Why are Calvinists so mean ?

I did a thread once asking do Calvinists really have a motivation to pray. If everything is ordained whether or know then why pray?
I could ask the same question to you? If God is omniscient and the future is set why do you bother to pray? To change God's omniscience?

I did a thread once asking do Calvinists really have a motivation to pray. If everything is ordained whether or know then why pray?
I understand what you're saying that it makes me think of that old saying about atheist in foxholes during a battle. They start believing in God real quick and probably start praying.

certain but not necessary

The reality is the reflection of the choice not the other way around
yes knowing something will happen is much different than determining something will happen.

I might know if son is getting married next 4th of July but I did not determine he would get married that day. There are 1000's of such examples that prove knowing a future event is not determining that event.

conflating it all they have since foreknowledge and omniscience are not determinism.

yes knowing something will happen is much different than determining something will happen.

I might know if son is getting married next 4th of July but I did not determine he would get married that day. There are 1000's of such examples that prove knowing a future event is not determining that event.

conflating it all they have since foreknowledge and omniscience are not determinism.
No, he did. LOL

So we're God's creative purposes dependent on His foreknowledge?

None the less, you cannot choose differently.

Was the cross necessary?
Oh but I could have and then the foreknowledge would have been otherwise than what it was

to man's salvation - yes

that God had no choice but to send his son to the cross - no

Back
Top Bottom