Calvinism : Fictional Characters

Like you cherry picked your source?

More Provisionist hypocrisy.

Let me know when you want to get back to your, so far, failed premise.
I'm not a provisionist, an arminian or a calvinist.

there is some truth in each just like there is some truth in each theory of the atonement but not a single one is all truth.

nice try. :)

I agree with your sources. LOL Especially the one you borrowed. Your the one who now apparently has a issue with it or did not actually read it.

Civics premise: Fatalism and determinism are synonymous terms.

His own source would apparently disagree.
Fatalism:

• Definition: Fatalism is the belief that events are predetermined and inevitable, regardless of human choices or actions. It suggests that individuals have no real control over their destinies.

I'm not a provisionist, an arminian or a calvinist.

there is some truth in each just like there is some truth in each theory of the atonement but not a single one is all truth.

nice try. :)
Great. Our hero
Not sure that's even relevant to the topic at hand.

His source for fatalism and determinism.
That was not my meaning

however

determinism is theistic (theological) fatalism

Fatalism​

First published Wed Dec 18, 2002; substantive revision Thu Feb 23, 2023
Though the word “fatalism” is commonly used to refer to an attitude of resignation in the face of some future event or events which are thought to be inevitable, philosophers usually use the word to refer to the view that we are powerless to do anything other than what we actually do. This view may be argued for in various ways: by appeal to logical laws and metaphysical necessities; by appeal to the existence and nature of God; by appeal to causal determinism. When argued for in the first way, it is commonly called “Logical fatalism” (or, in some cases, “Metaphysical fatalism”); when argued for in the second way, it is commonly called “Theological fatalism”.

That was not my meaning

however

determinism is theistic (theological) fatalism

Fatalism​

First published Wed Dec 18, 2002; substantive revision Thu Feb 23, 2023
Though the word “fatalism” is commonly used to refer to an attitude of resignation in the face of some future event or events which are thought to be inevitable, philosophers usually use the word to refer to the view that we are powerless to do anything other than what we actually do. This view may be argued for in various ways: by appeal to logical laws and metaphysical necessities; by appeal to the existence and nature of God; by appeal to causal determinism. When argued for in the first way, it is commonly called “Logical fatalism” (or, in some cases, “Metaphysical fatalism”); when argued for in the second way, it is commonly called “Theological fatalism”.
No, it's not. They are not the same thing.

There us no such thing as theistic fatalism.

Back
Top Bottom