What is the name of the son per Matthew 28:19?

Don’t be rebellious

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
What do you not understand a body is physical

A spirit has no body and is unbodied, bodiless

look up your terms

…there is a spiritual body.

Read, Tom.
It's a body controlled or dominated by the spirit

it's physical, not immaterial

Learn

Spiritual Body of 1 Cor. 15 The interrelation of body and the totality of man’s being is illustrated by the contrast between the physical and the spiritual body in 1 Cor. 15:44, 46: “It is sown a physical body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.… But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual.”
In response to a question about the nature or quality of the body to be raised in the resurrection (1 Cor. 15:35), Paul relates the body to be raised to that which is buried in death. His implicit answer is that the dead have a body that is altered in the resurrection. The body that is sown is the body that is raised. It is sown in one quality and raised in another, but it remains the same body. The physical body can be sown because it is subject to death. The body that is raised is spiritual, that is, renewed and governed by the Spirit.
The contrast between physical and spiritual has to do not with the substance of which the bodies are made but with the relation of the bodies.

C. B. Bass, “Body,” ed. Geoffrey W. Bromiley, The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Revised (Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1979–1988), 529.

THE SPIRITUAL BODY. AUGUSTINE: As the Spirit, when it serves the flesh, is not improperly said to be carnal, so the flesh, when it serves the spirit, will rightly be called spiritual—not because changed into spirit, as some suppose who misinterpret the text

Gerald Lewis Bray, ed., 1–2 Corinthians (Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture; Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), 173–174.

The Spiritual Body

The familiar soul/body (psychosomatic, soma psuchikon) interface of our present human existence is thereby transmuted in the resurrection into the spirit/body (pneumasomatic, soma pneumatikon) interface of the resurrected body—the spiritual body that is formed by the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead (Tho. Aq., ST III, Q56, II, p. 2324). The psychosomatic body that we now experience is adapted to the body-soul interface operative in all animal existence yet intensified by the self-determination distinctive of human freedom. The soma pneumatikon is a body existing in continuity with our present body but one that does not inherit incorruption (1 Cor. 15:50–53). The spiritual body does not lack body, but is embodied in a glorified manner.

Thomas C. Oden, The Word of Life: Systematic Theology, Vol. II (San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 1992), 481.

In this verse Paul begins to define the new body.
It is sown and it is raised: see the comments on verse 43.
Physical … spiritual: see comments on “spiritual … natural” in 2:13.
Spiritual body is a literal translation of the Greek. It does not mean a ghostly entity;

Paul Ellingworth, Howard Hatton, and Paul Ellingworth, A Handbook on Paul’s First Letter to the Corinthians (UBS Handbook Series; New York: United Bible Societies, 1995), 361.

A LITERAL RESURRECTION OF THE BODIES OF ALL MEN—A UNIVERSAL RESURRECTION
John 5:28—“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth.” 1 Cor. 15:22—“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” The apostle is speaking of physical death in Adam, and physical resurrection in Christ.
Revelation 20:12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10 both show the necessity of the raising of the body in order that judgment may take place according to things done in the body. See also Job’s hope (19:25–27); David’s hope (Psa. 16:9).
An objection is sometimes made to the effect that we literalize these scriptures which are intended to be metaphorical and spiritual. To this we reply: While the exact phrase, “resurrection of the body,” does not occur in the Bible, yet these scriptures clearly teach a physical rather than a spiritual resurrection. Indeed John 5:25–29 draws a sharp contrast between a spiritual (v.25) and a literal (v.28) resurrection. See also Phil. 3:21; 1 Thess. 4:13–17. 2 Tim. 2:18—“Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already,” indicates that the early church believed in a literal resurrection. Surely there is no reference here to a spiritual resurrection such as we read of in Ephesians 5:14. Acts 24:15 speaks of a resurrection of the just and the unjust—this cannot refer to a spiritual resurrection surely. The term “spiritual body” describes, not so much the body itself, as its nature. The “spiritual body” is body, not spirit, hence should not be considered as defining body. By the term “spiritual body” is meant the body spiritualized. So there is a natural body—a body adapted and designed for the use of the soul; and there is a spiritual body—a body adapted for the use of the spirit in the resurrection day.

