Rapture Ready

Because inquiring minds want to know and need to know that the followers of Christ who are raptured will be spared the trauma of death and the coming disasters that will occur when the Tribulation breaks out upon the earth.

That is indeed a cause for true rapture on the part of those who love the Lord and long to be with Him. The New Testament indicates that the Rapture of those who have put their trust in Christ is the next major event on the prophetic calendar.

In other words, the Rapture awaits us on the horizon . . . it could happen at any moment. Don't get left behind.

This is the clear message of the Bible.

Why do you use so many colors and bold and underlined text?

Because inquiring minds want to know and need to know that the followers of Christ who are raptured will be spared the trauma of death and the coming disasters that will occur when the Tribulation breaks out upon the earth.

That is indeed a cause for true rapture on the part of those who love the Lord and long to be with Him. The New Testament indicates that the Rapture of those who have put their trust in Christ is the next major event on the prophetic calendar.

In other words, the Rapture awaits us on the horizon . . . it could happen at any moment. Don't get left behind.

This is the clear message of the Bible.

Why do you use so many colors and bold and underlined text?

You have NO excuse for BYPASSING the very Bible Scripture by Jesus where He revealed His coming to gather His Church is AFTER the tribulation He mentioned.

So there's no use in you trying to use 'word coloring' to hide your denial of His Word on the matter.

As for my highlighting of important phrases in God's Word, that only stands out as more detail... proof of those who deny... those Scriptures.

You have NO excuse for BYPASSING the very Bible Scripture by Jesus where He revealed His coming to gather His Church is AFTER the tribulation He mentioned.

So there's no use in you trying to use 'word coloring' to hide your denial of His Word on the matter.

As for my highlighting of important phrases in God's Word, that only stands out as more detail... proof of those who deny... those Scriptures.
I don't need an excuse. It seems to me you just want to argue with someone. I'm not that guy. And that's not what this forum is about.

What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming. Inquiring minds want to know.

A lot of misunderstanding comes from confusing these two events. When we talk about the signs that signal the return of Christ, we speak not of the Rapture, but of the Lord’s ultimate return to the earth with all His saints. According to the book of Revelation, this coming of Christ occurs after the Rapture.

Did you know all believers are raptured before the tribulation. Jesus will immediately take them back into heaven with Him. But when Christ returns to earth seven years later in the Second Coming, He is coming to stay. This return, usually referred to as “the Second Advent,” will take place at the end of the Tribulation period and usher in the Millennium—a thousand-year reign of Christ on this earth.

So, first, the Rapture will occur seven years before the Second Advent. At that time Christ will take us to be with Him in heaven, immediately before the seven-year Tribulation period. Then, secondly, we will return to earth with Him at His Second Advent.

That's the truth and nothing but the truth. No need for text formatting. Although circle, highlight, underline might be a good idea.

What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming. Inquiring minds want to know.

A lot of misunderstanding comes from confusing these two events. When we talk about the signs that signal the return of Christ, we speak not of the Rapture, but of the Lord’s ultimate return to the earth with all His saints. According to the book of Revelation, this coming of Christ occurs after the Rapture.

Did you know all believers are raptured before the tribulation. Jesus will immediately take them back into heaven with Him. But when Christ returns to earth seven years later in the Second Coming, He is coming to stay. This return, usually referred to as “the Second Advent,” will take place at the end of the Tribulation period and usher in the Millennium—a thousand-year reign of Christ on this earth.

So, first, the Rapture will occur seven years before the Second Advent. At that time Christ will take us to be with Him in heaven, immediately before the seven-year Tribulation period. Then, secondly, we will return to earth with Him at His Second Advent.

That's the truth and nothing but the truth. No need for text formatting. Although circle, highlight, underline might be a good idea.
That's speculation and nothing but speculation. What scripture speaks of a rapture 7 years before His 2nd coming? What verses tell us that only believers will see Him, yet they themselves will disappear? What scripture says that there is a 7 year tribulation? Look up "Seven year tribulation" in the Bible - it's not there. You have to assume that Daniel's 70th week magically becomes a 7 year tribulation and you have to assume that there is a 2000 year gap between the 69th and the 70th week. None of this is stated in the Bible.
You are correct that a lot of confusion comes by making up 2 comings or 2 raptures, as it were. Speculation always brings confusion, since it cannot be shown from the scripture to be true. You have to totally misinterpret 1 Thess. 4:13-18, Daniel 9, and John 5:28-29 to come up with that. The Thess. passage clearly shows that the 2nd coming, the resurrection of ALL the dead, and the rapture of all living believers takes place at the same time.

Rapture some of us question using that word because the term rapture is not in the Bible. Yes, but 1 Thessalonians 4:17 says we will be “caught up”! The Greek word Paul used was harpazo. When the New Testament was rendered into Latin, the translators used the word raptura, which means “to catch up or snatch up.” From this, we get our word rapture.

Most of probably don't think about Greek terms, but this is one you should understand. Harpazo is found thirteen times in the New Testament, and it has multiple shades of meaning. Each helps us understand the nature of the Rapture event and be ready for it.

The Rapture will occur in a split second. Suddenly corpses all over the world will be raised and reunited with perfected spirits, and living believers everywhere will be caught up to heaven and transformed body, soul, and spirit.

The Rapture will shock the world. It will change everything.

In a nanosecond, the Lord will call all believers to Himself to share in His glory. We will simply vanish from the earth. No one who has confessed Christ as Lord will remain behind.

And this will all happen pre-tribulation as the church won't be here for the tribulation.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 says, “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,”

Not appointed to wrath means that God will take the Church (the Born Again Christians) up and out of here before the Rapture.

When God says we’re not appointed to wrath, He means where not appointed to wrath.

The Rapture will occur in a split second. Suddenly corpses all over the world will be raised and reunited with perfected spirits, and living believers everywhere will be caught up to heaven and transformed body, soul, and spirit.

The Rapture will shock the world. It will change everything.

In a nanosecond, the Lord will call all believers to Himself to share in His glory. We will simply vanish from the earth. No one who has confessed Christ as Lord will remain behind.

And this will all happen pre-tribulation as the church won't be here for the tribulation.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 says, “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,”

Not appointed to wrath means that God will take the Church (the Born Again Christians) up and out of here before the Rapture.

When God says we’re not appointed to wrath, He means where not appointed to wrath.
It is hard to imagine just what that will look like, but I read somewhere that created this vivid picture:

Millions of people from all parts of the earth feel a tingling sensation pulsating throughout their bodies. They are all suddenly energized. Those with physical deformities are healed. The blind suddenly see. Wrinkles disappear on the elderly as their youth is restored. As these people marvel at their physical transformation, they are lifted skyward.

Those in buildings pass right through the ceiling and roof without pain or damage. Their flesh and bones seem to dematerialize, defying all known laws of physics and biology. As they travel heavenward, some of them see and greet those who have risen from their graves. After a brief mystical union . . . they all vanish from sight.

I'm ready!

op: Rapture ready?

Yes, I certainly am ready for the Pre-Trib Great Grace Departure!

Amen.
No thanks, I think I'll wait for the actual Biblical rapture at His 2nd coming. 1 Thess. 4:17
Yet, have never understood how:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together​
with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall​
we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:17)​
+
"Looking for That Blessed Hope, and the Glorious Appearing​
Of The Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" (Titus 2:13)​
means comforting: "looking, patiently waiting, and watching for" the
Wicked one, man of sin, son of perdition, and Israel's Great Tribulation.
How, Exactly is that:

"Wherefore Comfort one another With These Words."?​
when Scripture Instructs The Body Of Christ to be:

"looking, watching, and patiently waiting For The HOLY One:
The LORD Jesus Christ!"
(2 Thessalonians 2:1; Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23; Romans 8:25;
1 Corinthians 1:7; Ephesians 6:12-18; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 4:1-3;
1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:5-11; Titus 2:13)

Amen!

According to my online dictionary, the word rapture means “an expression or manifestation of ecstasy or passion” and “being carried away by overwhelming emotion.” But the Bible tells us it means that millions of people will disappear from the face of the earth in less than a millisecond. And the purpose of that evacuation is to avoid horrific devastation. This evacuation will remove God’s people from the disastrous effects of coming earthquakes, fire, and global chaos.
The word Rapture is the Latin version of a phrase the Bible uses to describe the catching away of all Christians before the end times. The Lord will descend with a shout and a trumpet of God. All believers, living and dead, will suddenly meet the Lord in the air.

