What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

Truther

Can anyone tell me the name of the son per this verse....

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

...please?

[1Co 6:11 LSB] 11 And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Hmmm....one of the big three names isn't even listed here.

[1Co 6:11 LSB] 11 And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

You are closing in on the name of the son per Matt 28:19.

Now, say the name;)

You are being silly. "Jesus" isn't even the historically accurate pronunciation. So if there's some magical incantation you are trying to drive at, that's not true.

Let’s make a deal… I have a GMC sierra pick up that I will give for free to anybody on this forum that can show me from the book of Acts to the book of Rev, anybody that was baptized in any other way, but in the name of the Lord. Any takers?

Washed in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Father is a title. Son is a title. Holy Ghost is a title.

Can anyone guess which name goes with each of these titles?

"JESUS"

101G
Jesus is definitely the correct answer

Essentially, we are asking God, the Father and God His Son (Jesus) and God, the Holy Sprit for his grace and power over all of our being when baptizing. It represents the Trinity where we acknowledge God's existence as three distinct persons, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is definitely the correct answer

Essentially, we are asking God, the Father and God His Son (Jesus) and God, the Holy Sprit for his grace and power over all of our being when baptizing. It represents the Trinity where we acknowledge God's existence as three distinct persons, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
Is this correct to say at a baptism?…

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and in the name of JESUS and of the Holy Ghost:

Is this correct to say at a baptism?…

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and in the name of JESUS and of the Holy Ghost:
Go for it. Sounds okay to me. I've never baptized anyone. I've done three memorial services and they were already saved. They're already with Jesus. Makes me think of that song I Can Only Imagine, I wonder if when we see Jesus face to face we'll even be able to speak.

Back
Top Bottom