The Uncreated Word of God (Jesus) is God.

synergy

Lets start with John 1:1-14:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
John 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
John 1:6 There was a man sent from God; his name was John.
John 1:7 This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him.
John 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
John 1:9 He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him.
John 1:11 He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
John 1:13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Let’s recognize these attributes of the Word of God:
  1. “The Word was God”
  2. “All things came into being through Him”, i.e.: the Word is Uncreated,
  3. “the Word became flesh”.
Which person do you suppose John is pointing to when he said that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us? Both @Wrangler and I agree that person is Jesus.
https://berean-apologetics.communit...trinity-is-wrong-language-usage.201/post-5219

So, connect "Word was God" with "Word became flesh" with the fact that the Word is Jesus and what do you get?

The Uncreated Word of God (Jesus) was God and still is.

Side Notes:
The Word of God, aka the Son of God, is Christ Himself. The Bible is oftentimes referred to as the word of God but again it is Christ Himself Who is the Word of God. See Rev 19:13.
Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

In the OT, the Word of God communicated as a Divine Person. See 1 Kings 12:22 and 1 Ch 17:3:
1 Kings 12:22 But the Word of God came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
1 Ch 17:3 And it happened the same night the Word of God came to Nathan, saying,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
John 1:7 This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him.
John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him.
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
John 1:13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

1. “The Word was God”
Which person do you suppose John is pointing to when he said that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us? Both @Wrangler and I agree that person is Jesus.
https://berean-apologetics.communit...trinity-is-wrong-language-usage.201/post-5219

So, connect "Word was God" with "Word became flesh" with the fact that the Word is Jesus and what do you get?

Side Notes:
The Word of God, aka the Son of God, is Christ Himself. The Bible is oftentimes referred to as the word of God but again it is Christ Himself Who is the Word of God. See Rev 19:13.
Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

In the OT, the Word of God communicated as a Divine Person. See 1 Kings 12:22 and 1 Ch 17:3:
1 Ch 17:3 And it happened the same night the Word of God came to Nathan, saying,
I love this its excellent. Thanks for sharing it with us brother. I love it when Christ it exalted and glorified in His rightful place. That is exactly what Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would do is Glorify Him. Amen !

John 16:14-He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Last edited:
I love this its excellent. Thanks for sharing it with us brother. I love it when Christ it exalted and glorified in His rightful place. That is exactly what Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would do is Glorify Him. Amen !

John 16:14-He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
I copied @Wrangler within my OP. I'd like to see what OP counterarguments he could possibly present.

Unfortunately, English is not as concise as Greek is. The English word "word" is used to translate all five of these Greek words: λογος/λογω, λογον, ρημα/ρηματι, and maybe even more.

In the Koine Greek NT, λογος/λογω is for Christ, ρημα/ρηματι is for the spoken word, and λογον is for the written/recorded/memorized/spoken word.

For example, when Heb 4:2 mentions that "the Word of God is living", it is λογος that is written in the Greek. Last time I checked, my Bible did not have a pulse.

(Heb 4:12) For the Word (λογος) of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

So tell me, where do you see the conspiracy? You see, all paranoia evaporates when one consults the Koine Greek text.

Care to address my OP or will you skip over it again?

As for your OP, I can do a similar study of the Koine Greek OT & NT word "κυριος" if you wish, time permitting. I'm sure I'll come to a non-paranoid conclusion again.

Last edited:

1. “The Word was God”

Side Notes:

Well said brother-
Johann.

Well said brother-
Johann.
Thus, instead of being ambiguous John 1:1 is one of the clearest and most explicit testimonies to the Deity of the Lord Jesus since it proclaims that Christ is the eternal Logos who had intimate fellowship with God (the Father) even before creation came into being.

In fact the text goes on to identify Christ as the divine Agent of creation, the One whom the Father employed to bring every created thing into existence:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. ALL THINGS came into being THROUGH HIM, and APART FROM HIM NOTHING came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men… There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him… And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:1-4, 9-10, 14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Here is another translation which helps bring out John’s intended meaning:

“At the beginning God expressed himself. That personal expression, that word, was with God, and was God, and he existed with God from the beginning. All creation took place through him, and none took place without him. In him appeared life and this life was the light of mankind… That was the true light which shines upon every man as he comes into the world. He came into the world—the world he had created—and the world failed to recognise him. He came into his own creation, and his own people would not accept him… So the word of God became a human being and lived among us. We saw his splendour (the splendour as of a father’s only son), full of grace and truth.” J. B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

In light of the foregoing could John have been any clearer regarding the eternal nature and absolute Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ?

