An Article on free will

No I didn't. I quoted the Geneva Bible. Do you know there are several different editions of the KJV? Do you know that there are Cambridge and Oxford variances since the KJV was produced under copyright in England?

It would do you good to actually study.

I can see that you enjoy the damnation of others. Why would you try to lead a drunk to a bar? Your thoughts obviously only center around your own desires.

I wouldn't even try to lead a drunk to a bar.

Nonsense. You've been avoiding the truth of this from the beginning. You're never around when @brightfame52 is around. Add the fact that you both act exactly like one another and I believe we have our answer.

To me, you're doing nothing but trolling.
Yup. So what.

We all need to study.

No one cares what something seems to you. A troll, apparently, is someone who takes you to the cleaners. Guilty as charged.

No I didn't. I quoted the Geneva Bible. Do you know there are several different editions of the KJV? Do you know that there are Cambridge and Oxford variances since the KJV was produced under copyright in England?

It would do you good to actually study.

I can see that you enjoy the damnation of others. Why would you try to lead a drunk to a bar? Your thoughts obviously only center around your own desires.

I wouldn't even try to lead a drunk to a bar.

Nonsense. You've been avoiding the truth of this from the beginning. You're never around when @brightfame52 is around. Add the fact that you both act exactly like one another and I believe we have our answer.

To me, you're doing nothing but trolling.
So your accusing me of being brightframe? PROVE IT

You sure? You post like you have been dipping in the sauce.

Yup. So what.

You're referencing the KJV as if it has never changed until the NKJV was created. You didn't know. Don't pretend.

We all need to study.

I didn't need to study this. I already have. Many years ago. Why aren't you studying?

No one cares what something seems to you. A troll, apparently, is someone who takes you to the cleaners. Guilty as charged.

No a troll is someone that doesn't know the subject and is there just to make endless claims over and over again without actually dealing with information. That is you. Not me. I'm just rightful recognizing your intent.

You're guilty alright but not of "taking me to the cleaners".

You're referencing the KJV as if it has never changed until the NKJV was created. You didn't know. Don't pretend.

I didn't need to study this. I already have. Many years ago. Why aren't you studying?

No a troll is someone that doesn't know the subject and is there just to make endless claims over and over again without actually dealing with information. That is you. Not me. I'm just rightful recognizing your intent.

You're guilty alright but not of "taking me to the cleaners".
You need to study something. Anything.

No, that's you for sure. You must be a troll as well.

How about we get back to Job 42:2? According to the text can God's purposes be thwarted?

You need to study something. Anything.

No, that's you for sure. You must be a troll as well.

How about we get back to Job 42:2? According to the text can God's purposes be thwarted?

Job 42:2 doesn't say what you claim it says.

According to the Scriptures, God's purpose can be thwarted.

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those who are sent to you! How often I have longed to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would have none of it!

It's real simple, show me where the word unconditional appears along with salvation

It doesn't

it is nowhere found in the scriptures

So you still beg the question.

I did not bring up the word "unconditional" with you, TomL, but I am happy to discuss God's awesome exclusive choosing of man unto salvation, so you can stop bringing up "unconditional", yet I proclaim to you, TomL, that you are incapable of choosing the Righteous Lord Jesus Christ because the Righteous One conveys that you cannot with "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" (Luke 12:57) - the Righteous One is conclusive right there - but He graciously gives so much more that is conclusive!

Christ says Christians do not free-will choose Christ with His wonderful blessing of:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.

The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

No Holy Scripture states man has a free-will.

Every person has a will, but a person's will is either one of but not both of (1) a self-will against God in evil for the natural flesh person (2 Peter 2:9-10) or (2) a will in Christ doing God's good by the Holy Spirit for the Born of God (Romans 8:29, Philippians 2:13, John 3:3-8).

No, I love you as a brother. But some of your responses seem like they're completely off the wall, in the same way weed users will come up with crazy thoughts.

I've believed this particular argument for over 35 years now.

Gal 4:24 Now this may be interpreted allegorically: these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar.

I can give you more details but I'm rather certain you don't want to take "trip" with me. :)

You have problems reading

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

righteous depends on having faith
According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous?

According to Romans 5:19 how are they made righteous?
Still trying to twist scripture I see

That verse gives only the grounds, not the condition

that is listed below

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

I did not bring up the word "unconditional" with you, TomL, but I am happy to discuss God's awesome exclusive choosing of man unto salvation, so you can stop bringing up "unconditional", yet I proclaim to you, TomL, that you are incapable of choosing the Righteous Lord Jesus Christ because the Righteous One conveys that you cannot with "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" (Luke 12:57) - the Righteous One is conclusive right there - but He graciously gives so much more that is conclusive!

Christ says Christians do not free-will choose Christ with His wonderful blessing of:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.

The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

No Holy Scripture states man has a free-will.

Every person has a will, but a person's will is either one of but not both of (1) a self-will against God in evil for the natural flesh person (2 Peter 2:9-10) or (2) a will in Christ doing God's good by the Holy Spirit for the Born of God (Romans 8:29, Philippians 2:13, John 3:3-8).
No, I will not fail to note nothing is stated about unconditionally saving men

I will affirm Christ's choice of his disciples, which while Christ was on earth he was choosing his messengers who would carry his message into the world. He was not at that time trying to attract large groups, thus he hid truth in parables, drove men away with hard sayings, he told some not to reveal who he was, and some were hardened. His mission at that time was to go to the cross and select a limited subset of men to carry his message after the cross

If you ignore that context, you will go into error

Still trying to twist scripture I see

That verse gives only the grounds, not the condition

that is listed below

Where do you see "grounds" in Romans 5:19?

Back
Top Bottom