An Article on free will

Still trying to twist scripture I see

That verse gives only the grounds, not the condition

that is listed below

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

righteous depends on having faith
According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous?

Do you realize that passage goes against your doctrine ?

Either all are sinners and some are not and equally true all are made righteous or all are not. You cannot have is both ways with both Adams.

No, I will not fail to note nothing is stated about unconditionally saving men

I will affirm Christ's choice of his disciples, which while Christ was on earth he was choosing his messengers who would carry his message into the world. He was not at that time trying to attract large groups, thus he hid truth in parables, drove men away with hard sayings, he told some not to reveal who he was, and some were hardened. His mission at that time was to go to the cross and select a limited subset of men to carry his message after the cross

If you ignore that context, you will go into error

Christ's mission is to save man whom Christ chooses, and man exercises no choice in the matter, but God alone does the choosing of man unto salvation for the Word of God says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8). According to your words there, you cannot be born again.

Christ is speaking to every Christian to take the message of Christ's salvation to all.

I perceive that you are using messengers and apostles as synonyms.

You propounded "Christ was on earth he was choosing his messengers who would carry his message into the world" respecting John 15:16-19, yet you contradict yourself in your self-will because you reviled these angelic majesties by effectively labeling the Apostles as deceivers with your "Nothing mentioned about Joseph and Matthias being in the audience on that ocassion" of which your thoughts there daringly contradict angelic majesties testimony of the Apostle Peter "men who have accompanied us all the time" (Acts 1:21) while he was with all the Apostles.

Joseph and Matthias were in the room when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

So, you call the Apostles all liars because all the remaining Apostles were with the Apostle Peter when Peter said:

Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias.
(Acts 1:21-23)
In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the Apostles for a minimum total of 13 disciples who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17; therefore, Lord Jesus Christ's "you" in John 15:16 and John 15:19 extends well beyond the Apostles, in Truth (John 14:6)!

Christ uses "you" to indicate all Christians are chosen by God alone unto salvation as well as to bring the message of Christ's salvation to the world when King Jesus majestically decrees "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation). Your evasion of the King's decree is a terror.

Since God declares that man cannot choose God unto salvation (John 15:16-19), and God declares God chooses man unto salvation (John 15:16-19), then the choice is exclusively God's domain regarding man's salvation without man working a choice whatsoever (John 15:16-19); therefore, your thoughts "No, I will not fail to note nothing is stated about unconditionally saving men" are out of accord with God

Christ's mission is to save man whom Christ chooses, and man exercises no choice in the matter, but God alone does the choosing of man unto salvation for the Word of God says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8). According to your words there, you cannot be born again.

Christ is speaking to every Christian to take the message of Christ's salvation to all.

I perceive that you are using messengers and apostles as synonyms.

You propounded "Christ was on earth he was choosing his messengers who would carry his message into the world" respecting John 15:16-19, yet you contradict yourself in your self-will because you reviled these angelic majesties by effectively labeling the Apostles as deceivers with your "Nothing mentioned about Joseph and Matthias being in the audience on that ocassion" of which your thoughts there daringly contradict angelic majesties testimony of the Apostle Peter "men who have accompanied us all the time" (Acts 1:21) while he was with all the Apostles.

Joseph and Matthias were in the room when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

So, you call the Apostles all liars because all the remaining Apostles were with the Apostle Peter when Peter said:
Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias.
(Acts 1:21-23)​
In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the Apostles for a minimum total of 13 disciples who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17; therefore, Lord Jesus Christ's "you" in John 15:16 and John 15:19 extends well beyond the Apostles, in Truth (John 14:6)!

Christ uses "you" to indicate all Christians are chosen by God alone unto salvation as well as to bring the message of Christ's salvation to the world when King Jesus majestically decrees "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation). Your evasion of the King's decree is a terror.

Since God declares that man cannot choose God unto salvation (John 15:16-19), and God declares God chooses man unto salvation (John 15:16-19), then the choice is exclusively God's domain regarding man's salvation without man working a choice whatsoever (John 15:16-19); therefore, your thoughts "No, I will not fail to note nothing is stated about unconditionally saving men" are out of accord with God
Nice try but this is Jesus talking to the 12 here and choosing them, not everyone without exception. Jesus mentions them 13 times below with YOU and Each Other.

John 15:16-19 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other. 18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Either all are sinners and some are not and equally true all are made righteous or all are not. You cannot have is both ways with both Adams.
When we read through Rom 3 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God............

So there is no difference between how God looks upon sinners. All are infected with the sin problem and he shows no favoritism towards one over another. When it comes to salvation all who are apart of those to have been impacted by sin are a part of like a class action law suit that God has set up for any one choosing to be a part of. Not a CALsuit against God but that the precious blood of Jesus is given legally TO ALL to justify them and legally now everyone can become a recipient of the salvation blessing. Calvinists deny this.

It has nothing to do with God loving one sinner over another or having some mysterious grace to be given to one over another. (as how Calvinists view election) Righteousness can be imparted and received to whosoever will believe the gospel for there is no difference between anyone.

