Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

Fix that Seth? Seth this thing you've just said now I'd suggest needs fixed majorly. What can you possibly mean by saying Jesus left his body on the cross? So you've come to the place where you don't believe even his body was taken to the tomb? I'm wanting to believe here you've misspoke ;that you don't believe what you've just said and that you've typed something down so quick without thinking. I really do like to try to give people the benefit of the doubt but we'll see if you dial this back.
You sound confused. I said Jesus left His body at the cross, Surely you believe He left His body.
I have said mutiple times in this thread that his body went to the tomb.
But not Him. His body
Those are two simply stated facts.

Last edited:
What is that mean?

Read your own words. New body, not his old body. What happened to the old body?

Why don't you just say His body was changed? Is the word changed in your vocabulary? There is a reason you're being so dishonest in response. It is why I avoid you and I will do just that here. Have it you way.
both "changed" and "resurrected" are used to describe the transformation.,

You sound confused. I said Jesus left His body at the cross, Surely you believe He left His body.
I have said mutiple times in this thread that his body went to the tomb.
But not Hin. His body
Those are two simply stated facts.
Where did it go after the tomb ?

What is that mean?

Read your own words. New body, not his old body. What happened to the old body?

Why don't you just say His body was changed? Is the word changed in your vocabulary? There is a reason you're being so dishonest in response. It is why I avoid you and I will do just that here. Have it you way.
1. His Spirit left his body on the cross
2, His body was moved to the tomb
3. He existed in form without a body
4. He resurrected/ had his body changed so He could live in Heaven
5 Some people saw him him before he ascended

1. His Spirit left his body on the cross
2, His body was moved to the tomb
3. He existed in form without a body
4. He resurrected/ had his body changed so He could live in Heaven
5 Some people saw him him before he ascended
Where did the body go ? You keep avoiding this in every post ?

What verse supports your answer above ?

Where did the body go ? You keep avoiding this in every post ?

What verse supports your answer above ?
I have told you diectly in several different ways, His earthly body was laid in a tomb and then discarded and exchanged for a new body from Heaven. What we call His resurrected body

I have told you diectly in several different ways, His earthly body was laid in a tomb and then discarded and exchanged for a new body from Heaven. What we call His resurrected body
Where does the Bible say it was discarded ? I’ve asked you several times for just a single verse saying it was, so where is the verse that supports what you believe?

If you can’t find a verse why do you espouse such an unbiblical idea ?

Where does the Bible say it was discarded ? I’ve asked you several times for just a single verse saying it was, so where is the verse that supports what you believe?

If you can’t find a verse why do you espouse such an unbiblical idea ?
If you canot find a verse saying post reurrection he walked in his old body, why do you espouse that he did?

@sethproton

do you affirm the meaning of resurrection below or deny it ? yes or no

386 anástasis (from 303 /aná, "up, again" and 2476 /hístēmi, "to stand") – literally, "stand up" (or "stand again"), referring to physical resurrection (of the body). Christ's physical resurrection is the foundation of Christianity, which also guarantees the future resurrection of all believers (see Jn 6:39,40,44). [386 /anástasis ("resurrection") refers to the physical, bodily resurrection of Christ – and people (both of the redeemed and the unredeemed).]
@sethproton Im still waiting for you to answer the above lexicon definition .

If you canot find a verse saying post reurrection he walked in his old body, why do you espouse that he did?
He did as Thomas and the others disciples said when they touched His hands , feet and side where His wounds/scars from the crucifixion were still there and visible to them. Jesus said He was flesh and bones. Not a bodiless spirit as you believe and Jesus denied that He was a spirit.

hope this helps !!!

For those members and guests who want to know and understand what the biblical connection is with resurrection and body here it is from Vines.

NT:4983

1. soma (‎sw=ma‎, NT:4983) is "the body as a whole, the instrument of life," whether of man living, e. g., Matt 6:22, or dead, Matt 27:52; or in resurrection, 1 Cor 15:44; or of beasts, Heb 13:11; of grain, 1 Cor 15:37-38; of the heavenly hosts, 1 Cor 15:40. In Rev 18:13 it is translated "slaves." In its figurative uses the essential idea is preserved.

Sometimes the word stands, by synecdoche, for "the complete man," Matt 5:29; 6:22; Rom 12:1; James 3:6; Rev 18:13. Sometimes the person is identified with his or her "body," Acts 9:37; 13:36, and this is so even of the Lord Jesus, John 19:40 with 42. The "body" is not the man, for he himself can exist apart from his "body," 2 Cor 12:2-3. The "body" is an essential part of the man and therefore the redeemed are not perfected till the resurrection, Heb 11:40; no man in his final state will be without his "body," John 5:28-29; Rev 20:13.

Conclusion: no body no resurrection you cannot have a resurrection without a real physical tangible human body.

Without the bodily resurrection which was permanent one has no Savior and you are still dead in your sins according to the Apostle Paul. (1 Cor 15:17)

Luke 24:37-43
37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:24-25
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

John 20:27-28

27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

There is one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (Tim 2:5) post ascension.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.(Heb 13:5) Changeless, Immutable. Jesus was a man when He walked this earth, when He Ascended and when He will return again at His 2nd Coming.

1 Cor 15:1-8
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

1 Cor 15:14-18
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

2 Cor 5:1-10
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit
6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.

In Heaven....Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).

His Body.....Phill. 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matt 27:52-53
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Phil 3:20-21
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Cor 15:44-45
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom