The Importance of Obedience in Knowing God

Toward the end, that is true. But it was not always the case.

Yes i know its true.

So, when you try to dictate to Jesus that.... "no no no... Jesus .....you can't save them, as there is no water hole available, and my cult said they have to get WET to be Saved"

See, @Doug Brents .... that is the carnal theological DUNG you are teaching, and apparently, can't realize it yet.

= But the members here do, and i recognized you, via your first post, you flung my way.

Now think ABOUT this, and see if you can figure it out on the way to your next water baptism ceremomy.

Q.) Did Water Baptism die on the Cross for your Sin?

If it did then Keep Preaching "water cult"... salvation.

But if it didnt, then you need to figure out what has happened to your MIND, that would try to dictat
e HOW Jesus saves.

He'll have you know that you are not in charge of WHEN or HOW.

A.) He is, according to His Shed Blood and Death and Resurrecton.

Believe it.

Yes i know its true.

So, when you try to dictate to Jesus that.... "no no no... Jesus .....you can't save them, as there is no water hole available, and my cult said they have to get WET to be Saved"

See, @Doug Brents .... that is the carnal theological DUNG you are teaching, and apparently, can't realize it yet.

= But the members here do, and i recognized you, via your first post, you flung my way.

Now think ABOUT this, and see if you can figure it out on the way to your next water baptism ceremomy.

Q.) Did Water Baptism die on the Cross for your Sin?

If it did then Keep Preaching "water cult"... salvation.

But if it didnt, then you need to figure out what has happened to your MIND, that would try to dictat
e HOW Jesus saves.

He'll have you know that you are not in charge of WHEN or HOW.

A.) He is, according to His Shed Blood and Death and Resurrecton.

Believe it.
Does Jesus lie? No.
Does Jesus always fulfill His promises? Yes.
Are there any errors or conflicts in Jesus' Word (the Bible)? No.
Did God say that there are physical actions that man MUST do to receive His gift of salvation? Yes!! (Acts 2:38, Rom 10:9-10, Mark 16:16, etc.)
So it is not me who is telling God what He can or cannot do. It is God telling us what He will or won't do.

Does Jesus lie? No.

Water can't save a dog., much less a Human, unless water died on the Cross for Sin.

You seem to think it did.

It didnt.

Listen, there are many things that can't save you.

1.) Faith
2.) Water Baptism
3.) enduring to the end
4.) Law
5.) Commandments
6.) good works
7.) self effort
8.) Trying to be like Christ
9.) Trying to die in a state of Grace
10.) The Catholic Cult

Notice @Doug Brents , that none of those Died on the Cross for your sin.

So, never place your FAITH, in any of those, as if you do, then your faith is not in Jesus....its only pretending to be in Jesus, and God knows the difference.

Listen, ..THOUSANDS of water baptized people went to Hell today... and they are all thinking......"but i was told that water baptism washed away my sin".. or something similar.

They found out the HARD WAY that "there is a WAY that seems right to a Person, but the end thereof" = HELL then the Lake of Fire.

Last edited:
Water can't save a dog., much less a Human, unless water died on the Cross for Sin.
What did the one who did die on the cross say? "He who believes and is baptized will be saved." He does not lie, nor is He wrong. He is explaining how to receive the blessing of His righteousness, not saying that water died on the cross in His place.
Listen, there are many things that can't save you.

1.) Faith
Correct, we are saved through faith, not by it.
2.) Water Baptism
Correct, we are saved through water baptism, not by it.
3.) enduring to the end
If you are not saved already, then enduring to the end is meaningless. If you are already saved, but do not endure to the end, you will not retain that salvation.
Ended with the OT.
5.) Commandments
6.) good works
7.) self effort
8.) Trying to be like Christ
All of these are meaningless if one is not already in Christ. But if one is in Christ then all these things are a given. They are commanded and expected of those to whom Jesus is Lord.
9.) Trying to die in a state of Grace
Not something that we can make happen. Either we are in grace because of our obedience to God's will, or we are not in grace because of our rejection of God's offer of salvation.
10.) The Catholic Cult
This is not a "Christian" religion. It is papist, and not worthy of being referenced in a discussion of things related to Christ.
Notice @Doug Brents , that none of those Died on the Cross for your sin.

So, never place your FAITH, in any of those, as if you do, then your faith is not in Jesus....its only pretending to be in Jesus, and God knows the difference.
My faith is in Jesus. Nothing else. But in order for my faith to be in Him what I must do and teach what He said is required to receive His blessing of salvation.
Listen, ..THOUSANDS of water baptized people went to Hell today... and they are all thinking......"but i was told that water baptism washed away my sin".. or something similar.

They found out the HARD WAY that "there is a WAY that seems right to a Person, but the end thereof" = HELL then the Lake of Fire.
And there are many, many HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS more who thought that they were saved because they said some prayer, or "asked Jesus into their heart", or raised their hand after some sermon, and they will hear Jesus say, "I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness."

What did the one who did die on the cross say? "He who believes and is baptized will be saved."

"And he who BELIEVES NOT.. .shall be damned".. is the rest of the verse.

Why is WATER left out of Damnation?
Its because its not a part of SALVATION.

(WB)....its an act of obedience that is performed subsequent to being born again.

Just read Acts 8.

The Eunuch wanted to be water baptized, but Philip would not allow it, UNTIL the eunuch had BELIEVED with all HIS HEART.. = first.

As God does not save using water.

He saves like this..

"Grace through Faith".

"GRACE" is God's mercy as Jesus on the Cross and all who BELIEVE, "will be saved". "shall be saved". "will be given Eternal life'.

Water baptism need not apply.

My faith is in Jesus.

And that explains why you are "stuck on repeat" trying to prove that without water, Faith is meaningless.

See your issue yet?

"And he who BELIEVES NOT.. .shall be damned".. is the rest of the verse.

Why is WATER left out of Damnation?
Its because its not a part of SALVATION.
Because we are already damned, and those who don't believe, whether they are baptized or not, remain damned.
(WB)....its an act of obedience that is performed subsequent to being born again.

Just read Acts 8.

The Eunuch wanted to be water baptized, but Philip would not allow it, UNTIL the eunuch had BELIEVED with all HIS HEART.. = first.
If that were true, then it would make Rom 6:1-7 and Col 2:11-14 a lie. Because both of those passages say that it is DURING baptism that we die to sin, are united to Jesus' resurrection, and gain new life in Christ. Not when we "believe".
As God does not save using water.

He saves like this..

"Grace through Faith".

"GRACE" is God's mercy as Jesus on the Cross and all who BELIEVE, "will be saved". "shall be saved". "will be given Eternal life'.

Water baptism need not apply.
You continually fail to properly define faith. Faith requires obedient action or it is not really faith; it is dead and worthless.
And that explains why you are "stuck on repeat" trying to prove that without water, Faith is meaningless.

See your issue yet?
I am "'stuck on repeat' trying to prove that without water, Faith is meaningless" because my faith is in Jesus? Your argument makes no sense.

Because we are already damned,

They are "damned" for UNBELIEF... and the water is irrelevant, as Salvation is "by Faith".. not by water.

Because both of those passages say that it is DURING baptism that we die to sin,

The old man of sin is crucified with Christ when God gives the new Birth.

The new Birth is by the Spirit of God, and water is not required.

Water can't birth your spirit, it can only get you wet on the outside.

So, God gives the New Birth, when "Faith is counted as righteousness".

Listen,
when you try to bind God's Grace.... to = "only when you can get in water", you are proving that you are a water cult theology.

Jesus SAVES, is not bound to the city water supply.

Figure this out @Doug Brents

You continually fail to properly define faith.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for..... the evidence of things unseen.

We look around and we SEE Creation, and that proves a Creator exists.

