Free-willer Straw Man Argument

I get that you don't want to answer the questions I posed. Not many, who call Jesus Lord, Lord will.
What is your problem?

I responded to your post and tried to be non confronting,

but you have to see a hidden motive.

There was none.

If you want to know my view the passage speaks generally concerning mankind and a lack of righteousness according to the law

What is your problem?

I responded to your post and tried to be non confronting,

but you have to see a hidden motive.

There was none.

If you want to know my view the passage speaks generally concerning mankind and a lack of righteousness according to the law

I was simply hoping you would answer the question I asked.

Like I said, it's OK if you don't want to.

I was simply hoping you would answer the question I asked.

Like I said, it's OK if you don't want to.
As was stated

As was stated

My question was specific. But if this is all I'm going to get from you, then you are saying that Paul is describing both the Body of Christ, and the Pharisees. And that in Psalms 14, there is no "Generation of the Righteous".

My question was specific. But if this is all I'm going to get from you, then you are saying that Paul is describing both the Body of Christ, and the Pharisees. And that in Psalms 14, there is no "Generation of the Righteous".
That is not what I stated

Never stated there was no generation of the righteous

Maybe you should stop assuming

And I have noted multiple times

All these were declared Righteous, just, pleased God, worshipped God

Able - Hebrews 11:4; 1 John 3:12

Lot - 2 Peter 2:7

Noah - Genesis 6:9; 7:1

Job - Job 1:1; 34:5

Abraham - Galatians 3:6

Lydia - Acts 16:14

Cornelius - Acts 10:22

Zechariah - Luke 1:5-6

Elizabeth - Luke 1:5-6

Joseph Matthew 1:19; Luke 23:50

Simeon Luke 2:25

Enoch Hebrews 11:5

???????????????

Care to explain how you get that from

which simply expounds on what it means to be known or foreknown by God
The elder son in the prodigal son story is the one who approaches the prodigal son first and tries to convince him to go back and not come home. The bias presented by the scriptures you provided is very elder son. It takes no account for the prodigal sons, and by extension creates an interpretation that tells those who do not fit into certain criteria "they are not welcome" much like the elder son.

The elder son in the prodigal son story is the one who approaches the prodigal son first and tries to convince him to go back and not come home. The bias presented by the scriptures you provided is very elder son. It takes no account for the prodigal sons, and by extension creates an interpretation that tells those who do not fit into certain criteria "they are not welcome" much like the elder son.
Um I see nothing elder son in defining what it means to be foreknown or know by God

That is not what I stated

Never stated there was no generation of the righteous

Maybe you should stop assuming

And I have noted multiple times

All these were declared Righteous, just, pleased God, worshipped God

So then, when you quoted Paul saying, "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." And I asked you, "Who is the "They"? You are now saying The "they" wasn't those who walked in the Commandments, Statutes and Laws of God, like Abel, Noah, Job and Abraham, Zacharias and Simeon etc., rather, "they" were the ones who had the Oracles of God, but didn't believe them, who full well rejected God's Laws in order to promote their own traditions, and were falsely accusing Paul, "whose damnation is just".

And if this is what your answer to my question is, then we are in agreement with Scriptures.

Many, who call Jesus Lord, Lord, preach that Paul is speaking about everyone. I'm glad you are not furthering that falsehood.

So then, when you quoted Paul saying, "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." And I asked you, "Who is the "They"? You are now saying The "they" wasn't those who walked in the Commandments, Statutes and Laws of God, like Abel, Noah, Job and Abraham, Zacharias and Simeon etc., rather, "they" were the ones who had the Oracles of God, but didn't believe them, who full well rejected God's Laws in order to promote their own traditions, and were falsely accusing Paul, "whose damnation is just".

And if this is what your answer to my question is, then we are in agreement with Scriptures.

Many, who call Jesus Lord, Lord, preach that Paul is speaking about everyone. I'm glad you are not furthering that falsehood.
I stated mankind in general

Paul argued both Jews and gentiles were guilty before God

Romans 3:9 (NASB 2020) — 9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin;

Romans 3:19–20 (NASB 2020) — 19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law none of mankind will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes knowledge of sin.

Many were termed righteous but that does not mean they never sinned. They were righteous based on their faith

That’s what the elder son was supposed to do, but he didn’t. All he did was complain about the Father’s generosity to his younger brother.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom