An Article on free will

Nope. Your own silly reasoning does however. Anything determined is fate. The criss was determined therefore was fate. According to your source choice has no power. Good one
Sorry but the bible refutes you

John 10:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

is your foot permanently implanted in your mouth?

Definition​

[edit]
The term "fatalism" can refer to any of the following ideas:

• Any view according to which human beings are powerless to do anything other than what they actually do.[1] Included in this is the belief that humans have no power to influence the future or indeed the outcome of their own actions.[2][3] [clarification needed]
  • The belief that events are decided by fate and are outside human control.
  • One such view is theological fatalism, according to which free will is incompatible with the existence of an omniscient God who has foreknowledge of all future events.[4] This is very similar to theological determinism.[a]

Already addressed Christ agreed to it''

Stop ignoring the evidence

Sorry but you do not know what you are talking about

as multiple sources have shown.

Here is another

Definition​

[edit]

• Any view according to which human beings are powerless to do anything other than what they actually do.[1] Included in this is the belief that humans have no power to influence the future or indeed the outcome of their own actions.[2][3] [clarification needed]
  • One such view is theological fatalism, according to which free will is incompatible with the existence of an omniscient God who has foreknowledge of all future events.[4] This is very similar to theological determinism.[a]
As I stated embrace your fatalism
Agreed to it is a choice. Something, according to you genius does not exist if it is determined.

WHOOPSIE

Sorry but the bible refutes you

John 10:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

is your foot permanently implanted in your mouth?

Definition​

[edit]

No, it refutes you and your stupid definition. If determined equals fate then Christ was fated to go to the cross. His choice was irrelevant.

Agreed to it is a choice. Something, according to you genius does not exist if it is determined.

WHOOPSIE
Lets see

• Any view according to which human beings are powerless to do anything other than what they actually do

• John 10:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

• Looks like you are wrong again

Using your sources genius. Remember determined equals fate. Choices are irrelevant. The cross was determined. Therefore fate. Christ's choice was irrelevant.
Sorry you denied my sources

And Christ was not powerless

Really you ought to take your foot out of your mouth once in while

Lets see

• Any view according to which human beings are powerless to do anything other than what they actually do

• John 10:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

• Looks like you are wrong again
Nope. I used your own source. You should read what you cut and paste and think.

Remember, Tom says anything determined is fate. The cross was determined. Tom's source says choices are powerless to change it. So Christ was fated. He was powerless to change it.

They believe because they have eternal life.
Scripture states it the other way around; whoever believes, will have life everlasting.

The ones who never believe its because Christ didn't die for them and give them eternal life, so they are still condemned by the Law.
No, the ones who don’t believe don’t believe because God will not give them faith (according to your perspective); and God’s decree is logically before the need for crucifixion. They are condemned by the eternal decree of God.

Doug

Scripture states it the other way around; whoever believes, will have life everlasting.

No, the ones who don’t believe don’t believe because God will not give them faith (according to your perspective); and God’s decree is logically before the need for crucifixion. They are condemned by the eternal decree of God.

Doug
So salvation in their view is not Christocentric

Doug
No it doesnt, you dont understand scripture, eternal life precedes believing in Christ, just as drawing does Jn 6:44, the drawing is the application of eternal life.

Please quote me saying this!

The explanation of about you calling Christ's sayings "Reformed" is in the post to which you replied (post #3,663).

1) Does the love of Christ control you when you sin?

Do not try to shift the center of this discussion to me! God has me focused and centered on the Savior God named Jesus Christ! We Christians have the promise of God proclaimed by the Apostle:

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
(1 John 2:1)

2) Who established the requirement to believe so that we may not perish?

The One who declares “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

3) Quote me saying that we force Christ to do anything. (Don’t worry, I’m not holding my breath!)

You, and your free-willian cohort, convey "I chose to believe in Jesus, so He must save me".

You proclaim that abomination of controlling God in defiance of the Christ of us Christians saying “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19).

The Lord also says:
  • "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15).
  • "He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:24).

