An Article on free will

No, you made a statement that God didnt get what He wanted, theres no text stating that, thats an assumption you made and its blasphemous

I've made it too. I know what the answer is because Jesus said so.....

Luk_13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

I believe the evidence is clear. Jesus settles it. Jesus didn't get what He wanted. He wanted "Jerusalem" under "His wing"

Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Get it???????

I've made it too. I know what the answer is because Jesus said so.....

Luk_13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

I believe the evidence is clear. Jesus settles it. Jesus didn't get what He wanted. He wanted "Jerusalem" under "His wing"

Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Get it???????
And its an presumptuous blasphemous comment from you too

No, you made a statement that God didnt get what He wanted, theres no text stating that, thats an assumption you made and its blasphemous
Read

Read

Read it, says nothing about He didnt get what He wanted, thats Blasphemy, Jesus is God and His Death gathers them He died for Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Read

Yep.....Add the appeal to Psalm 91 and jt is clearly the purpose of God to do so. It didn't happen. God didn't get what He wanted.

Read it, says nothing about He didnt get what He wanted, thats Blasphemy, Jesus is God and His Death gathers them He died for Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
Again. Oblivious to obvious.
Jesus said they would not. God want to but they would not.

Simple. Were they under God's wing when they sought to murder the Son of God? Are you really that oblivious to the obvious?

Stop pretending you can "make stuff up" and it actually be true.

Again. Oblivious to obvious.
Jesus said they would not. God want to but they would not.

Simple. Were they under God's wing when they sought to murder the Son of God? Are you really that oblivious to the obvious?

Stop pretending you can "make stuff up" and it actually be true.
The Gathering is sure

The Gathering is sure

Not according to what Jesus said. I believe Jesus. I don't believe you. You fabricate things after your own lust.

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Not according to what Jesus said. I believe Jesus. I don't believe you. You fabricate things after your own lust.

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
The Gathering of the People is sure Gen 49:10

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

You know who Shiloh is ?

The Gathering of the People is sure Gen 49:10

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

You know who Shiloh is ?

The Aramaic Targums appeal to Shiloh as Messiah.

Why are you appealing to such? It is self defeating. Jesus has come. All the Scriptures prophesied unto Christ. Jesus stood right in front of those HE CAME TO.... and they rejected Him.

Jesus didn't get what He wanted just like HE SAID.....

The Aramaic Targums appeal to Shiloh as Messiah.

Why are you appealing to such? It is self defeating. Jesus has come. All the Scriptures prophesied unto Christ. Jesus stood right in front of those HE CAME TO.... and they rejected Him.

Jesus didn't get what He wanted just like HE SAID.....
Is Shiloh the person in Lk 13:34

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

You're the one appeal to that being true from Gen 49.

I will give you props for finally appealing to those more learned than yourself. Do you like Gill?

What does Gen 49 say about Shiloh?

Shiloh is nothing more than a English word translated from an Aramaic source.

You're reading from a KJV based upon a poor edition of Genesis. Even the MT Hebrew reads in English

Gen 49:10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until tribute comes to him; and to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.

You need more experience.

What does Gen 49 say about Shiloh?
Genesis 49:10 contains a prophetic statement regarding the future of the tribe of Judah and its connection to the Messiah. The verse says, "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; and to him shall the obedience of the peoples be" (ESV).
The word "Shiloh" has been interpreted in multiple ways throughout history. One prominent view is that "Shiloh" refers to the Messiah, particularly the King Messiah from the line of David.

Ancient Jewish texts such as the Targums and midrashim often give a Messianic interpretation to the term "Shiloh"

. Similarly, early Christian interpreters like Origen and Augustine saw "Shiloh" as a reference to the Messiah

Other interpretations include understanding "Shiloh" as a peace-maker or someone who brings rest, based on similarities in Hebrew roots and context

. However, the consensus among contemporary scholars is that "Shiloh" primarily refers to the Messiah, especially since the term is consistently associated with the Messiah across numerous ancient Jewish and Christian sources

Regardless of the exact interpretation of "Shiloh," the overall message of Genesis 49:10 remains clear: a descendant of the tribe of Judah will ultimately become the eternal ruler of Israel, and all peoples will submit to his authority

Genesis 49:10 contains a prophetic statement regarding the future of the tribe of Judah and its connection to the Messiah. The verse says, "The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; and to him shall the obedience of the peoples be" (ESV).
The word "Shiloh" has been interpreted in multiple ways throughout history. One prominent view is that "Shiloh" refers to the Messiah, particularly the King Messiah from the line of David.

Ancient Jewish texts such as the Targums and midrashim often give a Messianic interpretation to the term "Shiloh"

. Similarly, early Christian interpreters like Origen and Augustine saw "Shiloh" as a reference to the Messiah

Other interpretations include understanding "Shiloh" as a peace-maker or someone who brings rest, based on similarities in Hebrew roots and context

. However, the consensus among contemporary scholars is that "Shiloh" primarily refers to the Messiah, especially since the term is consistently associated with the Messiah across numerous ancient Jewish and Christian sources

Regardless of the exact interpretation of "Shiloh," the overall message of Genesis 49:10 remains clear: a descendant of the tribe of Judah will ultimately become the eternal ruler of Israel, and all peoples will submit to his authority

@Johann

You are misquoting the ESV. No modern translation of the MT uses the name "Shiloh".

Why did you "insert" Shiloh? Are you still quoting someone else?

So Christians never sin or God desires sin ? Which one?

For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
(Romans 7:14-20)

Please answer the following question. I have only asked one question to you, but it has gone unanswered, so it's repeated from previously for your convenience, below.

no mention of any addition parties

all you have is an assumption

There is no addition of the entire world just those he took out of the world

Do you think you are a friend of Jesus, TomL?

Jesus says "you" with reference to His friends as recorded in John 15:14-19, and Jesus says "you" with reference to His exclusively chosen ones as recorded in John 15:14-19.

The blessing by Jesus to the "you" as recorded in John 15:14-19 is to all believers in all time.

You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you
(John 15:14-19, KJV, NASB1995, and YLT)
All glory to God! All praise to the Bread of Life! God alone does all to save the children of God from the wrath of God, and man, who does absolutely nothing to contribute, is the blessed recipient of God’s mercy and God's grace for man's salvation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom