When Is A Jew Not A Jew?

Gentile Christians take an inordinate pride is trying to connect themselves to being spiritual Israel or a spiritual Jew. But that can't be because to be a Jew or a spiritual Jew one would have to be from the tribe of Judah from which that designation originates.
They also try to link themselves as being a son of Abraham using this passage of Scripture in Paul's letter to Jewish Christians in the Galatian area:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.

There are no spiritual Jews at present... They will be made manifest during the Millennium on the new earth when Christ sits on the throne of David in Jerusalem.

Right now we have is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ.

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,
for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

What we have at present is the New Creation..

The new man in Christ who has been predestined by God to be resurrected as the Bride of Christ, not as Israel.
That also includes Jews who believe in Christ during the church age, who are no longer Jews in God's eyes..
There is neither Jew nor Gentile means just what it says about born again Christians!

IF it was by faith God would have said so in the Promised Covenant but He doesn't:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
And write it in their hearts;
And will be their God,
And they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

There is nothing about faith in this Covenant. God's Promise is unilateral.
There is nothing about Gentiles. The New Covenant is solely and strictly with the House of Israel.
Oh, Happy Day!

That speaks about the Jews who will be alive on earth for the one thousand year reign of Christ.
As for the Church? Resurrected Christians will be reigning with Christ over the Jews and the Gentile nations for the Millennium.

addressing the OP, and having not read all the post. this is not a Jewish, Gentile thing, it's a HUMAN THING. anyone still standing on their human heritage is lost as a three-dollar bill. our heritage is in God, the Lord Jesus. Psalms 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." BINGO, this is the test of God. the NATION, not just Israel, but the NATION whose God is the LORD, and, and, the PEOPLE, not Jews ONLY, but .... "PEOPLER" he has chosen for his own inheritance.. NT scripture, Ephesians 3:3 "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," Ephesians 3:4 "Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;" Ephesians 3:6 "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"

NO MORE MYSTERY.

101G.

There are no spiritual Jews at present... They will be made manifest during the Millennium on the new earth when Christ sits on the throne of David in Jerusalem.​
Right now we have is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ.​
Galatians 3:28​
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,

The new man in Christ who has been predestined by God to be resurrected as the Bride of Christ, not as Israel.
That also includes Jews who believe in Christ during the church age, who are no longer Jews in God's eyes..
There is neither Jew nor Gentile means just what it says about born again Christians!

Saul is writing to Jewish Christians that are male and female, slave and free, Jew and Gentile proselyte.
Since the Church Christ was building is in accordance with the Covenant God made with the House of Israel then this Church is populated with Jewish Christians. And their concern was being female, slave, (Philemon), and Gentile proselyte and the effect Messiah had on the Abrahamic (and Mosaic Covenants.) It's a Jewish Covenant. Makes no sense God spending 4000 plus years with the Hebrew people and in the first weeks of the New Covenant with the House of Israel God's first words are with idol-worshiping hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles and their dumb idols.
Gentiles are being saved without Covenant.

Unless you can find me a Covenant in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets describing God making Covenant with Gentiles then your understanding of Gal. 3 is in error.

Pssst....there is none.

addressing the OP, and having not read all the post. this is not a Jewish, Gentile thing, it's a HUMAN THING. anyone still standing on their human heritage is lost as a three-dollar bill. our heritage is in God, the Lord Jesus. Psalms 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." BINGO, this is the test of God. the NATION, not just Israel, but the NATION whose God is the LORD, and, and, the PEOPLE, not Jews ONLY, but .... "PEOPLER" he has chosen for his own inheritance.. NT scripture, Ephesians 3:3 "How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," Ephesians 3:4 "Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;" Ephesians 3:6 "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"

NO MORE MYSTERY.

101G.
When the Times of the Gentiles is over with the destruction of Gentile Nations who does God turn His attention back to, removes their blindness from, and fulfills His covenantal promises and prophetical promises to?

That's right, Genius. The JEWISH people. God is ethnic through and through. It was the Hebrews in bondage in Egypt, not Australians.

That speaks about the Jews who will be alive on earth for the one thousand year reign of Christ.
As for the Church? Resurrected Christians will be reigning with Christ over the Jews and the Gentile nations for the Millennium.

Show me Covenant in the Law, Psalms, or Prophets of God making covenant with Gentiles in same fashion He's made with Abraham and the children of Israel and salvation of their soul and spirit and body? Make sure it has covenant language like the words God spoke to Abraham and the House of Israel in Genesis 17 and Jeremiah 31, respectively.

There are no spiritual Jews at present... They will be made manifest during the Millennium on the new earth when Christ sits on the throne of David in Jerusalem.​
Right now we have is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ.​
Galatians 3:28​

I think Jews for Jesus will disagree with you for one.
There are many Jewish Christian groups out there who are born again and serve Yahweh.

When the Times of the Gentiles is over with the destruction of Gentile Nations who does God turn His attention back to, removes their blindness from, and fulfills His covenantal promises and prophetical promises to?
ERROR, your days of Blindness are over. revelation is given.
That's right, Genius. The JEWISH people. God is ethnic through and through. It was the Hebrews in bondage in Egypt, not Australians.
another ERROR, listen and LEARN, Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (YOU'RE NOT IGNORANT ANYMORE, HENCE THE NT). Acts 17:31 "Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." well the Lord Jesus has been raised..... so you all have no excuse.

