Did Jesus Shed His Humanity at the Ascension?

. Remember when the apostle John said he did not know what our new body would be like?
Why do you make things up that are not in the Bible and John never said ?

Quote John saying :

” he did not know what our new body would be like ‘

The fact is John never mentioned what our resurrection body will by like.

resurrection back to a human body is Lazarus. He still had a spiritual body waiting for him in Heaven. Remember when the apostle John said he did not know what our new body would be like? He had seen Jesus after the resurrection. How could John say he didn't know? Becuase He said when we see Jesus as he is, THEN we will be like his resurrected body.

You're mixing many different verses from various people together without any sense of context.

Quote John. Quote Paul. Quote Luke/Matthew. The issue is the process.

Remember when Jesus was Transfigured before the disciples? You're making mistakes here. The Incarnation itself was GLORIOUS!

John said

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

You have a very poor view of Jesus Christ. You should abandon your silly doctrines of men and embrace Christ. Not your elder.

Why do you make things up that are not in the Bible and John never said ?

Quote John saying :

” he did not know what our new body would be like ‘

The fact is John never mentioned what our resurrection body will by like.
Yes, I agree John did not know. But since He saw jesus after the resurrection, why didn't he.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Why wasn't john transformed when he saw jesu podt resurrection.

Yes, I agree John did not know. But since He saw jesus after the resurrection, why didn't he.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Why wasn't john transformed when he saw jesu podt resurrection.
He doesn’t mention any “ body” or resurrection in that passage does he ?

Now you are going for half versions of what i aid.
Yes from the tomb His body was discarded and exchanged for a heavenly resurrected body
Problem is Seth, I'm sorry but you're all over the map nothing you're saying on this subject is clear. Because Jesus had them put their hand into the hole in his side that has to mean he never discarded his physical body. And even the last part of your sentence above....he exchanged it for a heavenly resurrected body. You can't have a resurrected body if it hadn't laid down and died earlier. A resurrected body means a resurrected body which means that very body was UP from what it was before.

I have a hard time imagining why you even decided to embrace your way of thinking? Is it possible this was just a certain pet idea you came up with years ago and that it might be just hard for you to give it up? Perhaps you might even want to? I encourage you to do so really I would. It most certainly is not serving you well. Just think through more so than you have of Jesus showing the disciples his hands and feet and side....They all believed it was the same body. Why shouldn't you?

Problem is Seth, I'm sorry but you're all over the map nothing you're saying on this subject is clear. Because Jesus had them put their hand into the hole in his side that has to mean he never discarded his physical body. And even the last part of your sentence above....he exchanged it for a heavenly resurrected body. You can't have a resurrected body if it hadn't laid down and died earlier. A resurrected body means a resurrected body which means that very body was UP from what it was before.

I have a hard time imagining why you even decided to embrace your way of thinking? Is it possible this was just a certain pet idea you came up with years ago and that it might be just hard for you to give it up? Perhaps you might even want to? I encourage you to do so really I would. It most certainly is not serving you well. Just think through more so than you have of Jesus showing the disciples his hands and feet and side....They all believed it was the same body. Why shouldn't you?
Amen

He had this long running argument with civic over this. He rehashes it from time to time. His elder in the Jehovah Witnesses are probably controlling him.

where do you have a satetment saying Yes Jesus this is your old body? Or Jesus saying this is my old body. Waht you have is tradion
They were. seriousy, look at the scripture, what does it actually say? this is my body of flesh? Anything like at the last supper?

He had this long running argument with civic over this. He rehashes it from time to time. His elder in the Jehovah Witnesses are probably controlling him.
the original idea came from other verses that taught a human body is not entering heaven, and I kept looking

Last edited:
I'm getting tired of you doing this. You appealed to them. You quote them. Your being very dishonest.
These forums are all over the place, hard to track and difficult to follow. So If I need you to point out where you were taking and a specific point please don't be offended if you want to hear what I belive and why.
yes, Although Civic knew I was never A JW or even read there titerature But now I see some posters belived Him and thought I was JW. That was all Civic. I denied it everytime

the original idea came from other verses that taught a human body is not entering heaven, and I kept looking
Do you not know that Jesus didn't immediately ascend?

Besides, our old bodies shall be changed. Surely you know that our old bodies shall rise from the grave. You are being extremely dishonest in this. Do you have an elder that has taught you this?

You are ignoring so much of what I said to you. It is an offense to honest dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom