What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming?

The dispensationalists (dps) say that they interpret the Bible literally. But they violate that claim with the letters to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3. The dps say that the 7 churches represents the whole church age - that the 7 letters are not meant just for those 7 churches. So they don't take those 2 chapters literally, but symbolically.

However there is nothing in those 2 chapters telling us that they represent anything other than what we see - 7 letters written to 7 actual churches.
To assign a particular letter to a particular time in church history is too sweeping. Not all churches in a particular time period were the same, so one set of instructions would not "fit" all of them, given their particular circumstances. However, this is not to say that all churches cannot learn from the instructions given to those 7 specific churches.

Also, dps say that Revelation 4:1 represents the rapture of the church, when John is caught up into heaven. There are problems with that view as well. First, the 7 churches do not represent the whole church age. If they did, then one could say, "See, the rapture follows immediately after the church age."

Also, even though John is taken up into heaven in Revelation 4:1, he is brought back down to earth in Revelation 11 to measure the temple. Then in Revelation 14 and 15, he is back up in heaven again. Then in Revelation 17, he is on earth again.

So if Revelation 4:1 represents the rapture of the church, then the church has to go back down to earth again, then taken back to heaven again, and then brought back to earth again. Of course that's ridiculous.

But some dps say, "But John heard a voice like the sound of a trumpet in Rev.4:1, Isn't that what happens at the rapture?" Yes, but look at Revelation 1:10: "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet." Does this mean that John was also raptured in Revelation 1:10? Of course not. So hearing a sound like a trumpet does not always mean a rapture occurs.

Finally, John does not represent the whole church. He is just one believer (although a very special one) and he alone was taken up to heaven in Rev. 4:1, not the whole church. Once again, the dps take this symbolically, saying that John symbolizes the whole church, rather than literally, contrary to their claim that they take all of scripture literally.
Having a problem with Dispentational teachings?
Taught by Justin Johnson on Sunday, January 8th, 2012.

Download MP3 | Download Outline

Description:

The dual natures of Jesus is essential to implement God’s purpose in the gospel of the grace of God. Christ could not die unless he was a man, yet Christ could not die for our sins unless he was God. Learn about the true nature of God and how if Jesus was God at all he had to be fully God and always God.

This is the first part of a series on the Natures of Jesus Christ.

Topical Index Page

Related Posts:
- The Natures of Christ – Humanity
- The Natures of Christ – Problem Verses
- The Natures of Christ
- Mark 13:32 and the Deity of Christ
- Heresies About the Incarnation
- Sin and Your Identity in Christ

See if you agree with this brother.

Having a problem with Dispentational teachings?
Taught by Justin Johnson on Sunday, January 8th, 2012.

Download MP3 | Download Outline

Description:

The dual natures of Jesus is essential to implement God’s purpose in the gospel of the grace of God. Christ could not die unless he was a man, yet Christ could not die for our sins unless he was God. Learn about the true nature of God and how if Jesus was God at all he had to be fully God and always God.

This is the first part of a series on the Natures of Jesus Christ.

Topical Index Page

Related Posts:
- The Natures of Christ – Humanity
- The Natures of Christ – Problem Verses
- The Natures of Christ
- Mark 13:32 and the Deity of Christ
- Heresies About the Incarnation
- Sin and Your Identity in Christ

See if you agree with this brother.

What has the 2 natures in Christ have anything to do with the Rapture ?

How is this on topic and not off topic ?

I'm not seeing the connection between Christs 2 natures and the Rapture.

The Spirit is Who taught me. No I'm not JW. So are you Calvinist and believe in OSAS?
Well you have been listening to the wrong spirit if you cannot understand the scriptures i posted for you.
The HOLY SPIRIT would never say that those scriptures were only for the apostles.
Just like here - John chapter 6

35And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
37All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Last edited:
@civic, thanks! Now, back on topic!

What?:

the Thessalonians maintained their rejection of the pre-trib Rapture (1 Thes. 3:5)?

"For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest​
by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain."​

Just when I thought...
You are missing something very important in Romans 16:25-27

Please read it again, very carefully and then let me know if you see it.

