When Is A Jew Not A Jew?

jeremiah1five

Gentile Christians take an inordinate pride is trying to connect themselves to being spiritual Israel or a spiritual Jew. But that can't be because to be a Jew or a spiritual Jew one would have to be from the tribe of Judah from which that designation originates.
They also try to link themselves as being a son of Abraham using this passage of Scripture in Paul's letter to Jewish Christians in the Galatian area:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.

But Paul is writing to Jewish Christians who were unsure of their Messiah's arrival and His effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants:

23 But before faith came, we [Jews] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us [Jews] unto Christ, that we [Jews] might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we [Jews] are no longer under a schoolmaster [the Law].
26 For ye [Jews] are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus [Your Messiah].
27 For as many of you [Jews] as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all [Jews] one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye [Jews] be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:23–29.

No change. If you are Abraham's descendant seed, then you are also Christ's and heirs according to the Abrahamic Covenant Promises for God made no promises to Gentiles in the Abrahamic Covenant nor in the New Covenant Promise of Jeremiah 31.
Not even Abraham was a Jew. He was Hebrew from the line of Eber a descendant through Shem. Stay with me now.

Recently there was discussion about the "synagogue" of Satan in Revelation 2:9. Here is the Scripture:

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:8–9.

The Greek word translated "synagogue" in 2:9 means an "assemblage [of persons.]" It doesn't refer to Jews but is a word that merely means an "assemblage [of persons.]" It can mean an "assemblage" of Gentile Christians on Sunday morning or an "assemblage" of persons at a football game. There is nothing linking "synagogue" to Jews.

So, when is a Jew not a Jew? Jesus gives the answer in Rev. 2:9.

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:9.

Jesus would know who a true Jew is and who isn't, and in this passage, there is a confession to Jewry but Jesus who knows the 'hearts' of all says they are not Jews. There is no birthright to Judah or back to Abraham to those who say they are a descendant or son of Abraham. But Paul writing to Jewish Christians says that if you are Christ's, you are a descendant of Abraham according to the Promise God made to Abraham. So, what is this "assemblage" [of persons] that claim to be Jews and are not Jews? Maybe it's the false belief that Paul is writing to Gentile Christians - which he isn't - that because you belong to Jesus Christ that you are a descendant of Abraham. But that can't be for Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham nor is there any passage of Scripture in the First Covenant of God ever making covenant with Gentiles. None. Paul makes this clear in writing to Jewish Christians at Rome:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 9:4–5.

Everything regarding the above upon which salvation rests belong to Israel. Paul says so. There's no mention of Gentiles possessing any of the above. Even Christ's arrival was fulfilled prophecy and covenant, and Christ's very words state He was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, not the house of Gentiles. So, when is a Jew not a Jew?
When they claim to be of Abraham or Judah and there is just no biblical passage of Scripture that says this. Only in the minds of Gentiles that believe Paul's letters were written to Gentiles and interpret his words as such.
So, this synagogue or assemblage who say they are of Abraham or Judah are not from Abraham or Judah. How can they be? Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham or the tribe of Judah and Paul's words to the Jewish Christians in the Galatian region were addressed to the true sons of Abraham who did not know what the effect Israel's Messiah had on the Abrahamic Covenant, and the adoption, and the glory, and the giving of the Law, and the service of God, and the promises, whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came.

John the Baptist agrees:

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. Jn. 1:31.

So, when is a Jew not a Jew? When they make claims to Abraham or the tribe of Judah that just does not exist.
Maybe THEY are of the assemblage of Satan?
Think it through, Gentile Christian.
Revelations was written to the Jewish Christians about things about to shortly take place. You don't want to be on the wrong side of history.
Or of Christ.

Gentile Christians take an inordinate pride is trying to connect themselves to being spiritual Israel or a spiritual Jew. But that can't be because to be a Jew or a spiritual Jew one would have to be from the tribe of Judah from which that designation originates.
from your LINK, is not all Christians in Christ?, yes, well did ..... listen to 101G language closely, did the Lord Jesus come from the tribe of Judah, yes, or no? your answer please.

101C.

"And if you are Christ's then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29). We Christians are also children of God through our faith in Jesus (Galatians 3:26), and this makes us spiritual descendants of Abraham and co-heirs of the promised blessings.

from your LINK, is not all Christians in Christ?, yes, well did ..... listen to 101G language closely, did the Lord Jesus come from the tribe of Judah, yes, or no? your answer please.

101C.
The point is Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham nor from the tribe of Judah and there is no mention of Gentiles in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-33.
None. So, why do Gentile Christians who have no covenant of which to speak with God want to tomb raid the covenants away from Israel?
Supersessionism, ism, ism.
Possibly the delusion God was going to send upon the world.
So, yes, Gentile Christians are deluded thinking they come from the loins of Abraham and are his sons or from Judah thinking they are Jews, or spiritual Jews or spiritual Israel.

Romans 2:27 The one who is physically uncircumcised yet keeps the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker. 28 A man is not a Jew because he is one outwardly, nor is circumcision only outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew because he is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man’s praise does not come from men, but from God.…

The point is Gentiles do not come from the loins of Abraham nor from the tribe of Judah and there is no mention of Gentiles in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-33.
None. So, why do Gentile Christians who have no covenant of which to speak with God want to tomb raid the covenants away from Israel?
Supersessionism, ism, ism.
Possibly the delusion God was going to send upon the world.
So, yes, Gentile Christians are deluded thinking they come from the loins of Abraham and are his sons or from Judah thinking they are Jews, or spiritual Jews or spiritual Israel.
Gentile Christian.... no such animal. Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

101G.

