An Article on free will

As stated, no force at all, men willingly do the things God predetermined that they do.
So they are programmed? Like we're all computers and the ones that are predestined to eternal punishment have a virus. And the ones that run smoothly are connected to the main server. I think I got it now. And when we sin it's like we crashed. We need more RAM.

So they are programmed? Like we're all computers and the ones that are predestined to eternal punishment have a virus. And the ones that run smoothly are connected to the main server. I think I got it now. And when we sin it's like we crashed. We need more RAM.
That's a good analogy. Some Christians may have been hacked and are operating under a strong delusion. There is hope, Scrub that hard drive. The truth will set you free.

It is on Gods side, His will didnt get accomplished, that means mans will trumped Gods will, thats a sorry god if you ask me,
So what about what I asked you though? Do you believe it would be right and just for a male to force a female to be in relationship with them to say be married? I mean he's bigger and stronger then she.....would he be a sorry male for not using his ability?

So what about what I asked you though? Do you believe it would be right and just for a male to force a female to be in relationship with them to say be married? I mean he's bigger and stronger then she.....would he be a sorry male for not using his ability?
I think first you would have to define your terms. Like is this female predestined to be married to this male. If they were Muslims and Allah was their god I'm sure they would get away with it. If not her father would have to do the "honor killing" as she dishonored the family by not complying.

The Mormon (FLDS Church Warren Jeffs Got away with it for years till the FBI got him. Hopefully he'll never see the light of day outside prison walls.

So no matter how you look at it it's not right.

Are any of them sorry for what they did, that probably not. And in Jeffs case he's probably sorry he got caught. The main thing is it's not loving and it's not the way God created marriages and relationships to be. First of all we want to show the person how much we love them and hopefully we'll get to see that they love us. Add any type of force to the picture and love is tossed out the window.

And that's my opinion of Calvinism. If God forces us to come to him then it's like Theophilus thread "where is the love In Calvinism?"

Force isnt in the equation, man unjustly puts it there, Gods making or causing one to do something, they will do it willingly. Jesus going to the cross to die for the sins of the elect was predetermined by God yet He did it willingly Lk 22:22

And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

And there is many other instances in scripture where things, people have been predetermined a course of action by Gods counsel and yet they did it willingly without being forced as people say. People bring that word in because of their hatred of predestination.
You have God using his power to determine man's will. That is the use of force.

That’s because God forces no one to love and obey him except in some people’s theology which is misguided
@The Rogue Tomato

You said, "Yes, a disappointed God who wants to save everyone, but most men won't let him."

You error in your thinking. God is not disappointed but grieved, which is worse than disappointed.

What do you do with these verses, especially the ones where God openly declares his sadness and regret?
  • And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. (Gen 6:6)
  • Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? (Eze 18:23)
  • How often they provoked Him in the wilderness, And grieved Him in the desert! (Psa 78:40)
  • But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them. (Isa 63:10)
  • O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! (Luke 13:34)
  • And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. (Mar 3:5)
  • For forty years I was grieved with that generation, And said, 'It is a people who go astray in their hearts, And they do not know My ways.' So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.' (Psa 95:10-11)
What do you do with Hebrews 2:9, Acts 17:30, and 2 Peter 3:9?
  • But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. (Heb 2:9)
  • The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, (Act 17:30)
  • The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2Pe 3:9)
I could go on and on, but these suffice for now.

All of these excerpts from the bible contextually prove God is saddened, regretful, and takes no pleasure when the wicked die in their sin, and His Son that He sent tasted-experienced death for everyone; whereby God commands all people everywhere to repent, being patient not willing any should perish but come to repentance.

Is God disappointed that people perish? No, it is far worse than that. He is angry and grieved because they refuse Him and instead stay in their sin.

The bible reveals the truth that God desires no one to perish; that He has made the provision for the salvation of all man, all one needs to do is repent and receive it by faith. Those who do are saved. Those who don't are already condemned for not believing in God's Son.

The character of God depicted by Calvinism is according to the man who it is named after, coming 1500 years after the Lord. It is grossly in error to say the least, and is definitely uninspired and a thing of man.

God Bless

@The Rogue Tomato

You said, "Yes, a disappointed God who wants to save everyone, but most men won't let him."

You error in your thinking. God is not disappointed but grieved, which is worse than disappointed.