William Evans and S. Maxwell Coder, The Great Doctrines of the Bible (Enl. ed.; Chicago: Moody Press, 1974), 246–247.

It's a body controlled or dominated by the spirit

it's physical, not immaterial

Learn

Spiritual Body of 1 Cor. 15 The interrelation of body and the totality of man’s being is illustrated by the contrast between the physical and the spiritual body in 1 Cor. 15:44, 46: “It is sown a physical body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body.… But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual.”
In response to a question about the nature or quality of the body to be raised in the resurrection (1 Cor. 15:35), Paul relates the body to be raised to that which is buried in death. His implicit answer is that the dead have a body that is altered in the resurrection. The body that is sown is the body that is raised. It is sown in one quality and raised in another, but it remains the same body. The physical body can be sown because it is subject to death. The body that is raised is spiritual, that is, renewed and governed by the Spirit.
The contrast between physical and spiritual has to do not with the substance of which the bodies are made but with the relation of the bodies.

C. B. Bass, “Body,” ed. Geoffrey W. Bromiley, The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Revised (Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1979–1988), 529.

THE SPIRITUAL BODY. AUGUSTINE: As the Spirit, when it serves the flesh, is not improperly said to be carnal, so the flesh, when it serves the spirit, will rightly be called spiritual—not because changed into spirit, as some suppose who misinterpret the text

Gerald Lewis Bray, ed., 1–2 Corinthians (Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture; Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), 173–174.

The Spiritual Body

The familiar soul/body (psychosomatic, soma psuchikon) interface of our present human existence is thereby transmuted in the resurrection into the spirit/body (pneumasomatic, soma pneumatikon) interface of the resurrected body—the spiritual body that is formed by the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead (Tho. Aq., ST III, Q56, II, p. 2324). The psychosomatic body that we now experience is adapted to the body-soul interface operative in all animal existence yet intensified by the self-determination distinctive of human freedom. The soma pneumatikon is a body existing in continuity with our present body but one that does not inherit incorruption (1 Cor. 15:50–53). The spiritual body does not lack body, but is embodied in a glorified manner.

Thomas C. Oden, The Word of Life: Systematic Theology, Vol. II (San Francisco, CA: HarperSanFrancisco, 1992), 481.

In this verse Paul begins to define the new body.
It is sown and it is raised: see the comments on verse 43.
Physical … spiritual: see comments on “spiritual … natural” in 2:13.
Spiritual body is a literal translation of the Greek. It does not mean a ghostly entity;

Paul Ellingworth, Howard Hatton, and Paul Ellingworth, A Handbook on Paul’s First Letter to the Corinthians (UBS Handbook Series; New York: United Bible Societies, 1995), 361.

A LITERAL RESURRECTION OF THE BODIES OF ALL MEN—A UNIVERSAL RESURRECTION
John 5:28—“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth.” 1 Cor. 15:22—“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” The apostle is speaking of physical death in Adam, and physical resurrection in Christ.
Revelation 20:12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10 both show the necessity of the raising of the body in order that judgment may take place according to things done in the body. See also Job’s hope (19:25–27); David’s hope (Psa. 16:9).
An objection is sometimes made to the effect that we literalize these scriptures which are intended to be metaphorical and spiritual. To this we reply: While the exact phrase, “resurrection of the body,” does not occur in the Bible, yet these scriptures clearly teach a physical rather than a spiritual resurrection. Indeed John 5:25–29 draws a sharp contrast between a spiritual (v.25) and a literal (v.28) resurrection. See also Phil. 3:21; 1 Thess. 4:13–17. 2 Tim. 2:18—“Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already,” indicates that the early church believed in a literal resurrection. Surely there is no reference here to a spiritual resurrection such as we read of in Ephesians 5:14. Acts 24:15 speaks of a resurrection of the just and the unjust—this cannot refer to a spiritual resurrection surely. The term “spiritual body” describes, not so much the body itself, as its nature. The “spiritual body” is body, not spirit, hence should not be considered as defining body. By the term “spiritual body” is meant the body spiritualized. So there is a natural body—a body adapted and designed for the use of the soul; and there is a spiritual body—a body adapted for the use of the spirit in the resurrection day.