To say there is some mysterious unknown difference as Calvinists claim it's a mystery to them why they're the elect is to go against the clear statement there is no difference. That therefore puts Calvinism as a different gospel one which changes the very foundation upon which the good news is based.

Nice try but this is Jesus talking to the 12 here and choosing them, not everyone without exception. Jesus mentions them 13 times below with YOU and Each Other.

John 15:16-19 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other. 18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
Are you saying He was choosing them to service but not salvation?

Which kind of behavior?
What’s the difference between accusing someone of being drunk or high on pot with saying someone needs meds for mood swings, bipolar disorder or bad behavior. I was making a point about how we can perceive others incorrectly and make accusations that are not true about someone. I do know people who take meds for bipolar disorder and it helps them.

What’s the difference between accusing someone of being drunk or high on pot with saying someone needs meds for mood swings, bipolar disorder or bad behavior. I was making a point about how we can perceive others incorrectly and make accusations that are not true about someone. I do know people who take meds for bipolar disorder and it helps them.
I have an older sister who was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and when she took her medications she would talk and act normal and you wouldn't know she had it but when she went off them it was really obvious she had severe mental problems.

I have an older sister who was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and when she took her medications she would talk and act normal and you wouldn't know she had it but when she went off them it was really obvious she had severe mental problems.

If marijuana was legal where I live, I would try it to see if it helps me get to sleep. I have severe tinnitus in one ear that makes it difficult to sleep. I've been prescribed several different medicines to help, but none of them do. If I had to guess, I doubt pot would work. I tried pot (and psychedelics) several times in college and they had absolutely no effect on me. In retrospect, I'm grateful to God that he protected me from enjoying any drugs in college. (Needless to say, I was not a Christian then.)

(From Norm Macdonald standup) I was told that if you take something like LSD, in 10, 20, 30 years, you can have a flashback. That seems like a good deal. You spend $5, get high, and 20 years later you get high again. I'm all for stretching my drug dollar. But 10, 20, 30 years have gone by and I never had a flashback. What a gyp. Just lies from Big Acid.

If marijuana was legal where I live, I would try it to see if it helps me get to sleep. I have severe tinnitus in one ear that makes it difficult to sleep. I've been prescribed several different medicines to help, but none of them do. If I had to guess, I doubt pot would work. I tried pot (and psychedelics) several times in college and they had absolutely no effect on me. In retrospect, I'm grateful to God that he protected me from enjoying any drugs in college. (Needless to say, I was not a Christian then.)

(From Norm Macdonald standup) I was told that if you take something like LSD, in 10, 20, 30 years, you can have a flashback. That seems like a good deal. You spend $5, get high, and 20 years later you get high again. I'm all for stretching my drug dollar. But 10, 20, 30 years have gone by and I never had a flashback. What a gyp. Just lies from Big Acid.
As a teenager ( I was born in 1960 ) I tried allot of different drugs and they worked including mushrooms, acid and pcp by accident as the person didn't tell me the post was laced with it and it was the worse thing I ever experienced with severe paranoia and some hallucinating. And the effects of pot were instantly felt when I smoked it. But like legal narcotics/drugs some are greatly effected by them and others are not and have an immunity to them.

BTW- I never had any flashbacks.

I was a terrible kid and I remember as a joke giving my older sister ( had 4 of them ) a pot brownie and she didn't know it was. She had to take off work for a month because she thought she was going crazy, insane and had no idea if was from the brownie.

Of course. It happens everyday. We can judge people based on their behavior which is common among those who drink or smoke weed. Cops do it everyday. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are mistaken.

As a teenager ( I was born in 1960 )
Born in 60? You're still a youngster. I was born in 57.
I tried allot of different drugs and they worked including mushrooms, acid and pcp by accident as the person didn't tell me the post was laced with it and it was the worse thing I ever experienced with severe paranoia and some hallucinating.
I likewise was pretty heavily involved in the drug culture of the day and it stuns and shocks me now to even think about what I had participated in. Pretty scarey stuff! At the time I remember thinking there's a dimension of something I was missing and thought drugs would be the fix. At 17 it dawned that Jesus would be the fulfillment of all that I sought.

He that follows after me shall not walk in darkness but he shall have the Light of Life. John 8: 12

I received him and was born again in my spirit. Old things passed away and all things became new! :)

Not when he was on earth

I will affirm Christ's choice of his disciples, which while Christ was on earth he was choosing his messengers who would carry his message into the world. He was not at that time trying to attract large groups, thus he hid truth in parables, drove men away with hard sayings, he told some not to reveal who he was, and some were hardened. His mission at that time was to go to the cross and select a limited subset of men to carry his message after the cross

and men are born again by faith in the gospel/receiving Christ

James 1:18 (ESV) — 18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:18–23 (ESV) — 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Ephesians 1:13 (ESV) — 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

o

Not when he was on earth

and men are born again by faith in the gospel/receiving Christ

James 1:18 (ESV) — 18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:18–23 (ESV) — 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Ephesians 1:13 (ESV) — 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

o
Thats right, man has no choice in the matter of his damantion or salvation

Back
Top Bottom