What do you do with these verses, especially the ones where God openly declares his sadness and regret?
  • And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. (Gen 6:6)
  • Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? (Eze 18:23)
  • How often they provoked Him in the wilderness, And grieved Him in the desert! (Psa 78:40)
  • But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them. (Isa 63:10)
  • O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! (Luke 13:34)
  • And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. (Mar 3:5)
  • For forty years I was grieved with that generation, And said, 'It is a people who go astray in their hearts, And they do not know My ways.' So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest.' (Psa 95:10-11)
What do you do with Hebrews 2:9, Acts 17:30, and 2 Peter 3:9?
  • But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. (Heb 2:9)
  • The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, (Act 17:30)
  • The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2Pe 3:9)
I could go on and on, but these suffice for now.

All of these excerpts from the bible contextually prove God is saddened, regretful, and takes no pleasure when the wicked die in their sin, and His Son that He sent tasted-experienced death for everyone; whereby God commands all people everywhere to repent, being patient not willing any should perish but come to repentance.

Is God disappointed that people perish? No, it is far worse than that. He is angry and grieved because they refuse Him and instead stay in their sin.

The bible reveals the truth that God desires no one to perish; that He has made the provision for the salvation of all man, all one needs to do is repent and receive it by faith. Those who do are saved. Those who don't are already condemned for not believing in God's Son.

The character of God depicted by Calvinism is according to the man who it is named after, coming 1500 years after the Lord. It is grossly in error to say the least, and is definitely uninspired and a thing of man.

God Bless
More sadness, regret, disappointment

Jer. 3:19 “ ‘I said,

How I would set you among my sons,

and give you a pleasant land,

a heritage most beautiful of all nations.

And I thought you would call me, My Father,

and would not turn from following me.

20 Surely, as a treacherous wife leaves her husband,

so have you been treacherous to me, O house of Israel,

declares the LORD.’”

Is. 48:17 Thus says the LORD,

your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:

“I am the LORD your God,

who teaches you to profit,

who leads you in the way you should go.

18 Oh that you had paid attention to my commandments!

Then your peace would have been like a river,

and your righteousness like the waves of the sea;

19 your offspring would have been like the sand,

and your descendants like its grains;

their name would never be cut off

or destroyed from before me.”

Is. 65:11 But you who forsake the LORD,

who forget my holy mountain,

who set a table for Fortune

and fill cups of mixed wine for Destiny,

12 I will destine you to the sword,

and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter,

because, when I called, you did not answer;

when I spoke, you did not listen,

but you did what was evil in my eyes

and chose what I did not delight in.”

Luke 7:30 but the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected the purpose of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.)

Deut. 5:28 “And the LORD heard your words, when you spoke to me. And the LORD said to me, ‘I have heard the words of this people, which they have spoken to you. They are right in all that they have spoken. 29 Oh that they had such a heart as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go well with them and with their descendants forever! 30 Go and say to them, “Return to your tents.” 31 But you, stand here by me, and I will tell you the whole commandment and the statutes and the rules that you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land that I am giving them to possess.’ 32 You shall be careful therefore to do as the LORD your God has commanded you. You shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. 33 You shall walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.

Ezekiel 16:20–21 (ESV) — 20 And you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter 21 that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them?

Ezekiel 23:37–39 (ESV) — 37 For they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands. With their idols they have committed adultery, and they have even offered up to them for food the children whom they had borne to me. 38 Moreover, this they have done to me: they have defiled my sanctuary on the same day and profaned my Sabbaths. 39 For when they had slaughtered their children in sacrifice to their idols, on the same day they came into my sanctuary to profane it. And behold, this is what they did in my house.

2 Chronicles 28:3–5 (ESV) — 3 and he made offerings in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom and burned his sons as an offering, according to the abominations of the nations whom the LORD drove out before the people of Israel. 4 And he sacrificed and made offerings on the high places and on the hills and under every green tree. 5 Therefore the LORD his God gave him into the hand of the king of Syria, who defeated him and took captive a great number of his people and brought them to Damascus. He was also given into the hand of the king of Israel, who struck him with great force.

Hello brother,

May we begin by losing the stigma of free will. This term is laced with so many variations of interpretations that it is useless to use.

Biblically, man is given a will to determine and to act upon. Each man has used his will under deception, or willingly to satisfy the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. This began in the garden with two people who were sinless; one was deceived to use her will to sin and the other knowingly used his will to sin, and this scenario replicates itself to this day.