Peace my Brother
...thought ( erroneously ) that I had it all figured out? Now, great idea = Very Carefully,
and, also Very Prayerfully?:

The Lord Jesus Christ (v. 24):

"Now to Him that is of Power to Stablish you According to my Gospel, and the​
preaching of Jesus Christ, According to The Revelation Of The Mystery, Which​
Was Kept Secret since the world began, But Now Is Made Manifest, and By​
The Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the​
everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​
To God Only Wise, Be Glory Through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen."​
(Romans 16:25-27)​

Did I 'miss' "something Very Important?:

1) The Lord Jesus Christ Alone "is of Power to Stablish ( Save And Stabilize )" me,
not me or my 'good works'? How?:​

2) "According to Paul's Gospel"? Wait! Paul has his own Gospel? And?

3) "the preaching of Jesus Christ"? So, which is it? ( I have decided to 'follow Jesus'? ):

a) the Humble servant Jesus, Who came for the "lost sheep" of earthly Israel, and​
Prophesied to be their King?, or:​
b) the Risen and Glorified 'Head' Of us, The Heavenly Body Of Christ? According To?:​
4) "The Revelation Of The Mystery"? Did not God Give Paul a New and Different message and
ministry to pronounce unto me, a [ former 'heathen' ] Gentile? Different from Prophecy?​
5) "Kept Secret since the world began"? What? Some think "same as What [ Prophecy ]
That Christ Taught Peter and the eleven"? How can that be? Oh, Now 'I see':​
6) "But Now Is Made Manifest", Correct?

Should I ever mix the two [ prophecy and Mystery ] up in confusion? and?:​

Could this be the 'important miss' that @DavidTree can help with?:

7) "And By The Scriptures of the prophets,"? "hard to understand" this yet, but, still
humbly studying (2Ti 2:15), to be Approved [ not 'destroyed' ] because, as Peter says:​
"As also in all his [ Paul's v. 15 ] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which​
are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and​
unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction."​
(2 Peter 3:16)​

8) "according to the commandment of the everlasting God,"? God Commanded
[ One apostle ] Paul? or: ................... all thirteen apostles?, to have This [ Heavenly ]
.... ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ...​
"Revelation Of The Mystery":

9) "made known to all nations for the obedience of faith"!

10) "To God Only Wise, Be Glory Through Jesus Christ for ever, Amen" self explanatory?

Precious friend(s), sound about right? Please do [ I'm humbly open ] fill in anything missing?

Is not pre-trib rapture To God's Great GloryLand?:

The end Of The [ Heavenly ] Revelation Of The Mystery, so: prophecy ( Now 'on HOLD'! )
can Continue, and God Will Finish "Fulfilling All the rest Of HIs [ earthly ] Prophecies" for
His Chosen nation, Israel [ with twelve apostles ]?

Amen.

Last edited:
@civic, thanks! Now, back on topic!

What?:

the Thessalonians maintained their rejection of the pre-trib Rapture (1 Thes. 3:5)?

"For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest​
by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain."​

Just when I thought...

...thought ( erroneously ) that I had it all figured out? Now, great idea = Very Carefully,
and, also Very Prayerfully?:

The Lord Jesus Christ (v. 24):

"Now to Him that is of Power to Stablish you According to my Gospel, and the​
preaching of Jesus Christ, According to The Revelation Of The Mystery, Which​
Was Kept Secret since the world began, But Now Is Made Manifest, and By​
The Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the​
everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​
To God Only Wise, Be Glory Through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen."​
(Romans 16:25-27)​

Did I 'miss' "something Very Important?:

1) The Lord Jesus Christ Alone "is of Power to Stablish ( Save And Stabilize )" me,
not me or my 'good works'? How?:​

2) "According to Paul's Gospel"? Wait! Paul has his own Gospel? And?

3) "the preaching of Jesus Christ"? So, which is it? ( I have decided to 'follow Jesus'? ):

a) the Humble servant Jesus, Who came for the "lost sheep" of earthly Israel, and​
Prophesied to be their King?, or:​
b) the Risen and Glorified 'Head' Of us, The Heavenly Body Of Christ? According To?:​
4) "The Revelation Of The Mystery"? Did not God Give Paul a New and Different message and
ministry to pronounce unto me, a [ former 'heathen' ] Gentile? Different from Prophecy?​
5) "Kept Secret since the world began"? What? Some think "same as What [ Prophecy ]
That Christ Taught Peter and the eleven"? How can that be? Oh, Now 'I see':​
6) "But Now Is Made Manifest", Correct?