But that’s not all that John has to say regarding Christ’s Deity.

For instance, in this very same Gospel one of Jesus’ disciples makes an explicit Christological confession which equates the risen Lord with Yahweh God:

“Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, ‘We have seen the Lord.’ But he said to them, ‘Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe.’ Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, ‘Peace be with you.’ Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing.’ Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God (ho kyrios mou kai ho theos mou)!’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.’” John 20:24-29

After seeing the resurrected Christ Thomas worships him as his Lord and his God, with the risen Lord blessing this proclamation as a sign of true belief.

What makes this act of worship truly astonishing is that Thomas’ statement resembles that of the prophet David who made a similar confession in a prayer to Yahweh his God:

“Awake, O Lord, and attend to my judgment, [even] to my cause, my God and my Lord (ho theos mou kai ho kyrios mou).” Psalm 34[Heb. 35]:23 LXX

Just as remarkable is that the Israelites were absolutely forbidden from looking to any other god besides Yahweh since they were expressly told that Yahweh is the only God that they were to worship and obey:

“And God spoke all these words, saying, ‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me.’” Exodus 20:1-3

“(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),” Exodus 34:14

Hence, the only way that Jesus could ever accept Thomas’ confession that he is his Lord and his God is if Christ actually believed himself to be (and actually was/is) Yahweh God Incarnate. Otherwise, both Thomas and the risen Lord would be guilty of blaspheming Yahweh if in fact Christ wasn’t actually God in the flesh.

Another way that this Gospel identifies Jesus as Yahweh Incarnate is through the “I Am” statements (Gr. ego eimi) of Christ, some examples of which include the following:

“Jesus knew everything that was to happen to him, so he went out and asked, ‘Who are you looking for?’ They answered, ‘Jesus the Nazarene.’ He said to them, ‘I Am.’ (Judas, his betrayer, was standing with them.) When he said, ‘I Am,’ they shrank back and fell to the ground.’” John 18:4-6 Common English Bible (CEB) – cf. 4:26; 6:20; 13:19

The Lord’s use of the “I Am” forces the soldiers to fall backwards to the ground, clearly showing that the Evangelist intends this to be more than a simple response to their reply that they were looking for Jesus. Here is another:

“He said to them, ‘You are from below; I’m from above. You are from this world; I’m not from this world. This is why I told you that you would die in your sins. If you don’t believe that I Am, you will die in your sins.’… So Jesus said to them, ‘When the Human One is lifted up, then you will know that I Am. Then you will know that I do nothing on my own, but I say just what the Father has taught me. He who sent me is with me. He doesn’t leave me by myself, because I always do what makes him happy.” John 8:23-24, 28-29 CEB

Jesus makes salvation dependent on a person realizing that he is the “I Am” who is from above and not from the world below. He also says that his exaltation will result in people realizing that, as the One who is the “I Am,” he is in perfect union with the Father and therefore always does those things that please him.

This next one is most interesting:

“‘Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.’ Then the Jews said to Him, ‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.” John 8:56-59 NKJV

Jesus claims that he and Abraham saw one another, which caused the patriarch great joy. This shocked the Jews who couldn’t fathom how he could have seen one of Israel’s physical ancestors/progenitors who had been died for approximately two thousand years. The Lord responds by saying that, unlike Abraham who came into existence, he has always been and will always continue to be.

In other words, Jesus used the “I Am” to denote his eternal, timeless existence, a point which is brought out more clearly in the following translations:

“I tell you the truth; I AM before Abraham was born.” John 8:58 The Voice (VOICE)

“‘I tell you in solemn truth,’ returned Jesus, ‘before there was an Abraham, I AM!’” PHILLIPS

“Jesus said to them, ‘For sure, I tell you, before Abraham was born, I was and am and always will be!’” New Life Version (NLV)

Therefore, as someone who is eternal by nature Christ not only existed before Abraham came into being, he even existed before the creation of the world itself!

“Now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I shared with you before the world was created.” John 17:5 CEB

It is little wonder that this claim to eternal existence has led many scholars to see a direct connection between Jesus’ words here with what God told Moses at the burning bush:

“Then Moses said to God, ‘If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, “The God of your fathers has sent me to you,” and they ask me, “What is his name?” what shall I say to them?’ God said to Moses, ‘I am who I am.” And he said, ‘Say this to the people of Israel, “I am has sent me to you.”’” Exodus 3:13-14

Thus, the same “I Am” that appeared to Moses had now become a flesh and blood human being in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ!

These are just some of the many ways in which John’s Gospel identifies Christ as the eternal God himself who had become a flesh and blood human being.

We are not through yet since we have more to say in the next part.

https://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/rebuttals/ally/ally_white_reply/5a.html#:~:text=Thus, instead of,next part.

The birth of God.

Last edited:
Thus, instead of being ambiguous John 1:1 is one of the clearest and most explicit testimonies to the Deity of the Lord Jesus since it proclaims that Christ is the eternal Logos who had intimate fellowship with God (the Father) even before creation came into being.

In fact the text goes on to identify Christ as the divine Agent of creation, the One whom the Father employed to bring every created thing into existence:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. ALL THINGS came into being THROUGH HIM, and APART FROM HIM NOTHING came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men… There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him… And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:1-4, 9-10, 14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Here is another translation which helps bring out John’s intended meaning:

“At the beginning God expressed himself. That personal expression, that word, was with God, and was God, and he existed with God from the beginning. All creation took place through him, and none took place without him. In him appeared life and this life was the light of mankind… That was the true light which shines upon every man as he comes into the world. He came into the world—the world he had created—and the world failed to recognise him. He came into his own creation, and his own people would not accept him… So the word of God became a human being and lived among us. We saw his splendour (the splendour as of a father’s only son), full of grace and truth.” J. B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

In light of the foregoing could John have been any clearer regarding the eternal nature and absolute Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ?

But that’s not all that John has to say regarding Christ’s Deity.

For instance, in this very same Gospel one of Jesus’ disciples makes an explicit Christological confession which equates the risen Lord with Yahweh God:

“Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, ‘We have seen the Lord.’ But he said to them, ‘Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe.’ Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, ‘Peace be with you.’ Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing.’ Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God (ho kyrios mou kai ho theos mou)!’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.’” John 20:24-29

After seeing the resurrected Christ Thomas worships him as his Lord and his God, with the risen Lord blessing this proclamation as a sign of true belief.

What makes this act of worship truly astonishing is that Thomas’ statement resembles that of the prophet David who made a similar confession in a prayer to Yahweh his God:

“Awake, O Lord, and attend to my judgment, [even] to my cause, my God and my Lord (ho theos mou kai ho kyrios mou).” Psalm 34[Heb. 35]:23 LXX

Just as remarkable is that the Israelites were absolutely forbidden from looking to any other god besides Yahweh since they were expressly told that Yahweh is the only God that they were to worship and obey:

“And God spoke all these words, saying, ‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me.’” Exodus 20:1-3

“(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),” Exodus 34:14

Hence, the only way that Jesus could ever accept Thomas’ confession that he is his Lord and his God is if Christ actually believed himself to be (and actually was/is) Yahweh God Incarnate. Otherwise, both Thomas and the risen Lord would be guilty of blaspheming Yahweh if in fact Christ wasn’t actually God in the flesh.

Another way that this Gospel identifies Jesus as Yahweh Incarnate is through the “I Am” statements (Gr. ego eimi) of Christ, some examples of which include the following:

“Jesus knew everything that was to happen to him, so he went out and asked, ‘Who are you looking for?’ They answered, ‘Jesus the Nazarene.’ He said to them, ‘I Am.’ (Judas, his betrayer, was standing with them.) When he said, ‘I Am,’ they shrank back and fell to the ground.’” John 18:4-6 Common English Bible (CEB) – cf. 4:26; 6:20; 13:19

The Lord’s use of the “I Am” forces the soldiers to fall backwards to the ground, clearly showing that the Evangelist intends this to be more than a simple response to their reply that they were looking for Jesus. Here is another:

“He said to them, ‘You are from below; I’m from above. You are from this world; I’m not from this world. This is why I told you that you would die in your sins. If you don’t believe that I Am, you will die in your sins.’… So Jesus said to them, ‘When the Human One is lifted up, then you will know that I Am. Then you will know that I do nothing on my own, but I say just what the Father has taught me. He who sent me is with me. He doesn’t leave me by myself, because I always do what makes him happy.” John 8:23-24, 28-29 CEB

Jesus makes salvation dependent on a person realizing that he is the “I Am” who is from above and not from the world below. He also says that his exaltation will result in people realizing that, as the One who is the “I Am,” he is in perfect union with the Father and therefore always does those things that please him.

This next one is most interesting:

“‘Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.’ Then the Jews said to Him, ‘You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?’ Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.’ Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.” John 8:56-59 NKJV

Jesus claims that he and Abraham saw one another, which caused the patriarch great joy. This shocked the Jews who couldn’t fathom how he could have seen one of Israel’s physical ancestors/progenitors who had been died for approximately two thousand years. The Lord responds by saying that, unlike Abraham who came into existence, he has always been and will always continue to be.

