How are God and Jesus the same, but different?

Tonight on Channel 1 after the game: Trinitarians teaching that the Trinity is three gods. Local man eats a Jeep for charity. Heat wave moving into our area.

Stay tuned for these and other stories.

From the article:

“…another helpful analogy ...”

Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!

* Repetition for emphasis. Something to keep in mind when reading repetition in scripture. *

A professionally trained trinitarian ministry should know better than to ever use analogies for the Trinity.

Whether this ministry knows better or not, it has published an article that does just that. The fruit of that labor speaks for itself.

* A Jewish monotheist sounding a trinitarian alarm - on behalf of, and for the benefit of, trinitarians. *

Is that all? No, there is more.

I like some classic illustrations of the Trinity even though they've been accused of being Modalistic.

Egg is the weakest; the three parts, shell, yolk, white, don't share enough in common for an underlying unity.

A three-leaf clover is a little better, as it is one leaf with three divisible parts.

The 3 dimensions of X, Y and Z making up one spacial fabric, are another 3 in 1.

Water is quite good, one kind of underlying molecule that can be ice, steam or water, which could well correspond to Father, Spirit, Son.

Anything that describes three and yet simultaneously one will capture the basic idea.

God declared in Job - what shall you liken me to. The answer is nothing. God is unique and there is nothing that can be compared to the Creator. All analogies break down. This makes the point :)

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Trinity would be lost.
The Trinity would be lost.

The Trinity would be lost.

I just don't want you to be embarrassed one day. :)

The thing is, I have encountered God not just intellectually, but experientially.

I wouldn't put two cents on a God just slapped together with my intellectual prowess.

A spirit of error gets a stronghold in people's minds in different ways, and it's a spiritual battle, not an intellectual one at all.

I just don't want you to be embarrassed one day. :)

Thanks.

The thing is, I have encountered God not just intellectually, but experientially.

I wouldn't put two cents on a God just slapped together with my intellectual prowess.

A spirit of error gets a stronghold in people's minds in different ways, and it's a spiritual battle, not an intellectual one at all.

“You’re doing God’s work, lad. You’re doing God’s work.”

It’s late and I’m tired. I’m sorry I can’t think of the name of the movie.

I met a Shaman in Kenya who told me something similar to what you’re telling me.

This article - posted on biblestudytools.com - contains several statements about the Trinity which I would like to ask trinitarian members of this forum about.

I’ll start with this one. (I’ll ask about others in follow-up posts in this thread.) As a trinitarian, what is your reaction to this:

”… God and Jesus are also separate beings …”

Does this statement about the Trinity raise a red flag, or is it non-problematical?
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
And the government shall be upon his shoulder:
And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Is 9:6.

I think that article is over-thinking the Scripture.
It appears that the "son" given is also the everlasting "father."
We can't wrap our minds around that but that's what it says.
Trying to understand the actual light-nature of God is like trying to study the "singularity" of a Black Hole.
Impossible.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
And the government shall be upon his shoulder:
And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Is 9:6.

I think that article is over-thinking the Scripture.
It appears that the "son" given is also the everlasting "father."
We can't wrap our minds around that but that's what it says.
Trying to understand the actual light-nature of God is like trying to study the "singularity" of a Black Hole.
Impossible.

The article is written by someone who self-identifies as a trinitarian but who is actually a tritheist.

This article - posted on biblestudytools.com - contains several statements about the Trinity which I would like to ask trinitarian members of this forum about.

I’ll start with this one. (I’ll ask about others in follow-up posts in this thread.) As a trinitarian, what is your reaction to this:

”… God and Jesus are also separate beings …”

Does this statement about the Trinity raise a red flag, or is it non-problematical?

They are not seperate beings. None of the trinity are actually seperate. Distinct...ya.
. seperate..no.

One God...that being the one being.. but three persons.

God is not in parentheses.

If they are actually seperate... that at least looks like Polytheism

They are not seperate beings. None of the trinity are actually seperate. Distinct...ya.
. seperate..no.

ditto

. seperate..no.

The author of the article is a polytheist.

It’s your trinitarian theology that she’s misrepresenting. It’s a trinitarian ministry who has posted it as a Bible study tool.

People who read it and believe it will become polytheists who, believing themselves to be trinitarians, will in turn teach others that the Trinity is three gods.

It’s your trinitarian theology that she’s misrepresenting. It’s a trinitarian ministry who has posted it as a Bible study tool.

People who read it and believe it will become polytheists who, believing themselves to be trinitarians, will in turn teach others that the Trinity is three gods.

It's the end of Trinitarianism as we know it, I tell ya.

Back
Top Bottom