Well at least you got something right; I haven’t repented or apologized for anything, nor can I, for I haven’t done these things. I did say that the true teaching of Reformed theology, which you seem to espouse, is “blatantly harsh, and is no gospel at all”, and unabashedly confirm that I have by repeating it again! But that is no “antagonistic slur”; it is just the truth and it is why most in your camp, in my experience of years of debating Calvinists (including @civic for many years), soft pedal there presentation of the gospel instead of just saying what you truly teach!

If you believed Jesus Christ, then you would have repented.

The one practicing the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21).

Quotation please…

When are you going to abandon the cult-like practice of repeating verbatim your argument and debate like a real thinking individual instead of this rote, static repertoire of paragraphs to which you appear to be tethered, as if it is an umbilical cord necessary for your very life?

Doug

It is part of Free-willian Philosophy which holds that a person with the person's will is separated from God, and in that state of separation, such a person can choose God; therefore, you free-willians believe that "apart from Christ, I chose Christ", yet the Christ of us Christians declares "apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) and "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) and “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19, includes salvation) and “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29), so you preach and teach and believe falsehood (2 Peter 2:1; 2 Peter 2:9-10).

Christ reveals that the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14), but your spirit declares that you control Christ with your purported choosing to believe in Christ which forces Christ to save you.

We Christians are in Christ exclusively because of the work of Christ, but you deny this fact (see 2 Peter 2:1 and John 3:3 and John 3:21 and John 15:5 and John 15:16, John 15:19, and John 6:29).

Behold, you show no repentance nor apology for your antagonistic slur you directed at God's Holy Spirit for God has me proclaiming the Good Message of Christ according to Christ, so you believe that the Christ's "doctrine is blatantly harsh, and is no gospel at all" (proof post #3,644).

Again, go back and read the plentifully loving sayings of the Christ of us Christians in the post to which you replied (direct link to post #3,630)!

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE GOD THE FATHER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND THE SON OF GOD, ALL THE ONE TRUE GOD!!!

The explanation of about you calling Christ's sayings "Reformed" is in the post to which you replied (post #3,663).

Do not try to shift the center of this discussion to me! God has me focused and centered on the Savior God named Jesus Christ! We Christians have the promise of God proclaimed by the Apostle:
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
(1 John 2:1)​

The One who declares “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

You, and your free-willian cohort, convey "I chose to believe in Jesus, so He must save me".

You proclaim that abomination of controlling God in defiance of the Christ of us Christians saying “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19).

The Lord also says:
  • "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15).
  • "He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:24).

If you believed Jesus Christ, then you would have repented.

The one practicing the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21).

It is part of Free-willian Philosophy which holds that a person with the person's will is separated from God, and in that state of separation, such a person can choose God; therefore, you free-willians believe that "apart from Christ, I chose Christ", yet the Christ of us Christians declares "apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) and "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) and “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19, includes salvation) and “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29), so you preach and teach and believe falsehood (2 Peter 2:1; 2 Peter 2:9-10).

Christ reveals that the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14), but your spirit declares that you control Christ with your purported choosing to believe in Christ which forces Christ to save you.

We Christians are in Christ exclusively because of the work of Christ, but you deny this fact (see 2 Peter 2:1 and John 3:3 and John 3:21 and John 15:5 and John 15:16, John 15:19, and John 6:29).

Behold, you show no repentance nor apology for your antagonistic slur you directed at God's Holy Spirit for God has me proclaiming the Good Message of Christ according to Christ, so you believe that the Christ's "doctrine is blatantly harsh, and is no gospel at all" (proof post #3,644).

Again, go back and read the plentifully loving sayings of the Christ of us Christians in the post to which you replied (direct link to post #3,630)!

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE GOD THE FATHER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND THE SON OF GOD, ALL THE ONE TRUE GOD!!!
Revelation 12:10

No it doesnt, you dont understand scripture, eternal life precedes believing in Christ, just as drawing does Jn 6:44, the drawing is the application of eternal life.
Not if you can read

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.

Not if you can read

John 20:31 (NASB 2020) — 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in His name.
Believing is the result of having new Spiritual life, its the fruit of the Spirit

we have a choice to stay in Him
but overall we're prisoners
in this dungeon earth
and this type satanic fleshbody
since after the fall

'free will' here is
decorating the prison cell

Back
Top Bottom