In other words, Jesus used the “I Am” to denote his eternal, timeless existence, a point which is brought out more clearly in the following translations:

“I tell you the truth; I AM before Abraham was born.” John 8:58 The Voice (VOICE)

“‘I tell you in solemn truth,’ returned Jesus, ‘before there was an Abraham, I AM!’” PHILLIPS

“Jesus said to them, ‘For sure, I tell you, before Abraham was born, I was and am and always will be!’” New Life Version (NLV)

Therefore, as someone who is eternal by nature Christ not only existed before Abraham came into being, he even existed before the creation of the world itself!

“Now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I shared with you before the world was created.” John 17:5 CEB

It is little wonder that this claim to eternal existence has led many scholars to see a direct connection between Jesus’ words here with what God told Moses at the burning bush:

“Then Moses said to God, ‘If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, “The God of your fathers has sent me to you,” and they ask me, “What is his name?” what shall I say to them?’ God said to Moses, ‘I am who I am.” And he said, ‘Say this to the people of Israel, “I am has sent me to you.”’” Exodus 3:13-14

Thus, the same “I Am” that appeared to Moses had now become a flesh and blood human being in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ!

These are just some of the many ways in which John’s Gospel identifies Christ as the eternal God himself who had become a flesh and blood human being.

We are not through yet since we have more to say in the next part.

https://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/rebuttals/ally/ally_white_reply/5a.html#:~:text=Thus, instead of,next part.

The birth of God.
It's a sad fact that Unitarians and Muslims are both guilty of the very same Arian heresy. Muslims are guilty of countless heresies. When Christians appeal to Muslims for support of their fundamental beliefs then you know that something is seriously bad.

It's a sad fact that Unitarians and Muslims are both guilty of the very same Arian heresy. Muslims are guilty of countless heresies. When Christians appeal to Muslims for support of their fundamental beliefs then you know that something is seriously bad.
Brother-the Deity of Messiah is under attack and the core doctrine we hold dear-Atonement.

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Stay strong , rooted in Christ Jesus.
Johann.

Christianity & Islam: Who Is the True Jesus? The Jesus of the Qur'an or the Jesus of the Bible?

let's look at verse 1 first. "and the Word was with God" this ends any trinity, or unitarian view in their tracks. for
A. how was the Word with God and yet is God? without any doubt ..... he is God.

B. if God, how is he Alone as "GOD".

101G has the answer in God himself. "ECHAD". Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST MISSED UNDERSTOOD VERSE IN THE BIBLE. know the ECHAD one knows if God is a trinity or not.

101G.

the deity of the Messiah is not under attack, but some men doctrine about his deity is under attack

101G.

Why are you the one ATTACKING sir?

Want a hammer and three spikes to use?

Like they did with Jesus back then..
Some desire to CRUCIFY the Word of God today.

The one who most hates to hear that Jesus is God?

Is the one who desired to make himself like the Most High...

........ That's not very good company you're keeping @101G.

Why are you the one ATTACKING sir?
Am I?
Want a hammer and three spikes to use?
only one will do.... (smile).
Like they did with Jesus back then..
Some desire to CRUCIFY the Word of God today.
did they succeed? ..... (smile), .................... nor today either.
The one who most hates to hear that Jesus is God?

Is the one who desired to make himself like the Most High...
who Satan...... :rolleyes:
That's not very good company you're keeping @101G.
who said that 101G is keeping ... "ANY" .... company? do you hear anyone else here sounding like 101G? thought so. 101G is a stand "Alone" ........ WITH the Lord Jesus at the Head.

101G.

Am I?

only one will do.... (smile).

did they succeed? ..... (smile), .................... nor today either.

who Satan...... :rolleyes:

who said that 101G is keeping ... "ANY" .... company? do you hear anyone else here sounding like 101G? thought so. 101G is a stand "Alone" ........ WITH the Lord Jesus at the Head.

101G.
My bad.... Your avatar triggers an aura of evil that caused me to jump to a wrong conclusion about what you said.

Good

I will, (smile), lol, lol, lol, like it would make any difference. :rolleyes: but I will tell him.

101G

1 Thessalonians 5:22

"Abstain from all appearance of evil."

maybe this would work?
:devilish: Hello! I am a messenger of Jesus.

Looks like 101G needs grooming by the Holy Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom