Why are Calvinists so mean ?

yes knowing something will happen is much different than determining something will happen.

I might know if son is getting married next 4th of July but I did not determine he would get married that day. There are 1000's of such examples that prove knowing a future event is not determining that event.

conflating it all they have since foreknowledge and omniscience are not determinism.
As noted elsewhere, Calvinists cannot seem to get their heads around that.

Oh but I could have and then the foreknowledge would have been otherwise than what it was

to man's salvation - yes

that God had no choice but to send his son to the cross - no
Ahhh.....there ya go folks. God's foreknowledge is dependent on the foreseen choices of His creation. A clear violation of God's aseity.

Then it was not absolutely necessary.

Ahhh.....there ya go folks. God's foreknowledge is dependent on the foreseen choices of His creation. A clear violation of God's aseity.

Then it was not absolutely necessary.
Absolute it is knowledge not determination

You just cannot seem to grasp the difference

BTW aseity refers to that which is necessary for his existence.

It does not depend on what man does or does not do.

You misuse the term

Absolute it is knowledge not determination

You just cannot seem to grasp the difference

BTW aseity refers to that which is necessary for his existence.

It does not depend on what man does or does not do.

You misuse the term
Yes the continuation of the equivocating and conflating the words

And you did not answer. The future is settled remember? Determine a long time ago. So what is it you would have God to do? Change the future?
Sorry but I did answer.

It appears you just did not understand what it means for god to be relational

It appears you do not understand. All this is foreknown for certain. You could not choose not to believe. Your actually the fatalist.
Certain yes but not necessary.

In other words you could have chosen differently, and the foreknowledge would have been different

Back
Top Bottom