Faith in SEEN by God, in the HEART of a BELIEVER, and right then God accepts it, and does this..

= "forgive all sin" and "imputes Christ's Righteousness".

THEN, now being SAVED, you go and get wet., or not.

Water baptism is not required for Salvation, as the water cults all teach

What is Required for Salvation?

Jesus on The Cross and your Faith.

Here is how you " become identified as a CHRISTian"..., By God.

A.) Jesus said.. "You must be Born again".
Sounds like obedience to me. To be born again you must believe in Jesus and accept the salvation that he offers.

What Does It Mean to Be Born Again? I'm glad you asked.

The phrase “born-again Christian,” in a narrow, technical sense, is a redundancy. This is because, according to the New Testament, in order to become a Christian, one must first be born again.

4 Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother’s womb again and be born?
5 Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. [Ezek. 36:25-27.]
6 What is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My telling you, You must all be born anew (from above).
John 3:3–5

Therefore, if a person is born again, he or she is a Christian. So to call somebody a “born-again Christian” is like saying that such a person is a Christian Christian. The New Testament knows of no other kind of Christian.
Also, the term born again is a popular synonym for the theological term regenerate

"by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him"

We are not saved by our obedience.
Does God require obedience to Him = ABSOLUTELY

Christs' obedience to the Father saved us = Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God
Thus we begin to obey AFTER God calls us unto obedience in CHRIST.

It wasn't my obedience to God that saved me but after i was brought to Christ by the Holy Spirit, His work in me placed me on
the Road of Obedience.
Remember Ephesians ch2 = we were children of disobedience when God saved us by His Grace and not by works, lest any man boast.

"elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ"

"HE who began a Good Work(Salvation) in you will complete it unto the Day of Christ"
"For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good purpose."
The Bible calls us to be imitators of Christ. So if he was obedient don't you think we ought to be obedient? Or you can just do your own thing wander around in the wilderness for 40 years.

Sounds like obedience to me. To be born again you must believe in Jesus and accept the salvation that he offers.

What Does It Mean to Be Born Again? I'm glad you asked.

The phrase “born-again Christian,” in a narrow, technical sense, is a redundancy. This is because, according to the New Testament, in order to become a Christian, one must first be born again.

4 Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother’s womb again and be born?
5 Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. [Ezek. 36:25-27.]
6 What is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My telling you, You must all be born anew (from above).
John 3:3–5

Therefore, if a person is born again, he or she is a Christian. So to call somebody a “born-again Christian” is like saying that such a person is a Christian Christian. The New Testament knows of no other kind of Christian.
Also, the term born again is a popular synonym for the theological term regenerate
A desire to obey leads to the knowledge that Jesus’ words come from God. The obedient heart comes first, the knowledge second. And then, certainly, the new knowledge will lead to new obedience, the new obedience to still more knowledge, and so on. There is a spiral relationship between knowledge and obedience: more of the one leads to more of the other.

It's a good thing. Adam and Eve been obedient we wouldn't be in this mess.

The fact that Jesus is Lord has direct implications for believers’ actions. In response to the lordship claim of Christ, believers are to provide a response that is “worthy of the Lord”

10 That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition.
11 [We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy,
12 Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God’s holy people) in the Light.
13 [The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.
Colossians 1:10–14

The Bible calls us to be imitators of Christ.

Do this, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and RELIGIOUS.

-
Paul told all the Born again...
-

New Living Translation
Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.

English Standard Version
Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us.

Berean Standard Bible
Join one another in following my example, brothers, and carefully observe those who walk according to the pattern we set for you.

Berean Literal Bible
Be imitators together of me brothers, and consider those walking thus, as you have us for a pattern.

King James Bible
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

New King James Version
Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.

New American Standard Bible
Brothers and sisters, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.

NASB 1995
Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.

NASB 1977
Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.

Legacy Standard Bible
Brothers, join in following my example, and look for those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.