101G.

Gentile Christian.... no such animal. Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

101G.

101G.
So, a Gentile miraculously is changed from a Gentile into a Jew?
That's like a dog changed miraculously into a cat.
It doesn't happen and cannot happen because a person born Gentile dies Gentile and a man born Jew dies a Jew.
What universe do you live in?

So, a Gentile miraculously is changed from a Gentile into a Jew?
That's like a dog changed miraculously into a cat.
It doesn't happen and cannot happen because a person born Gentile dies Gentile and a man born Jew dies a Jew.
What universe do you live in?
no Jews are changed as well are Gentiles.... it's called being ... "BORN AGAIN". ..... (smile)... :LOL: YIKES!

and as for alive or dead, Jew or Gentile, scripture, Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's." Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

so if you're a Gentile, you're the Lord's or Jew. ..... (smile).... lol, lol, lol. Oh dear. nothing special about being gentile or jew.

101G.

101G.

101G.
Right. Then there's adoption. Adoption emphasizes that God admits us into a family that we did not originally belong to.

no Jews are changed as well are Gentiles.... it's called being ... "BORN AGAIN". ..... (smile)... :LOL: YIKES!

and as for alive or dead, Jew or Gentile, scripture, Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's." Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

so if you're a Gentile, you're the Lord's or Jew. ..... (smile).... lol, lol, lol. Oh dear. nothing special about being gentile or jew.

101G.
Paul writes to Jewish Christians in Rome.
Read in in this context to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Before the destruction of their Temple the "ism" of Judaism remained and being the New Covenant was with the House of Israel 3000 Jews were initially saved by God at their Feast and these Jewish visitors who heard the language of their habitat in Gentile lands went back home, took Jesus with them and a scratchy outline of what Peter said in his sermon and did what they could to understand Messiah's effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants. It took time, but for the most part the New Covenant Church which is a continuation of the "Great Congregation" of the over 3 million children of Israel in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle were the ones to found the New Covenant Church. And why not? The Covenant is with the House of Israel. And 3000 Jews were the ones to populate the churches in Jerusalem, in Israel, and in Gentile lands in places like Corinth, Ephesus, the region about Galatia, Rome, Italy, etc., and even Spain.
In the beginning God was saving Jews, not Gentiles. 3000 in one morning! How cool is that!

Paul writes to Jewish Christians in Rome.
No such animal.
Read in in this context to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Before the destruction of their Temple the "ism" of Judaism remained and being the New Covenant was with the House of Israel 3000 Jews were initially saved by God at their Feast and these Jewish visitors who heard the language of their habitat in Gentile lands went back home, took Jesus with them and a scratchy outline of what Peter said in his sermon and did what they could to understand Messiah's effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants. It took time, but for the most part the New Covenant Church which is a continuation of the "Great Congregation" of the over 3 million children of Israel in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle were the ones to found the New Covenant Church. And why not? The Covenant is with the House of Israel. And 3000 Jews were the ones to populate the churches in Jerusalem, in Israel, and in Gentile lands in places like Corinth, Ephesus, the region about Galatia, Rome, Italy, etc., and even Spain.
In the beginning God was saving Jews, not Gentiles. 3000 in one morning! How cool is that!
101G could care less if 100 million was saved at the feast.... lol, there is no "ism" of Judaism in God's eye. .... Next.

101G.

Last edited:
to all my Jewish friends, where in the bible GOD called anyone Jewish Christians, or Gentile Christians? post book chapter and verse please.

101G.

They also try to link themselves as being a son of Abraham using this passage of Scripture in Paul's letter to Jewish Christians in the Galatian area:

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.
BY ....... "FAITH", not by blood or descent, (FROM ANY TRIBE, especially Judah), but "BORN of God/Born of the Spirit" .

as the scriptures said, "they stumble at the Stone". Isaiah 8:13 "Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread." Isaiah 8:14 "And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem." Isaiah 8:15 "And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken."

Oh how TRUE.

101G.

especially to my Jewish friends, read this carefully. Galatians 4:1 "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;" Galatians 4:2 "But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father." Galatians 4:3 "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:" Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons." Galatians 4:6 "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

and then read, Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called." Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9:9 "For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son."

Now, 101G will wait for any and all answers, and see how many mistakes are made...... or correct discernment of the scriptures.

101G..

to all my Jewish friends, where in the bible GOD called anyone Jewish Christians, or Gentile Christians? post book chapter and verse please.

101G.
He didn't have to. The Covenants and the Promises and the Prophecies belong to Israel.
It is Gentiles in the past and today that make every attempt to steal what belongs to the House of Israel.
So, because of this distinction was made by Gentiles in their attempt.

BY ....... "FAITH", not by blood or descent, (FROM ANY TRIBE, especially Judah), but "BORN of God/Born of the Spirit" .

as the scriptures said, "they stumble at the Stone". Isaiah 8:13 "Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread." Isaiah 8:14 "And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem." Isaiah 8:15 "And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken."

Oh how TRUE.

101G.
IF it was by faith God would have said so in the Promised Covenant but He doesn't:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
That I will make a new covenant
With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
In the day that I took them by the hand
To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
Which my covenant they brake,
Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts,
And write it in their hearts;
And will be their God,
And they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the LORD:
For they shall all know me,
From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
For I will forgive their iniquity,
And I will remember their sin no more.
Jer. 31:31–34.

There is nothing about faith in this Covenant. God's Promise is unilateral.
There is nothing about Gentiles. The New Covenant is solely and strictly with the House of Israel.
Oh, Happy Day!

Back
Top Bottom