What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming?

your making it say that .its called interposition. while i do hold to pretrib its gonna happen exactly the way the good Lord has planned. not how you or me or anyone else thinks i got booted out of a forum for calling admin on this.. they didn like said i was arguing . facts are Jesus is coming morning night or noon. the way it looks it sure dont look like any of us that are saved. will be here much longer . i expect to be took out of here any day
Post 198 is a DIRECT quote from the Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Please explain your assumption of "interposition" upon 1 Thess 4:13-18

This survey/request is for you also @dizerner

lol i done did it happens the way the time the Lord wants
YES, i agree with you that "it will happen at the time the LORD wants"

The LORD will decide the exact "Day and Hour" of His Return.

Regardless of the Day/Hour, there is an ORDER of His Coming and our Glorification into His Likeness.

#1 - JESUS will not return until the Prophecies of Daniel and Joel are fulfilled = Matt ch24 , 2 Thessalonians ch2 , 1 John , Acts ch2

#2 - When the LORD does Return, the Resurrection of His Saints takes place FIRST = 1 Thess 4:13-18

#3 - AFTER the Resurrection of the Saints who died in Christ, will be the Rapture of alive remaining Saints = 1 Thess 4:13-18

Blessing be upon from our LORD Jesus Christ - Good Night ezra

Amen as you know thick skin is a requirement for these forums lol.
What bothers me is THEIR fruit is so immature this close to the second coming! They don't even know 2 Pt. 1:5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

I am reminded of times when I have spoken to people who were influenced by demons and they would always hold onto the thought that they were elite compared to everyone else somehow. The holding onto this idea of superiority is what allowed the demon to control them and their impulses.

Something to consider anyway regarding the sin of pride and elitism.

"For if the light within you becomes darkness, how great is that darkness!"

some of your fruit is mature you we all of us are a WIP . fruit is something produced by the Holy spirit while connected to the true vine , we all have areas needs more work aka pruning. so another area can mature
You are speaking for yourself, not everyone. Peter says "5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Even Paul, who kept working at it and in many letters gives the impression to you I imagine that it is impossible, finally made it. His last letter before he died says, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

Jesus said in Matthew, "14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Ezra, Jesus said it is "difficult" not impossible. He is coming back for a spotless bride, and I am working my own salvation to be part of it. Stop listening to false teachers like those in Calvinism and join me, brother before it is too late! I am afraid for the Laodecian church era. Read the Bible for all its worth! You may have a lot of catching up to do. Most of all repent and ask Jesus to give you His Spirit. You have to be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. Don't debate this message to you. That's wasting precious time.

Last edited:
The rapture and the second coming of Christ are often confused. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether a scripture verse is referring to the rapture or the second coming. However, in studying end-times Bible prophecy, it is very important to differentiate between the two.

The rapture is when Jesus Christ returns to remove the church (all believers in Christ) from the earth. The rapture is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air. This will all occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye. The second coming is when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist, destroy evil, and establish His millennial kingdom. The second coming is described in Revelation 19:11-16.

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.

From Got?
I know I am jumping into this discussion late, and maybe a lot of this has been already discussed, but please allow me to postulate a couple of things here:
First, the way you describe the rapture, what you call the second coming would in fact be the THIRD coming, because Christ will come back (as you said above) and the dead in Christ will be raised, and the living meet Him in the air.
Second, you state that there is no mention of the Church between Rev 6 and Rev 19. But there are still martyrs that have not been killed in Rev 6:11. And in Rev 7, the angels hold back the winds until those who are Christ's are sealed. And then multitudes are seen who are worshiping and praising God. This is the Church. If everyone in the Church is taken in Rev 5, and there is no one left to preach the Gospel after chapter 6, then from whom did this multitude hear the Gospel (Rom 10:14-15).
Third, we are in the tribulation now.

The rapture will occur during the second coming. At the second coming, the entirety of the physical universe will be destroyed completely by fire (2 Pet 3:10-13). The "wedding feast" of the Lamb and the Church will be held in Heaven (Rev 20:1-6). And after the "thousand years" (purely symbolic since time is a function of creation) the rest of the dead (the evil ones) will be raised and again fight against God, but God will subdue them, judge them, and send them to Hell for eternity. Then the new Heavens and new Earth will be made, and the righteous will live there with God (Rev 21).

Johann,

The Apostle Paul said emphatically that the Rapture will not occur until AFTER the Resurrection which ONLY occurs at His Coming.

1 Thess 4:15-16
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord,
that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.
And the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Cor 15:20-23
But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming

1 Cor 15:51
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.
For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

In the LIGHT of these scriptures from the Holy Spirit speaking thru the Apostle Paul = Do you still REVERSE the Order of the Rapture by going against the very words of the LORD?
Yes, those are all post-trib. scriptures. Very clear.

Back
Top Bottom