An Article on free will

Exactly. Thank you.
which is faith

Galatians 2:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

No one is justified apart from personal faith

which is faith

Galatians 2:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Personal faith? I am unfamiliar with that phrase Biblically. Where do I find said phrase in scripture?

Personal faith? I am unfamiliar with that phrase Biblically. Where do I find said phrase in scripture?
It is simply a notation that one must have faith to be justified

So how can faith not be of yourself as per

Acts 16:30–31 (KJV 1900) — 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Seeing it's in the Bible they can't do anything about it but I imagine if Calvinists could be in the times of the early church they would run up quick and tell Paul not to tell the man he needs to believe on the Lord for it comes across too much as something the man needed to do. Say rather Paul, Nothing. You don't do anything to be saved. If you do anything to be saved you're into works!

A Calvinist might say to Paul just put it as a question...."Do you have the faith of Jesus Christ? (in other words has God put it in you) Then you ARE saved then!
But Paul used believe which is a verb. Which means something you do.

Seeing it's in the Bible they can't do anything about it but I imagine if Calvinists could be in the times of the early church they would run up quick and tell Paul not to tell the man he needs to believe on the Lord for it comes across too much as something the man needed to do. Say rather Paul, Nothing. You don't do anything to be saved. If you do anything to be saved you're into works!

A Calvinist might say to Paul just put it as a question...."Do you have the faith of Jesus Christ? (in other words has God put it in you) Then you ARE saved then!
Actively do not passively receive

Or they might suggest that Paul writes something like: "Stay Inert, Do Nothing, and Wait for the Zapping".

It is simply a notation that one must have faith to be justified

I don't know what personal faith is but other than I agree with you. We are justified by faith.

Good. No one teaches that.

It is however effectually caused. God is the cause of your faith. Ezekiel 36.
Not true

Article 14 Canons of Dort states, “Faith is a gift of God, not in the sense that it is offered by God for man to choose, but that it is in actual fact bestowed on man, breathed and infused into him. Nor is it a gift in the sense that God bestows only the potential to believe, but then awaits assent—the act of believing—from man’s choice; rather, it is a gift in the sense that he who works both willing and acting and, indeed, works all things in all people produces in man both the will to believe and the belief itself.”129

David L. Allen;Steve W Lemke;; Steve W Lemke. Calvinism: A Biblical and Theological Critique (Kindle Locations 867-869). B&H Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

but there is no verse which states God effectually causes faith either.

Back
Top Bottom