Justification by Faith

What is the Faith of Jesus Christ ? For example:

Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Contrary to what many believe and teach, the genitive phrase Faith of Jesus Christ is not speaking of the believers Faith, but of Christs Faith/Faithfulness. The word Faith in all three of these scriptures are genitive nouns meaning its Christs own Faith/Faithfulness in view. To be Justified by the Faith of Christ is simply being Justified by His Faithfulness or Obedience. Rom 5:19 points to that, its being made righteous by the obedience of one, that one being Christ.

Same thing in Phil 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Gods Elect are made, declared legally righteous or Justified by Christs Faithful Obedience to fulfill all conditions needed before Gods Law and Justice in their behalf.
Maybe this belongs in the KJV only section since thats the only translation that says of instead of in Christ.

No argument that we are justified by the shed blood of our sinless Lord.

The argument is how does man obtain access to this wonderful grace from God.

That is why his (Abraham's) faith was “counted to him as righteousness.” But the words “it was counted to him (Abraham)” were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification." Therefore (for that reason), since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him (through His death and resurrection for us) we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Rom 4:25, 5:1-2)

Faith is the hand that receives what God is giving. Without faith, no one has "access to this grace in which we stand"; this grace is that by the death and resurrection of our sinless our Lord Jesus Christ, we are justified-declared righteous by God. "The righteous shall live by his faith."

We are justified by faith when we believe our Lord Jesus Christ's sinless blood shed for us justifies us with God. (Rom 5:1,9)

God Bless
Amen

Absolutely not!!! Our justification was purchased by Christ at His death, but our personal justification occurs when we are washed in the blood at baptism.
Amen no one is justified apart from personal faith in Christ.

As they like to say all of the time sola fide. But as we see its being denied.

@Joe

So do you believe one Christ died for is Justified before God by His Blood prior to their belief in Jesus ? Yes or No please
One is justified by their faith that the shed blood of our Lord justifies them with God.

The answer to your question is no. One must believe to receive. The Apostle Paul was quite clear when he stated, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

My initial response using passages in context demonstrate we are justified by our faith when we believe that the death of Jesus Christ justifies us before God.

In his letter to the Roman church, the Apostle Paul was distinguishing being justified by works or faith. And he stated, “For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his (God’s) sight”. And then explains we, “obtained access by faith into this grace (gift of righteousness) in which we stand”.

Gid Bless

@Joe

Thanks for your reply Joe, that means you dont believe the Blood of Christ alone Justified them Christ died for.

So your comment:

Its misleading friend.
No, I do believe our sinless Lord’s death justifies me with God. I must access this great gift by faith, just like all men must.

And my comment is not misleading at all. It is contextually sound to the lesson from our Lord’s chosen Apostle to us Gentiles.

You just happen to misunderstand what has been revealed to us for the sake of your own thoughts perhaps.

What do you do with, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”? It clearly means with no ambiguity that we are justified by faith. What do you do with this? Ignore ii? Twist the clear meaning along with the preceding chapter that Paul used to demonstrate justification is by faith?

Please, brother, reconsider what the Apostle Paul taught. You are not arguing with me, though it may seem that way to you.

God Bless

Last edited:
One is justified by their faith that the shed blood of our Lord justifies them with God.

The answer to your question is no. One must believe to receive. The Apostle Paul was quite clear when he stated, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

My initial response using passages in context demonstrate we are justified by our faith when we believe that the death of Jesus Christ justifies us before God.

In his letter to the Roman church, the Apostle Paul was distinguishing being justified by works or faith. And he stated, “For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his (God’s) sight”. And then explains we, “obtained access by faith into this grace (gift of righteousness) in which we stand”.

Gid Bless
Amen !

@Joe

No you dont, I asked you this:

And you said NO
You are a Calvinist, are you not? A hyper Calvinist as I remember. I'm not labeling. I'm trying to communicate according to your belief. I once was a hyper Calvinist, but was delivered from it by the Lord.

Let me ask you this. Did Jesus Christ our Lord taste death for everyone or just the elect? If for everyone, then to a Calvinist everyone is justified and that kite won't fly. So, to twist the truth of God's grace to everyone, Calvinism holds that our Lord's death was only for the elect and not everyone, and that we are justified upon His death before faith.

And here is the issue using man's wisdom, you cannot agree with scripture that our faith in the Lord's death justifies us with God, "we have been justified by faith", We "obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand". This means our Lord's death does indeed justify us upon belief not before. And His death was purposed for everyone and all that believe will be saved, justified by our Lord's death.

Jesus died for everyone. Only those who believe His death atones for their sin will be justified before God.

I hope you see the error in thinking justification happens before faith, because that simply is not scriptural.

God Bless

Last edited:
The Man Christ Jesus, the Mediator between God and Men did upon this earth what no other man could do, to include Adam the very first man, and that was to keep the Law of God perfectly. The Lord Jesus Christ every moment of His earthly pilgrimage did this Matt 22:37-39

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Remember this Deut 6:4-6

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Only Christ did and accomplished this !

It is said of Christ Isa 42:20

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

You are a Calvinist, are you not? A hyper Calvinist as I remember. I'm not labeling. I'm trying to communicate according to your belief. I once was a hyper Calvinist, but was delivered from it by the Lord.

Let me ask you this. Did Jesus Christ our Lord taste death for everyone or just the elect? If for everyone, then to a Calvinist everyone is justified and that kite won't fly. So, to twist the truth of God's grace to everyone, Calvinism holds that our Lord's death was only for the elect and not everyone, and that we are justified upon His death before faith.

And here is the issue using man's wisdom, you cannot agree with scripture that our faith in the Lord's death justifies us with God, "we have been justified by faith", We "obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand". This means our Lord's death does indeed justify us upon belief not before. And His death was purposed for everyone and all that believe will be saved, justified by our Lord's death.

Jesus died for everyone. Only those who believe His death atones for their sin will be justified before God.

I hope you see the error in thinking justification happens before faith, because that simply is not scriptural.

God Bless
I hope you see your inconsistency. You said NO

Rom 5:9,18-19
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Note, being Now Justified by His blood, not our Faith + His blood, that's a false Gospel, but by His blood..to whom is this True of ? Not only the roman believers, but to all the election of grace of all time..Thats who Justified by His blood..
We are justified BY His blood THROUGH our faith. Without our faith it is impossible to please God, or to receive His grace. Anyone and Everyone could be justified by His blood, that is because He died for ALL, EVERYONE, ALL MANKIND, ALL CREATION, ANYONE who believes!

We are justified BY His blood THROUGH our faith. Without our faith it is impossible to please God, or to receive His grace. Anyone and Everyone could be justified by His blood, that is because He died for ALL, EVERYONE, ALL MANKIND, ALL CREATION, ANYONE who believes!
No Faith, no salvation, no justification.

Thats a false gospel. Those Christ died for are Justified by His Blood which is revealed to God given Faith.
That is the Biblical Gospel as has been pointed out to you many, many times. But you refuse to accept God's Word as your authority, accepting instead the teaching of a man who got it wrong. Christ died for ALL, EVERYONE, THE WHOLE WORLD, NOT ONLY THE CHURCH BUT THE WHOLE WORLD. When you accept that, you will be on your way to accepting the truth. Until then, you are bound in false doctrine and lies.

Back
Top Bottom