Don't Study The Grace Message!

I would love to see a pretrib. rapture, but seeing as 1 Thess. 4 says "we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord" meaning those that make it out of the Great Tribulation alive I can't believe in a secret rapture. What I can believe is the paradigm of the children of Israel being safe throughout all the plagues of Egypt.

Not all Christians will be safe though. It depends on what you practice. How scriptural do you live?

Luke 21:34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. 35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

Revelation 3:10 " 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. " The GT is NOT the wrath of God.
No support for a dispensational pre trib rapture

It is just not there

No support for a dispensational pre trib rapture

It is just not there
I can't see it spelled out either in Scripture. Also, if there were two such events of the coming of Jesus and our going to Him wouldn't you think that someone would have described their differences in the same chapter? After all, God is not a God of confusion.

Do you see what I was trying to say? There were seven letters and the last four of them describe different denominational types. The denominations start with Thyatira which is the Catholic and Orthodox, then Sardis which is the start of the Reformation and I see 2 hundred years later someone in that era fought against the reformationists and taught holiness. Then the product of that holiness came to fruition in the Philadelphian denominations, and then the "falling away" of the Laodecian church age. Only holiness will make us safe.

I can't see it spelled out either in Scripture. Also, if there were two such events of the coming of Jesus and our going to Him wouldn't you think that someone would have described their differences in the same chapter? After all, God is not a God of confusion.
Only in Calvinism. According to Calvinism if it exists God determined it

Total depravity in Jesus ??????????????????
Yes. They say Christians are still totally depraved and constantly need a Savior. That is completely false. For instance, what kind of nature do you have? A sin nature, or a clean nature that can partake of the divine nature of God? Are you still a sinner, or are you a child of God and free from sins of lawlessness?

Yes. They say Christians are still totally depraved and constantly need a Savior. That is completely false. For instance, what kind of nature do you have? A sin nature, or a clean nature that can partake of the divine nature of God? Are you still a sinner, or are you a child of God and free from sins of lawlessness?
Um I kind of doubt they would go as far as say Christians are totally depraved

Um I kind of doubt they would go as far as say Christians are totally depraved
I've been listening to them on the radio. You would think Jesus never came! It is sad. And not until we receive new bodies do they think we will be free from sin. They should listen to the real gospel sometime.

Entire perfection is a minority viewpoint.
I agree. But possible. What is wrong is the doctrine of sinless perfection. I've heard people speak against that, but I don't know a denomination that teaches it to begin with. Sinlessness and Perfection are states of being that are separated by a lifetime. That is why Revelation 22:11 shows righteousness and holiness. They are not the same. 1 John 3 is all about Sinlessness which is Righteousness after being cleansed of all unrighteousness of lawlessness (Ten Commandments), verses 4-9. Lawlessness are sins unto DEATH. It starts with 1 John 1:9 which is to receive the Holy Spirit. We are clean (John 15:3), and the Spirit empowers us to stay that way. That verse is not to be used over and over as we willfully sin, then repent, sin, repent, sin, repent ad infinitum (Calvinism). It equates to Acts 2:38.

Perfection and Holiness are the same thing and we see this means we will never stumble. It is NOT about lawlessness which are sins unto death. This is about sins NOT unto death (1 John 5:16-17, Numbers 15:22-36). Jesus puts the finishing touches on our faith through maturing in all the fruit of the Spirit. 2 Peter 1:5-11 and John 15.

Look at Romans 1:16-17 and notice that faith is mentioned twice. I believe Paul is referring to these two levels of faith.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

I agree. But possible. What is wrong is the doctrine of sinless perfection. I've heard people speak against that, but I don't know a denomination that teaches it to begin with. Sinlessness and Perfection are states of being that are separated by a lifetime. That is why Revelation 22:11 shows righteousness and holiness. They are not the same. 1 John 3 is all about Sinlessness which is Righteousness after being cleansed of all unrighteousness of lawlessness (Ten Commandments), verses 4-9. Lawlessness are sins unto DEATH. It starts with 1 John 1:9 which is to receive the Holy Spirit. We are clean (John 15:3), and the Spirit empowers us to stay that way. That verse is not to be used over and over as we willfully sin, then repent, sin, repent, sin, repent ad infinitum (Calvinism). It equates to Acts 2:38.

Perfection and Holiness are the same thing and we see this means we will never stumble. It is NOT about lawlessness which are sins unto death. This is about sins NOT unto death (1 John 5:16-17, Numbers 15:22-36). Jesus puts the finishing touches on our faith through maturing in all the fruit of the Spirit. 2 Peter 1:5-11 and John 15.

Look at Romans 1:16-17 and notice that faith is mentioned twice. I believe Paul is referring to these two levels of faith.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel [a]of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Perfection​

Scripture is clear that perfection is commanded of us (see passages below), however, it is important to understand what this really means. The Greek word teleioi, found in Matthew 5:48, does not mean "flawless" or "spotless". Rather, it means "complete". It becomes possible, then, to be "perfect" without being entirely free from sin. "That is, we can possess the fullness of Jesus Christ (Eph. 4:13) and the full fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) without possessing them completely" (Erickson, p. 985).

Perfection​

Scripture is clear that perfection is commanded of us (see passages below), however, it is important to understand what this really means. The Greek word teleioi, found in Matthew 5:48, does not mean "flawless" or "spotless". Rather, it means "complete". It becomes possible, then, to be "perfect" without being entirely free from sin. "That is, we can possess the fullness of Jesus Christ (Eph. 4:13) and the full fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) without possessing them completely" (Erickson, p. 985).
2 Peter 1:2-11 is not about lawlessness, the first type of sin that Jesus takes out of our nature. It is obviously about the fruit of the Spirit. At the end it says we will never stumble. I don't need a commentary to tell me the difference. The Word actually says we will be made perfect. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of my faith. Heb 12

Both types of sin (sins unto death and sins not unto death) are both done away with, not by our will, but by Jesus as we abide in Him. Here is Scriptural proof.

Righteousness 1 John 3:24 Jesus takes away sins unto death - lawlessness

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
Perfection
John 15:3-4 Jesus takes away sins not unto death - fruit of the Spirit.

"You are already clean (from lawlessness) because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

It is clear as day, but not always to the writers of commentaries.

Last edited:
Obviously Christians are not totally depraved

'Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over Him.
For in that He died, He died unto sin once:
but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,
that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.'

(Rom 6:9-12)

Back
Top Bottom