Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

He claims it was discarded like the JWs teach but has no scripture to support what he believes. I asked why would you believe something that Bible never said. I’m still waiting for an answer.

He never will because they have no answer. I'm sure he had asked his "elders".

He did as Thomas and the others disciples said when they touched His hands , feet and side where His wounds/scars from the crucifixion were still there and visible to them. Jesus said He was flesh and bones. Not a bodiless spirit as you believe and Jesus denied that He was a spirit.

hope this helps !!!
would yu please sop misrepesenting me and just argue with what I actully said., stop making up wild versions of what I say to confuse he lurkers/

Last edited:
He claims it was discarded like the JWs teach but has no scripture to support what he believes. I asked why would you believe something that Bible never said. I’m still waiting for an answer.

Now you are going for half versions of what i aid.
Yes from the tomb His body was discarded and exchanged for a heavenly resurrected body

why are you waiting I gave you a specfic answer? The body went into the grave, was gone when they opened it. It had been exchanged for a body from heaven. You know hat is what I teach so why keep misrpresenting what I say?
And you found that verse in the Bible where exactly ?
First of all I told you many times what I was referring to. Here it is again, At the end of the world this natual world is dissolved and we receive our bodies that are waiting from heaven. Jesus is the first born from the dead and received His at the resurrection/

why are you waiting I gave you a specfic answer? The body went into the grave, was gone when they opened it. It had been exchanged for a body from heaven. You know hat is what I teach so why keep misrpresenting what I say?

First of all I told you many times what I was referring to. Here it is again, At the end of the world this natual world is dissolved and we receive our bodies that are waiting from heaven. Jesus is the first born from the dead and received His at the resurrection/
Except that’s the end of the world and you have no verse for anything happening like that before the new heavens and earth . Once again demonstrating eisegesis - reading your own personal ideas into the passage

Except that’s the end of the world and you have no verse for anything happening like that before the new heavens and earth . Once again demonstrating eisegesis - reading your own personal ideas into the passage
you are forgetting that at the end of the world is when we get our new bodies, just as Christ Got the first new body

I have a serious question. I believe Jesus has the same body right now as he had before and after the cross and the resurrection. My question is the Bible says for us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. It also says that when we see him we'll be like he is. Do you think that could be right do you think we could have resurrected bodies before the new heaven and the new earth?

I have a serious question. I believe Jesus has the same body right now as he had before and after the cross and the resurrection. My question is the Bible says for us to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. It also says that when we see him we'll be like he is. Do you think that could be right do you think we could have resurrected bodies before the new heaven and the new earth?
Yes the believers Resurrection comes before the new heavens and earth and we will have bodies like we do now except they will be imperishable, immortal and incorruptible. That’s what a glorified body is as Paul describes in 1 Corinthians 15. And Jesus body now has the same marks in it from His crucifixion just as He showed them to His disciples. It’s why in Zachariah 12 the Jews at His 2nd Coming ( still future ) will recognize Him whom they have pierced( He still retains the crucifixion marks ) as their true Messiah. It’s an amazing prophecy before crucifixion even existed.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Jesus is the first born from the dead, He has a spiritual body. His flesh body was exchanged for it at the resurecction.
Jesus is not a bodiless spirit I HAVE NEVER TAUGHT THAT

Seems reasonable to me.

It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (1 Cor. 15:44 NKJ)

yes. exactly
No wrong !

Philippians 3:20-21

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.
NASB

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you.
NASB

Believers bodies will be transformed from its current state which is corrupt, sinful mortal to a body like His which Incorruptible, Holy/Sinless and Immortal in the Resurrection as per 1 Cor 15, Romans 8:11, Phil 3:21.

And when we compare the above with Paul in these passages below we see that the body(soma) in the context is a real material body which is physical in the Resurrection but controlled completely by the Spirit in the afterlife.

Natural(psychikos) body
Spiritual(pneumatikos) body

1 Corinthians 15:44
it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

Below we see how Paul uses and contrasts the words natural (psychikos) and spiritual (pneumatikos) below;

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no man.

Paul is clearly contrasting the unsaved with the saved with the natural man and spiritual man. One is controlled by the natural or the flesh while the other is controlled by the spirit/spiritual- Holy Spirit. Just like in 1 Cor 15:44 where Paul is contrasting the natural body that is controlled by the flesh with the spiritual body that is controlled by the Spirit. Both are real physical bodies but the difference is one is controlled by the flesh which is carnal and the other is controlled by the Spirit and is spiritual. One has the appetites and desires of the flesh while the other has appetites and desires controlled by the Spirit. Hence a spiritual body is one that is controlled by the Spirit of God in the Resurrection.

Paul’s usage below of spiritual(pneumatikos) in 1 Corinthians 10 where he calls the rock, food and drink spiritual it does not mean an immaterial rock, food and drink but a real Rock, Manna and Water which were with the Israelites in the wilderness wanderings.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4
For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.

Now Paul drives home the point of our new literal physical bodies below in heaven from the text in 2nd Cor 5 below;

2 Corinthians 5:1-5
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

You see there is no bodiless spirit men in heaven unclothed (no body) but indeed with a heavenly body (like Jesus) has now in heaven which is flesh and bones like He said His Resurrected body was to His Disciples.

Spiritual is used to describe these physical things:

the spiritual man
he who is spiritual
the spiritual rock
the spiritual food
the spiritual drink
the spiritual songs
the spiritual house
the spiritual things
the spiritual body

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
"Ain't" that the truth.....
resurrection back to a human body is Lazarus. He still had a spiritual body waiting for him in Heaven. Remember when the apostle John said he did not know what our new body would be like? He had seen Jesus after the resurrection. How could John say he didn't know? Becuase He said when we see Jesus as he is, THEN we will be like his resurrected body.

Back
Top Bottom