The focus of the Rapture is on looking at the event not from the viewpoint of those who remain, but from that of those who are evacuated. Before the period of the Tribulation breaks out, all true followers of the Lord will be caught up from the earth and right into the presence of the Lord. The Rapture will fulfill the promise He made to His disciples in John 14:1–3:
Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Followers of Christ who are raptured will be spared the trauma of death and the coming disasters that will occur when the Tribulation breaks out upon the earth.

That is indeed a cause for true rapture on the part of those who love the Lord and long to be with Him. The New Testament indicates that the Rapture of those who have put their trust in Christ is the next major event on the prophetic calendar. In other words, the Rapture awaits us on the horizon . . . it could happen at any moment. This is the clear message of the Bible, and it is a truth I have taught consistently throughout my years of Bible study.
There is no rapture for the sole reason that the men in white apparel gave to the disciples that saw Jesus ascend:

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Acts 1:11.

The way Jesus ascended is the same way He's coming back.
Jesus didn't ascend into the air, stay there for 3 1/2 years, then disappear to His Father.
Nor is He coming from His Father, staying in the air for 3 1/2 years, and then touch down.

The same way He ascended is the same way He's coming back.

They SAW Him ascend into the sky "and a cloud received Him out of their sight. Acts 1:9-10 He will be VISIBLE TO ALL at His 2nd coming. Revelation 1:7 "Behold, He is coming with the clouds, AND EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, ..." There's NO scripture that tells us He will come secretly 7 years before His 2nd coming, to be seen ONLY by believers, as the dispensationalists (dsp) say.

He's NOT returning 2 more times, as the (dsp) say, one secretly, and then another openly. The scripture says He's coming ONE MORE TIME, on the LAST DAY. Even Martha knew that when she said "I know that he (Lazarus, her brother) will rise again in the resurrection on the LAST DAY." John 11:24. She knew nothing about a resurrection of her brother 7 YEARS BEFORE THE LAST DAY, which the dsp teach, but the Bible does NOT, so we know that doctrine is false.

The 2nd coming is referred to by the author of Hebrews in Heb. 9:28 - "So Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, WILL APPEAR A SECOND TIME for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him." If there was a secret rapture 7 years before that, as the dsp teach, then the author of Hebrews would have said that Christ WILL APPEAR A THIRD TIME. But there's NO scripture that tells us He will come secretly 7 years before the last day, to be seen ONLY by believers. He will be VISIBLE TO ALL in His 2nd coming. Revelation 1:7 "Behold, He is coming with the clouds, AND EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM, ..."

The dispensational doctrine is a fabrication of man, NOT taught in the Bible. There's NO mention in the Word of God of a 7 YEAR TRIBULATION. Daniel speaks of the 70th week, which is 7 years, but He DOES NOT SAY that there is a time gap between the 69th and the 70th week, MUCH LESS OVER 2000 YEARS. In fact Daniel mentions NO TIME GAP in all of the 70 weeks. The TRUTH is that the 70th week occurred immediately following the 69th week.

Daniel mentions that the Messiah will appear after the "seven weeks and sixty-two weeks." (This must mean the beginning of His 3 1/2 year public ministry - The Jews, for the most part, had not even heard about Him before that.) Daniel 9:25 Verse 26 begins "Then after the 62 weeks", (which follows the 7 weeks, so he's really saying, 'After the 69 weeks')"the Messiah will be cut off ... (This does not HAVE to mean that He was crucified at the beginning of the 70th week -only that He was crucified AFTER the 69 weeks. Verse 27 tells us exactly in what part of the 70th week He was crucified - right in the middle)" So we know the 70th week had already begun. Verses 26 and 27 are like duplicate verses - they contain the same 2 pieces of information: 1. The crucifixion in the middle of the 70th week (so that leaves 3 1/2 years left of the 70th week, so we know the 70th week ENDED 3 1/2 years after Jesus was crucified, which historically would be around 34 A.D.) and 2. The destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman general, which we know happened in 70 A.D.
Daniel said that the entire 70 weeks "have been decreed for your people ...", so the 3 1/2 years after Jesus was crucified must have been provided for their benefit in some way. It was during that period that the apostles were commanded to preach the gospel to "Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria and even to the remotest part of the earth." Acts 1:8 I believe Saul, the apostle to the Gentiles, was converted in about 34 A.D., so it appears that God was STILL REACHING OUT FIRST TO THE JEWS during those last 3 1/2 years after Christ's crucifixion, which ended the 70th week.