Amplified Bible
Brothers and sisters, together follow my example and observe those who live by the pattern we gave you.

Christian Standard Bible
Join in imitating me, brothers and sisters, and pay careful attention to those who live according to the example you have in us.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Join in imitating me, brothers, and observe those who live according to the example you have in us.

American Standard Version
Brethren, be ye imitators together of me, and mark them that so walk even as ye have us for an ensample.

I think obedience is one of the first steps in knowing God. And that the importance of obedience is so much great that it can't be over emphasized. Christ Himself is its our great illustration of obedience.

He “humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross” Phil 2:8

By obedience to Him we are through Him made partakers of His salvation Hebrews 5:9

Isn't the Christ "of the Bible" the Word of God which became Flesh? Wasn't it HIM who commanded others to Love thy neighbor as thyself? Isn't HE the Lord, even of the Sabbath days? Didn't HE tell us as "The Word of God";

Is. 48: 16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

17 Thus saith the LORD, "thy Redeemer", the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. 18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Shall we listen to and obey another? Or is this the Christ of the Bible who after HE became a man, like you and I, "He “humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross”?

Who did the man Jesus Humble Himself to, and Obey? Was it not His Father and my Father?

This act is a supreme test of faith in Christ. Indeed, it is so vitally related that they are in some cases almost synonymous. “Obedience of faith” is a combination used by Paul to express this idea Romans 1:5

Rom. 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Obedience to what Faith? That would be the Faith that was in Jesus the Man, yes?

1 John 2: 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so "to walk", even as he walked.

So then, if I am of the Same Faith that was in the Christ Jesus, "of the Bible", ! am striving to "walk, even as HE walked as John instructs. I would then also humble myself to the same God HE Humbled Himself to, and live by Every Word which proceeds from the Mouth of the same God Jesus obeyed "unto death", Yes? Isn't it this GOD who is seeking such men to Worship Him?

John 4: 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Abraham, Caleb, Noah, Gideon, Zacharias, Rehab, all these people became "obedient to the Faith" that was in Jesus the man, Yes? They all, like Abraham, "Believed God, and we know Abraham "believed God" as HE Said, "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

Is this not the prize of the High Calling of God that was in Christ Jesus that true believers are to press towards?

Phil. 3: 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

So then, it's obedience to God that provides for us to "know Him", and those who call Jesus Lord, Lord, but live in disobedience, "Work Iniquity", He doesn't know. (Matt. 7:23)

Peter designates believers in Christ as “children of obedience” 1 Peter 1:14

It's important, in a world surrounded by "many" deceivers who come in Christ's Name, to consider "ALL" that is written. Here, lets look at the Scripture you referenced.

1 Peter 1: 13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; (Of the Bible) 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Who instructed to "Be ye holy, as I am Holy", is this not the Same God the Jesus of the Bible instructs His people to worship? Is this not the Same God the Jesus of the bible humbled Himself in obedience to? Are we not also instructed to humble ourself in obedience to the same God?

And in closing, who does this God give HIS Spirit to? Shall I not listen to Peter concerning this as well?

Acts 5: 31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom "God hath given" to them that obey "him". Even as the man Jesus, was also Given.

I think the bottom line is our faith through obedience Is how we become identified as believers and become a disciple.

Paul said we are "Servants to whom we "yield ourselves" servants to Obey". (Rom. 6:16) "whether of sin (disobedience) unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

This would another reference to obedience to the Same God the man Jesus obeyed, Yes?

So then, it's obedience to God that provides for us to "know Him", and those who call Jesus Lord, Lord, but live in disobedience, "Work Iniquity", He doesn't know. (Matt. 7:23)

Its not the people who "try to be like Christ".. who know Him.

Its the BORN AGAIN.....who Know Him., and there is no other way to Know Him.

Imitating Christ, according to your imagining Him to be, is useless, as that is ACTING, and that has nothing to do with true discipleship @Studyman

Back
Top Bottom