Should I ever mix the two [ prophecy and Mystery ] up in confusion? and?:​

Could this be the 'important miss' that @DavidTree can help with?:

7) "And By The Scriptures of the prophets,"? "hard to understand" this yet, but, still
humbly studying (2Ti 2:15), to be Approved [ not 'destroyed' ] because, as Peter says:​
"As also in all his [ Paul's v. 15 ] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which​
are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and​
unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction."​
(2 Peter 3:16)​

8) "according to the commandment of the everlasting God,"? God Commanded
[ One apostle ] Paul? or: ................... all thirteen apostles?, to have This [ Heavenly ]
.... ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ...​
"Revelation Of The Mystery":

9) "made known to all nations for the obedience of faith"!

10) "To God Only Wise, Be Glory Through Jesus Christ for ever, Amen" self explanatory?

Precious friend(s), sound about right? Please do [ I'm humbly open ] fill in anything missing?

Is not pre-trib rapture To God's Great GloryLand?:

The end Of The [ Heavenly ] Revelation Of The Mystery, so: prophecy ( Now 'on HOLD'! )
can Continue, and God Will Finish "Fulfilling All the rest Of HIs [ earthly ] Prophecies" for
His Chosen nation, Israel [ with twelve apostles ]?

Amen.

"But Now Is Made Manifest, and By
The Scriptures of the prophets(OT Prophets),"

Maybe easier to SEE in LARGE PRINT

Maybe easier to SEE in LARGE PRINT
This mystery is clearly revealed in the text, and is no longer a mystery. Yet, for many people it remains a mystery simply because they do not read the text.

If the church is to get anywhere in understanding God’s will for today, it will begin with acknowledging the revelation of the mystery of Christ to Paul.

Don’t take my word for it, read it yourself in the Bible.

“Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:…” – Romans 16:25-26

“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” – 1 Corinthians 2:7-8
“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:…” – Colossians 1:25-27
“Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:…” – Ephesians 1:9-10

“How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, …” – Ephesians 3:3-10

“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
What God had spoken of by the mouth of His prophets since the world began is not what God kept secret since the world began (Acts 3:21 vs. Rom 16:25). Mixing mystery truth with the message prophesied to Israel has led to many doctrinal heresies and confusions.

Without understanding the mystery Christ revealed to Paul we cannot be faithful stewards of those mysteries, nor faithful ministers of Christ.

“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Cor 4:1-2
More importantly, if we do not understand the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul we cannot obey the Lord’s greatest commission “to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” with its unsearchable riches (Eph 3:8-9)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BE YE FOLLOWERS OF PAUL
AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
– 1 Corinthians 11:1

1. Reasons to Be Followers Of Paul

a. Over half of NT written by (13/27 books) or about (17/28 ch. in Acts & a mention in 2Pet 3) Paul

b. The scripture saysit – 2Thes 3:4, 1Thes 4:1, Phi 4:9& 3:17, 1Cor 11:1& 4:16

c. God commanded it – 1Tim 1:1, Titus 1:3, Gal 1:1

d. The gospel was committed to his trust –Gal 2:2&7, 1Tim 1:11, 1Cor 9:17
i. Paul’s “MY gospel”s – Ro 2:16 & 16:25, 2Ti 2:8, 2Co 4:3, 1Thes 1:5, 2Thes, 2:14, Gal 1:8-12

e. Jesus Christ sent Paul – 1Tim 1:12, Acts 9:15 & 26:16-18

f. Paul was the last person to see the Lord Jesus Christ – 1Cor 5:8 (Acts 26:16, 2Cor 12:1&7)

g. Peter defers to Paul –Gal 2:9, 2Pet 3:15-16

h. You are not a Jew – John 4:22, Acts 15:11, Rom 11:13 & 15:16, Col 1:27

i. Paul’s message completes the word of God – Col 1:25-26, Eph 3:9-10

j. For understanding of all things – 2Tim 2:7 (Col 1:9, Eph 1:18)

k. Your salvation demands it – 1Tim 1:16

i. If you’re saved, you’re following Paul even if you don’t know it, admit it, or want to
2. Consequences of Not Making Paul Your Pattern

a. The gospel of Christ’s finished work forsalvation is distorted or hidden – 2Cor 4:3, Gal 1:8

b. Jesus Christ is diminished – Paul speaks more of Christ than anyone in the scripture:

i. Christ/Jesus Christ/Christ Jesus(72% of NT), Lord Jesus Christ (76/82x’s)

ii. Departing from Paul takes you away from magnifying Christ – Phi 1:20 & 3:7-9

c. Your presently possessed & complete position in Christ disappears – Col 2:10, Eph 1:3, Rom 5:11

i. Your patience, endurance, faithfulness, & good works determine your standing with God
d. Key tenants of Christianity deemphasized. Paul speaks about more than rest of NT combined:

i. Grace, Glory, Hope, Joy, Charity, Faith, Gospel, Thankfulness/thanksgiving, Righteousness,
Redemption, Reconciliation, Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom, Church, Fellowship,
Atonement*, Dispensation*, Communion*, Body of Christ* (*only found in Paul)

e. Ignorance of the will of God – (phrase alone = 17/25x’s) – Eph 5:17 (See “Paul: Our Pattern, Pt. 1”)

f. Ignorance of how to properly serve God – Rom 14:18-19 (See “Paul: Our Pattern, Pt. 2”)

i. The body of Christ is weakened& not built up – Eph 4:14-18

ii. Which results in wood, hay, stubble, and loss at the judgment seat – 1Cor 3:10,13,15

Shalom
J.

This mystery is clearly revealed in the text, and is no longer a mystery. Yet, for many people it remains a mystery simply because they do not read the text.

If the church is to get anywhere in understanding God’s will for today, it will begin with acknowledging the revelation of the mystery of Christ to Paul.

Don’t take my word for it, read it yourself in the Bible.

“Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:…” – Romans 16:25-26

“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” – 1 Corinthians 2:7-8
“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:…” – Colossians 1:25-27
“Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:…” – Ephesians 1:9-10

“How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, …” – Ephesians 3:3-10

“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Corinthians 4:1-2
What God had spoken of by the mouth of His prophets since the world began is not what God kept secret since the world began (Acts 3:21 vs. Rom 16:25). Mixing mystery truth with the message prophesied to Israel has led to many doctrinal heresies and confusions.

Without understanding the mystery Christ revealed to Paul we cannot be faithful stewards of those mysteries, nor faithful ministers of Christ.

“Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Cor 4:1-2
More importantly, if we do not understand the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul we cannot obey the Lord’s greatest commission “to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” with its unsearchable riches (Eph 3:8-9)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BE YE FOLLOWERS OF PAUL
AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
– 1 Corinthians 11:1

1. Reasons to Be Followers Of Paul

a. Over half of NT written by (13/27 books) or about (17/28 ch. in Acts & a mention in 2Pet 3) Paul

b. The scripture saysit – 2Thes 3:4, 1Thes 4:1, Phi 4:9& 3:17, 1Cor 11:1& 4:16

c. God commanded it – 1Tim 1:1, Titus 1:3, Gal 1:1

d. The gospel was committed to his trust –Gal 2:2&7, 1Tim 1:11, 1Cor 9:17
i. Paul’s “MY gospel”s – Ro 2:16 & 16:25, 2Ti 2:8, 2Co 4:3, 1Thes 1:5, 2Thes, 2:14, Gal 1:8-12

e. Jesus Christ sent Paul – 1Tim 1:12, Acts 9:15 & 26:16-18

f. Paul was the last person to see the Lord Jesus Christ – 1Cor 5:8 (Acts 26:16, 2Cor 12:1&7)

g. Peter defers to Paul –Gal 2:9, 2Pet 3:15-16

h. You are not a Jew – John 4:22, Acts 15:11, Rom 11:13 & 15:16, Col 1:27

i. Paul’s message completes the word of God – Col 1:25-26, Eph 3:9-10

j. For understanding of all things – 2Tim 2:7 (Col 1:9, Eph 1:18)

k. Your salvation demands it – 1Tim 1:16

i. If you’re saved, you’re following Paul even if you don’t know it, admit it, or want to
2. Consequences of Not Making Paul Your Pattern

a. The gospel of Christ’s finished work forsalvation is distorted or hidden – 2Cor 4:3, Gal 1:8

b. Jesus Christ is diminished – Paul speaks more of Christ than anyone in the scripture:

i. Christ/Jesus Christ/Christ Jesus(72% of NT), Lord Jesus Christ (76/82x’s)

ii. Departing from Paul takes you away from magnifying Christ – Phi 1:20 & 3:7-9

c. Your presently possessed & complete position in Christ disappears – Col 2:10, Eph 1:3, Rom 5:11

i. Your patience, endurance, faithfulness, & good works determine your standing with God
d. Key tenants of Christianity deemphasized. Paul speaks about more than rest of NT combined:

i. Grace, Glory, Hope, Joy, Charity, Faith, Gospel, Thankfulness/thanksgiving, Righteousness,
Redemption, Reconciliation, Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom, Church, Fellowship,
Atonement*, Dispensation*, Communion*, Body of Christ* (*only found in Paul)

e. Ignorance of the will of God – (phrase alone = 17/25x’s) – Eph 5:17 (See “Paul: Our Pattern, Pt. 1”)

f. Ignorance of how to properly serve God – Rom 14:18-19 (See “Paul: Our Pattern, Pt. 2”)

i. The body of Christ is weakened& not built up – Eph 4:14-18

ii. Which results in wood, hay, stubble, and loss at the judgment seat – 1Cor 3:10,13,15

Shalom
J.
Can an unbeliever, unregenerate person know the mystery ?

good so only a born again believer by the very Spirit of God revealing it to them can know and understand the mystery. :)
How does the Holy Spirit reveal the 'Mystery'?

Answer: The SAME Way the LORD demonstrated for us.

Which is...................................................you're up @civic

Well you have been listening to the wrong spirit if you cannot understand the scriptures i posted for you.
The HOLY SPIRIT would never say that those scriptures were only for the apostles.
Just like here - John chapter 6

35And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
37All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
Thank you for showing me another one. Only the apostles stayed with Jesus.

John 6

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is [k]food indeed, and My blood is [l]drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a [m]hard saying; who can understand it?”

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples [n]complained about this, He said to them, “Does this [o]offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [q]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?” 71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.

Last edited:
Thank you for showing me another one. Only the apostles stayed with Jesus.

John 6

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is [k]food indeed, and My blood is [l]drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a [m]hard saying; who can understand it?”

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples [n]complained about this, He said to them, “Does this [o]offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the [q]Christ, the Son of the living God.”

70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?” 71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve.
“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Exactly. Many are called, few are chosen.

It is not just the apostles, there are other offices also in Ephesians 4. Notice the word "gave."

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

Thanks again. I love learning something new every day.

In 2000 God spoke to me and said "I am giving you the office of Teacher." After that I noticed something. 1 John 2:27.

David, if you haven't been born again of the Spirit and been filled with Him, repent and seek it, for only those who are born again can understand Scriptures fully.

Brother, let me know if you find anymore key words.

Last edited:
7) "And By The Scriptures of the prophets,"?
Colored it red. Maybe that will help. :D
Wonderful - appreciate the colorful input; 'But Now,' was it prophets under the law /
covenants / God's Prophetic program? Or, could it possibly be:

'Prophets' in The Body Of Christ, Under Grace / God's "But NOW" Mystery Program?:

1Co_12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets,..."​

"How that By Revelation He Made Known Unto me The Mystery; (as I wrote​
afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge​
in The Mystery of Christ)..." (Ephesians 3:3-4)​

Seriously? You expect us to 'take your word'?: "Made known to OT / law prophets,
who wrote it in Scriptures"? Nay, but Rather, we Take God's Word, As He Says:

"...Which in other [ OT / prophetic? ] ages was NOT made known unto the sons of men,​
as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets By The Spirit" (Ephesians 3:5)​
Amen?
Surely then, it was these new Grace prophets that preached, with Paul, Jesus Christ,
According to [ Now Revealed ] The Revelation Of The Mystery, carried Paul's letters
[ Scriptures ] with them, and copied them [ Scriptures ] for other churches, and so on
and so on...

Now that would be the Correct meaning of Paul's "And By The Scriptures Of the [ Grace/
Mystery ] prophets", Right?

@DavidTree:
Precious friend(s), Grace And Peace to you!

--------------------------------------------
Studying Very Carefully and prayerfully?:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Back
Top Bottom