101G.

Get a rope!
ERROR, your days of Blindness are over. revelation is given.

another ERROR, listen and LEARN, Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (YOU'RE NOT IGNORANT ANYMORE, HENCE THE NT). Acts 17:31 "Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." well the Lord Jesus has been raised..... so you all have no excuse.

101G.
Acts is approximately the first 30 years of the New Covenant Church history of the Jewish Church.
Read it like a Jew and you'll come to the knowledge of the truth.
LOL.

Show me Covenant in the Law, Psalms, or Prophets of God making covenant with Gentiles in same fashion He's made with Abraham and the children of Israel and salvation of their soul and spirit and body? Make sure it has covenant language like the words God spoke to Abraham and the House of Israel in Genesis 17 and Jeremiah 31, respectively.
Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." and where is it in the LAW, yes the Very first five books called the Law, here it is,

Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be." Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ***'s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" Genesis 49:12 "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk."

101g.

I think Jews for Jesus will disagree with you for one.
There are many Jewish Christian groups out there who are born again and serve Yahweh.

I guess they failed to transition into becoming the new creation in Christ?
I know Jews for Jesus.
I once even applied to the American board of Missions to the Jews.

Look! I was born a Jew! My father was one of the founders of the local synagogue I had my Bar Mitzvah in.

Yes... I am physically from the line of Abraham. And, in that sense? A Jew.

But, I was no longer a Jew by religion once I became a New Creation in Christ.

If I am with Jewish people? I might say I am from a Jewish family and grew up a Jew.
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female,
for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28​

How many are discovering how to walk as the "new man" in Christ?

Many are too busy trying to mentally tattoo themselves with labels to identify with, and are failing to adjust,
and properly identify themselves, with being the new spiritual person in Christ.
Identifying with Christ... not their natural man.

1 Corinthians 3:1-4​
Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people
who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not
yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy
and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? For
when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

So what's it to be with the body of Christ?

"I follow my religious Jewish past? " "I am a Jew?" "I am a Gentile?"

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when,
in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us. He did this
by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations, so as to create in Himself
one new man from the two, thus making peace." Ephesians 2:14-15​

grace and peace ................

Yes... The Jews have their own covenants.
For, they will live (as Jews) under the Reign of the Lord Jesus Christ.

As for us who are the New Creation in Christ?

Jesus desires that we reign with Him.

Only those who mature in Christ will find themselves reigning with Christ.

grace and peace ..................

Galatians 3:14 "That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." and where is it in the LAW, yes the Very first five books called the Law, here it is,

Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be." Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ***'s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" Genesis 49:12 "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk."

101g.
Still waiting.
"His" people are the twelve tribes of Israel. He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. God has Covenant with the children of Israel.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
Give it up.

Yes... The Jews have their own covenants.
For, they will live (as Jews) under the Reign of the Lord Jesus Christ.

As for us who are the New Creation in Christ?

Jesus desires that we reign with Him.

Only those who mature in Christ will find themselves reigning with Christ.

grace and peace ..................
Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. The Church He promised to build is in covenant with the House of Israel. The Church He began building consisted of Jews, 3000 of them to kick off the New Covenant with the House of Israel.
God has made no Covenant with Gentiles not the seed of Gentiles.
At the Marriage Supper Israel is there by Covenant as she is His Bride and Church of called out ones.
Gentiles will be there by invitation.
Matt. 22.

The Holy Spirit is Promised to Israel not Gentiles.

39 For the promise is unto you [Jews], and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:39.

Still waiting.
"His" people are the twelve tribes of Israel. He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. God has Covenant with the children of Israel.
God has made no covenant with Gentiles.
Give it up.
you missed it as well as Salvation. God People is all people on the planet. have you not read? Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

did not God make all men from one blood? Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

Game Over for U. lol, lol, lol. Oh dear.

101G.

Still waiting. Show me in the Law, the Psalms, and Prophets God making covenant with uncircumcised Gentiles.
Psst...you won't find one.

Why are you picking this fight?

Sounds like you took a few classes somewhere, and now can't wait to use it against others.

Well.. tell me then?

What is a gentile who now believes in Jesus during the church age going to miss in eternity that Jews in eternity will have because of the covenant?

And, likewise...

What is a Jew who now believes in Jesus during the church age, going to miss in eternity that Jews in eternity will have, because of the covenant?
For there will be Jews in eternity who are not Christian - not bride of Christ.

Start making sense of your knowledge that has yet to find its resting place, please.
For you speak of what you yet do not yet understand as you should except for some details only.

Question:

In eternity. Will there be Jews and the Church as two different groups?

Even John the Baptist (who died before the Church age began) knew he was not to be the Bride of Christ.
“The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice.
Therefore this joy of mine is now complete” (John 3:29)​

There is so much more than we realize to learn, and to know.....

grace and peace ...................

Back
Top Bottom