William Evans and S. Maxwell Coder, The Great Doctrines of the Bible (Enl. ed.; Chicago: Moody Press, 1974), 246–247.
You love extra biblical commentary. Did you notice that you don’t think for yourself?

So much for celestial and terrestrial bodies, huh? You just think they’re all terrestrial. Your commentary completely distorted the chapter.

Tom...

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Not a single word of commentary from me.

You love extra biblical commentary. Did you notice that you don’t think for yourself?
Did you forget before i gave you that I told you the facts

previously

What do you not understand a body is physical

A spirit has no body and is unbodied, bodiless

Your lack of understanding and unwillingness to heed what I told you does not become my shortcoming

I am sola scriptura.

You are sola commentaria.
If that were so you would known context of scripture demonstrates Christ had a physical body and the resurrection body would be physical as well

I noted first context and meaning of words

then i supported it commentary

You are simply covering over a lack of understanding.

If that were so you would known context of scripture demonstrates Christ had a physical body and the resurrection body would be physical as well

I noted first context and meaning of words

then i supported it commentary

You are simply covering over a lack of understanding.
It is so.

A celestial body is real and tangible.

We don’t turn into a wind like substance.

The rich man in hell and Abraham had bodies after death.

Your commentary proves you need someone to help you redefine the Bible into silly metaphors of things you don’t believe in that are real.

I bet you don’t even believe that we will eat of the tree of life in the new heaven either, though Jesus said we will.

I bet you think Jesus was telling the churches a metaphoric riddle in Rev 2, correct?

Sola scriptural, Tom.

It is so.

A celestial body is real and tangible.

We don’t turn into a wind like substance.

The rich man in hell and Abraham had bodies after death.

Your commentary proves you need someone to help you redefine the Bible into silly metaphors of things you don’t believe in that are real.

I bet you don’t even believe that we will eat of the tree of life in the new heaven either, though Jesus said we will.

I bet you think Jesus was telling the churches a metaphoric riddle in Rev 2, correct?

Sola scriptural, Tom.
None of that addresses your clear lack of understanding regarding the scripture verse under discussion

Biblically you have no leg to stand on

being in error regarding the resurrection body of Christ

failing to consider the bible tells us we will be like christ

thus failing to understand the nature of the resurrection body

failing to understand the meaning of the term body soma - it is physical, material

failing to understand a spirit is bodiless unembodied, immaterial

you are merely attempting to justify your failures here.

None of that addresses your clear lack of understanding regarding the scripture verse under discussion

Biblically you have no leg to stand on

being in error regarding the resurrection body of Christ

failing to consider the bible tells us we will be like christ

thus failing to understand the nature of the resurrection body

failing to understand the meaning of the term body soma - it is physical, material

failing to understand a spirit is bodiless unembodied, immaterial

you are merely attempting to justify your failures here.
Do you think heaven is immaterial?

Do you think it is unreality and this earth is true reality?

Did Paul think that?

Is this earth life or is heaven life?

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Do you think heaven is immaterial?

Do you think it is unreality and this earth is true reality?

Did Paul think that?

Is this earth life or is heaven life?

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
I think you are avoiding the issue

Which is the physical resurrection body

I think you are avoiding the issue

Which is the physical resurrection body
You get a brand new one, like this...

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:....

Here is Jesus' post ascension body...

...and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus ,,,,

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Omnipresent bodily light.

You get a brand new one, like this...

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:....
1 Corinthians 15:35–38 (ESV) — 35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.

1 Corinthians 15:35–38 (ESV) — 35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?” 36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.
Reign with Christ 1000 years invisibly or headless?

Back
Top Bottom