Man under sin has fallen under the indictment of Romans 3:10-18. And even though man has fallen under this indictment, God instructs man repeatedly to repent and obey Him. Even with Cain, God instructs him how to keep from sinning and have mastery over it, and yet Cain of his own volition followed the passions of the flesh and killed Cain from envy. But with other people we read where they obeyed God and were considered righteous. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah come to mind.

Why does God consider them righteous even though they had sinned? Because they believed God and lived their life according to that belief. Moses as an example. “By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin.” (Heb 11:24-25)

Each example above determined to endure in their faith of God.

Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing instead to be mistreated with his own people than to enjoy the pleasures of sin.

Man most definitely can and does decide to either listen to God and love Him; which means to heed what God says, or man can reject God's message for the love of the world; which is to live in fulfilling the lusts and passions of their flesh with others.

You want a passage to state man has a free will yet stumbling over the obvious throughout the bible that man can decide to obey God or not. In all love, the proverbial straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel applies.

Was Moses forced by God to refuse sin and choose being mistreated with God's people?
Under what power did Moses bow his will?

Moses was not forced to refuse sin and choose what is right. And under no power of anyone but his own volition did he decide to do so.

What about repentance? Does God force anyone to repent? Or does God command men to repent, to have a change of mind and turn away from living to the flesh and live by faith in Him?

What about this post about one must be willing?
One must be willing to accept the invite of God to be saved and joined with Him eternally.
One must be willing for God to save them.
One must be willing to accept Jesus Christ to be given the right to be a child of God.

Nowhere in the bible does it say or imply God makes one willing to repent and believe Him.
The onus of this is upon the hearer to accept by faith God’s invite to be forgiven and live with Him forever. One will either accept God’s invite or not.
One will either refuse sin and choose God like Moses or refuse God and continue in their sin.

As for the rest of your post, it will have to wait until we both come to the consensus of the bible that man does have liberty of will to refuse sin and choose to obey God or not.

God Bless

Hello Joe,

Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ, so I plan to continue using this term in order to avoid any confusion.

You unceremoniously deleted much Word of God, you just slashed Lord Jesus Christ's wonderful sayings.

No Scripture states man can choose God, even unto salvation.

Since you proceeded to preach your thoughts that oppose the very Word of God in the post that your heart removed, I now proclaim the gracious Benefactor of us Christians exclusively produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries’ repent by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries’ love by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE SAVIOR JESUS, MY LORD AND MY GOD!!!

Hello Joe,

Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ, so I plan to continue using this term in order to avoid any confusion.

You unceremoniously deleted much Word of God, you just slashed Lord Jesus Christ's wonderful sayings.

No Scripture states man can choose God, even unto salvation.
Really?

Deuteronomy 30:11–19 (NASB 2020) — 11 “For this commandment which I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it far away. 12 It is not in heaven, that you could say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us and get it for us, and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you could say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us and get it for us and proclaim it to us, so that we may follow it?’ 14 On the contrary, the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may follow it. 15 “See, I have placed before you today life and happiness, and death and adversity, 16 in that I am commanding you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, so that you may live and become numerous, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but allow yourself to be led astray and you worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you will certainly perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and take possession of it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have placed before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,

Joshua 24:15–22 (NASB 2020) — 15 But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we would abandon the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slaves, and did these great signs in our sight and watched over us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God.” 19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your wrongdoing or your sins. 20 If you abandon the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and destroy you after He has done good to you.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 So Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”

Straw man.
Nope it most certainly IS NOT and it strikes right at the heart of the issue when it comes to Calvinists. Do you believe or do you not believe it's an UNJUST thing to force another into a forced emotional love relationship? Wanting to believe the best of you I don't believe any of you do!

I believe you know deep down in your gut, deep down in your spirit and mind that there's no way that can by any stretch of the imagination be considered just and yet you've got this false paradigm of Calvinism holding fast to your minds. It's certainly not worthy of your devotion and acceptance. Here's hoping you'll consider making a change.

Nope it most certainly IS NOT and it strikes right at the heart of the issue when it comes to Calvinists. Do you believe or do you not believe it's an UNJUST thing to force another into a forced emotional love relationship? Wanting to believe the best of you I don't believe any of you do!

