When Is A Jew Not A Jew?

thanks for the reply, but one question, in this link, "What does it mean that Christians are adopted by God?" is states this,
To adopt someone is to make that person a legal son or daughter. Adoption is one of the metaphors used in the Bible to explain how Christians are brought into the family of God. Jesus came “that we might receive adoption to sonship” (Galatians 4:5), and He was successful: “You received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children” (Romans 8:15, NLT).

The Bible also uses the metaphor of being “born again” into God’s family (John 3:3), which seems to be at odds with the concept of adoption because, normally, either a person is born into a family or adopted, not both. We shouldn’t make too much of the difference, however, because both of these concepts are metaphors and should not be played against each other.

what they said there is NONE SENSE. now STOP and think. is not God the CREWATOR of ALL HUMANS? ....... now think.....

101G.

So, a Gentile miraculously is changed from a Gentile into a Jew?
That's like a dog changed miraculously into a cat.
It doesn't happen and cannot happen because a person born Gentile dies Gentile and a man born Jew dies a Jew.
What universe do you live in?
close but no cigar- jews and gentiles are from the same species- the human species whereas dogs/cats are different species. :) But I understand your point. A bobcat becoming a Lion would work. :) Or a hummingbird an Eagle :)

thanks for the reply, but one question, in this link, "What does it mean that Christians are adopted by God?" is states this,
To adopt someone is to make that person a legal son or daughter. Adoption is one of the metaphors used in the Bible to explain how Christians are brought into the family of God. Jesus came “that we might receive adoption to sonship” (Galatians 4:5), and He was successful: “You received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children” (Romans 8:15, NLT).

The Bible also uses the metaphor of being “born again” into God’s family (John 3:3), which seems to be at odds with the concept of adoption because, normally, either a person is born into a family or adopted, not both. We shouldn’t make too much of the difference, however, because both of these concepts are metaphors and should not be played against each other.

what they said there is NONE SENSE. now STOP and think. is not God the CREWATOR of ALL HUMANS? ....... now think.....

101G.
And and thank you for your cordial reply. I have thought about it and I don't have a problem with it. I've had both concepts preached to me many times and read about them both in the Bible and various Christian books.

And and thank you for your cordial reply. I have thought about it and I don't have a problem with it. I've had both concepts preached to me many times and read about them both in the Bible and various Christian books.
Adoption is not of God, it's an example of Jewish LAW. the Lord Jesus was very clear. John 3:1 "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:" John 3:2 "The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (HOLD IT, STOP RIGHT THERE, ANY ADOPITION IS NULLIFIED, HOW? BY THAT TERM Except, THERE IS NO EXCEPTIONS). John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

There is no EXCEPTIONS. this is the Lord Jesus speaking, and he cannot LIE. "Except EXCEPT, EXCEPT, a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

101G.

Adoption is not of God, it's an example of Jewish LAW. the Lord Jesus was very clear. John 3:1 "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:" John 3:2 "The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (HOLD IT, STOP RIGHT THERE, ANY ADOPITION IS NULLIFIED, HOW? BY THAT TERM Except, THERE IS NO EXCEPTIONS). John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

There is no EXCEPTIONS. this is the Lord Jesus speaking, and he cannot LIE. "Except EXCEPT, EXCEPT, a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

101G.
I'm sorry but when people feel the need to use extremely large font underlined and in different colors I kind of get the feeling they're being rather pushy. So I don't read it.

As Christians we are fully adopted into God's family.
I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything, but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father. In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. GALATIANS 4:1–7
That's what I'm talking about

close but no cigar- jews and gentiles are from the same species- the human species whereas dogs/cats are different species. :) But I understand your point. A bobcat becoming a Lion would work. :) Or a hummingbird an Eagle :)
I don't find it as 'natural' course that a person is born a 'goat' and when they become born again now, they're sheep.
I prefer to believe that when God contemplated His elect that He contemplated them as 'saved' individuals and as 'sheep,' that they were born sheep into this world (but they never know it), and then when born-again, well, THEY'RE SHEEP! (LOL)
But the middle wall partition and the sign of circumcision separated Jew from Gentile as per God's ordination and command (not mingle with the Gentiles nor learn their ways.)
The New Covenant is with the House of Israel not Gentiles.
The New Covenant writings were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in Jewish churches in Gentile lands discussing the era of the New Covenant God instituted at the Feast of Harvest is fulfillment of His New Covenant promises to/with the House of Israel.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. And no matter what the result may be for a Gentile Christian they are not part of the Jeremian New Covenant prophecy/promises in his 'book.'

I don't find it as 'natural' course that a person is born a 'goat' and when they become born again now, they're sheep.
Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

101G.

I prefer to believe that when God contemplated His elect that He contemplated them as 'saved' individuals and as 'sheep,' that they were born sheep into this world (but they never know it), and then when born-again, well, THEY'RE SHEEP! (LOL)
But the middle wall partition and the sign of circumcision separated Jew from Gentile as per God's ordination and command (not mingle with the Gentiles nor learn their ways.)
The New Covenant writings were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in Jewish churches in Gentile lands discussing the era of the New Covenant God instituted at the Feast of Harvest is fulfillment of His New Covenant promises to/with the House of Israel.
God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. And no matter what the result may be for a Gentile Christian they are not part of the Jeremian New Covenant prophecy/promises in his 'book.'
sheep and goats just represent the saved and unsaved at the judgement. that is the plain and simple meaning of the text- no more, no less.

no one is born saved, we become saved after hearing, believing and receiving the gospel. we go from being unsaved(children of wrath like the rest- Eph 2) to saved.

mingle with the Gentiles nor learn their ways.)
The New Covenant writings were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in Jewish churches in Gentile lands
these are the foolishness that 101G speak of concerning IGNORANT men. not only a Lack of Belief, but of Faith. God can do anything he wants do and it's never a concern with man or what he, man, may say or think. LISTEN, Luke 19:39 "And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples." Luke 19:40 "And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

101G.

these are the foolishness that 101G speak of concerning IGNORANT men. not only a Lack of Belief, but of Faith. God can do anything he wants do and it's never a concern with man or what he, man, may say or think. LISTEN, Luke 19:39 "And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples." Luke 19:40 "And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

101G.
STOP YELLING!

Gentile Christians take an inordinate pride is trying to connect themselves to being spiritual Israel or a spiritual Jew. But that can't be because to be a Jew or a spiritual Jew one would have to be from the tribe of Judah from which that designation originates.
They also try to link themselves as being a son of Abraham using this passage of Scripture in Paul's letter to Jewish Christians in the Galatian area:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.

Let's keep it simple, please..
One thing at a time.
No need to jump all over the place.

Galatians 3:8-9

Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel
in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” So those who rely on faith
are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Abraham was a Gentile before he was circumcised. He was already a saved by faith as a Gentile.

Back
Top Bottom