Don't Study The Grace Message!

'Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over Him.
For in that He died, He died unto sin once:
but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,
that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.'

(Rom 6:9-12)
Quite contrary to the state Paul found himself in at Rom 7

'... ... Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

(Rom. 6:9-12)

Hello @TomL.

Thank you for responding. :)

This is the key to victorious living, I believe: by reckoning on the finished work of Christ.
In Romans 7, that you refer to, Paul is showing, by his own experience, the contrast of living under law: or expecting any good thing to come from the flesh (Rom.7:18), for they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Rom. 8:8). It is only by the reckoning of faith that we can live triumphantly, by reckoning on the completeness of the work of Christ on our behalf, and living in a manner which reflects that, in love and praise. by God's grace.

Please bear with my own understanding.
By God's love and grace.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
'... ... Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

(Rom. 6:9-12)

Hello @TomL.

This is the key to victorious living, I believe: by reckoning on the finished work of Christ.
In Romans 7, that you refer to, Paul is showing, by his own experience, the contrast of living under law: or expecting any good thing to come from the flesh (Rom.7:18), for they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Rom. 8:8). It is only by the reckoning of faith that we can live triumphantly, by reckoning on the completeness of the work of Christ on our behalf, and living in a manner which reflects that, in love and praise. by God's grace.

Forgive the product of my own understanding.
Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
As Paul in chapter 6 noted

Romans 6:6–14 (KJV 1900) — 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

'Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
death hath no more dominion over Him.
For in that He died, He died unto sin once:
but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

(Rom 6:9-12)
Well let's just say in my opinion we can learn various things from this.

1) We die no more either as we were raised with him.

2) Death has no Dominion over him. Neither does sin. The same with us that is as we choose to walk daily in our place in Christ Jesus BY FAITH.

3) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin is an interesting statement. We are dead to sin.....but we daily have to reckon it so. So what's this mean? I'd say it means every day you're faced with a choice. To walk in the Spirit and if you choose to walk in the Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. So there's two levels of reality going on here. As a Christian you're not locked in with a guarantee that you won't or can't walk in the flesh. There's alway going to be a waging war in the heart of every man what reality are you going to give the preminance in your life. The Spirit or the flesh and I'm sorry but this will continue all the days of your life until your breath your last.

4) Another point. It's not stop fulfilling the lusts of the flesh and walk in the Spirit but it's rather walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of our flesh. Gal 6:16 If you try to overcome the flesh with just the natural mind of desire I think you're basically doomed to fail. I think this is what Paul perhaps meant where he said the good he wished to do he just couldn't do it. One must let it be a releasing from God's spirit of LIFE within us and how do we activate that?

By declaring and decreeing who and what we are in Christ Jesus that is we're a new man in Christ Jesus with the life of God within and we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. (many other verses I could include) Uttering such forth the Spirit rises up from within one with his true spiritual resurrection power and you walk free BY EXPERIINCE The freedom from sin then doesn't just stay as a theological concept but rather a true and living reality.

Well let's just say in my opinion we can learn various things from this.

1) We die no more either as we were raised with him.

2) Death has no Dominion over him. Neither does sin. The same with us that is as we choose to walk daily in our place in Christ Jesus BY FAITH.

3) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin is an interesting statement. We are dead to sin.....but we daily have to reckon it so. So what's this mean? I'd say it means every day you're faced with a choice. To walk in the Spirit and if you choose to walk in the Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. So there's two levels of reality going on here. As a Christian you're not locked in with a guarantee that you won't or can't walk in the flesh. There's always going to be a waging war in the heart of every man what reality are you going to give the pre-eminence in your life. The Spirit or the flesh and I'm sorry but this will continue all the days of your life until your breath your last.

4) Another point. It's not stop fulfilling the lusts of the flesh and walk in the Spirit but it's rather walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of our flesh. Gal 6:16 If you try to overcome the flesh with just the natural mind of desire I think you're basically doomed to fail. I think this is what Paul perhaps meant where he said the good he wished to do he just couldn't do it. One must let it be a releasing from God's spirit of LIFE within us and how do we activate that?

By declaring and decreeing who and what we are in Christ Jesus that is we're a new man in Christ Jesus with the life of God within and we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. (many other verses I could include) Uttering such forth the Spirit rises up from within one with his true spiritual resurrection power and you walk free BY EXPERIINCE The freedom from sin then doesn't just stay as a theological concept but rather a true and living reality.
Hello @Rockson, :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding Romans 6:9-11. Forgive me if I don't take up the points you have raised for further discussion. For I have been made very aware this week-end of God's 'order': and my part, as a woman, within it; and I am not comfortable, at present, in engaging in debate.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back
Top Bottom