I believe you know deep down in your gut, deep down in your spirit and mind that there's no way that can by any stretch of the imagination be considered just and yet you've got this false paradigm of Calvinism holding fast to your minds. It's certainly not worthy of your devotion and acceptance. Here's hoping you'll consider making a change.
Dr white likewise tried to hide from what is an emotional issue in his debate with Leighton Flowers

Sorry you are simply repeating your sorry old claims which were shown insufficient

You have ignored Calvinist commentators, Calvinist Greek Scholars, industry standard lexicons, parallel texts

read your theology into passages where it did not exist.

Twisted passages by appeal to a non parallel text while mishandling an active voice verb as though it was a passive

Receive Christ is something they did not something that happened to them

the active voice refutes your claim

You wrote “Receive Christ is something they did not something that happened to them” is a lie because you illegally reverse the semantics of "receive" as shown in the following; in other words, your folly that man causes himself to receive (lambano) Christ in John 1:12-13 is truly evident by the following.

Your linguistics are so faulty that you said paralambano is part of John 1:12, and when it was shown to you that paralambano is actually in John 1:11, not John 1:12, then afterward you have shown no sign of repentance nor apology for your deception.

Self-willed you (2 Peter 2:9-10), not free-willed you, truly self-willed you are unrepentant after you were shown your linguistic deception that the Greek word παρέλαβον (Strong’s 3880 – paralambanó – to receive from) occurs as the source word for “received” in John 1:12.

Since you brought up “receive” of John 1:11, the Apostle used the word “receive” to illustrate man’s inability to choose to receive [Christ] into one’s house, so to speak; therefore, the very specific Greek word that you brought up proves the error of your free-willian way.

John’s words are “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:12-13), and the word “received” is accurately translated from ἔλαβον (Strong’s 2983 – lambanó – to take, receive), and, indeed, “received” is Aorist and active grammatically.

The Apostle indicates we “born of God” are the ones that God causes to “believe in His name” because we are the “children of God” (a.k.a. the “born of God”) of whom are the ones that God causes us to be the “many as received Him” (John 1:12-13).

The Apostle John specifically disallowed your free-will to “receive” Christ in the passage with John’s words of “nor of the will of man” (John 1:12-13).

“RECEIVE” DEFINITION BY EXAMPLE:

The man received a punch to his face dislocating his septum – not by choice – but in the fury of his assailant’s surprise attack.

The pedestrian received a series of traumatic injuries – not by choice – but as a result of the car jumping the curb.

A lover receives a love letter – not by choice – but in gladness.

Receive means a thing that unavoidably came in from a source to a recipient – receive is not a choice like accept – receive just happens.

“RECEIVE” DEFINITION BY DICTIONARY:

1. TRANSITIVE VERB When you receive something, you get it after someone gives it to you or sends it to you. (Collins COBUILD English Usage (c) HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 2004, 2011, 2012)

There is a keyword in the definition, which is “after”.

The Greek word ἔλαβον (Strong’s 2983 – lambano/elabon – to take, receive) lexicon definition is “receive”, and the specific instance of ἔλαβον used by the Apostle John in John 1:12 is an active indicative aorist verb in the third person; therefore, the word ἔλαβον conveys the active concept of “joyfully” by the recipient of “receive” with the “receive” being initiated and caused by the the source, not the recipient, but truly God is the cause (John 1:12-13), so John conveys “joyfully receive” is the active meaning for ἔλαβον.

“RECEIVE” USAGE IN SCRIPTURE:

The Apostle John wrote “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:12-13).

The Apostle John wrote receiving Christ is a result of being born of God in John 1:12-13.

The Apostle John wrote receiving Christ is not an act of the will of man in John 1:12-13.

The ones who received Christ are the ones “who were born” “of God”.

Let’s follow the blessed chain linking these people of whom John wrote which is the “born of God” (John 1:13, John 3:3-8) links with “believe in His name” (John 1:12, John 6:29) links with “many as received Him” (John 1:12, John 9).

Each of these are exactly the same people:
  • many as received Him
  • children of God
  • believe in His name
  • born of God
See that John explicitly excludes “the will of man” as the cause for all of these.

John 1:12-13 shows that you cannot cause yourself to receive Jesus.

John 1:12-13 shows that God causes people to receive Jesus.

John 1:12-13 shows that you cannot cause yourself to believe in Jesus.

John 1:12-13 shows that God causes people to believe in Jesus.

Again, here is the passage:

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:12-13).

