16), and there is no record of the Israelites putting away the foreign Gods prior to that time.

Judges 10:16 contains the first occurrence of "foreign gods" after Joshua 24:23.

So there is no record of the people in attendance fulfilling Joshua's command of "Now therefore, put away the foreign gods which are in your midst" (Joshua 24:23), and non-performance of the command shows fruit contrary of their choice mentioned by Joshua.

Beholding The Corollary Between Joshua's Words And Jesus' Words - Expressing The Exclusive Power Of God For God And Man Communing​

Joshua declared "You will not be able to serve YHWH" (Joshua 24:19, and recall Joshua saying the people chose God in a pejorative manner in Joshua 24:22).
Lord Yeshua declares "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16).

The Lord is a Holy God (Joshua 24:19), and no man can enter the presence of God by the man's own autonomous power (Matthew 19:25-26).

BEHOLD THE DISTINCT COROLLARY BETWEEN JOSHUA'S WORDS AND YESHUA'S WORDS - THAT MAN IS IMPOTENT AT CHOOSING GOD.

Joshua declared "He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins" (Joshua 24:19).

Lord Yeshua declares "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

The Lord is a jealous God (Joshua 24:19), so God does not share the glory of choosing man unto salvation (Isaiah 42:8).

BEHOLD ANOTHER DISTINCT COROLLARY BETWEEN JOSHUA'S WORDS AND YESHUA'S WORDS - THAT GOD EXCLUSIVELY CONTROLS FORGIVENESS OF SINS UNTO SALVATION.

(1) The scripture in Joshua 24 never indicates that the people chose God with God's blessing.

(2) Joshua told the people that they are "witnesses against yourselves" (Joshua 24:22), so the people testified to the condemnation of themselves.

(3) From the time that Joshua commanded to the people in attendance "Now therefore, put away the foreign gods which are in your midst" (Joshua 24:23) at least 245 years* transpired until another generation of people "put away the foreign gods from among them" (Judges 10:16), and there is no record of the Israelites putting away the foreign gods prior to that time, and non-performance of the command (Joshua 24:23) shows fruit contrary of the people in attendance choice mentioned by Joshua (Joshua 24:22).

* 40 years (Judges 3:11) + 80 years (Judges 3:30) + 40 years (Judges 5:31) + 40 years (Judges 8:28) + 23 years (Judges 10:2) + 22 years (Judges 10:3) = 245 years

The Truth (John 14:6) is no scripture states that man was imparted free will, in particular, the ability to choose God unto man being saved from the wrath of God, for God reserses this glorious work unto God's majestic glory alone (John 15:16, John 15:19, includes salvation).

Joshua Deuteronomy 30:11–19 and Joshua 24:15–22 are not proof texts free-will, in fact, free-will is nonsense according to the Word of God who says:
  • you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • I chose you out of the world” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • What I say to you I say to all” (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 – Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written “do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar” (Proverbs 30:6).

No Word of God states man was imparted the ability to choose God - God reserves the glory of man's salvation unto God!

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without us being required to do any kind of work because the Word of God says “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)!
(Rev 22:17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let the one hearing say, Come! And let the one who is thirsty come. And he willing, let him take of the Water of Life freely.

Notice the word “willingly” in Rev 22:17. That is what we’re capable of doing. We are volitional beings that can exercise the ability to “come” to the Spirit and the bride. It would be idiotic to ask a human to “come” if he is a non-volitional being. So how do we “come” to the Spirit? Do we do that autonomously? Of course not. It is because God wills that all men be saved (1 Tim 2:4) that we are given that ability. What exactly is that ability that God grants us? It is the Word of God and our God-given hearing of the Word of God (Rom 10:17) that gives us that ability. Take note that nowhere does Rom 10 even imply that regeneration is needed for us to us to hear the Word of God. Regeneration happens after Belief in Christ.

So where do Calvinists go terribly wrong in understanding this? It’s because they believe that human will and all its manifestations is purely a part of our nature and not our personhood. Granted, our human will is an attribute of our human nature, just as seeing is, but the manner of willing does not depend on nature but on our personhood (our judgment), just as one’s seeing does, whether well or poorly. For everyone does not will in the same way, nor do they all see in the same way.

In other words, everyone possesses an inate human will that's part of your God-given nature. What you do with it willingly is based on your personality and personal choice.

Furthermore, it is not nature that sins, it is us as a person who sins. God did not create a sinful nature. He is not a pagan god that creates sinful things. Our human nature came straight from God. God does not produce sinful anything, let alone a sin nature. Only pagan gods produce sinful things. It is us, as persons, who sin and degrade ourselves. Granted, our bodies do decay and die but that is a consequence of Adam's sin and not because God is in the business of creating sinful nature.

If human nature is sinful then what does that make Jesus who took up the very same human nature we all have? Newsflash! It's not human nature that sins. People sin.

This is made evident during our sanctification. When a person receives a “new” nature, he as a person does not become an entirely new volitional agent. Rather, he begins to operate in accordance with either competing natures. Indwelling sin continues to assert influence, but that influence diminishes as the believer aligns himself more in step with his new nature and the indwelling Spirit.

Jn 3:16 and 2 Pet 3:9 refers to the elect, no matter what you say
It's not what I say that's important, but what the Bible teaches. The scriptures, you know the ones you misinterpreted. Trying to infer that the world means only the elect. Who would fall for that? No matter how hard you try to defend Calvinism anyone that knows the truth is not going to believe it.

Back
Top Bottom