To answer Peter, James, John, and Andrew's question about "when will these things be?" Mark 13:4 (referring to the destruction of the temple), Jesus refers to the "abomination of desolation" in Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14, and both Matthew and Mark add (let the reader understand). Luke doesn't add that in Luke 21:20. Since he was speaking primarily to a Gentile audience, who would not understand the words "abomination of desolation", he simply tells them what Jesus was referring to - "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near." So Jesus simply and specifically told them when they would know that the temple would be destroyed. He was EVEN MORE SPECIFIC when He added, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." Mark 13:30

The gospels record Jesus using the phrase "this generation" about 19 times. In every instance, He was clearly speaking of the generation alive at that time. So Mark 13:30 is no exception. The abomination of desolation, which was the Roman armies surrounding Jerusalem, occurred exactly at the end of that generation. Jesus is right again, confirming that He was a true prophet - of course we already knew that, and much more than a prophet - God in the flesh.

Last edited:
1. The crucifixion in the middle of the 70th week (so that leaves 3 1/2 years left of the 70th week, so we know the 70th week ENDED 3 1/2 years after Jesus was crucified, which historically would be around 34 A.D.) and 2. The destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman general, which we know happened in 70 A.D.
So I'm kind of confused.
1) What year would you say Jesus started his ministry?
2) What year would you say he died on the cross?
3)What year would you say the 7 year timeline ended.

so it appears that God was STILL REACHING OUT FIRST TO THE JEWS during those last 3 1/2 years after Christ's crucifixion, which ended the 70th week.
But this seems kind of strange. You say God stopped reaching out to the Jews? So what happened to the Jewish Christians who lived in Judea after the 70th week was over. You would probably say that was around 38 or 40 AD. So what did all Jewish Christians do living in the middle east for the next 30 years until 70 AD? Surely they sought to still be the light of the world and witness to those about them? It can't be that he continued to reach out to the Jews there for only 3 1/2 years.

So it seems you're making it 3 1/2 years to just make it fit your 70th week to be completed. But after the 70th week he was still reaching out to them. He would have to have been or the Christians there would be left with no mandate.

So I'm kind of confused.
1) What year would you say Jesus started his ministry?
2) What year would you say he died on the cross?
3)What year would you say the 7 year timeline ended.

But this seems kind of strange. You say God stopped reaching out to the Jews? So what happened to the Jewish Christians who lived in Judea after the 70th week was over. You would probably say that was around 38 or 40 AD. So what did all Jewish Christians do living in the middle east for the next 30 years until 70 AD? Surely they sought to still be the light of the world and witness to those about them? It can't be that he continued to reach out to the Jews there for only 3 1/2 years.

So it seems you're making it 3 1/2 years to just make it fit your 70th week to be completed. But after the 70th week he was still reaching out to them. He would have to have been or the Christians there would be left with no mandate.

Dwight -You know, if you would simply look carefully at what I said, you will have the answers to all of your questions. Obviously, these are approximate times from historical information. My understanding is that He was crucified in about 30 A.D. If His ministry was 3 1/2 years long, then you should be able to figure out what year He began His ministry. It's just simple math. When did the 7 years end? I said it very plainly in my post:
"so we know the 70th week (or the 7 years) ENDED 3 1/2 years after Jesus was crucified, which historically would be around 34 A.D."

I never said He stopped reaching out to the Jews, even after the 7 years were over - those are your words. Don't put words in my mouth. Read my words again:

so it appears that God was STILL REACHING OUT FIRST TO THE JEWS during those last 3 1/2 years after Christ's crucifixion, which ended the 70th week. (But not the Jews opportunity to accept their Messiah and be saved)

During Christ's ministry, He was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel, but did that stop Him from occasionally performing miracles for Gentiles, like a Centurion, the Syro-Phoenician woman etc.? NO

Daniel said that 70 weeks were decreed for the Jews. During that time, God dealt primarily with Israel, but did He ever accept a repentant Gentile? Of course he did. They were always allowed to convert to the God of Abraham.

After the 70 weeks were over, it appears it is now the time of the Gentiles, or the church age, where God is dealing primarily with Gentiles, but will He reject a Jew who accepts the Messiah? Of course not. God wants ALL to be saved - not just Jews. God told Abraham that He would be the Father of many nations - besides Israel.

You did not pay attention to what you I said. This is the 3rd time I'm telling you. I believe the 70th week was over at around 34 A.D., not 38 or 40.

What did the Jews do from 34 A.D. until 70 A.D.? Think about it. God gave them 36 years to repent of killing their Messiah, before He sent judgment on them. I assume many did, but probably the majority did not. Tell me, how is a Jew who rejected Jesus, his Messiah, going to be a light to those around him? There's no way. A blind man cannot lead another blind man. What about the Jews who believed Jesus? Of course, they were a light and a witness, both to their fellow Jews, and later to the Gentiles (After Peter received his vision in Acts 10 to no longer reject the Gentiles)

Here again, I told you what Jesus' mandate was for them:

the apostles were commanded to preach the gospel to "Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8

Even though Jesus gave them that mandate just before He ascended, which was at the beginning of the last 3 1/2 years, I never said that they stopped preaching after the 3 1/2 years, including to the Jews. What I said was that was a time when God's PRIMARY focus was no longer on the Jews, but on the Gentiles. He NEVER stopped instructing His apostles or His people to reach out to everyone.

I didn't make it 3 1/2 years - Daniel did. Or to be more precise, Gabriel did. Gabriel is the one who said that the Messiah would be cut off in the middle of the (70th) week. So the midpoint of 7 years is what? You got it - 3 1/2 years. I never made up 3 1/2 years. That's what Gabriel's message to Daniel explains to us.

Also Gabriel said that 70 weeks were decreed for Israel. So do you think that Gabriel was telling them that after the 70th week, God would no longer reach out to them? That doesn't agree with the character of God. Even though He shifted His focus to Gentiles gradually - none of us know the exact time for that, but the end of the last 3 1/2 years (which is the end of the 70th week) appears to be a pretty good guess - or about the time that Paul, the apostle TO THE GENTILES was saved and called - but He never forgot the Jews.

So Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years (the start of His ministry began the 70th week) - then He was crucified (in the middle of the 70th week), then that stills leaves the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week (the events of the book of Acts started during this time and the gospel was preached to both Jew and Gentile, but we know that God gradually was shifting His focus off the Jews and on to the Gentiles)

Remember Jesus told the Jews in one of His parables: "The kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation, producing the fruit of it." Matthew 21:43 That nation is the body of Christ. 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, A HOLY NATION, a people for God's own possession, ..." In context here, Peter is speaking to the body of Christ, the church. The words of that verse were first spoken to Israel by Moses in Exodus 19:6 - but NOW Peter applies them to the church, which consists of both Gentiles and Jews.

Paul said that when God saved Gentiles, it made the Jews jealous, or at least some of them, and some got saved!! Romans 9:30-31

Dwight -You know, if you would simply look carefully at what I said, you will have the answers to all of your questions. Obviously, these are approximate times from historical information. My understanding is that He was crucified in about 30 A.D. If His ministry was 3 1/2 years long, then you should be able to figure out what year He began His ministry. It's just simple math. When did the 7 years end? I said it very plainly in my post:
"so we know the 70th week (or the 7 years) ENDED 3 1/2 years after Jesus was crucified, which historically would be around 34 A.D."

I never said He stopped reaching out to the Jews, even after the 7 years were over - those are your words. Don't put words in my mouth. Read my words again:

so it appears that God was STILL REACHING OUT FIRST TO THE JEWS during those last 3 1/2 years after Christ's crucifixion, which ended the 70th week. (But not the Jews opportunity to accept their Messiah and be saved)

During Christ's ministry, He was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel, but did that stop Him from occasionally performing miracles for Gentiles, like a Centurion, the Syro-Phoenician woman etc.? NO

Daniel said that 70 weeks were decreed for the Jews. During that time, God dealt primarily with Israel, but did He ever accept a repentant Gentile? Of course he did. They were always allowed to convert to the God of Abraham.

After the 70 weeks were over, it appears it is now the time of the Gentiles, or the church age, where God is dealing primarily with Gentiles, but will He reject a Jew who accepts the Messiah? Of course not. God wants ALL to be saved - not just Jews. God told Abraham that He would be the Father of many nations - besides Israel.

You did not pay attention to what you I said. This is the 3rd time I'm telling you. I believe the 70th week was over at around 34 A.D., not 38 or 40.

What did the Jews do from 34 A.D. until 70 A.D.? Think about it. God gave them 36 years to repent of killing their Messiah, before He sent judgment on them. I assume many did, but probably the majority did not. Tell me, how is a Jew who rejected Jesus, his Messiah, going to be a light to those around him? There's no way. A blind man cannot lead another blind man. What about the Jews who believed Jesus? Of course, they were a light and a witness, both to their fellow Jews, and later to the Gentiles (After Peter received his vision in Acts 10 to no longer reject the Gentiles)

Here again, I told you what Jesus' mandate was for them:

the apostles were commanded to preach the gospel to "Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8

Even though Jesus gave them that mandate just before He ascended, which was at the beginning of the last 3 1/2 years, I never said that they stopped preaching after the 3 1/2 years, including to the Jews. What I said was that was a time when God's PRIMARY focus was no longer on the Jews, but on the Gentiles. He NEVER stopped instructing His apostles or His people to reach out to everyone.

I didn't make it 3 1/2 years - Daniel did. Or to be more precise, Gabriel did. Gabriel is the one who said that the Messiah would be cut off in the middle of the (70th) week. So the midpoint of 7 years is what? You got it - 3 1/2 years. I never made up 3 1/2 years. That's what Gabriel's message to Daniel explains to us.

Also Gabriel said that 70 weeks were decreed for Israel. So do you think that Gabriel was telling them that after the 70th week, God would no longer reach out to them? That doesn't agree with the character of God. Even though He shifted His focus to Gentiles gradually - none of us know the exact time for that, but the end of the last 3 1/2 years (which is the end of the 70th week) appears to be a pretty good guess - or about the time that Paul, the apostle TO THE GENTILES was saved and called - but He never forgot the Jews.

So Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years (the start of His ministry began the 70th week) - then He was crucified (in the middle of the 70th week), then that stills leaves the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week (the events of the book of Acts started during this time and the gospel was preached to both Jew and Gentile, but we know that God gradually was shifting His focus off the Jews and on to the Gentiles)

Remember Jesus told the Jews in one of His parables: "The kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation, producing the fruit of it." Matthew 21:43 That nation is the body of Christ. 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, A HOLY NATION, a people for God's own possession, ..." In context here, Peter is speaking to the body of Christ, the church. The words of that verse were first spoken to Israel by Moses in Exodus 19:6 - but NOW Peter applies them to the church, which consists of both Gentiles and Jews.

Paul said that when God saved Gentiles, it made the Jews jealous, or at least some of them, and some got saved!! Romans 9:30-31
OK interesting points. I'd need more time to think about it. I still have reservations about your view on the 2 Thess 2 passage we discussed the other day but that's a different subject.

To me the best part of the Rapture will be for God to deliver His children from earth before the seven-year Tribulation begins. What will happen during these seven years will be no joke. Jesus warned, “There will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be”.

Last edited:
You SKIPPED what Jesus Himself taught about when He comes to gather His saints per the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scripture...

Matt 24:29-31
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Mark 13:24-27
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

WHY... did you just BYPASS those above Scriptures by The Lord Jesus Christ?? They are the clearest declaration that He gave of WHEN He comes to gather His Church.
Where is the church mentioned in those passages ? Can you point me to it ?

Back
Top Bottom