An Article on free will

According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous?
Still confusing the grounds and the condition

Romans 4:1–5 (KJV 1900) — 1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Still confusing the grounds and the condition

Romans 4:1–5 (KJV 1900) — 1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous?

You don't believe that. You believe that God found something righteous in you. Thusly, He demanded that Christ actually and literally suffered damnation for you.

Get it right. Stop pretending you only care about Romans 5:19.

If you're going to tell people what they believe, don't be offended when I say you interpret scripture like Origen.

You don't believe that. You believe that God found something righteous in you. Thusly, He demanded that Christ actually and literally suffered damnation for you.

Get it right. Stop pretending you only care about Romans 5:19.
According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous? And stop your slander

According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous? And stop your slander
Stop conflating the grounds of righteous with the condition of righteousness

Your careless handling of the word of God only leads to error

Hello @civic,

You went silent during an exchange in which you and I were engaged back on February 16. Let's return to that point in the exchange:
So work means the exact opposite in Calvinism. When work is used with God it means grace and with the same word used of man it means the opposite. Sounds like special pleasing to me.
Do you believe Lord Jesus, the Christ of us Christians, when He says "you believe in Him whom He has sent" is very explicitly "the work of God" (John 6:29)?

Do you believe Lord Jesus, the Christ of us Christians, when He says "you believe in Him whom He has sent" is very explicitly "the work of God" (John 6:29)?

Nice try but this is Jesus talking to the 12 here and choosing them, not everyone without exception. Jesus mentions them 13 times below with YOU and Each Other.

John 15:16-19 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other. 18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

The result of your thoughts expressed in your post results in your heart adding "exclusively the 12 of" into the Word of God recorded in John 15:16-19 such that:

16 Exclusively the 12 of you did not choose me, but I chose exclusively the 12 of you and appointed exclusively the 12 of you so that exclusively the 12 of you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever exclusively the 12 of you ask in my name the Father will give exclusively the 12 of you. 17 This is my command: Love each other. 18 “If the world hatesexclusively the 12 of you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If exclusively the 12 of you belonged to the world, it would love exclusively the 12 of you as its own. As it is, exclusively the 12 of you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen exclusively the 12 of you out of the world. That is why the world hates exclusively the 12 of you.
(the word of civic)

Continuing on with your heart's thoughts, @civic, of John 15:16-19, you wrote "Jesus talking to the 12 here", but, by the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Judas Iscariot departed (John 13:21-30), so that leaves 11 apostles, not your "the 12", but truly the 11, so you err with your inclusion of Judas Iscariot inside of Lord Jesus Christ's blessing of salvation with "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

@civic, let's dig even deeper into the wonderful words of the Word of God - let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not your exclusively "the 12" apostles, but truly a minimum of 13 persons is contextually established, so your "exclusively the 12 apostles" is in error.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19), the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) thus context exists between John 15:16, John 15:19, John 15:20, and Mark 13:37, so you err with your exclusion of all Christians in all time.

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).

I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:15-16)
A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).

Free-willians disavow Christ's words of "you did not choose me" (John 15:16) for themselves while at the same time declaring the words as exclusively applicable to the apostles; therefore, free-willians deny being a friend of Jesus which Jesus covers in the self-same sayings.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus", yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God because Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

Do you think you are a friend of Jesus, @civic?

Jesus is the only One in the New Testament that talks about Jesus Christ's friends, not Paul, not Peter, but Jesus alone, and He says He chooses His friends right here recorded in John 15:15-16.

We Christians believe the Christ exclusively chooses persons unto salvation:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without us being required to do any kind of work because the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)! PRAISE BE TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

God has created us with free will. This means that we have the freedom to make choices. With our free will, we can choose either to make the right decision or the wrong decision. In the same way, with our free will, we can choose whether or not we will place faith in Christ.

God wants all people to be saved, which means He has chosen everyone. 1 Timothy 2:3-4 tells us this truth, “This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”

2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

God is kind, caring, and loving. He is full of mercy and is eagerly waiting for us to accept Him. God wants us all to come to know Him. The Lord wants all people to place faith in Him. It's our choice.

Choose Whom You Will Serve​

14 “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:14-15

Hello @civic,

You went silent during an exchange in which you and I were engaged back on February 16. Let's return to that point in the exchange:

The result of your thoughts expressed in your post results in your heart adding "exclusively the 12 of" into the Word of God recorded in John 15:16-19 such that:
16 Exclusively the 12 of you did not choose me, but I chose exclusively the 12 of you and appointed exclusively the 12 of you so that exclusively the 12 of you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever exclusively the 12 of you ask in my name the Father will give exclusively the 12 of you. 17 This is my command: Love each other. 18 “If the world hatesexclusively the 12 of you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If exclusively the 12 of you belonged to the world, it would love exclusively the 12 of you as its own. As it is, exclusively the 12 of you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen exclusively the 12 of you out of the world. That is why the world hates exclusively the 12 of you.
(the word of civic)​

Continuing on with your heart's thoughts, @civic, of John 15:16-19, you wrote "Jesus talking to the 12 here", but, by the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Judas Iscariot departed (John 13:21-30), so that leaves 11 apostles, not your "the 12", but truly the 11, so you err with your inclusion of Judas Iscariot inside of Lord Jesus Christ's blessing of salvation with "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

@civic, let's dig even deeper into the wonderful words of the Word of God - let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not your exclusively "the 12" apostles, but truly a minimum of 13 persons is contextually established, so your "exclusively the 12 apostles" is in error.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19), the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) thus context exists between John 15:16, John 15:19, John 15:20, and Mark 13:37, so you err with your exclusion of all Christians in all time.

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).
I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:15-16)​
A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).

Free-willians disavow Christ's words of "you did not choose me" (John 15:16) for themselves while at the same time declaring the words as exclusively applicable to the apostles; therefore, free-willians deny being a friend of Jesus which Jesus covers in the self-same sayings.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus", yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God because Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

Jesus is the only One in the New Testament that talks about Jesus Christ's friends, not Paul, not Peter, but Jesus alone, and He says He chooses His friends right here recorded in John 15:15-16.

• "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without us being required to do any kind of work because the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)! PRAISE BE TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!
Fatalists/Determinist philosophers to achieve their heretical doctrines by changing Gods word and the basic meaning of words from the Greek Lexicons are adding and changind Gods word to fit their deterministic and pagan/greek philosopihy where it originated from in church history via the Manichaean Augustine who corrupted the church.

Do not add to His words or he will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar. Prov 30:6

BTW- in your John verses where does Jesus say they were saved ?

And Jesus said judas was also His friend. So ,much for being chose/elect eh ?

And it was only the Apostles chosen by Christ who were guided into all truth- Thats proper exegesis. What you provided was eisegesis and it does not apply to anyone else. The context is Jesus and the promise He made to them and no one else which I pointed out.

hope this helps !!!

Hello @civic,

(the word of civic)​

(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:15-16)​

Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

If seems that some Calvinists here have taken to employing the "bloviation" tactic which involves continuously praise themselves while stating the obvious self serving drival that adds up to nothing more than claiming that God loves them while they continue hating their own brothers.

The typical nonsense in this long winded "fair speech"...... Summarized below.

1. I didn't chose God rather God chose ME misdirection without a single line actually proving God chose them. Just more Pharisee logic that they deserve being chosen simply because they are.

2. You should accept the wonderful words of God about ME and the hateful word of God about people I hate.

3. Only Jesus talked about friends. Please ignore the words.... beloved, saints, precious, loved and all the other words used by the apostle to denote God care for man throughout the NT.

I explained how you are wrong and you ignore it. You have nothing more than a claim without any evidence to support your claim.

Likewise, you have no evidence that Brightframe believes that God found something righteous in him. It's something you assume about ALL people who believe in election, but you have no evidence anyone actually believes that.

Likewise, you have no evidence that Brightframe believes that God found something righteous in him. It's something you assume about ALL people who believe in election, but you have no evidence anyone actually believes that.
Same ole nonsense. It is a logical construct. It doesn't matter if you or him denies it or not. Your words equal what you believe. I can read your words. Deny away. It doesn't change anything. Your words say otherwise. You are repeating what others have said for centuries.

God doesn't make bad choices. You believe God chose you and reject those just like you. You can't deny this. It is True to what you have stated.

If Brightframes writes a theology book you can pay me to read it and give you my opinion.
No thanks

The only reasonable outcome I can see is disagreement.

As he/she habitually ignores and/or adds to scripture.

I thought you might want to differentiate yourself from that extremism.

Stop conflating the grounds of righteous with the condition of righteousness

Your careless handling of the word of God only leads to error

According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous? And how were they made sinners ?

Back
Top Bottom