Redeemed from unbelief !

According to Vs21 how did they come to believe ?
Who by him do believe in God] This is supposed to refer to the Gentiles, who never knew the true God till they heard the preaching of the Gospel: the Jews had known him long before, but the Gentiles had every thing to learn when the first preachers of the Gospel arrived amongst them

Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with a Commentary and Critical Notes (vol. 6, New Edition.; Bellingham, WA: Faithlife Corporation, 2014), 848.

hello

Who by him do believe in God] This is supposed to refer to the Gentiles, who never knew the true God till they heard the preaching of the Gospel: the Jews had known him long before, but the Gentiles had every thing to learn when the first preachers of the Gospel arrived amongst them

Adam Clarke, The Holy Bible with a Commentary and Critical Notes (vol. 6, New Edition.; Bellingham, WA: Faithlife Corporation, 2014), 848.

hello
According to Vs21 how did they come to believe ?By who ?

According to Vs21 how did they come to believe ?By who ?
The gentiles because of Christ came to know God as these

John 1:18 (NASB 2020) — 18 No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 8:19–20 (NASB 2020) — 19 So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.” 20 These words He spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple area; and no one arrested Him, because His hour had not yet come.

The verse does not support you in any manner

The gentiles because of Christ came to know God as these

John 1:18 (NASB 2020) — 18 No one has seen God at any time; God the only Son, who is in the arms of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 8:19–20 (NASB 2020) — 19 So they were saying to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also.” 20 These words He spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple area; and no one arrested Him, because His hour had not yet come.

The verse does not support you in any manner
Its simple, its by Christs Death they became believers in God, formerly they were unbelievers in false traditional religion. Now secondly according to the second part of the verse 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
What is the stated purpose God raised up Jesus the redeemer from the dead and gave Him Glory, in this verse ?

Its simple, its by Christs Death they became believers in God, formerly they were unbelievers in false traditional religion. Now secondly according to the second part of the verse 1 Pet 1:21

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
What is the stated purpose God raised up Jesus the redeemer from the dead and gave Him Glory, in this verse ?
Except the text does not say that

Except the text does not say that

Still misunderstanding the verse

through Christ comes the knowledge of God

Gentiles in coming to know Christ came to know God

Still misunderstanding the verse

through Christ comes the knowledge of God

Gentiles in coming to know Christ came to know God
This shows that believing/ Faith are byproducts of redemption, hence redeemed from/out of unbelief. No sinner Christ died for will remain in unbelief, thats impossible

This shows that believing/ Faith are byproducts of redemption, hence redeemed from/out of unbelief. No sinner Christ died for will remain in unbelief, thats impossible
Nope that shows through Christ men came to know what God is like

As Jesus stated
John 14:9 (KJV 1900) — 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

and

Matthew 11:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Nope that shows through Christ men came to know what God is like

As Jesus stated
John 14:9 (KJV 1900) — 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

and

Matthew 11:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
1 Pet 1 19-21

This shows that believing/ Faith are byproducts of redemption, hence redeemed from/out of unbelief. No sinner Christ died for will remain in unbelief, that's impossible

Wrong

God redeems those who believe
1 Pet 1 18-21

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

This shows that believing/ Faith are byproducts of redemption, hence redeemed from/out of unbelief. No sinner Christ died for will remain in unbelief, that's impossible

It accomplished believers in Himself !

The Death of Christ, it accomplished for all those He died for, for them to become believers in Him, yes that was one of God's Purposes behind it. Jn 3:14-17

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

False teachers have made believing on Christ in these scriptures something man must do or perform as a condition to gain eternal life which is a deception, but believing on Christ is the purposed result and effect of the Death of Christ for all He died for and are believing [present tense] His death delivers them He died for from unbelief. The Holy Spirit applies the merits of Christ death [give life]upon all He died for, convincing them of sin [an effect of new birth] because by nature, they believe not on Him Jn 16:8-9

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Nope cart 🛒 before the horse 🐴 once again as expected. Salvation is a result of faith.

Christ by His Death for them He died for, Gods elect, His Death made them free from sin, that is its power and enslavement, and then it made us servants of righteousness, note the Apostolic Testimony:

Rom 6:18

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness

In the original having been set free is the word ἐλευθερωθέντες its an aorist participle passive,

leutheróō – properly, set free, release from bondage; (figuratively) to remove the restrictions of sin (darkness) because delivered by God into true spiritual liberty

Its the same word Jesus used Jn 8:36: "So if the Son makes you free (1659 /eleutheróō), you will be free

Also being in the passive voice, the sinner received the action, was made free, he was acted upon,

Then Rom 6:18 goes on to say " ye became the servants of righteousness" it reads ἐδουλώθητε this aorist indicative passive to enslave, bring under subjection

Again the subject was acted upon by being in the passive voice, they are made to be or caused to be slaves of righteousness:

doulóōenslave (passive, "become enslaved"), focusing on the status of being a bond-slave. In contrast to the other verb-form of the same root (1398 /douleúō), 1402 (doulóō) stresses the results (effects) of enslavement. That is, what automatically goes with belonging to another.

So Paul is testifying how they were redeemed from, set free from unbelief and its power and made into believers or servants of righteousness.
They had been caused to obey the Gospel Doctrine as described in Vs 17

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

So this Gospel obedience was caused by God in Christ !

When God delivers a person from darkness, in essence He delivers them from their native unbelief Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness[unbelief], and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Now the deceived arminian/freewiller would say they delivered themselves from the power of darkness and unbelief by the exercise of their own freewill choice,making themselves God

When God delivers a person from darkness, in essence He delivers them from their native unbelief Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness[unbelief], and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Now the deceived arminian/freewiller would say they delivered themselves from the power of darkness and unbelief by the exercise of their own freewill choice,making themselves God
No Arminian would say that.

They would say God delivered them when they believed.

Back
Top Bottom