Peter [said] to them, ‘Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.'” (Acts 2:38-39, this was Peter’s response after the people who were pierced to the heart by Peter’s proclamation of the Word of God inquired “Brethren, what shall we do” in Acts 2:14-37)

Peter issued the command “think differently from now on” (repent) and the command “be immersed in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins” and here is where “receive” comes in, “you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” which is an act of God.

The word “receive” means “unavoidably enters”; on the other hand, the word “accept” means “allowed to enter”.

The work of “accept” is specifically disallowed in the passage with “nor of the will of man” because man causes not man to be “born of God” nor man causes to “believe in His name”, whom are the “children of God”, nor man causes to be the “many as received Him” (John 1:12-13).

The grammatical sense of the word “receive” indicates Christ “unavoidably enters” a joyfully receptive person according to the Power of God (1 Corinthians 1:24) because the Apostle indicates the “born of God” are the ones that God causes to “believe in His name”, whom are the “children of God”, whom are the ones that God causes to be the “many as received Him” (John 1:12-13).

Since you are so very focused on the BAGD throughout your prior post, even in your closing paragraph:

e. take up, receive—α. τινὰ someone εἰς into (Wsd 8:18) lit. εἰς τὸ πλοῖον take someone (up) into the boat J 6:21. εἰς οἰκίαν receive someone into one’s house 2J 10. εἰς τὰ ἴδια into his own home J 19:27. Receive someone in the sense of recognizing his authority J 1:12; 5:43a, b;
then the following needs to be recognized:
  • that God controls the “received” and the “recognizing his authority” are entirely controlled by God for it is written “it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13) – THE CONCEPT EMPHASIZED IN YOUR CLOSING PARAGRAPH IS NOT CONTROLLED BY MAN.
  • that BAGD extended the “take up, receive” definition of lambano in your heart with “receive someone into one’s house” as evident in your quotation of Scripture that you disbelieve “And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30–31) see “one’s house” in BAGD along with thy house (Acts 16:30-31) as a relation, and this Paul wrote that God causes people to believe and that the believe is not of yourselves/man with:

by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast, for we are His work
    (Ephesians 2:8-10).
    So, Paul dispelled your deception that the “Believe” in Acts 16:30-31 was of man to the glory of man, just is the conclusion of your heart’s treasure. Truly God gets the glory for us believers believing in Jesus.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Freewill is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE SOVEREIGN KING JESUS CHRIST!!! ALL GLORY TO KING JESUS CHRIST FOR HIS MERCY AND GRACE OF CITIZENSHIP IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!!

Please point out the bible verses in context that validate your statement. The ones you gave me do not contextually support your belief.

And in your perspective does God predetermine everything? Is so what do you do with Jeremiah 19:4-5? If not, where biblically is the difference between things He predetermines to those He does not.

God Bless
I already did Pharoah willingly disobeyed Gods command, yet God decreed it. Thats just how it goes.

I am simply posting HIS Words. I do not believe HIS Words are "blasphemous", however, there are "many" who seem to believe they are. According to the Jesus of the Bible, even "many" who "call Him Lord, Lord."

God knows the end from the beginning, but you don't. Peter understood this Truth.

2 Pet. 3: 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Paul did as well.

2 Cor. 5: 9 Wherefore "we" labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

I'm sure you mean well and have been persuaded of this religious philosophy you are promoting. I advocate believing "ALL" that is written in the Holy Scriptures, as Paul did.

I know this teaching is considered blasphemous to "Many" who come in Christ's Name, nevertheless, Paul did say;

1 Cor. 10: 11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore (Because of this undeniable Biblical Truth) let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

But I can't make a person believe what is written, and the Jesus "of the Bible" did say;

Luke 16: 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Its the Highest Blasphemy to say mans will thwarts Gods will, Gods Purpose. And Salvation is grounded in Gods Purpose 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The same people 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

They are predestinated,

As stated, no force at all, men willingly do the things God predetermined that they do.

It is on Gods side, His will didnt get accomplished, that means mans will trumped Gods will, thats a sorry god if you ask me,

You have God using his power to determine man's will. That is the use of force.
Force isnt in the equation, man unjustly puts it there, Gods making or causing one to do something, they will do it willingly. Jesus going to the cross to die for the sins of the elect was predetermined by God yet He did it willingly Lk 22:22

And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

And there is many other instances in scripture where things, people have been predetermined a course of action by Gods counsel and yet they did it willingly without being forced as people say. People bring that word in because of their hatred of predestination.

Back
Top Bottom